No announcement yet.

Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part 2 Where Thane shows the operation.

See Part 1 in the previous post. This weeks new release.

He is at about 50v sometimes 70v so this makes for a shorter
    coil length allowing a larger dia wire to increase the amps.

Comment

• Also updated video Oct 27th 2020 discussion on 50 watt motor

This is not a perpetual device only an infinite design.

Comment

Last edited by BroMikey; 11-10-2020, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• A pair of side bags hiding these would extend the ride time. Hope he makes this an option for E-Bikes. I am getting a FatBoy EBike and could easily upgrade to 72V to run his system.

Comment

• Originally posted by thaelin View Post
            A pair of side bags hiding these would extend the ride time. Hope he makes this an option for E-Bikes. I am getting a FatBoy EBike and could easily upgrade to 72V to run his system.
            Yes i understand. I have always loved the big scooters like Cushman made. here is one from 1948. There should be lots of room to experiment with these bigger builds.

2f067574d0dc15584ddebb25bf762124.jpg

Comment

• Deleted***
              Last edited by Turion; 11-13-2020, 07:58 AM.
              “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
              —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                Deleted***
                Hey Dave whadga delete?

Comment

• Just a picture of the lawn and garden tractor I am converting to an electric go-cart as proof of concept. but nobody cares unless you show them how to power your house for free.
                  “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                    Just a picture of the lawn and garden tractor I am converting to an electric go-cart as proof of concept. but nobody cares unless you show them how to power your house for free.
                    Funny guy. I care. Yeah thats right I remember seeing your mower. Almost forgot that. What did it do?

Comment

• Hy guys..i also work on antilenz coils.. What kept me going on this is an experiment with a stepper motor used as a gen.it speeds up under load at high rpm. i also tried alex manzanero coil and it works but with 20% less power but the rpm did not change with magnetic circuit away from the rotor.Now i'm working on thane C core bifiliar,and want to build Daves setup but i dont have so much cooper wire right now.Btw thanks so much Dave for all the teachings you are a genius and a good man.Found a video and i remembered you talking about how magnet thickness efect the performance,or use a hallbach aray https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkHpcpQ9z8o
                      Last edited by adys15; 11-14-2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Turion

"My intention with this machine is to change the wiring scheme to see if I can get the amperage up and the voltage down while still maintaining speed up under load. I would like an output of 30-50 volts AC, with more amps. I can control that with either a step down transformer and then convert to DC or convert directly to DC and then buck down to a lower DC voltage. The range of DC to DC buck modules has a high end limit as far as I can tell. I haven't found one that will deal with over 120 volts DC. Anyway, that's the update."

Good point Mr. Dave, I with a single coil from your project, I turned on a 75 watt, 120 volt incandence bulb,
                        Then I put a transformer of 120 v, to 12 v, to be able to turn on a 12 volt car light, and if it worked.

I think well as Mr. Dave mentions so that it can give more amperes and less voltage, you have to modify the coil, or the connections if the 12-wire coil is connected in 4 connections in series, and the 3 in parallel, the connections in series give 130 volts, if we change them to 2 connections in series they would give us 8 and connected in parallel, the series sections of 2 connections would be 130/2 = 65 volts, it would be a matter of testing since it also changes the impedance of the coil, I do not remember if I did that test, what if I remember that if I connected them more in series and it gave me a shock and a good scare, because of the voltage discharge in me.

As you can see there is always a lot of work to do.
                        In the week I am going to finish another coil, and I will begin to carry out tests, the good thing that the base of the motor I built has space to be able to put the other coil on the other side.

Everything that takes time and dedication and continue building, a great encouragement to experiment regardless of positive or negative results, everything is learned.

Bye

Comment

• Turion wrote

"My intention with this machine is to change the wiring scheme to see if I can get the amperage up and the voltage down while still maintaining speed up under load. I would like an output of 30-50 volts AC, with more amps. I can control that with either a step down transformer and then convert to DC or convert directly to DC and then buck down to a lower DC voltage. The range of DC to DC buck modules has a high end limit as far as I can tell. I haven't found one that will deal with over 120 volts DC. Anyway, that's the update."

Dave talks a lot on boost modules huh?
                          Any thing concrete, cement man? I would like to see a preview of any kind on this wise. Even just a small crumb of an example? Not done testing? Need a few years? Anything to show anything would be a start. It doesn't have to power the world.

Comment

• I've done tons of testing. I've run dozens of different writing combinations over the years to see what outputs I could get. Cutting the voltage in half doubles the amps. It's not rocket science. Doubling there output voltage cuts the amps in half. Same deal. The new gen, built by my friend in Florida should be here in the next couple weeks. Then I will have a working machine, and 10 coils to put in it. Only TWO have ferrite cores. But this is a NEW rotor with 22 magnets on it instead of 12, so the output will be different as will the speed necessary to speed up under load. With TWICE as many magnets I should be able to decrease the capacitance by shortening the wire and still get "speed up under load" to go neutral. Lots to experiment with.

Comment

• Okay my mistake. I thought we were talking about the split positive arrangement using boosters and supercaps for the lawnmower. The progress you mentioned with so many magnets should be an exciting result. Possibly shorted coils and slower speeds.

Comment

• Sooooooo, my friend who has spent the last few months building two modified replications of my generator has shipped mine by UPS. According to what I have received, it will be here on Monday. That's great, because I should have some time next week to get it assembled. My wife is out of town for ten days starting tomorrow. The hard part will be pressing in all the magnets, but I have some things that have worked in the past that I will be trying since I don't have a press. Once it is assembled, I will have to build a motor mount and figure out how to attach the motor to the drive shaft. I have some spare time next week as work on the remodel is winding down. It isn't quite finished, but I can take a day off here and there. Thank goodness. Once it is up and running, I can take video of the testing and send that to Aaron. The best part is I will have a solid working machine that is easy to adjust and keep in adjustment. Easy to demonstrate. Finally.

Comment

Working...
                                X