No announcement yet.

Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bro, this guy is a genius. This motor would lend itself ideally to Thane's idea you described to me. This 42 pole motor could be used with 14 motor coils and 28 regeneration coils . You've got to admit Thane's attempt at an Ebike is nowhere near in the same league as Whynot cycles bike.
    I'd like to say that I've been interested in these ideas for many years, being totally hooked on the Bedini motor for battery charging. Needless to say I haven't found anything that works........yet!
    https://youtu.be/EZELVYpDbVk

Comment

• Originally posted by Quantum_well View Post
      Bro, this guy is a genius. This motor would lend itself ideally to Thane's idea you described to me. This 42 pole motor could be used with 14 motor coils and 28 regeneration coils . You've got to admit Thane's attempt at an Ebike is nowhere near in the same league as Whynot cycles bike.
      I'd like to say that I've been interested in these ideas for many years, being totally hooked on the Bedini motor for battery charging. Needless to say I haven't found anything that works........yet!
      Agreed, he is a genius however his invention does take millions and does not have a single thing to do with our simple Tesla invention. Fuel cells are a great million dollar invention, cold fusion is also but does not apply.

Once again Tesla laid out a generator coil that has self induction and later invented another coil for generators with no self induction. In Tesla's second coil design the operator can draw current from these coils without creating negative work (Thank Thane). Negative work costs money just like positive work cost money. The negative work is called BEMF or
      BACK-ELECTRO- MOTIVE -FORCE. This brings us to the "BACK" word. Back meaning against the work. Tesla's work is so simple that a generator can now be refitted so that instead of a less than 1.O COP the unit becomes infinite.

As we look at Physics we see the work energy principle. In the case of an electric motor formula exists for the positive work done and can be calculated. However the negative work is not covered or completely ignored. To the thinking mind this is called an error.

Consequently when you plug in all of the numbers your answer is incomplete.
      Last edited by BroMikey; 02-16-2021, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Bro,.....
        I'd like to say that I've been interested in these ideas for many years, being totally hooked on the Bedini motor for battery charging.
        Let me now address your quest to follow THE Great John Bedini or as many say John Boy Bedini. Such an inquisitive and gentle soul. He has many stars.

If you can understand this John did what we are doing. Remember his generator coils? He had a thousand builds. One build the rotor turned faster and his generator coils were very very long. Then he hooked all in series. This raised his efficiency dramatically. John did run out of time but before he and his brother left, yet John recognized what Dave Bowling was reading from a Tesla patent. John also watched Dave speak on this forum for a number of years and knew that from Turion's experimental work that he might someone bring forth a practical build. Dave has only shown his work behind the board. There has always been a board running parallel to this board where they can see all of our comments and snicker but we can not see.

This is quite alright, I think a background board is a good thing as so many personalities are unable to cope with the endless bludgeoning. I say come and get some.
        Last edited by BroMikey; 02-16-2021, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Quantum_well
          This is what I comment, there are always new ideas, projects, improvements to prototypes, innovations and adaptations to have better performance or efficiency, adapting the devices to our needs, creativity has no limit.

Your comment
          "This 42-pole motor can be used with 14 motor coils and 28 regeneration coils"

This is one more option, and others can be adapted, everyone will look for what they require.

The man from the video changed the magnets for stronger ones (neodymium), of course it will have more torque, it will support more stress and weight the motor, very good adaptation, now if the motor is used as a motor and generator as you mentioned, reduce the coils The engine would result in a decrease in torque, and when the generator begins to generate it would be like a brake through the lenz, there would be a decrease in speed, it can be done as you say, it would only be to see how much is gained or lost, or if you get something acceptable.

You can continue modifying the configuration, I can think of a motor time lapse and the next step as a generator, you need to perform the commented tests, and see the results, how much is really gained, but from the outset, the conventional generator although it generates charge the battery, it would be a brake.

I have worked with electric motorcycles, and I know the subject.

Now, coils with high impedance could be incorporated, to achieve acceleration, but there is not enough space in the motor, in addition, the revolutions are somewhat low to incorporate or rewind coils that require more speed to show their generation effect, what I comment is An idea, and proposal, for some there is already the prototype with Mr. Thane's project and other prototypes like Mr. Dave's project, they could also serve, but some researchers do not give credit to these works, well, what if I can say that one can test the prototypes of Mr. Dave and Mr. Thane in a small prototype and see the results, and thus test himself, if it is viable or not, this is for those who want to experiment and test the prototypes.

Everything is important and very interesting, since each one will see what he can do according to his knowledge capacities, his economic capacity, and his availability of time and effort.

Any comment or suggestion for or against, the purposeful and respectful debate helps us find better ideas and projects, we are here to contribute and advance, there is much to do and experience.

"Everything takes time and effort, many hours of adjustments and experimental tests, until you get what you need" alexelectric

Comment

• Bro, what you described to me re Thane's work, that is motor coils and the regeneration coils. In the video of the bike, that motor has 42 poles. You could use 14 of those as motor poles and 28 as regeneration coils.
            You must agree that the printed magnet holders are awesome and configuration of the magnets in Halbach array is inspired.
            I've been on OU.com since 2005 so I've seen a thing or two. I must say that bike is one of the best builds I've ever seen.

Comment

• Thank you Alex. You see what I'm getting at, Thane's idea as described by Bro seems totally unfeasible. There's no way you can run a motor off a battery and recharge it at the same time, it's nonsensical! You can bet your bottom dollar Thane's contraptions would stop dead if you pulled the wall plug.

Comment

• Alex, the torque of those motors is absolutely amazing, just look at this video. People try some daft things!
                You could wind those motors with all sorts of coils using thinner wire. Obviously you wouldn't be able to use high current but it would serve as a proof of concept. I'm currently using four of them at the moment and they'll go up to 2k rpm no bother. I guess you'd get good power even with lighter coils.
                Have fun, Xavier.

https://youtu.be/VeF4XAhqFNk

Comment

• Agree is a very good job, a lot of torque, if you use the 48 coils as a motor you have more torque, when it is divided to generate some of the torque it decreases, and when you generate it decreases the speed, but if it is a large project, and it is viable, everything That is good, how much autonomy is obtained, how long do the batteries last before recharging, with the 28 coil generator they should help the supply for a longer time.

In the video where they use the motor with the car, if of course it has great torque, the neodymium magnets are very strong, and I also imagine the consumption of the battery, good very illustrative videos.​​​​

Comment

• Alex I put this on bistander, in case you didn't see it.
                    https://youtu.be/Oo0jm1PPRuo
                    Last edited by Quantum_well; 02-17-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Ok, thanks I'll check it

Comment

Bro, what you described to me re Thane's work, that is motor coils and the regeneration coils. In the video of the bike, that motor has 42 poles. I've been on OU.com since 2005 so I've seen a thing or two. I must say that bike is one of the best builds I've ever seen.
                        That must be his really really old old design, the one I posted has 24 poles. It gets confusing when you are a half hearted follower popping in once every 10 years whether you need it or not. Unless you gave up in 2010

Make sure your coils are wrapped tighter and longer in case this slipped your mind.
                        Last edited by BroMikey; 02-17-2021, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Bro, check out this.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perepiteia
                          Thane has been trying for 20 years or more.
                          The bike I was referring to was Whynot cycles.
                          Did you look at the Kibble balance? It's a motor generator and is working to an accuracy of 10 parts in a billion.
                          it's heartbreaking to see guys spending their hard earned and time on motor generators when there isn't a hope in
                          -----. of a positive outcome.
                          The relationship of you to bi is a pantomime, oh yes I'm right, oh no you're wrong.
                          Now it's up to you to show me an honest video where you're getting 90% plus efficiency out of a generator.
                          Thane's videos aren't at all clear and I don't see the point in them.

Comment

• Bro,this is the bike I was referring to, it's a real working bike. If Thane's coils work this would be the ideal bike to test them on. If Thane had the skills of the builder in this video he might just get somewhere.

Comment

• I'm currently working on a Hall sensor.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I'm currently working on a Hall sensor.
                                Is it the sensing device that comes with the washer motor?

Comment

Working...
                                X