No announcement yet.

Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way I figured out frequency of these generators was by looking at the military patents. They have 24 poles and operate at 400hz. I was never interested in having someone tell my the exact freq their machine was running, just generally. Was it 1khz, was it 100hz? I have been here exploring over 5 years only just recently found the answer on my frequency meter. Anyone who has half a brain knows that rpm changes the freq.

In fact for the last 100 years the manual for a 2 or 4 pole gas generator instructs a person to idle adjust the freq setting, this is a no brainier.Of course rpm changes the freq, that has never been the question. My setup is a 20 pole and at 1600rpm the freq is 295hz. At 3600 rpm it would be over double that. This is why the military uses a 24 pole. A 24 pole generator lets the operator have his cake and eat it to, so to speak. That generator runs at 1700rpm, which is very slow extending the life of the rotating parts dramatically and at the same time puts out a whopping 400hz. 400hz power has 5 times the output of the same size 60hz. Some say 6 times. At 400hz the wires carries the power on the skin, so skin effect changes everything. To take proper advantage of 400hz in terms of collection and distribution is way over your head and the heads of those who read these posts.

Hope you don't get burned alive like others have. A generator is nice but the air is nasty to breath. maybe an oxygen source would be in order. If the smoke gets thick enough your wife is going to stay gone till rainy season.

Happy remodeling.
    Last edited by BroMikey; 10-03-2020, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• This info probably needs its own thread, but I do not have the time, so I will post it here, and you can do what you will with it. Suffice to say, another "LAW" bites the dust. Whether people choose to believe it or not, research is being done EVERY DAY that prove many of the "LAWS" not only CAN be broken, but SHOULD be broken to achieve our goals
      https://news.uark.edu/articles/54830...-from-graphene
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• More fuel cell promises. The military is using 24 pole rotating mass generators now. These very advanced machines are not so obsolete that maybe a fuel cell can take the place. No not at all. There is a reason for everything. The fuel cell dream world, goose chase has always been a slight of hand trick to distract from the real news. Started in the 60's and early 70's was in all of the major science publications. I was there at the time of their release with promises ranging from cold fusion to utopia. Chase on if you like.

Fuel-Cell.gif

Comment

• Progress on New generator build. The big slab is to cut the coil holders out of. New rotors with 22 magnets instead of 12, and thicker magnets for additional mass. This is a PRECISION build, unlike what we have been doing in the past, and should be capable of much higher RPM.

Greyland got the new AC motor for the OLD generator to see if he can loop it. He won't be able to work on it until this Friday when he has help. That stroke has really hampered his ability to work. Will let you know whether it works or not. The 1/8 HP AC motor he tried simply did not have enough power to turn the rotor when all the coils were connected to loads, as there is a bit of Lenz when that happens. Not much, but enough to slow it down, and once it begins to slow, it is a vicious cycle. But that motor ran just fine off the output of two of the coils. The new motor may require four coils. We don't know. But like I told Greyland. Who cares if it requires four, six, eight, or ten. If it runs itself and still has TWO coils left to run loads, it will prove the point. It is very difficult to get the RPM, the wire length, and all adjusted perfectly so that the coils neither slow the machine down nor speed it up when under load. Very tricky. The AC motor will start the machine running off the wall plug, or off an inverter connected to a battery until the machine is up to speed, and then switch over to the power produced by the coils.

This first picture is how the three magnets are placed in the rotor on the NEW machine. Because they all attract each other, they all hold each other in the rotor once put in place, and you don't have to worry about magnets coming "unglued from the rotor and flying out.

Rotor Magnet Fitting.png In the rotor there is a 3/4" x 3/4 hole for magnets on each side of a 1/2" x 1/4" thick hole. This allows a 1/2" diameter magnet that is 1/4 inch thick to be put into the center hole, and 3/4" x 3/4" magnets to be pressed in on each side of it until they make contact with it. All three magnets will be touching each other, and none of them will want to come out of that rotor once they are in. It's nice that I now have OTHER people working on this and don't have to try and do everything myself. I'm. still very busy remodeling. New crap keeps turning up that I have to deal with. SO frustrating. But this motor project is moving along without me. Very cool.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Turion; 10-05-2020, 04:49 PM.
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• I wish I had the $20,000 you spent in blocks of plastic that most gets turned into shaving on the floor. I mean your panels look like Swiss cheese after they are all cut. Dude a 150hz - 200hz AC power in not going to effectively provide power to a 60hz motor. You know that. Great update. Finally have someone doing the work right. I hope that liquid rotor doesn't throw any magnets at the yuppies. or maybe you could make it into a skeet throwing machine?

Happy cement footings. PS don't ya just luv a smart azz?

Comment

• An AC motor will run on the output of the generator. We know this because we have already run one for weeks. While it may not be EFFICIENT, it will still run, up to a point. If the frequency gets too high, it won't. But it won't really matter how efficient it is if we get it to loop itself. That's what Greyland is working on. He may be able to do it. He may NOT. I haven't tried, so I make no predictions. We will see. The motor will be here tomorrow, but his help won't be there until Friday. If it's so inefficient that it takes 10 of the 12 coils to self run and we only get power out of the last two, the point will still have been made won't it?

As for the plastic.....what is cut out of it can be melted down and reused. It doesn't have to go to waste. Already thought of that. And I am not the one doing it. That is not my shop in the pictures or my truck hauling the plastic. Someone else is doing all that, and he knows what he is doing. By the way the plastic for the generator costs about $300.00 not $20,000. But since this is like my 17th version, yeah, I have spent some money on plastic for all these different versions. I'm. sure the total outlay for all the parts for all those machines plus the cost of machining is well over $20,000.00

But I have committed to this. I will get it to where it does exactly what I want it to do. And there will now be several others who ALSO have machines to play with. I doubt if any of them will waste their time posting HERE, but that's fine. I don't need their support. I know what I know.

Comment

• It's about time

Comment

• $300? I don't know where you get that number. Plastic sheet 4" thick? Plz.

Whenever I look for plastic that is thick this is what I find. 2 grand for 25% of the sheet on the truck. His costs $4000. https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...5116&catid=668

Comment

• You will notice the plastic sheet is 2 3/4" thick NOT 4". I need two pieces on each side of the rotor. One for the beginning of the coils on the left and one for the end of the coils on the left. One for the beginning of the coils on the right and one for the end of the coils on the right. Since the coils are only 3" in length and the individual plastic sheets are almost that thick by themselves, they can be machined off on both sides to be perfectly smooth., and put together to make a solid mass that will hold the coils in place.

This from the guy I am working with building the new version of the generator:
                    "A 4ft. X 8ft. X 2 3/4 in. sheet of HDPE from my NEW plastic buddy for $350 + $80 shipping. This means If I can get 18 pcs @16 in square out of it that would be $24 each X (4) per gen would be under a $100 total and thats what I would charge you. (4 for $95.50 total). I can mill them down to 2 in thick. That sheet weighs 485 lbs. I`m going to start tomorrow drawing up the side walls. "

The place he is getting the plastic is in Florida, and he doesn't live that far away. So I have no idea what it would cost YOU to have it shipped to where you are. Probably more than you pay for the plastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                      You will notice the plastic sheet is 2 3/4" thick

my NEW plastic buddy for $350 + $80 shipping.

The place he is getting the plastic is in Florida,

So I have no idea what it would cost YOU to have it shipped to where you are. Probably more than you pay for the plastic.
                      great to find someone like that. Everyone else pays thousands

Comment

• When I talk to him next, I will see if I can find out where he got it if you are interested. I do know that they guy he bought it from haw plastic for sale. Lots of it.

Comment

One of the reasons I am no longer concerned with the progress on this thread is that I was contacted by someone with TONS of experience with motors and generators. He is actually in the management of a company that specializes in motors and generators, so he might know a thing or two. He is the individual who came to Greyland's shop and SAW the generator running. He was impressed enough that he will be incorporating the magnetic neutralization into the prototype he is building. His budget is a little more than mine, O Machine.jpg
                          Hi there Turion,

How did your friend's prototype using your magnetic neutralization perform?

Regards,
                          bi

Comment

When I talk to him next, I will see if I can find out where he got it if you are interested. I do know that they guy he bought it from haw plastic for sale. Lots of it.
                            A few years back I might have been interested but now I am in favor of materials that would be used say in a truck motor rather than an air conditioned office. Your snap together plastic block model has it's advantages as a classroom tool.
                            Many are attracted to a modular design not only for easy of explanation but also coil replacement during operation.

I do not like plastic. Plastic is full of wax and at room temp it appears to be a solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post

Hi there Turion,

How did your friend's prototype using your magnetic neutralization perform?

Regards,
                              bi
                              Nice try BYE, experiments take time. You need to let the person have enough time to test. How are your battery tests coming? See it goes both ways. So frivolous of me to ask? Is this all you have to do? I can't hurry people up like you want.
                              Last edited by BroMikey; 10-08-2020, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• bi,
                                He has determined, after spending time with Greyland at the shop with my machine, that it is viable, and he is incorporating it into his build.
                                I haven't heard form him since August 31, but your question prompted me to contact him to see what his progress is. If I get any interesting results form him, I will post it here.

His machine has places for 48 coils, but only has 12 because of the magnetic drag issue that you claim goes away at speed. It doesn't, as anyone who has actually BUILT anything can tell you. He too, has the correct kind of coils, but is far advanced in his coil technology. They output way more than my coils do. (2.7 amps per coil and 30 volts per 1000 rpm) Unfortunately, he is also under an NDA, so cannot share that info. Too bad. Suffice to say, he has a Lenz free generator and the biggest obstacle to its success was the load on the motors caused not by Lenz, but by magnetic drag. Now he has the means and method to eliminate it. Should be interesting.

As to the build a couple of us are involved in. Here are the pieces cut to make the coil holders. As you can see, there are enough for more than one machine.

18 pcs..jpg

Last edited by Turion; 10-08-2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X