Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's continue with the projects
    Last edited by alexelectric; 04-23-2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Wireless Energy

Hey BroMikey, that's a sweet build on that T-2, but it looks like an expensive unit for an under-unity device. Sure is pretty, though ...and quiet.

In the last few months, I've been bumping into more things having to do with Ham radio. Initially, I bought an used copy of the 1992 ARRL Handbook and have totally enjoyed it. It is a couple of pounds of information for about $8 (shipping included). One of the most interesting and helpful issues that Ham guys know about (that I was completely unaware of) is the Q value of a coil. Now that I have looked into it, I understand why we have seen demos of OU with what seems to be a simple straightforward setup and, then, have been unable to replicate it. Now I think that much of the problem is low Q coils.

Q stands for quality. There are many contributing factors to high Q values and the formulas are complicated, but fortunately there are calculators (but you still have to put in a lot of information on you particular coil). Q can be in the thousands, but most, if not all, of the coils that I have made are less than 10, some under 1/2. I have an LCR meter now and can measure this quickly and easily. The challenge now is to design and build high Q coils. High Q allows a coil to easily be OU at resonance...ideally into infinity, I guess.

I think that we have had the principles figured out, but have not built our machines efficiently enough to take advantage of it. Q value should interest anyone using coils.

Ignorance may be bliss, but it doesn't pay the bills or give us OU. But...finding out about something like this can keep ya up at night.

OK...take care, guys,

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by BobFrench View Post
          Wireless Energy

Hey BroMikey, that's a sweet build on that T-2, but it looks like an expensive unit for an under-unity device. Sure is pretty, though ...and quiet.
          ............................................ Q value should interest anyone using coils.

Ignorance may be bliss, but.............

OK...take care, guys,

Bob
          Q talk is endless tho you are right. The guy with the pretty generator is the only one who has had a OU generator for over 10 years that is practical. The rest only talk. I know it could be better but again just talk. Maybe someone will actually show their rig get huge sums of power for free?

Thx for chiming in Bob. BTW don't mind me Bob I am not irritated with you in any way so if you sense that I am a bit unimpressed with most and it is for good reason trust me. The working man leads the way because he is not worried about who is taking his work(Its all mine its all mine) he has had his work taken, abused, misused, zhit on, you name it, he is a working man. He doesn't care what peeps do with his finding because his goody is doing the next test.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
            What is the purpose of this machine? Of what practical use is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post

What is the purpose of this machine? Of what practical use is it?
              Well in other video's he shows the sale of the machine and how it charges things. He claims it never goes down. That machine has a bundle of add-ons that you can experiment with in a classroom. It is also a teaching aid. We have to crawl before we can walk. Check out his few video's he explains it.

Comment

Wireless Energy

In the last few months, I've been bumping into more things having to do with Ham radio. Initially, I bought an used copy of the 1992 ARRL Handbook and have totally enjoyed it. It is a couple of pounds of information for about $8 (shipping included). One of the most interesting and helpful issues that Ham guys know about (that I was completely unaware of) is the Q value of a coil. Now that I have looked into it, I understand why we have seen demos of OU with what seems to be a simple straightforward setup and, then, have been unable to replicate it. Now I think that much of the problem is low Q coils.

Q stands for quality. There are many contributing factors to high Q values and the formulas are complicated, but fortunately there are calculators (but you still have to put in a lot of information on you particular coil). Q can be in the thousands, but most, if not all, of the coils that I have made are less than 10, some under 1/2. I have an LCR meter now and can measure this quickly and easily. The challenge now is to design and build high Q coils. High Q allows a coil to easily be OU at resonance...ideally into infinity, I guess.

I think that we have had the principles figured out, but have not built our machines efficiently enough to take advantage of it. Q value should interest anyone using coils.

Ignorance may be bliss, but it doesn't pay the bills or give us OU. But...finding out about something like this can keep ya up at night.

OK...take care, guys,

Bob

Not many are paying attention to this post and yet they should be.

Dave Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by jettis View Post

Not many are paying attention to this post and yet they should be.

Dave Wing
                  The youth of today only think of gaming computers spend ALL their extra time from ages 50yrs down to 8 years, planned attack on our country. Mind control. It's on us to take these projects all of the way.

Comment

Wireless Energy

Hey BroMikey, ..... Now I think that much of the problem is low Q coils.

Q stands for quality. T
                    Flashback: 1970 I am a paperboy age 13yrs thinking about Q in circuits until all of the books and magazines took out all of the Tesla facts and tubes. Transistors were a big thing. In the dumpster the old knowledge went.

Talk of Q values were in every major publication you can think of with breathless discussion of our limitless potential to harness the endless supply of natures abundance. It is no wonder out youth don't listen to us because I am writing this 50 years later and still even all the top names in science don't not have a small working model of the principle that will save the world thru Q refinement.

Then we here the word resonance, LOL. What kind which type, who's version and of what? The confusion goes on out into eternity. My first ARRL book costs me a bundle (I thought) in 1978 been watching each year proceeding and the evolution of thought.
                    Last edited by BroMikey; 05-03-2020, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• This subject has touched on a field I would like to add. It is called Nomography. I now have the pdf of this art. Glad to share it too. In it is a wealth of how to figure graphically values for coils and such. What I would like to see is one for Q. Not sure that one exists. Just remember, high Q is not always the best value. It depends on how it is being used. Check pmillett.com for a lot of old AARL books for d/l. Easier to understand than the newer.

thay

Comment

• Originally posted by thaelin View Post
                        This subject has touched on a field I would like to add. It is called Nomography. I now have the pdf of this art. Glad to share it too. In it is a wealth of how to figure graphically values for coils and such. What I would like to see is one for Q. Not sure that one exists. Just remember, high Q is not always the best value. It depends on how it is being used. Check pmillett.com for a lot of old AARL books for d/l. Easier to understand than the newer.

thay
                        Can you post the pdf?

Comment

• Wireless Energy.

I've read that about the highest Q not being the best for something, but I think that basically applies when you are trying to have something that is more general. I am not quite sure.

But, if you want high production of one thing, you want high Q in the entire system. The higher the Q at resonance, the less resistance, the less contrary frequencies canceling out your gain.

What I would like to see is a calculator that you could input some basics (wire gauge, frequency, and other coil specs) and have it tell you what size cap or resistor to use. Something that could get you in the ballpark with what you've got to work with. The Q calculators that I have see all seem to give you the Q factor after you have fully designed it. So you do all the work and then it tells you that it's a pile of crap, so you have to take a guess as to what to change and do it all over again, hoping that it will be better. You could spend a lot of time guessing. And remember, everything that you add to it, changes the Q. So you could have high Q and need to add a resistor for some reason and the whole thing might go low Q.

I don't think that we have a deficit of understanding principles as much as we have a problem physically building it. I think that without high Q, we kill so much of what we produce with interference, that we don't get very far above OU even when we do. I am amazed at how much reactance is ignored. The higher the reactance, the lower the resistance. Why would we allow resistance to rob us of gains. Personally, I grease the wheels of my car.

So, I hope that we can find a good way to achieve good Q in our systems as a whole. Once I learned of the complexity and the many variables that the Ham radio designers were dealing with, it dawned on me that we were not accounting for a lot of factors that matter...factors that add up to good a Q factor.

Take care, keep on keeping on,

Bob

Comment

• Q Calculator

Here's a Q calculator that has a wealth of information after it that explains why this calculator is better than some others. It explains about a lot of the variables that need to be taken into account.

https://hamwaves.com/inductance/en/index.html

Here is a statement that was in a box-

Achieving a high quality factor:

Coils achieving the highest quality factor require large diameter wire, strip or tubing and usually exhibit a cubical form factor; i.e. the coil length equals the coil diameter.

This is the only guideline that I have seen concerning the Q factor, but has been repeated.

Bob

Comment

• Q Calculator

I was reading this morning and ran across a statement that refreshed my memory about the advantage of low Q.

It said,"...and so reduces the Q and helps to make the antenna usable without adjustment over a band of several MHz."
                              (The last line of Sect. 2-2a http://g3ynh.info/zdocs/comps/part_1.html)

The antenna will be less sensitive and so it will not cut out a greater variety of different frequencies, but the signal will not be as strong. This is a different circumstance from what I envision with energy collection.

I think we need to have a very narrow frequency centered in resonance where a high Q factor will aid in high multiplication of energy with little canceling by contrary frequencies. Resonance aligns the energy so that it can all travel in the same way (not bouncing around in different directions and colliding with each other). By increasing reactance, we are reducing resistance and allowing the process to achieve OU, possibly thousands of times over. This is what I think Don Smith did. He stated that his solid-state units were not much bigger than a matchbox and could output a lot with minimal input. (I don't remember the exact numbers, but they were something like 65kW continual from a 7Ah battery that self charged.) This seems realistic IF you are working OU, without resistance, and cycling in the multiple GHz...but ya gotta have a high Q system to do that.

The sky's the limit.

Bob

"If there's a rule, break it. It's the only thing that moves things forward." -Hans Zimmer
                              Last edited by BobFrench; 05-06-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• I am glad to inform you that the technology of generating electricity with a flywheel in the design (or rather its multiplication), has been mastered in the city of Ufa (Russia).
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uevz76PVQGY
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GCDCkSHam8

everyone can get acquainted with the design.

Comment

Working...
                                X