Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pendulum

Hello, I am posting this off-topic video because I thought that somebody might like it. My apologies if that is not so.

https://youtu.be/oa1g0StQWDs

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by BobFrench View Post
      Hello, I am posting this off-topic video because I thought that somebody might like it. My apologies if that is not so.

Bob
      Hi Bob
      You are more than welcome to post anything you like.

Comment

Bob
        Thumbs up from me

Comment

• Generator

As most of you know, my generator is run by an MY1016 Razor Scooter motor on 24 volts from two batteries in series. It is run by a DC motor so I could use the 3 battery system.

My machinist ran the AC motor he has on power from the wall and it ran at 1600 RPM. He ran it on the output from two of the generator coils and it ran at just over 1700 RPM. He also had five 300 watt lights each running on its own pair of coils. No speed up under load, but no slow down either. I KNOW the bulbs are probably NOT lit to full brightness as the RPM of the rotor is only 1140, and the results I have been talking about here (My descriptions of running the machine in the past) are based on running it at 2800 RPM. But that was also with a six magnet rotor and that was replaced with a 12 magnet rotor last time we rebuilt the machine, so who knows. More testing needed.

Today he is replacing the DC motor with this AC motor and either buying or building a double pole double throw switch that will allow him to start the machine on wall power to get it up to speed, and then throw the switch and run off the two generator coils. The lights may not light up at the same brightness as at the higher RPM, but we can worry about THAT later. The fact that it can run itself and light up some lights should be enough to prove to anybody that what I’ve said about this machine is for real. Or not. I really don’t care. Don’t know if it can RUN the motor on just two generator coils as he hasn’t tested the AC motor with a load on it, but we might get lucky. Stranger things have been known to happen.
          Last edited by Turion; 12-21-2019, 06:41 PM.
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
          —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Pendulum

OK. Thanks for your kind words.

Something very interesting with this system is that when I added a 36v bank of batteries in parallel with the solar panels, they started being pulsed with voltages as high as 38v. This is possible because the open voltage of 24v solar panels is over 40v. But the pulsing comes from the caps being dumped and recharging at 40v and thereby pulsing the battery bank that is in parallel with them. Very cool.

This system is low tech, low frequency, low amperage with moderate voltage. I'm thinking that two small 24v solar panels (like 12" square each) in series would give a high voltage input that might make this system scream. (?) Because the amp draw is so low, I find it to be a good advantage.

Take care all,

Bob
            Attached Files

Comment

OK. Thanks for your kind words.

Something very interesting with this system is that when I added a 36v bank of batteries in parallel with the solar panels, they started being pulsed with voltages as high as 38v. This is possible because the open voltage of 24v solar panels is over 40v. But the pulsing comes from the caps being dumped and recharging at 40v and thereby pulsing the battery bank that is in parallel with them. Very cool.

This system is low tech, low frequency, low amperage with moderate voltage. I'm thinking that two small 24v solar panels (like 12" square each) in series would give a high voltage input that might make this system scream. (?) Because the amp draw is so low, I find it to be a good advantage.

Take care all,

Bob
              Hey I heard slow duty cycles work good with solar, thanks 4 the pics

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                As most of you know, my generator is run by an MY1016 Razor Scooter motor on 24 volts from two batteries in series. It is run by a DC motor so I could use the 3 battery system.

My machinist ran the AC motor he has on power from the wall and it ran at 1600 RPM. He ran it on the output from two of the generator coils and it ran at just over 1700 RPM. He also had five 300 watt lights each running on its own pair of coils. No speed up under load, but no slow down either. I KNOW the bulbs are probably NOT lit to full brightness as the RPM of the rotor is only 1140, and the results I have been talking about here (My descriptions of running the machine in the past) are based on running it at 2800 RPM. But that was also with a six magnet rotor and that was replaced with a 12 magnet rotor last time we rebuilt the machine, so who knows. More testing needed.

Today he is replacing the DC motor with this AC motor and either buying or building a double pole double throw switch that will allow him to start the machine on wall power to get it up to speed, and then throw the switch and run off the two generator coils. The lights may not light up at the same brightness as at the higher RPM, but we can worry about THAT later. The fact that it can run itself and light up some lights should be enough to prove to anybody that what I’ve said about this machine is for real. Or not. I really don’t care. Don’t know if it can RUN the motor on just two generator coils as he hasn’t tested the AC motor with a load on it, but we might get lucky. Stranger things have been known to happen.
                That is awesome news Dave.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                  That is awesome news Dave.
                  My 20 magnet rotor uses 50 pound neos is already running on AC
                  around 88volts and 2 amps at a screaming 3000 r's. But I would need
                  to reverse 10 magnets to go all north. Mine come off with nuts.

The magnets place at the 9" diameter on this 10" saw bland

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-22-2019, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• Generator

The reason my big machine is so expensive is because of all the magnets. There is one set of magnets on the rotor that go by the coils on each side of the rotor. These magnets are N/S. There is a second set of magnets farther out on the rotor that align with adjustable magnets on each side of it on the stator. It was the only way I could get magnetic neutralization with N/S magnets on the rotor. These “outside” magnets are all N on one side and all S on the other.

I was going to go to my machinist’s place on Monday, but instead I am going there on the 5th and 6th. So I will be shooting video of what we have.

Aaron has invited me to present my machine at the conference in July. All are welcome to show up and try to debunk it. Gonna be pretty tough to do if it’s a self runner. Granted, it may not put out the 2000 watts I claimed if it’s set up as a self runner, but it won’t be running at 2800 RPM either. And I COULD bring a razor scooter motor just for fun and demonstrate the input and output at 2800 RPM. It won’t be a self runner with the DC motor but it WILL put out the 2000 watts for an input of less than 300. I’m not sure which people would rather see.
                    Last edited by Turion; 12-22-2019, 04:44 AM.
                    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                      The reason my big machine is so expensive is because of all the magnets. There is one set of magnets on the rotor that go by the coils on each side of the rotor. These magnets are N/S. There is a second set of magnets farther out on the rotor that align with adjustable magnets on each side of it on the stator. It was the only way I could get magnetic neutralization with N/S magnets on the rotor. These “outside” magnets are all N on one side and all S on the other.

I was going to go to my machinist’s place on Monday, but instead I am going there on the 5th and 6th. So I will be shooting video of what we have.

Aaron has invited me to present my machine at the conference in July. All are welcome to show up and try to debunk it. Gonna be pretty tough to do if it’s a self runner. Granted, it may not put out the 2000 watts I claimed if it’s set up as a self runner, but it won’t be running at 2800 RPM either. And I COULD bring a razor scooter motor just for fun and demonstrate the input and output at 2800 RPM. It won’t be a self runner with the DC motor but it WILL put out the 2000 watts for an input of less than 300. I’m not sure which people would rather see.
                      A self runner of course. I guess you have decided that the N/S alternating
                      pole arrangement is best for power generation? Or you just wanted to
                      try something new. I like your new design better tho for stability, good
                      work Dave. All north magnets generating power have a different waveform
                      than alternating poles and could make an AC motor that is running off of
                      that power sound like buzzing. Maybe even worse than the modified
                      inverters.

Either way with all of the other designs has me thinking about other
                      experiments. People far an wide would be shocked out of their wits to
                      see a setup that self runs. All of the other designs and proof will just
                      go right over their heads.

You know what to do this time around. It's gonna be wonderful to watch.
                      You are finally going to do it. If it self runs you will take their
                      breath away, they won't know what to think. Trick?
                      Last edited by BroMikey; 12-22-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Now that we know the output from just two of the coils will power an AC motor to 1700 RPM, getting it to self run is just a matter of switching. Might take a couple days because of the holiday, but it will happen. Finding a double throw, double pole switch locally is almost impossible. Ordered one on Amazon. Then on the 5th I will be taking him my 110 volt DC treadmill motor. If we get THAT running, we SHOULD have the RPM’s to get the max output from the remaining 10 coils, which is around 1800 watts. Can’t have a self runner and put out 2000 watts, but that will probably be close enough for everyone but bi.

I won’t be posting any videos of it running HERE. Courtesy of bi. I will never show HIM anything. But I will be sending links to Aaron. As many videos as he wants of whatever he wants. But I think a simple video of a self runner lighting 5 300 watt bulbs, even if they aren’t at full brightness, might be enough. If not, we’ll figure it out.
                        Merry Christmas, all.

Comment

• What? Me worry?

Originally posted by Turion
                          Now that we know the output from just two of the coils will power an AC motor to 1700 RPM, getting it to self run is just a matter of switching. Might take a couple days because of the holiday, but it will happen. Finding a double throw, double switch locally is almost impossible. Ordered one on Amazon. Then on the 5th I will be taking him my 110 volt DC treadmill motor. If we get THAT running, we SHOULD have the RPM’s to get the max output from the remaining 10 coils, which is around 1800 watts. Can’t have a self runner and put out 2000 watts, but that will probably be close enough for everyone but bi.

I won’t be posting any videos of it running HERE. Courtesy of bi. I will never show HIM anything. But I will be sending links to Aaron. As many videos as he wants of whatever he wants. But I think a simple video of a self runner lighting 5 300 watt bulbs, even if they aren’t at full brightness, might be enough. If not, we’ll figure it out. Oh, and YouTube used to have an option where specific people could view videos based on them logging into YouTube using their email account. If that still exists, some other folks will be able to see the videos.
                          Hi Turion,

I'm not worried about missing your video. I can just wait for national news coverage of the first perpetual motion machine and free energy generator. Good luck, sincerely.

bi

Comment

• Dang bi!

You are quick! I modified that post almost immediately because I told Aaron I wouldn’t post videos of anything. Want to save “proof” (if anyone believes YouTube videos are proof of ANYTHING they need mental evaluation) for the conference. I know there will be skeptical electrical engineers there, so THAT will be fun!

I can hardly wait.

Comment

• There are some things I want to share with those who may build this machine in the future...

The input and output data I have shared on this forum are for my original machine. I’ve never bothered to share anything else because I have those numbers memorized from looking at them hundreds of times in the first year or so of working with this machine. But those numbers MAY have changed significantly, and I want to explain WHY. And by the way, the NEW numbers are all BETTER, so I am not trying to give excuses for why it won’t perform as well as I have said it would.

I have said the input is 12 amps at 24 volts to achieve 2800 RPM or better which is required for speed up under load. I have said the output is 1800-2000 watts.

That was based on having 12 coils wound with 3 strands of #23, each 1000 feet long and six magnets on the rotor that are each 2” diameter by 1/4” thick.

That is NOT the current version of the machine that is at my machinist's place, and we already know that those changes have affected the numbers.

The first change was that rather than have six 2" by 1/4" magnets on the rotor, we went to 12 magnets that are 1" by 3/4" thick. There are actually 24 of these magnets on the rotor, but they are in pairs, back to back with a thin layer of the rotor plastic between. The attraction of the magnets to each other through that thin layer of plastic assures that they will NOT come out of the rotor once put in place. The affect of these magnets to the core is slightly less than the 2" diameter magnets, because their MASS is slightly less, but because there are twice as many of them, the output of the machine in general, has gone up.

The second, and most IMPORTANT CHANGE is the coil. My original coil was three strands of 1000 feet. They would speed up under load at 2800 RPM. At an RPM LESS than that, they act like regular coils. When I went to 6 strands each 500 feet long, with two connected in series, I saw the required RPM drop. When I went to the 12 strand coil it dropped all the way to 1140 or POSSIBLY LESS. The motor my machinist is using right now is running on his crappy batteries at 1140 RPM and they are speeding up under load. We haven't tried it at a LOWER RPM.

Why is this significant? The idea of winding the coil with wires in parallel and connecting them in series, according to TESLA, is to increase the capacitance of the coil. With increased capacitance it takes longer to produce the electrical event that turns the coil into an electromagnet, and this delay allows for the rotor magnet to be TDC before the coil pushes it away. (In the direction of rotation instead of opposition) One additional benefit of this I have noticed is that the increased CAPACITANCE means increased output. How much? I have NO idea. I do know that my machinist says he has blown out a few 300 watt bulbs while running it at 1140 RPM. What will happen when we are running the thing at 2800 RPM I'm not sure, but it DO sound promising.

Almost forgot...Why does it cost the motor ANY amps to run the generator. !. There is the mass of the rotor which must be turned. 2. There is the magnetic DRAG that occurs when magnets go past iron cores to which they are attracted. The alignment of the opposition magnets to the rotor magnets can be a TIME CONSUMING AND TEDIOUS process that I never really carried out to the fullest. My machinist spent more that two weeks getting that alignment perfect as he is a perfectionist, so the amp draw of the machine is currently LESS than 12 amps. How much less, I do not know, but I know it is less.

Anyway, those are things to consider. And they are all reasons I am confident in the claims I have made.

Even though bi has seen fit to call me a fraud, a liar, and a con man at various times while hiding his own identity. Isn't it nice that he can say whatever he wants about me, and everyone knows who I am, but no matter what I say about him it cannot affect his reputation since he chooses to keep his identity hidden? But every dog has his day, and I will have mine. LOL
                              Last edited by Turion; 12-23-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Your comical ending is a gas

BTW that is the best delivery I have ever witnessed you making. Like
                                you always say "It's not rocket science" and someday it will sink into
                                the minds of the people reading your posts. The lights will turn on and
                                builders will build.

The data running more strands and a greater number of magnets is so
                                valuable.

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                                There are some things I want to share with those who may build this machine in the future...

The input and output data I have shared on this forum are for my original machine. I’ve never bothered to share anything else because I have those numbers memorized from looking at them hundreds of times in the first year or so of working with this machine. But those numbers MAY have changed significantly, and I want to explain WHY. And by the way, the NEW numbers are all BETTER, so I am not trying to give excuses for why it won’t perform as well as I have said it would.

I have said the input is 12 amps at 24 volts to achieve 2800 RPM or better which is required for speed up under load. I have said the output is 1800-2000 watts.

That was based on having 12 coils wound with 3 strands of #23, each 1000 feet long and six magnets on the rotor that are each 2” diameter by 1/4” thick.

That is NOT the current version of the machine that is at my machinist's place, and we already know that those changes have affected the numbers.

The first change was that rather than have six 3" by 1/4" magnets on the rotor, we went to 12 magnets that are 1" by 3/4" thick. There are actually 24 of these magnets on the rotor, but they are in pairs, back to back with a thin layer of the rotor plastic between. The attraction of the magnets to each other through that thin layer of plastic assures that they will NOT come out of the rotor once put in place. The affect of these magnets to the core is slightly less than the 2" diameter magnets, because their MASS is slightly less, but because there are twice as many of them, the output of the machine in general, has gone up.

The second, and most IMPORTANT CHANGE is the coil. My original coil was three strands of 1000 feet. They would speed up under load at 2800 RPM. At an RPM LESS than that, they act like regular coils. When I went to 6 strands each 500 feet long, with two connected in series, I saw the required RPM drop. When I went to the 12 strand coil it dropped all the way to 1140 or POSSIBLY LESS. The motor my machinist is using right now is running on his crappy batteries at 1140 RPM and they are speeding up under load. We haven't tried it at a LOWER RPM.

Why is this significant? The idea of winding the coil with wires in parallel and connecting them in series, according to TESLA, is to increase the capacitance of the coil. With increased capacitance it takes longer to produce the electrical event that turns the coil into an electromagnet, and this delay allows for the rotor magnet to be TDC before the coil pushes it away. (In the direction of rotation instead of opposition) One additional benefit of this I have noticed is that the increased CAPACITANCE means increased output. How much? I have NO idea. I do know that my machinist says he has blown out a few 300 watt bulbs while running it at 1140 RPM. What will happen when we are running the thing at 2800 RPM I'm not sure, but it DO sound promising.

Almost forgot...Why does it cost the motor ANY amps to run the generator. !. There is the mass of the rotor which must be turned. 2. There is the magnetic DRAG that occurs when magnets go past iron cores to which they are attracted. The alignment of the opposition magnets to the rotor magnets can be a TIME CONSUMING AND TEDIOUS process that I never really carried out to the fullest. My machinist spent more that two weeks getting that alignment perfect as he is a protectionist, so the amp draw of the machine is currently LESS than 12 amps. How much less, I do not know, but I know it is less.

Anyway, those are things to consider. And they are all reasons I am confident in the claims I have made.

Even though bi has seen fit to call me a fraud, a liar, and a con man at various times while hiding his own identity. Isn't it nice that he can say whatever he wants about me, and everyone knows who I am, but no matter what I say about him it cannot affect his reputation since he chooses to keep his identity hidden? But every dog has his day, and I will have mine. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X