Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Dave:
    Have you by chance spun up a rotor with those metal plates run distance to see if they heat up? They do have the "jingle" of being SS but thought you might want to check under load so to speak. I held a small motor in place with a cut pvc and it got hot to the touch and was enough to warp the pvc.
    thay

Comment

• I have not. It’s one of many things I need to test. On my old clunker the back of the coil was flush with the coil holder and there were two small pieces of metal with a bolt through the center that allowed them to rotate so the metal extended out over the back of the coil to hold it in place, and I never had a heat problem with them, just with the coil cores themselves. But they would vibrate loose after a while and I constantly had to tighten them. It was a weird setup.

So I hope this will work. Time will tell. I figured I could always replace the metal with some plastic if I need to.
      Last edited by Turion; 11-11-2021, 09:15 PM.
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Got all of the holes for the plates to hold the coils in place drilled, tapped and labeled. Labeled the plates too in case not everything is the same. Each plate was fitted to a specific spot.

Also got all 12 coils fit into the machine and coils and their positions labeled.

Now I need to strip all the coil wires bare and get them twisted together to fit in the connectors. But first, lunch.

Looks like tomorrow-Sunday I can do some testing while I wait for the new gears. My igniter I use to burn the coating off the wires ran out of juice. Need to get another one or two. There’s always SOMETHING that requires a trip to town. Maybe my wife will loan me a candle. That might work.

Last edited by Turion; 11-11-2021, 10:29 PM.
        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Rakarskiy View Post

My dear friend, solving equations with fractions is high school. The settlement procedure does not change. First, calculations are made in the numerator and denominator, and then the fraction is solved. I recommend repeating what was taught in school. This material has already proved everything, science does not deny the over-unit electromechanical converter, it is denied by idiots who think that they rule the world.
          Seriously Rakker, looks like you don't get it. What is in your paper is this: I = E - U / R + Rz

Using proper elementary school rules for division and addition, that means your first divide U/R, then add E and Rz. Clearly that is not what you meant in your formula as your units don't add up. I is in units of Amps, E is in units of voltage, U/R is in units of Amps, Rz is in units of ohms. Clearly, you can't add those up.

Clearly what you meant to write down is this: I = (E - U) /(R + Rz)

Yet the brackets are missing in your paper.... Fix it if you want anybody to understand what you mean.

But maybe you first need to revisit kindergarten before you go to elementary school?

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
            Looks like tomorrow-Sunday I can do some testing while I wait for the new gears. My igniter I use to burn the coating off the wires ran out of juice. Need to get another one or two. There’s always SOMETHING that requires a trip to town. Maybe my wife will loan me a candle. That might work.
            Just turn on your stove and stick the wire into the blue flame. Will be stripped real fast. Unless you have an electric stove. Or you can use a can of butane gas, or camps gas bottle.

Comment

• Have you ever DONE that with your kitchen stove? One wire is no problem, but when you have a LOT of wires your kitchen will soon stink to high heaven. My wife and I HAD that discussion years ago. All your other options require a trip to town for something I don't have, unless I use the flame on my barbecue grill, which had crossed my mind. But I didn't want to stand out in the rain for an hour barbequing wire. Easier to just run to town in the morning and grab what I need so I can work indoors. Don't have to go all the way to Lowes, which is 25 minutes, but to the local hardware store, which is only 12.

Comment

• Need to finish my coils today, stripping wire ends and getting them ready to put in the machine. But that should only take a couple hours.

So today is test day. Since I cannot get the machine up to 2850 rpm with current gearing, I will attempt to use alternate methods to get Lenz neutral.

I can also see what the output to load will be at the lower rpm. NOT to be confused with what it will output at the CORRECT rpm.

Data, data, data

As usual, life got in the way. Vet appointment for my dog I didn’t see on the calendar. As my wife works from home and I am retired, so that job is all mine. And he is worth it.
                Last edited by Turion; 11-13-2021, 04:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pmgriphone View Post

Seriously Rakker, looks like you don't get it. What is in your paper is this: I = E - U / R + Rz

Using proper elementary school rules for division and addition, that means your first divide U/R, then add E and Rz. Clearly that is not what you meant in your formula as your units don't add up. I is in units of Amps, E is in units of voltage, U/R is in units of Amps, Rz is in units of ohms. Clearly, you can't add those up.

Clearly what you meant to write down is this: I = (E - U) /(R + Rz)

Yet the brackets are missing in your paper.... Fix it if you want anybody to understand what you mean.

But maybe you first need to revisit kindergarten before you go to elementary school?
                  I agree, the more brackets, the less interesting explanations. I have completed the entry.

Comment

• My new bushings and gears I was expecting on Monday got here a few days early. Got all the coils finished. Got all the adjustment bolts trimmed and capped with acorn nuts. Tomorrow I put it all back together and see what kind of rpm I can get at what cost. If I can get what I need with this new setup, I can begin testing. That’s all anybody wants to see anyway. They could care less about how much time, energy and money goes into this. But my WIFE does! LOL

https://youtu.be/o8ZO6jSm_og
                    Last edited by Turion; 11-13-2021, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• https://apple.news/A_W3KNHmOQhiT-xr12d22rQ

Comment

• https://strannik-2.ru/media/kunena/a..._generator.pdf

Comment

• Rakker, better proof read your scripts a bit more... I found more mistakes:

1.1 EMF [E] is calculated using the current formula for the complete circuit: Ii = (E - U) / (R + Rz), (where R is the resistance of the active wire of the generator case). To calculate the EMF, the formula will take the form: E = (U + I) * (Rz + R) = (220 + 4.55) * (48.4 + [?]),

Comment

• Hello Mr. Rakarskiy,

Screenshot_20211117-114741.png

I'm curious, how many poles, or pole pairs, must a synchronous generator have to deliver 563 Hz at 650 RPM?
                            thanks,
                            bi

Comment

• Finally got everything working the way I wanted. Watts in around 216 with no coils in place, which is less than I thought, but dang close to what my friend showed with his machine. Difference is, I’m getting the RPM I need and he was a few hundred short. But both machines are in the ballpark.

https://youtu.be/7DQvTBpVOw4

Finally, I can do some testing. I am still concerned about this motor, but I have a different motor I will switch out with when the motor mounts arrive. The shaft on the current motor needed a threaded sleeve because it was too small for the gears. The last time I tried using this kind of threaded sleeve, the shaft snapped off. Not something I look forward to seeing happen at high speed.

Don't know if I can get all the testing done I wanted to do in the next two days or if I even HAVE two whole days. I leave town for 10 days on Saturday and have friends house sitting to take care of my dogs. So sometime Friday my buddy from Sacramento is picking up the machine and will finish up where I leave off. That could be early on Friday or late. Not sure. SO tomorrow may be my only chance, and that is probably not enough time to get all the coils adjusted and record total output. But we will see.
                              Last edited by Turion; 11-18-2021, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• http://rakarskiy.narod.ru/_fr/0/8389356.jpg8389356.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X