Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bistander View Post
    I copied and pasted the article here. I've seen middle school science fair projects better than this. These guys don't know what they're doing. They appear to attemp to copy and regurgitate Thane's talk but can't even get that right and end up contradicting what he claims. They state several falsehoods about basic physics. And, in particular, notice their drawing of the Bifilar coil. Is that how you guys wind them? And their test rotor..... Chunks of broken magnet glued onto a prony brake.

bi

​​​​DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF REGENX GENERATOR

[IMG]https://miro.medium.com/fit/c/96/96/0*ks1LKaiizBx2jrhs.[/IMG]
    IJTCSE Research
    May 14, 2019 · 7 min read

Case (ii)

In parallel winding configuration could produce Regenerative Acceleration and usable electric power.

Yes he sounds different than Thane but we need to remember everyone looks at things in their own light however each one gets the jobs done properly. Some show the analysis and not the complete design of another man's work. What needs to be remembered the most is this stuff will be used in electric cars.

All of the naysayers will then jump onboard, heads all bobbing like the good little yes men do.
    Isn't that precious? When will the dumb sheep ever learn that they have been lied to?

It is so simple, if you can generate power without dragging down the drive motor, you have exceeded 100 percent efficiency. Why is that seemingly so hard to digest? Today all generator coils slow down the driver and at this point more power is added to bring the rotor back up to the operating speed. How is this to hard to grasp?

The math in school, the order in which calculations are made is based on flawed information. You can not prove anything with only numbers, it must be put to a practical test first. Energy is neither created nor destroyed? This is only a side show to keep you away from the truth. Don't look at this hand, look at that hand. 8th grade programming guys. Think.

Comment

• Better Cooling.

Hello guys,

I modified this small freezer by placing the condenser coil in water. The original setup from the manufacturer had it buried in on the insulation beneath the metal cover. This meant that the heat released from the condenser coil was trapped in with the insulation. I removed the coil (without opening or breaking the freon system) and placed it in a 5 gal. bucket of water which is way better than air for conducting the heat away. The unit has been running for 2-3 days and the water has stayed between 73 and 78 degrees. The inside is at -28. That's cold enough for me.

I had done the same thing with a small chest freezer that I bought at Home Depot and had placed the bucket outside under the house so that it was out of the sun, heat of the house, and the Earth could also act as a heatsink. With a lid on the bucket, I never had to add water. I also swapped the thermostat out for a refrigerator thermostat. The run time was originally about 30-45 minutes. The modification lowered it to 7 minutes. I had also added 2" of rigid Poly-Iso insulation on the four sides.

I am having difficulty uploading the pics. (???!) It used to be easy. I've tried the "upload" button...nada. Maybe someday.

Bob

Comment

• Yeah pictures plz. I can't figure out what it looks like. Thanks Bob, good investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobFrench View Post
          Better Cooling.

Hello guys,

I modified this small freezer by placing the condenser coil in water. The original setup from the manufacturer had it buried in on the insulation beneath the metal cover. This meant that the heat released from the condenser coil was trapped in with the insulation. I removed the coil (without opening or breaking the freon system) and placed it in a 5 gal. bucket of water which is way better than air for conducting the heat away. The unit has been running for 2-3 days and the water has stayed between 73 and 78 degrees. The inside is at -28. That's cold enough for me.

I had done the same thing with a small chest freezer that I bought at Home Depot and had placed the bucket outside under the house so that it was out of the sun, heat of the house, and the Earth could also act as a heatsink. With a lid on the bucket, I never had to add water. I also swapped the thermostat out for a refrigerator thermostat. The run time was originally about 30-45 minutes. The modification lowered it to 7 minutes. I had also added 2" of rigid Poly-Iso insulation on the four sides.

I am having difficulty uploading the pics. (???!) It used to be easy. I've tried the "upload" button...nada. Maybe someday.

Bob
          That’s great Bob,
          i had tried that a few years back with a water cooler, the water in the reservoir would freeze up, at the time I didn’t have a use for the idea but now I wonder if i couldn’t use it to make a cooling unit for my office in th garage

Comment

• You both sound good but no one I know of understands exactly what the setup is like or for. Maybe someone can scratch something down on a piece of paper? Just anything close. So far what I have is a refrigerator coil running under water. Show us the setup.
            Last edited by BroMikey; 02-22-2020, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Better Cooling.

Can someone help me with how to post the pics?

Bob

Comment

• Better Cooling.

OK. I finally got it. I think that I was unaware of the Upload Attachment button at the bottom. I kept pressing the Attachment button at the top.

Here's the pics. The freezer has been running fine and the water cycles between 73 and 78 degrees. I don't think that I will have any problems with the water getting too hot, even during the summer.

Just another cool project. Freezer, condenser coil out.jpg Freezer, coil in bucket.jpg Freezer, all.jpg Freezer, temperature.jpg

Bob

Comment

• Hey Bob that is a kool setup, thx for getting us the information in picture form on how it was done. Yes evaporation cooling works much more efficiently than the factory one used in a college dorm.

Comment

• Better Cooling.

Thanks, BroMikey. The water takes the heat away from the coils more quickly and efficiently than air, but the water is not evaporating. It simply holds the heat, which eventually dissipates to the floor and air by convection, not evaporation. The water need never be replaced, if well sealed in the bucket. Because water holds energy in many different ways, when heat is introduced to it, it translates it into different kinds of energy and shifts it around. So basically, water remains cooler than the heat introduced to it would indicate.

For example, we measure the heat of water as the amount of energy interacting between the molecules of water, but there is also energy between the two atoms of hydrogen in a water molecule that are oscillating to and from each other at a certain rate (a certain energy level). When heat energy is added to water, some of it is translated into the hydrogen atoms' dance (which raises the energy level between them and they oscillate faster, but this does not show up as heat). There are many other aspects of water (different spins, oscillations, etc.) that hold energy and it is spread to all of them constantly, so they all raise in energy and they all fall in energy together. This makes me think that water should make a terrific battery...if we could just figure it out.

Pretty cool stuff, no? Ya gotta love it!

Bob

Comment

• Your are right it is more like a heat exchanger, isn't it? I was thinking about the time I helped a guy cool down his mess hall for 100 people. He put his condenser radiator into a 700 gallon tank (huge plastic tank) half full of water. It worked but on a hot hot day the water warmed up more than he wanted it to so he used the top half to spray water.

This brought down the head pressure to where he was saving big money. The compressor ran way cooler than forced air and lowered the amp draw. One time I built a tractor trail into a huge refrigerator and using a 100 pound propane tank made a heat exchanger but the water had to run all of the time so we watered the garden with the extra.

One time I tried using water on the 24,000 btu window AC unit. I used a tomato plant misting sprayer turned wide open. After a while like all year the hard water began plugging up the radiator fins. While it worked the amp draw went from 15 amps 220vac down to 10-11 amps. Big savings.

I custom built a walkin cooler from scratch one time. It was a blast. Have fun the sky is the limit.

Comment

• Better Cooling.

Hey BroMikey, I did a similar modification on a small window air conditioner also. I had a professional cut into/add longer copper lines/and refill the system so that I could put the condenser coil under the house in the shade. I sprayed the coil with water that dripped into a tub and recycled it with a small fountain pump through about 50' of hose to cool it. It worked OK, but I should have put everything except the cold side parts outside too, because the motor et al got hot inside the house (I didn't have it outside through the window). I was running it on my solar system and I needed a lot more battery capacity than I had for that. Fortunately, I was living well off the road and could go naked all summer. The mosquitos were happy with that arrangement too.

Bob

Comment

• Hey Bob, I got another one for too. Thx for the example you gave of your test on a window unit first. Gotta scratch that itch I always say. One time I took a 4 foot fan blade with shroud (running on a 1/4hp motor 5amp) cut it into the side of my building (insulated poll barn) then went to homedepot and bought 5 or 6 of those woven bamboo mats used for evaporation cooler and put those over the back side of the fan. This was flooded with water where a trough
                          caught the water at the bottom and then recirculated just like any evaporative cooler. The outside temp was over 100 degrees without index. Average maybe 100 degrees from 9am to 10pm. The recirculator pump only to used .75 amps 120vac. The average temp inside the building stayed at 80-85 degrees all day. This building can seat 100 people on picnic tables. It is a farming setting growing all organic. Even my little 3 foot fan with a plant mister on the front side drops the outside temp right where the air is blowing down to as low as 78 degrees when it is 120 degrees outside with the index. Wear a wet suit. You'll be drenched either way.

Comment

• LiFePO4, 6Ah Battery.

Hey BroMikey,

Yeah, the swamp cooler thing sounds great. I don't know where your farm setting was setting, but when I lived in TN the humidity was impossible...0% in the winter and 85% and up in the summer. I had a leather jacket that couldn't make it through the summer without getting all mill dewed. Now I'm in Ensenada, Mexico and the humidity is normally 45-70%...very livable.

Here's something that I just finished...a LiFePO4, 6Ah battery for about $35 (of course, the price might change depending on the box ). These are the first that I have had and I don't know much about them, except that they have less impedance than LA batteries (not hard to do) and they don't explode like Lithium-Ion.

Enjoy,

Bob

LiFePO4, 6Ah.jpg LiFePO4, 6Ah, top.jpg LiFePO4, 6Ah, box.jpg

Comment

Better Cooling.

OK. I finally got it. I think that I was unaware of the Upload Attachment button at the bottom. I kept pressing the Attachment button at the top.

Here's the pics. The freezer has been running fine and the water cycles between 73 and 78 degrees. I don't think that I will have any problems with the water getting too hot, even during the summer.

Just another cool project. Freezer, condenser coil out.jpg Freezer, coil in bucket.jpg Freezer, all.jpg Freezer, temperature.jpg

Bob
                              good project, BobFrench
                              it can be done with a window air conditioner, adapt the chiller duct to a water bucket,
                              Now if cooling in this way saves energy, we must invent it
                              thanks

Comment

LiFePO4, 6Ah Battery.

Hey BroMikey,

Yeah, the swamp cooler thing sounds great. I don't know where your farm setting was setting, but when I lived in TN the humidity was impossible...0% in the winter and 85% and up in the summer.
                                Low country South Carolina it was hot and humid. By Walterboro. Lots of wet gator too. The way we won the war over heat index was to pump a greater volume of water over the mesh and use a giant fan. When you sit down in the shade after working in the garden 135 index, you know the difference. Sweet relief. Another guy I know had a 1 million dollar house dug up the yard and laid pipes down at around 6-8 feet then pumped the cool water into his water jacket in the house that in the winter he heats with.

If you really want the best use absorption cooling combined with solar heat as a source of energy. The hotter it gets outside the faster the unit cools. Same like those camper frig's but those use gas as the heat source.

Nice batt's

Comment

Working...
                                X