Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
    So here are the facts. The old clunker machine with iron core coils was able to put out between 1800-2000 watts. The input was 36 volts at 12 amps and with adjustment we could get it down to 7 amps, but it wouldn’t STAY adjusted.
    432w input 1800w output COP 4+ for 10 minutes

Comment

• Your video clearly shows 2 coils (the new ones) driving two 200watt bulbs full bright at 288v X 1.35 A = 389w so did the meters make a mistake too.

So yeah you can't have it both ways. bye is going to have a field day today

Originally posted by Turion View Post
      Data
      300 watt bulb yields 77 volts at 1.3 amps =100w
      Last edited by BroMikey; 10-24-2021, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
        Your video clearly shows 2 coils (the new ones) driving two 200watt bulbs full bright at 288v X 1.35 A = 389w so did the meters make a mistake too.

So yeah you can't have it both ways. bye is going to have a field day today
        my mistake, I was looking at the video where the guy says 28'6v at 7.4A "to run the motor" under load. Your video is not out yet. So in his video it can be clearly seen that there are two great big crystal clear bulbs of 200w each. Loaded 288v X 1.35A =389w outout. The only bulb capable of handling that kind of power.

His coils may not be the best but are a pretty good output if you ask me. 389w X 6 = 2300w

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Think a little bigger. The NEW coils put out over 300 watts at 1.5 amps per coil pair, which is a bit better than these mismatched test coils he was using. That is with a 12 magnet rotor. The new rotor has 24 magnets.
        Last edited by BroMikey; 10-24-2021, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• Bye is doing what he always does, jump the gun, calling you everything except a white boy. 14,15th and 16th version data collection in progress and Bye thinks you don't have a "ROYAL FIZZBIN"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeIExLcURQ&t=1s

It takes time to build and compile.

Originally posted by bistander View Post
          Nine days ago you said that you had a working device.

That is a bold lie.

Truth is that you did not have a working device

Truth, Turion. Face reality. Piling on more and more lies,
          bi

Last edited by BroMikey; 10-24-2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• I have a working machine. I have ALWAYS had a working machine since the day Old Clunker was built. The day the rotor exploded it wasn’t working for a few days, but bistander is the only one who will jump on that. Even when it wasn’t running, the machine still existed, and within a few days it was working again. I WILL always have a machine. Old Clunker is so noisy you can’t talk over it. It won’t stay in adjustment. And frankly, I haven’t felt safe in the same ROOM with it since the rotor exploded.

For those reasons, Black Beauty was built. But it did not produce near enough power with the all North magnet rotor design, so I am assembling Black Beast. It will be together soon. My buddy who built it already has HIS together. But he is a machinist and can easily mate old parts to new. It takes me more time. I got his video of it running last night. I need to route out a section or get shorter bolts. I will get them tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/9XnhiWuc3oE

The NEW machine COULD out produce the old machine with a 24 magnet rotor in it instead of 12, if I put the same coils in it. But then it would get hot after about 30 minutes. So I am using coils we have found that don’t get hot and am STILL looking for a better core material. With the new cores, this machine MAY not produce as much as old clunker. I won’t know until I have it running.

I am making a series of videos on the machine and how it is put together. I am on video #7 right now. When I am done with the machine everything you need to know to build it will be in those videos.
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
            —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Yeah that guys box is smooth at 1100rpm. Lets hope if he goes to 3x that fast it will also

hey dave, i thought you gave the new coil data. Are you saying the data was wrong? You going to next years conference?

288v x 1.35 a per coil pair
              Last edited by BroMikey; 10-25-2021, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Yes, that coil data was wrong.

with iron cores you can get 120 volts at 1.5 amps per coil.
                But run it over 30 minutes and it heats up too much.

With these new coils heat is not an issue. But he is only getting 77 volts at 1.3 amps out of a coil PAIR. Now that is with a 12 magnet rotor and not a 24 like the new machine. It is also with mismatched coils, so the numbers could be much different.
                “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Also a box with 12 magnets on the rotor running at 2800rpm is going to have a lower RMS waveform average than a 24 magnet box

12 x 2800 divide 60 = 560 hz

24 x 2800 divide 60 = 1120 hz

Your nichrome filaments are not designed for 100hz-1000hz inside the light bulbs. You will have no idea of the kind of power that machine can produce until you use a load that is properly matched to the output. You may need three bulbs in series.

Comment

Yes, that coil data was wrong.

with iron cores you can get 120 volts at 1.5 amps per coil.
                    But run it over 30 minutes and it heats up too much.

With these new coils heat is not an issue. But he is only getting 77 volts at 1.3 amps out of a coil PAIR. Now that is with a 12 magnet rotor and not a 24 like the new machine. It is also with mismatched coils, so the numbers could be much different.
                    yes I heard you say that the first time. What I want to know is the guy in the video showing 288v. How do both analog and digital meter read 288v and then be 77v also. I saw the bulbs light up full bright. Is that a diff core?

Comment

• 288 V is the OPEN VOLTAGE with no load attached. If you watch the video closely, he measures the voltage BEFORE the light is turned on. Then turns on the light. Then turns it off and measures voltage again. When that was noticed, I asked him specifically to measure the voltage on the coil pair with the load attached.
                      The lights didn't go up full bright. That was the first thing I noticed. They may have looked like it to you in the video, but not to me. I KNOW how bright those 300 watt lights get when they are getting 300 watts. I've been using them for YEARS. And my first question to him was about the lack of brightness of the lights.

The one video where he shows the pair of coils pegging the volt meter at past 300 volts is with two of the GOOD, matched coils, and I actually have NO IDEA how much open voltage or voltage under load a matched pair of the good coils put out. We didn't realize there was a problem with the data until I had already taken them home to put in the machine I am building. So then he tested two of the unmatched coils (one six strand and one 12 strand) and they put out 288-290 open voltage and 77 volts under load at 2.3 amps. Same core material, just different wiring configurations. Both coils have 3,000 feet of wire, just different numbers of strands connected differently and both have three wires coming off the coil.

I think I can get around 100 volts under load with the new coils on a 12 magnet rotor, and hopefully twice that much with a 24 magnet rotor. If I can, the machine will match the 1800-2000 watts of the Old Clunker machine. But I won't know until it is up and running. I may have it back together tomorrow. The bolts that hold the rotor to the flange stick out too far ( and rub) and I need to get some shorter ones. I will do that tomorrow. That is the only thing holding me up from having it all put back together. Four bolts the right length. To try and loop it that is. To get total output of the machine may be a few more days before the coils are all done

Comment

• Thanks for making a special post covering the new data, i still think freq changes everything and we are being short changed on output. Those filaments may fool us at certain hz values. the meters are for 60hz AC

The bulbs may get extremely hot at 77v just like a 400hz aircraft system running at 26v. to bad you don't have any 400hz bulbs to work with.

20-80 nickel iron rod or wire might be better instead of 50/50 or only 20% nickel and 80% iron
                        Last edited by BroMikey; 10-25-2021, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Today he will rectify the AC output of those two test coils and run it to the 120 volt DC motor I gave him. That will eliminate the issues you were talking about and give me the data I need to think about looping this. We ran this same motor this way before, just to show somebody it could be done, so we know it will run. Just don’t know what the voltage or amp input was or the RPM. All critical pieces of info.

Comment

Today he will rectify the AC output of those two test coils and run it to the 120 volt DC motor I gave him. That will eliminate the issues you were talking about and give me the data I need to think about looping this. We ran this same motor this way before, just to show somebody it could be done, so we know it will run. Just don’t know what the voltage or amp input was or the RPM. All critical pieces of info.
                            Better have a big bad azz fast bridge or it will smoke a puny standard

Comment

• It ran fine on a "puny standard". But I have the biggest, baddest bridge around still in a box if I need it.

Comment

It ran fine on a "puny standard". But I have the biggest, baddest bridge around still in a box if I need it.
                                well that's good to know, always better to be safe than fudge data. I saw a guy on youtube using a laser heat tester finding a bridge rectifier to be over heating. When I tested one at 3000hz beast oscillator it was only warm so I went to fast diodes and increased the amount over 70% better

At hf, diodes will act as resistors, somewhat, if they are Lf 60hz type but you are only at 560hz so probably did well. Continue to monitor that part can begin breaking down anytime as runtime progresses. It is like chipping away at a stone/crystal that eventually fails, of course seemingly random when are not looking.

I have been informed a regular bridge is rated 1000hz max, you want to be well below that number for the long haul.

At 1120hz 24 magnet it might be kind of nice to collect 50% more on what looks like an insignificant choice.
                                Last edited by BroMikey; 10-26-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X