No announcement yet.

Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But everything is interesting what Mr. Dave and Mr. Mikey share, their coils, how many threads, the length, the magnets, the dimensions of the rotor, etc., the experience that the data they obtained lived through.

How much work and tests are passed in their workshops, each construction of the coils, rotors with magnets, to find the optimal operation of the power generation.

I wonder if there are 2000 watt wind turbines at low speed, why not make one like that, with multi-wire coils, but you have to build and experiment, but you can see that progress is being made in one way or another, the basic principle of Coil operation is already explained, the aim is to improve it.

For my part, I prefer moderate speed generators for the home.

Comment

• The Magnax low speed generator.
      https://youtu.be/rGu7XDapR58
      Last edited by Quantum_well; 04-04-2021, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• It's real strange why Thane insists on quoting kinetic energy. What we're interested in is power and to get at power we need to know the rate at which kinetic energy is changing.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexelectric View Post
          If you run your current generator 2800 rpm, you will have a lot of induction, as you have more magnets, you can also operate it at minus 1400-1800 rpm, but you will know the optimal operation when you perform the tests.

Of course, more rpm, more induction, but more risks, for a home generator.

You had already commented that you once generated at 1400 rpm.

Mr. Dave you have worked and experimented a lot, just like Mikey.
          I can generate under 1000rpm using all 51 strands and not slow down the rotor, but the problem is that the output is tiny. But it does generate. The effect is the lack of lenz induction like Tesla said. The media machine of Telsa's day (JPMorgan) spent billions over the years to brainwash the public into going back to sleep. Same today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quantum_well View Post
            The Magnax low speed generator.
            https://youtu.be/rGu7XDapR58
            Wind turbines are ancient history, tho refined cost more to run than they put out. Wings break off and are sticking out of the ground here in Kansas. The big earth movers are constantly driving back out to a multi-million $$ construct to lower the unit back to earth. Out here they have 200ft booms and 300ft rotors. The gear box dies fast. The average person can not afford to purchase or maintain. These are Govt funded diversions to keep the public pacified into thinking they have free energy.

The mechanical feat of precision in the video is awesome.

Comment

It's real strange why Thane insists on quoting kinetic energy. What we're interested in is power and to get at power we need to know the rate at which kinetic energy is changing.
              Negative work is what Thane always talks about. For instance the household motor in use today battles with BEMF. Thane calls that Negative work. To over come BEMF the operator must increase the current to get it to run. Thane's contention is that this powerful force opposite and equal is negative work and should be counted as such and that this negative work can be used as positive work, not just ignored in the equation as if it did not exist.

We as a people have been conned by the govt controlled universities. Now that so many high minded think they are self right the task is to deal with ego's. Everything we know is a lie.
              Last edited by BroMikey; 04-04-2021, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Bro, look at the comments after that Thane video.

Comment

• Ok Mikey, If you add more series connections, the resistance and voltage are increased, but the current decreases, and if you work at a slower speed, less output generation, hence one has to balance and assess the parameters that provide us with an optimal generation. .

There are several elements that are found in this production, 12 magnets at 24 magnets at 2800 rpm, I think that would be an acceptable term.

Mr. Mikey in your generator of 20 magnets at 3400 rpm, with the 24-wire coil, you comment that when connecting the 6th wire you achieved the null effect, I wonder did you try putting the 6 wires in series with 4 in parallel, and try its generation, or three series of 8 wires with 3 in parallel, and test the generation, because you could have put more coils with those configurations, and get a generation that you could take advantage of, I think you will have the best ratings.

Now the induction also depends on the dimension of the magnets, bigger more induction, more rpm more induction, and the amount of magnets more induction, the double magnet induction also gives us more induction, the coil wires, the core of the coil, there are several elements and factors that one has to assess in the configuration of each generator according to the requirements and situations that arise in each prototype.
                  Last edited by alexelectric; 04-04-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• BroMikey,

I am curious to know what the capacitance, inductance and resistance of your coil is in different configurations. Especially the capacitance of a coil has not been studied in general by anyone

If you still have access to that 51 strand coil, could you measure R,L and C in the following cases:

1. All 51 strands in series (make sure they are all connected in the same direction, so end of one strand needs to go to beginning of next strand). Resistance should go to 51*R
                    2. All 51 strands in parallel (make sure they are again connected in the same direction, so start of strands to start of next strand, end of strand to end of next strand). Resistance should go to R/51.

Question is what happens to L and C of the coil compared to L and C of a single strand.

PmgR

Comment

• Pmgriphone have you got time to do some calcs on

​​​​Turions coil? I have done some myself and would be interesting to compare.

Comment

Pmgriphone have you got time to do some calcs on

​​​​Turions coil? I have done some myself and would be interesting to compare.
                        Sure, I am an electrical engineer, so no problem. Turion's resistance measurements don't make sense though as he is using about 3000ft total of AWG #23 which should have about 60 ohms of resistance, not 5.9 ohms.

Comment

• I had absolutely no time last night or this morning to work on this stuff as I was under a deadline to get some things done before a contractor comes tomorrow morning. But I made it, and now I am drinking margaritas and waiting for my wife to fix dinner. I'm taking all day tomorrow off from house remodeling, except for meeting with the contractor in the early AM, so I can do whatever tests need to be done tomorrow. I plan on testing the output of some different coils, putting together my permalloy coil, and possibly winding a coil or two. So I will do whatever tests you want me to do. I have several different meters, so I can take readings with more than one. I thought the LCR meter was the most accurate, but who knows. I have eight or so coils wound, so I will set it up so that I can measure L,C and R on all of them at the same time, so there is a comparison of how accurate they are wound. Since all are wound by hand.

All the coils are wound with 12 strands of #23 each 253 ft in length
                          Resistance should not change no matter how they are wound, should it?
                          Capacitance will change depending on how the wires in parallel are connected in series.
                          Inductance is MOSTLY dependent on number of turns isn't it? (I know space between turns is also important.

I believe I have a coil with a core in it that has 3 strands of #23 each either 800 or 1,000 feet long. I can tell the difference once I find the coil because 3,000 feet of #23 wire FILLS a coil when you don't have a professional coil winding machine.
                          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                          —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by pmgriphone View Post

Sure, I am an electrical engineer, so no problem. Turion's resistance measurements don't make sense though as he is using about 3000ft total of AWG #23 which should have about 60 ohms of resistance, not 5.9 ohms.
                            The resistance readings are correct those of Mr. Dave and the one I measured, if wire # 23 were 3000 feet it would directly measure what you comment, but please read, 12 wires, 253 feet, 4 connected in series, gives 3 connections in parallel, thanks if you are helping with the calculations, we will do it too, we will get involved in making them

Comment

• If you wire everything in series, resistance is only dependent on the total length of the wire. 20.39ohms/1000ft for AWG #23. L and C will change depending on how you wire the strands, so you will need to measure that for each wire configuration. L will also depend on the core material (e.g. air/iron/ferrite). More turns is typically more inductance (quadratic relationship with number of turns if wired in series). Capacitance needs to be measured.

Comment

• Sure the inductance changes, core or no core, but the resistance in the ohm measurement, will be the resistance of the conductor, you commented 60 ohm at 3000 feet, 60/12 = 5 , 5x4 = 20 0hm, 3 connections in parallel of 20 ohm, 6.6 ohm, theoretical data, the length and the error in the coil, change a little, let's keep building, thanks
                                Last edited by alexelectric; 04-05-2021, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X