Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
    And the rotor is cut down. This is kinda how I make a rotor.
    https://youtu.be/y2yUdxkuHtY
    That is so much better a rotor than the old ones. I feel safer already. No more hockey pucks.

Comment

And the rotor is cut down. This is kinda how I make a rotor.
      https://youtu.be/y2yUdxkuHtY
      Is your drilling machine setup with bottom drills? Ya know so you can stop just before the have way point where magnets fit in? We talkin 1/6"?

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lw6WILrFvA

Mr. Dave, a professor of his inventiveness and creativity that shows his proposals in detail
        What measures do you use magnetically neutralizing magnets in the rotor and stator

Comment

• Hey Dave, on the tube video where you deliberately blew out the bulbs why run the rotor at 3750 rpm's when all your units are designed at 2800 rpm's? Or is the new RPM near 4000 now?

Comment

• That was one of my original machines. No opposition magnets. You HAD to run it on 36 volts to break the magnetic lock or it wouldn’t even BEGIN to rotate, even with only a couple coils. The switch reduced power down to 24 or 12, but it was only a 30 amp switch, so it didn’t last LONG trying to start this thing without magnetic neutralization. But what do I know. Just a raving lunatic.
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
            —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• very good question
              Hey Dave, on the tube video where you deliberately blew out the bulbs why run the rotor at 3750 rpm's when all your units are designed at 2800 rpm's? Or is the new RPM near 4000 now?

But what I've read Dave says he's running at 1400 rpm with 12 magnets, and if he runs at 2800 then it will be more voltage and amperage
              In my opinion it is better to work at low revolutions

Comment

• You guys need to remember what I have said:
                The generator puts out the MOST power when it neither speeds up NOR slows down. So if you wound a coil with 12 strands and groups of 4 are connected in series it will run with the most output at ONE rpm. If you have groups of 3 strands connected in series it will output the most power at a different rpm. What is the easiest way to raise or lower the rpm? Adjust the voltage. The More strands on the coil, the LOWER rpm you can run the thing and still be in “neutral” and outputting the most power and require LESS voltage input. Got it?
                “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• If all right, that's how you say about the coil but also, there is also what is already known and you mentioned it Dave

The mass of your magnet.
                  Air gap
                  # of magnets on the rotor
                  RPM
                  core material
                  # of winds in the coil
                  wire diameter
                  # of strands
                  connections between parallel strands

All these effect your input and output, because with THIS machine the output DOES affect the results you get with your input.

According to the present variables of the principles of magnetic induction, and the multifilar coils that you have shown us with your tests, in my case I will test later with more wire coils (24), I am interested in lower speed,
                  Thanks Dave, we remain attentive to your progress, and here replicating your project

Comment

That was one of my original machines. No opposition magnets. You HAD to run it on 36 volts to break the magnetic lock or it wouldn’t even BEGIN to rotate, even with only a couple coils. The switch reduced power down to 24 or 12, but it was only a 30 amp switch, so it didn’t last LONG trying to start this thing without magnetic neutralization. But what do I know. Just a raving lunatic.
                    That makes sense. You have so many configurations. My favorite crazy guy.

Comment

• Not bad for a half baked test knowing the bulbs would blow with the rotor running 1000rpm's over the limit. Also you had already pointed out that at 2800rpm's the bulbs would blow because they were getting 130vac and over. So yeah at 3750 rpm the bulbs were probably getting 200vac. You're a crazy guy, yup.
                      Geezz, put the bulbs in series next time dude. They gonna whine anyway that the measurements are off.
                      Last edited by BroMikey; 02-02-2020, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• I’m really, really hoping that with three strands in series I can run it at a little higher RPM, still get around 110 output but at HIGHER amps because there will be 4 strands coming off the coil instead of 3. More strands mean more amps. Maybe only 2 strands in series if the rpm is high enough. If NOT, time to try a 24 strand coil. Still LOTS of things to try. Not all the secrets to what works BEST have revealed themselves.

Comment

• Oh I see it now. Sure 4 channels of 3 or 3 channels of 4, got it. The new rotors are a much safer proposition to run a few r's over the past builds. Not a problem. It will work.

Using a 24 strand is a whole new effort. Any inklings that lower RPM's might be possible with lots of power output? Your main man went down to 1100?
                          Last edited by BroMikey; 02-02-2020, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Connect all 12 threads in series, measure a voltage of 400 volts, I am at 1500 rpm, I need more revolutions, I have already ordered the motor 36 v 800 w,
                            When I was doing the test, I touched the wires of the 400 volt coil, and it scared me, the good thing was that there was not enough amperage to damage me, hahahaha what experience, I will be more careful.
                            This is how to make various configurations, I will connect less in series and more in parallel to obtain more amperage, and I think it should work at less rpm, since at higher current more repulsion

Comment

• You think that is bad I accidentally bumped my coil that runs 800vac at 50-100ma about knocked me on my azz.

Comment

• You two keep trying to kill yourselves and there won’t be anybody left to replicate this thing.

My machinist called yesterday. He got the parts made and is putting it all back together to see if he can get the amp draw down. If so, I will go down sometime in the next week or so to finish testing. Working on getting one of mine back together also.

Comment

Working...
                                X