No announcement yet.

Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In another test I ran using a 20 magnet rotor running at 3400 rpm I reached the null point using only 6 strands of 175 ft each which is only 1000 ft of wire compared to Dave's 3000 ft of wire at 2800 rpm's. But my wire was 29awg and this causes more impedance compared to a 23 awg wire. There is much to consider.

Comment

• part 2 of 4 parts

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-16-2021, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• thank you for the advice, I could only upload a photo to show the test, I used a 1hp engine and a 2kwh generator, with a 40kg flywheel. IMG-20211216-WA0002.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Memphis View Post
          thank you for the advice, I could only upload a photo to show the test, I used a 1hp engine and a 2kwh generator, with a 40kg flywheel. IMG-20211216-WA0002.jpg
          Nice test stand.
          bi

Comment

• If you notice, I said a six magnet rotor and 3 strands of 1,000 feet IN PARALLEL at 2800 rpm. You could have simply had ONE strand of 1000 feet in length. 3 strands in parallel doesn't affect the Lenz issue, it just gives you more amps output. The number of magnets on the rotor makes no difference in considering Lenz. It is the time it takes for a single magnet to initiate the Lenz process as it approaches the core/coil. So the variables are 1. RPM....2. core material (how fast does it accept flux) .....3. MASS of core material (because flux is spread evenly throughout) and .....4. length of the wire.
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
            —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Dave is correct 1000 feet is what it takes on his. I made an error there. Dave has 3000 ft on one spool to up the amps.

In yet another test I made with my son's slower moving rotor and smaller dia i need 1800 ft of wire to reach the null. This was a 10 magnet rotor RPM only 1400. The test used 25 strands of 73ft long each strand. Of course that is only half the RPM of Dave's 2800. I would have thought that I would need 2000ft but didn't and the hz was around 230hz and a very important fact is I used 25awg magnet wire.

The highest speed we ran with the run cap installed on a late 4 pole ac motor was 1650 RPM and the freq meter showed 275hz. At this speed the null could be reached with much less wire strands all connected in series.

Testing has not been thoroughly completed as yet. I am not competing with Dave's specifications or values but rather I offer my data of a completely different arrangement so that you may compare results. I have to say that
              core to magnet gap must be 1/16th" to get best results. Larger gaps give confusing readings

Here is one video of varying speeds data collection. Dave taught me to wind coils so my first adventure would be a success.

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-17-2021, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• If you all recall the video of the Thane debunker he claimed that at the speed where the Tela style coil would speed up under load it required more input to the prime mover than the single strand “standard” coil he compared it to.

There are two problems with that comparison:
                1. He is not running the Tesla style coil at the “neutral” speed, but at one where it accelerates the prime mover. That is NOT the speed at which it’s output is greatest as a generator coil. You get what you pay for.

2. Had he bothered to do a little research he would have discovered that there was an RPM at which his “standard” coil also achieved the Lenz neutral condition.

After several years of testing different core materials and single strand, 3 strand and Tesla wound bifilar, 4 strand, 6 strand, 8 strand, 12 strand, 24 strand and 36 strand coils as to RPM for “neutral” condition and watts output at that RPM, we finally settled on a coil configuration and it wasn’t what I THOUGHT it was going to be.

Memphis,
                That is a beautiful test bed. I can only imagine how much time, effort and $$ went into that. Back in the day I built a much more compact version. I had no room for a flywheel that large so I used two metal disks with 4” holes cut into them. In the holes were 4” diameter pieces of pipe filled with lead from old window weights, fishing lures, and whatever else I could find. Each piece of pipe was filled and then weighed. The lightest one became the standard, and all the others had some lead drilled out to match the weight. If you drill out too much you melt some more lead and fill the hole back up. Attached is a picture of a smaller version I have that goes on my generator shaft. 6FE7AF0C-13F6-4A8D-BA46-FF1A32D5A8FB.jpeg
                Last edited by Turion; 12-17-2021, 06:04 PM.
                “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• I have never heard of your successful replication of flywheel energy. Did you get half way through the project and deem it obsolete too?

These devices are energy multipliers

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-18-2021, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• English explanation

Comment

• Not a fake idiot vid

Comment

• Turion I am fortunate to have a lot of passion, time and opportunity, having space and an equipped workshop available. I would like to try to replicate your project, (at the moment I am replicating the homopolar generator of Trombley-Adams), what kind of coils should they be?

Comment

• Hi Turion,

Have you given up on the big black generator? It's been a long time and seemingly no progress. What's happening?
                          bi

Comment

• What's happening? Well let's see, young families are out shopping and planning to get home from work in time to wrap presents. Everything else will have to wait a couple of days. Be realistic. The black box is hard to repair now that it must be checked and rechecked for .001 tolerance. this takes time and great patience. One error in recut could set back it's recreation.

The way I see the box is that each half should have some sort of pilot to join them. Without that 1 degree out will change the angle of the rotor and rub.

Originally posted by bistander View Post
                            Hi Turion,

Have you given up on the big black generator? It's been a long time and seemingly no progress. What's happening?
                            bi
                            Last edited by BroMikey; 12-18-2021, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Memphis,
                              I will get back to you on the info about the coils. I honestly don't remember, and I wound 12 of them!! We were experimenting with so many different coil configurations that I do not remember which one we settled on. And my machine is in Sacramento until next Wednesday.There main thing you have to remember is the relationship between core material, core MASS, wire length rotor diameter and rpm. The slower (under 2800 rpm) you are going to run the machine (with a 10-11" rotor) the more the other variables will have to be adjusted. 1,000 feet of #23 wire on a coil at 2800 rpm with an 11" rotor, using a standard coil bobbin filled with permalloy, allowing it to stick out 1/4" from the bobbin, I know EXACTLY what you need to do. Change ANYTHING, and everything changes.

Bi,
                              No, I haven't given up on the black generator. According to my partners in Sacramento, it will be done at the machinist's on Wednesday. Then they have to get it to me or I have to go pick it up, and it will take a couple days to assemble at LEAST. I did not get to go see my children or grandchildren for Christmas since I wanted to wait to have a working machine to take to AZ to meet with someone who is interested in buying us out if it actually works. So I am quite anxious to get it up and running too. Not to sell it, but because I can't afford two trips to AZ right now and I really miss my three kids. Not being there for Christmas with them is a real bummer. So I am very unhappy with the progress that is being made, but it is out of my control right now.

Comment

• I am sorry Dave. I am with my young children now and I would feel bad if we were apart. Many family relationships are not this good but if you have good times this is important. I find it harder to travel now in my old age.

I wish you could find a way. to see the grand's too. Time is short so collect up a small basket of gifts and mail them

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                                I can't afford two trips to AZ right now and I really miss my three kids. Not being there for Christmas with them is a real bummer. So I am very unhappy with the progress that is being made, but it is out of my control right now.
                                Last edited by BroMikey; 12-19-2021, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X