Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bistander View Post

So Turion,
    Do I understand correctly? You say that you are not using bifilar coils on your lastest generator? That your are using a conventional winding of three strands in parallel?
    bi
    Yes, how many times does he have to say it? And what is your motive for focusing on these designs? It is a trifilar coil and not a bifilar coil of 1000ft each strand and yes it qualifies as a tesla coil. what was your question? I guess you never heard of branch currents?
    What a joke of a friend you are. Dave is your friend right?
    Last edited by BroMikey; 01-11-2022, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• bi,
      That’s correct. Three strands of 1,000 feet is all that is necessary. No Tesla style coil required. In every setup I always had “three strands in parallel” in order to have some amps. Those three strands were composed of a number of smaller strands connected in series. The only BENEFIT you get out of the Tesla style coil is that it lowers the RPM required for the coil to achieve the “neutral” reaction.

On my original setup I had a 3 strand coil. It would work and then quit working. It took me forever to figure out that running my MY1016 motor on a 12 volt battery I was right on the edge of the RPM at which I could get the neutral effect, and as soon as battery voltage dropped at all, the RPM would go down below the necessary threshold. I couldn’t hear it, the change was so slight, but you are either turning at 2800 RPM or you are NOT. The permalloy requires a bit higher RPM for the effect than the iron cores did.

Now Thane may be using a combination of single or multiple long strands combined with strands composed of shorter strands connected in series. He may have found some benefit to this I haven’t seen. All I know is what I see on the bench.

i don’t have the data in front of me, but if I remember there was one coil configuration that output just a bit more in power at the required RPM, and I believe it was the six strand coil. But for the difficulty in winding more strands and the time connecting all the parallel strands in series, that benefit wasn’t great enough for us to make that our target coil.

Three strands of #23 AWG each 1,000 feet long. An 11” rotor with 3/4 magnets on it spun at 2840 RPM and you get the neutral Lenz reaction with these permalloy cores

bro,
      I am not made of $$$. I have a monthly budget I don’t exceed. That means sometimes I have to wait 30 or 60 days before I can buy something I really need because I don’t have the money for it. That drags this process out. That is the ONLY reason I brought it HERE. My hope was that different people would build AT LEAST a rotor and could help test different coil materials and coil configurations. If a couple people had been able to DO that this would have been done long ago. They could have seen what happens when you add more coils or when you use the magnetic neutralization. Doesn’t matter now. I’m done with all that. Once this is put together I am finished with this machine. As I have said on multiple occasions, it works, but the generation of energy with rotary or moving parts is obsolete.

There are still TONS of things I do NOT know. Do I need 3/4” diameter magnets that are 3/4” thick? Would 1/4” thick produce enough flux to saturate the core and provide the same amount of energy? Will 1” thick 3/4 magnets produce MORE energy? Could the magnets be 1/2” in diameter and 1” thick and produce the same energy? Then you could get more on the rotor and the output would go up. Is it the mass of the magnet that determines the flux accepted by the core or is it the diameter of the magnet that causes it to accept more flux? And am I providing as much flux as this core can accept, too little, or overkill. I may never have all these answers, but they are all important questions.
      Last edited by Turion; 01-11-2022, 06:27 PM.
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Like what you said about the 6 strand winding. As far as I am concerned you have given all and like you said before others have helped you with getting funding. I know because 3 of us tried to chip in a few hundred bucks and you turned us down for fear of whatever reason.

But you are tired of this project I understand.

Anyway for those not so worn out, I say this about multiple strands in series and BTW Dave has confirmed this as well. Get enough strands together in series and you can get the null point at a lower rpm. This is important for other research. For instance, Say your new coil got you to the null at 1800rpm's why then how might changes be made to put out more amps at a lower voltage doubling the rpm' to 3600rpm's?

I'm not tired of this yet, how about the rest of you guys out there listening? If you think it thru you can lower copper costs and raise the amps delivered back to the battery. See Thane Heins 600amp regenX generator coil that slightly speeds up the rotor and generates 600 amps at a low voltage. With the right coil you can get the voltage and amps you need.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
          The ultimate obvious discussion

Again, Thane clearly states "infinity efficiency" and "electric vehicles with unlimited range". Just watch the first minute of his video. Yet he has never shown any of those which he could simply proof by measuring chraging current into the battery versus current driving the motor, or, even easier my measuring net current draw from the battery. It would need to be negative (battery charging overall while the motor is being run). He has never shown this.

Bromey, since it looks like you are running the advertising agency for Thane, please pinpoint the video and time stamp where he shows a closed battery system and measures the overall net current going into the battery or coming out of the battery. Good luck.
          Last edited by pmgriphone; 01-11-2022, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
            See Thane Heins 600amp regenX generator coil that slightly speeds up the rotor and generates 600 amps at a low voltage. With the right coil you can get the voltage and amps you need.
            Really... 600amps... do you even know what gauge a wire has to be to carry 600amps? All the thin wiring Thane is using would immediately burn out at 600amps. If you are lucky you can get 250amps through a 4/0 copper wire. That's about a 11.68mm diameter wire. A 23 gauge wire is 0.57mm diameter. He would need 420 of those 23 gauge wires in parallel to carry 600amps. Certainly not the case for any of his demos.

Bromey, stop spreading fake news. Maybe you should go work for CNN, MSNBC, BBC or take a seat on the supreme court.

Comment

• Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I only know of 4 ways to increase amp production.
              1. increase magnetic flux
              2. increase frequency of magnetic flux
              3. increase the number of turns
              4. increase the number of strands.

For voltage production increase it would be
              1. increase the length of the wire
              2. increase the magnetic flux
              3 (?) increase frequency of magnetic flux
              (not sure about this one as I am not sure I have seen this as I wasn’t LOOKING for it)
              “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pmgriphone View Post

Really... 600amps... do you even know what gauge a wire has to be to carry 600amps? All the thin wiring Thane is using would immediately burn out at 600amps. If you are lucky you can get 250amps through a 4/0 copper wire. That's about a 11.68mm diameter wire. A 23 gauge wire is 0.57mm diameter. He would need 420 of those 23 gauge wires in parallel to carry 600amps. Certainly not the case for any of his demos.

Bromey, stop spreading fake news. Maybe you should go work for CNN, MSNBC, BBC or take a seat on the supreme court.
                5vdc @ 600 amps would light a hell of a lot of LED's, ya know? But it ain't much power

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                  Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I only know of 4 ways to increase amp production.
                  1. increase magnetic flux
                  2. increase frequency of magnetic flux
                  3. increase the number of turns
                  4. increase the number of strands.

For voltage production increase it would be
                  1. increase the length of the wire
                  2. increase the magnetic flux
                  3 (?) increase frequency of magnetic flux
                  (not sure about this one as I am not sure I have seen this as I wasn’t LOOKING for it)
                  Correct ..................Don't look at me Thane said it. I just posted that video. 2.5v X 600a = 1500w
                  Last edited by BroMikey; 01-11-2022, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• I got the bolts LATE today. Had to run to town to get locktight and lock nuts, as well as some acorn nuts. Another $36.00 down the drain.
                    12 acorn nuts @ $.99 each
                    10 lock nuts @ $.36 each
                    12 1/4-20 nuts @ $ .10 each
                    2 tubes of lock tight @ $8.99 each.
                    All the little things you don’t even think about add up on a project like this.

I should have gotten more done today, but the Warriors play the Grizzlies in 40 minutes and food is required to watch the game.

https://youtu.be/uVWntkmUKCs
                    Last edited by Turion; 01-12-2022, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                      I got the bolts LATE today.

the Warriors play the Grizzlies in 40 minutes and food is required to watch the game.

https://youtu.be/uVWntkmUKCs
                      You are to funny, I loved your video, that box is so sweet now. F%&k'en bye and his nanner nanner shows how much he hates everybody. Excitement building and the conference won't be the same after that. Such a clean and simple design that the average guy can build. Keep at it. You do good work. I can see the rotor is straight as an arrow now plus you got the nice bolts .

Also a big thank you to the guys behind this man, you are all equally as great. Always remember that your help will never be forgotten for all of the work required to get this project done and sent to the lab.A clear path has been set before you and it is the younger who need to take the ball and run with it.
                      Last edited by BroMikey; 01-12-2022, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• I'm very close to having this thing all together. Unless there is some problem running it at speed that I can't see right now, I should have it up and running tomorrow. Then I can start putting coils in the machine and shooting videos of the results. It will be interesting to see what happens when Aaron gets a chance to see those videos. LOL. And LOTS of people will get to see them.
                        Just not bistander.

Comment

• Setting a generator frequency and voltage, slow down under load

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-13-2022, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Got all the mounting bolts tightened up today and everything still looks really, really good. Traded my MY1020 in on a 124 volt DC motor that MAY allow me to run off rectified output from the generator coils as I attempt to loop this thing. Need to finish up mounting the motor tomorrow. Only got to put in 1/2 a day today and likely the same tomorrow. I live in a world where there are other things I need to do besides try and make bi happy.

https://youtu.be/SsRttHO1FGU
                              Last edited by Turion; 01-13-2022, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Take your time, it's time to have a real motor on it. Same thing Thane said when he said heck I'll just use a grinder motor. Start up amp draw is high especial during testing because I am constantly starting and stopping. That 36vdc X 27amps is just under 1000w and the big dog is 124vdc x 18amp = 2200w

To regulate speed if your coils are 135vdc you may need to have a dimmer

Comment

Working...
                                X