No announcement yet.

Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanding magnets for epoxy press fit into stainless steel rotors. In the end the holes will be star shaped or press fit holes with tiny v shaped grooves that hold epoxy. Not sure everyone will follow that so I may find a picture. All bonding surfaces need to be sanded and placed right away to prevent oxidation and poor holding power.

Last edited by BroMikey; 03-14-2021, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• https://www.jobmastermagnets.com/how...dymium-magnets

How to Glue Your Neodymium Magnets

Tips and tricks for gluing neodymium magnets. Types of glue to use, and what not to use! Call Jobmaster Magnets today.

Glue or adhesive is often used to hold magnets in place. With so much uncertainty around different types of glue, here are some things to keep top of mind.
      1. Clean your surfaces

You'll want to first make sure that the surfaces you're applying glue to are clean and free of blemishes. Dirt, grease and dust can hinder the effectiveness of the glue.

Surfaces can be cleaned with an alcohol swab or cloth. You can also use a product that's a dedicated adhesive primer (these are usually made from alcohol or acetone).
      2. Scratch the surface

Most epoxies and adhesives require some roughening if you're applying to an overly smooth service. Use sandpaper or abrasive "roughen" the surface. Remember to clean off the dust when you're finished to ensure maximum hold.
      3. Type of glue

There are a number of adhesives that work well, however, be sure to check the cure time before purchasing. Here are a few adhesives we recommend:
      • Two-part epoxy - often sold as a 5-minute epoxy
      • Cyanoacrylate - sold as 'Crazy Glue'
      • JB Weld
      • Liquid Nail
      • Silicone adhesive

The adhesive you choose depends on the application. If you're looking for something that's versatile, it's best to choose an epoxy adhesive when bonding with the nickel plating of our magnets as well as various other surfaces.
      4. Hot glue guns

With so many different options for acceptable adhesives, you should definitely stay away from hot glue guns. Although this may be a go-to adhesive for so many other surfaces, high temperatures can affect the strength of your magnets. Even the advertised "low-temperature" models can still be damaging.
      5. Gluing plastics

Gluing magnets to plastic can be tricky, so you may want to consider contacting the company of the adhesive you're using for additional support if you're experiencing difficulty.

When using plastics, it's important to remember that they're all different. Plastics like ABS, which is used in many consumer products) and PVC (used most commonly in white plumbing pipes) work well with a variety of adhesives. On the other hand, plastics like polypropylene (milk jugs) and polyethylene (disposable plastic shopping bags) are nearly impossible for the adhesive to bond to.
      6. Other adhesives

For smaller applications, double-sided tape can often work well. Tapes are not recommended for larger or more powerful magnets, but for smaller, lighter ones it's a good fit. Your only real option for double-sided tape is:
      • 3M VHB

Comment

• Hardware tools

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by BroMikey; 03-15-2021, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Coils in Progress Coils on the bench.jpeg A coil.jpeg
              “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
              —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Comment

• Early Research 13 years ago or longer ago than that even.

Comment

• 7326B539-548B-4A91-A4AC-BFC90E95F759.jpeg Hundreds of pieces of permalloy painted with high temp enamel and ready to be glued into cores.
                    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Good idea dude, go big and keep at it. I route for you everyday.

Comment

• Good presentation Mr. Dave, it already looks like a professional production.

Mr Dave, who will already be testing more coils and going for good results, in the end there is always congratulations to you and your team.

Comment

• For the guys who want to get into this work. First learn motors as generators

Last edited by BroMikey; 03-16-2021, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• I just got a very generous offer from someone who is willing to send me some coils with a specific winding pattern he believes will be of assistance to me so that I can test them against the coils I have on this machine. Can't beat that! Especially since I absolutely HATE winding coils.
                            Last edited by Turion; 03-16-2021, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• You can try, Mr. Dave, you will always have test options for different materials, and always like any prototype you will continue to improve

Comment

• https://youtu.be/Az0v79-vG_E

Comment

Working...
                                X