Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

The other day I said my machinist ran a 120 volt 1.8 amp AC motor from the wall at 1600 RPM and then ran it on two coils from the generator at 1700 RPM. Today he disconnected the MY1020 DC razor scooter motor and tried running that AC motor connected to the wall to turn the generator. Of course it didn’t have enough get up and go. Since it’s a 1.8 amp motor, I didn’t expect that it would. But he’s trying all kinds of stuff. He may make something happen to get a self runner before I get down there or maybe not. Either way I can prove what I say about the generator is true. The 6th is rapidly approaching. I can hardly wait.
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
      The other day I said my machinist ran a 120 volt 1.8 amp AC motor from the wall at 1600 RPM and then ran it on two coils from the generator at 1700 RPM. Today he disconnected the MY1020 DC razor scooter motor and tried running that AC motor connected to the wall to turn the generator. Of course it didn’t have enough get up and go. Since it’s a 1.8 amp motor, I didn’t expect that it would. But he’s trying all kinds of stuff. He may make something happen to get a self runner before I get down there or maybe not. Either way I can prove what I say about the generator is true. The 6th is rapidly approaching. I can hardly wait.

Seems like you told us one time way back it took 100+ amps to start up
      your first rig. Which would translate into 36V TIMES 100 amps = up
      in smoke. So yeah those tiny induction motors don't have the balls.
      Thanks 4 the update/letting us know on progress.

Now-a-days CANCELLATION implementation has lowered that some.

The scooter motors are for pulling varying loads at all different speeds
      without damage. A universal brush style induction motor would work,
      but you would still have to vary the voltage. Oh and they eat power.

Probably cost 500w vs a pmm at 300w.
      Last edited by BroMikey; 01-01-2020, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• General Primer

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykQ0lZqRb5k[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H97HpwZNqZI[/VIDEO]
        Last edited by BroMikey; 01-01-2020, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Start up

I’m not sure WHAT that DC motor is pulling now on start up. It used to be around 30 amps, but we have gotten dialed in on reducing the magnetic drag, so that eliminated some of it. I’ll see on Monday.
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• experiencia

Originally posted by Turion View Post
            Hi
            Cheers
            I comment on my experience:
            I have a 500 watt car alternator.
            the minimum to charge the battery must work at 2000 rpm.
            well I link it to an AC motor ... 120 volts, 1.5 -1.8 amp at 1800 rpm.
            when operating with the alternator without energizing the inductor coil of the alternator, the engine speed did not decrease, but when energizing the alternator coil, and starting to generate, as is logical, it decreased the revolutions to about 1600 to 1500 rpm, giving a voltage the alternator from 9 to the output, of course not used to charge the battery.

To the motor of changing of pulley by a greater one to give greater speed to the alternator, improvement but it did not reach the optimum speed, the voltage of the alternator was like of about 10 volts.

Well I said to myself, I look for a motor with more speed, if there are any but they consume some current.
            120 v, 13 amperes 3000 rpm
            220v 6.5 amperes 3000 rpm

For my purposes, it did not help me the maximum that seeks consumption of about 2 amps.

but I have a cd engine. I can power from 12 to 130 volts, 7099 rpm, 17 amp.
            As you can see the speed is high, but that will also depend on the load that can perform well.

I tested a disc with magnets 12 magnets of 20 mm x 20 mm. , with a voltage of 60 volts. consumed 2 amp. at 2500 rpm, of course the disc is not very heavy. They were tests that I did to see what this engine can offer me, is that I plan to use it as a test in the generator proposed by Turion.

I believe that if the generator project is done well, that:
            1.- the coil accelerates under load
            2.- the appropriate revolutions proposed
            3.-Cancellation of core and magnet drag

The weight of the disk with the magnets would be only

remembering turion once you said that you had a generator configuration that worked for you at less speed I don't know if it was 1800 or 1400 rpm there the engine can work well that your assistant is testing

greetings and happy new year
            Attached Files
            Last edited by alexelectric; 01-01-2020, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• alexelectric,

My first version of the coil contained three strands each 1,000 feet long. Wound in parallel and connected in parallel. With those coils loaded at 2800+ RPM the motor would speed up about 100 RPM per coil.

With a 12 strand coil, each strand 250 feet long, three groups of four strands connected in series, the motor would speed up under load at 1140 RPM and possibly LOWER. It wasn't tested at lower RPM, so I don't know.

If you wind a 24 strand coil or a 30 strand coil, you might get the RPM's even lower, if that is your goal.

Comment

• turion:
                With a 12 strand coil, each strand 250 feet long, three groups of four strands connected in series, the motor would speed up under load at 1140 RPM and possibly LOWER. It wasn't tested at lower RPM, so I don't know.

This configuration is the one I made with the coil, and if it accelerates under load at the speed you are commenting, it is fine, since I want a generator that does not have so many revolutions, we already know that several factors influence, to remember among them:
                number of magnets
                coil configuration
                As I said in the next few weeks I will have the generator ready to test and perform the tests, it depends on the results I advance on other ideas that I have.
                thanks for your orientations

Comment

• Backyard tinkering powering a treadmill motor.
                  The young man is quite practical in his thinking. This is my
                  kind of fun. However when using a 130v input you need other
                  components to stabilize or lower to 120v so looping takes
                  some doing.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASywVBU0ZwE[/VIDEO]

Comment

• happy new year friends

if so, as you say, they are tests that will be performed, and then adapts, alternatives are sought, for example I will also use the ac motor, and I will also test with the engine that has turion
                    The important thing is that I do it, try.
                    In these projects it takes time to complete them, hours of work, resources, etc. but it is a satisfaction to achieve them.
                    thank you for your comment

Comment

• Happy New Year Alex

Comment

• turion comment:

Aaron has invited me to present my machine at the conference in July

Congratulations and much success, what a great satisfaction to demonstrate your project, and demonstrate your achievements.
                        We remain attentive to your comments and contributions that help us understand and move forward in the projects
                        thanks for your contributions

Comment

• Old Patent

I was looking through some of my old stuff and I finally ran across that old patent that shows magnetic neutralization in use. Here is the patent info and an actual picture from the patent of how he used magnetic neutralization many, many moons ago:

MAGNETIC BATTERY
                          WO9414237
                          1994-06-23
                          Inventor(s): WERJEFELT BERTIL R L [US]; YONOVER ROBERT N
                          Classification: - international: H02P9/04; H02P9/04; (IPC1-7): H02P9/04 - European: H02P9/04
                          Also published as:AU5736994
                          Inventors: WERJEFELT, Bertil, R., L.; (US). // YONOVER, Robert, N.; (US).

If you look at the "C" shape on the left, you will see a coil in the center of it. A magnet is rotated between the two ends of the "C" shape. At the exact moment the magnet is aligned in attraction, look at the unit on the right where the North is aligned with the North and the South with the South. This is what gave me the idea of having magnets aligned in repulsion when the rotor magnet is attracted to the core. It was this drawing, NOT Mad Max's stuff that led me to do the research I did. Although what Max showed reinforced the idea.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Absolute common sense and the way to go, thanks for this patent.
                            Hope you have a good new year.

Comment

• Who cares and why?

Happy New Year all..

Hello bi,

I agree that there is no need for insults and other disruptive activvity on this forum. My hope is that we can all work together respectfully. No one owes anybody anything here. If something is posted, it is there for all to be benefitted. No one needs to prove anything. If someone can't reproduce it, they can post their findings, b 's not proof of anything. The devil's in the details, as they say. Nothing can be proved with posts, theories, or videos on a forum. It is a waste of time arguing any of that. All we can do is share our experience and if others can gain from that and reproduce the benefits for themselves, then great! If not, c'est la vie.

I have a good feeling about this coming year. We should be able to see more good things this year...after all it is 2020.😁

Good luck all and take care,

Bob

Comment

• Lenz avoidance generator

I have no idea if this even works, so I hesitate to post the link here, but there is more than one way to avoid Lenz. Outrun it as my generator does or kill it when it is just a baby before it has time to grow up and become a pain in the butt as they claim to do on this model. In theory, it should work.

Both take advantage of the fact that Lenz is a reaction and NOT a law. It CAN be avoided. You just have to get up off the couch and go build something before you see it. Do you imagine investors would sink hundreds of thousands of development dollars int something that has NO CHANCE of working?

Oops! Forgot to post the link
                                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_...i3m50sA/videos

By the way, ever hear of the “Law of Gravity”? But planes still fly don’t they?
                                Last edited by Turion; 01-04-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X