No announcement yet.

Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ll just run on down to Lowe’s and pick up a few dozen metglass cores for my machine. No problem! Wait, they don’t have them at Lowe’s? They have to be custom made? They are incredibly EXPENSIVE? Wow! Who would have thought?

OBSOLETE tech, not worth me investing thousands in. Like I said. You think you can snap your fingers and solve every problem. It takes hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars. Where is YOUR replication that YOU can spend thousands developing and working out the kinks in? You know EXACTLY how to do this but you haven’t done it. What’s YOUR excuse?
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
      I’ll just run on down to Lowe’s and pick up a few dozen metglass cores for my machine. No problem! Wait, they don’t have them at Lowe’s? They have to be custom made? They are incredibly EXPENSIVE? Wow! Who would have thought?

OBSOLETE tech, not worth me investing thousands in. Like I said. You think you can snap your fingers and solve every problem. It takes hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars. Where is YOUR replication that YOU can spend thousands developing and working out the kinks in? You know EXACTLY how to do this but you haven’t done it. What’s YOUR excuse?
      This is an old project already done for you but you always had a made up mind. Pounding thin wire into a plastic tube is not even a 60hz core. Okay granted, it's over your head on this subject, there is nothing to be ashamed of. You need to hear the voice of reason, the cores you need are inexpensive. No homemade Ferrite won't cut the mustard either hero.

Thane is going to be so blessed when he sees you thanking him for all of his advance research that has been sitting right in front of you for years. He is and engineer not you. Your a bossy guy I'll give you thatbut out of your league. Stick with the all-thread and chicken wire if you must. You are so much fun to chat with.

Just so everyone can see that you do not even have it running yet and you already have all the answers. Just do what you are told and get it up. Someone handed it to you, at least you could show more respect. Yer stripes are still the same color. Stinks. We keep fumigating and you keep throwing a hissy. Come on Dave gimme a break.

The least you could do is pound some of that spaceage ribbon into a plastic tube with binder. No more painted wires that are oh so thin, stop it Dave. That's not a 1000hz core. Why do you want this to fail?

Comment

• Bromikey for all the info Dave shared,you are an idiot for bashing him.Thane machine is not practical. 3400rpm is to high and selfdestructive.

Comment

• bro,
          I’m so glad Thane had done all that work. So tell me, where can I buy these inexpensive met-glass cores? I’ll take two. dozen. I’ll order them today. So glad you found some that come in just exactly the right size to replace the cores in the coils I have already wound. Lucky, lucky me.

As for not having it running yet, I have had 14 versions of the 12 coil machine and one other version of the 10 coil machine up and running over the last 12 years. How many machines have YOU built? How many coils are on YOUR machine? And it’s a met-glass core, right?

I never said met-glass is not the way to go. I said I’m not willing to spend the money to do the necessary research. This was a prototype to prove TWO things:
          1. That coils could be built that neither speed up nor slow down the drive motor
          2. That magnetic neutralization would eliminate the magnetic drag.

Research into core materials was never my intention. If Thane has done that, awesome! If he had solved the heating problem, super-duper. That makes this a LITTLE less obsolete than I thought.
          Last edited by Turion; 12-19-2020, 09:50 PM.
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• I'll find them Sir, I'll be glad to. My only problem is that I do not have an exact dimension. Maybe I will find you some wire made out of that stuff and you can do it the same way. There is what is called Permalloy wire. One form is called Ni-wire. Ni-wire is also called Nickel chromium wire same as dryer heating elements are made of. Never mind Thane doesn't care anymore that old project is out dated by now.

http://www.hysuperalloy.com/permallo...c-80-pc-3.html
            Permalloy 1J85 /Super-permalloy/PC-80 PC-3
            Look at the chart, smallest wire is .1mm and read what it is for. The 80 number is percent nickel in this case but the newer nano stuff is even cheaper, will look.

So 3/4" dia? rods how long exactly? and what size exactly? Is that .750" or .780? I need exact so the cores are not to tight.

300px-Permalloy_loaded_cable_construction.svg.png
            Last edited by BroMikey; 12-20-2020, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• BTW Bedini was operating at around 30hz. Most of his bike wheels never went faster than 150-300 rpm and these were taped on Ferrite magnets say 10 poles and other that went a few r's faster were 6 magnet poles.

Again 30hz is not 1000hz we are growing fast those school girl projects. Time to man up.

Comment

• 3/4 or.75 by 3” is the core size. I will happily purchase 24 of them. I have an entire roll of metglass. Enough to do 12 coils. But it is probably 8-10 inches wide and razor sharp. I tried trying to make a core out of it years ago and ended up about bleeding to death. I won’t try again.

Comment

3/4 or.75 by 3” is the core size. I will happily purchase 24 of them. I have an entire roll of metglass. Enough to do 12 coils. But it is probably 8-10 inches wide and razor sharp. I tried trying to make a core out of it years ago and ended up about bleeding to death. I won’t try again.
                  oh I absolutely understand your obstacle. Iron in the form of glass, nearly impossible to cut without splintering. I learn now a laser cnc is used to cut shapes but it would be better to find spools the same size that except square cores the same mass. If a square style core spool can be found, I have not looked. I tried to cut this stuff (Nano crystalline) with scissors and the material scatters and sprays all over the floor. Chips everywhere. Maybe I can bust it off with another device. Slitting saw blades are used to segment rolled up ribbon toroid's. These slitting blades work but each piece must be held in place during the cut.

Let me think about it. I knew we would get around to this one day. Been hot after the info from the beginning.

Comment

• So in other words the met-glass cores are not available. So I can’t purchase them.

Comment

So in other words the met-glass cores are not available. So I can’t purchase them.
                      here is what I am working on for you. See the chart. .787" dia and 4" long or 20mmX100mm. O have not contacted them yet still looking. Some have 19mm dia but I must find them again. Stay tuned. Yes Metglas companies could also supply the right shapes. far left column
                      https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1qsNJS...FXaY.jpg_.webp

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...5d1f7cd3JcUE3I

Hd4d2062faff0417b8a6afa79d91616f3R.jpg_300x300.jpg
                      Last edited by BroMikey; 12-20-2020, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• Another option is to buy the right nickel iron wire any thickness easiest to force into the spool. 1j79
                        Carefully study the chart. Look for 1j45 also might be enough nickel which mean 45% nickel in the iron, likewise 1j79 is superloy and is 79% nickel. Can't tell you which one is better. Wire dia can be .1mm - 18mm using this material may cost more at say $5-$10 per part, ringing up the bill. Notice in the far left column for permalloy45 is says this. "High magnetic conductivity higher saturation magnetic flux density soft magnetic alloy" this is the stuff but either one is close to the other. probably best to leave %55 of the iron content is my guess.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...1cb45089SpvHC6

H630475f400c74dbc8988fad28eb8291cq.jpg
                        Last edited by BroMikey; 12-20-2020, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• The met-glass is a possibility. I have contacted a couple suppliers for quotes. Is that wire coated? I couldn't find info on that.

Comment

The met-glass is a possibility. I have contacted a couple suppliers for quotes. Is that wire coated? I couldn't find info on that.
                            Not an insulating coating, no. But you can dip the cut pieces of wire like you always do. Make sure the grain is length- wise. Of course it probably will be and will be a question possibly. To get a metglas core round or in a cylinderical shape might call for machining a square piece. Metglas is normally formed from a ribbon and this type would mean the grain direction is correct. On the other hand if 1000's of small penny size lief-lets are stacked one upon the other this grain direction would be wrong. It is important to have each lief of ribbon be in first hand contact with the magnets flux. This way each piece will be filled with flux from one end to the other, equally and at the same time.
                            Last edited by BroMikey; 12-20-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Grain direction might be an issue with this, otherwise....

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...bd6f39aeSKkDZM

I have asked for information on dimensions and gave them specs. Waiting for response.

Comment

Grain direction might be an issue with this, otherwise....

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...bd6f39aeSKkDZM

I have asked for information on dimensions and gave them specs. Waiting for response.
                                Those rod are made for HF pulse transformers but I don't see people using them for generators. Thane (my main man) has tried these and now uses amorphous Metglas. My goodness not just Thane, he is Johnny come lately compared to the thousands of examples all over youtube before we got here. Ferrite must be a certain number for every application. To make a longer story much shorter let's just say the glass impregnated tape is far cheaper to produce which is important when you are adding up to 80% nickel. In other words both materials are capable but the Ferrite process may cost 5X more mula.

All in all I will have to say that the pattern laid out before us with 60hz motor generator laminated must be followed. Different consistency, same basic geometry. Remember Mad-mack? He pointed out that the induction fork laminates must be oriented properly.
                                Last edited by BroMikey; 12-21-2020, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X