Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexelectric
    replied
    Thane, very good videos, good information, but who has replicated a Thane coil, in this forum and shows their results, just BroMikey has shown some replicas.

I would like to see Thane on top of a motorcycle testing her project, I say if she already has all the tests, and experiments, because we do not see her testing it on top of a motorcycle.

Thane, has everything, good experimentation, tests, data, test equipment, prototypes, but the final result must be tested by himself, driving a motorcycle, and test the recharge of the batteries as he comments in his research.

That has been missing since Thane has been showing his projects for several years, and they do not manufacture his prototype, he is a great researcher.

Thanks BroMikey for sharing these very illustrative videos

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-23-2020, 03:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    New Video's

Infinite Efficiency ReGenX Motor (ebike acceleration with zero input energy)

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-23-2020, 03:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    New Board Talks 1-4 enjoy. Sit and listen to an engineer

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Engineers Only

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-21-2020, 10:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Grain direction might be an issue with this, otherwise....

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...bd6f39aeSKkDZM

I have asked for information on dimensions and gave them specs. Waiting for response.
    Those rod are made for HF pulse transformers but I don't see people using them for generators. Thane (my main man) has tried these and now uses amorphous Metglas. My goodness not just Thane, he is Johnny come lately compared to the thousands of examples all over youtube before we got here. Ferrite must be a certain number for every application. To make a longer story much shorter let's just say the glass impregnated tape is far cheaper to produce which is important when you are adding up to 80% nickel. In other words both materials are capable but the Ferrite process may cost 5X more mula.

All in all I will have to say that the pattern laid out before us with 60hz motor generator laminated must be followed. Different consistency, same basic geometry. Remember Mad-mack? He pointed out that the induction fork laminates must be oriented properly.
    Last edited by BroMikey; 12-21-2020, 06:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Grain direction might be an issue with this, otherwise....

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...bd6f39aeSKkDZM

I have asked for information on dimensions and gave them specs. Waiting for response.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    The met-glass is a possibility. I have contacted a couple suppliers for quotes. Is that wire coated? I couldn't find info on that.
    Not an insulating coating, no. But you can dip the cut pieces of wire like you always do. Make sure the grain is length- wise. Of course it probably will be and will be a question possibly. To get a metglas core round or in a cylinderical shape might call for machining a square piece. Metglas is normally formed from a ribbon and this type would mean the grain direction is correct. On the other hand if 1000's of small penny size lief-lets are stacked one upon the other this grain direction would be wrong. It is important to have each lief of ribbon be in first hand contact with the magnets flux. This way each piece will be filled with flux from one end to the other, equally and at the same time.
    Last edited by BroMikey; 12-20-2020, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    The met-glass is a possibility. I have contacted a couple suppliers for quotes. Is that wire coated? I couldn't find info on that.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Another option is to buy the right nickel iron wire any thickness easiest to force into the spool. 1j79
    Carefully study the chart. Look for 1j45 also might be enough nickel which mean 45% nickel in the iron, likewise 1j79 is superloy and is 79% nickel. Can't tell you which one is better. Wire dia can be .1mm - 18mm using this material may cost more at say $5-$10 per part, ringing up the bill. Notice in the far left column for permalloy45 is says this. "High magnetic conductivity higher saturation magnetic flux density soft magnetic alloy" this is the stuff but either one is close to the other. probably best to leave %55 of the iron content is my guess.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...1cb45089SpvHC6

H630475f400c74dbc8988fad28eb8291cq.jpg
    Last edited by BroMikey; 12-20-2020, 06:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    So in other words the met-glass cores are not available. So I can’t purchase them.
    here is what I am working on for you. See the chart. .787" dia and 4" long or 20mmX100mm. O have not contacted them yet still looking. Some have 19mm dia but I must find them again. Stay tuned. Yes Metglas companies could also supply the right shapes. far left column
    https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1qsNJS...FXaY.jpg_.webp

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...5d1f7cd3JcUE3I

Hd4d2062faff0417b8a6afa79d91616f3R.jpg_300x300.jpg
    Last edited by BroMikey; 12-20-2020, 05:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    So in other words the met-glass cores are not available. So I can’t purchase them.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    3/4 or.75 by 3” is the core size. I will happily purchase 24 of them. I have an entire roll of metglass. Enough to do 12 coils. But it is probably 8-10 inches wide and razor sharp. I tried trying to make a core out of it years ago and ended up about bleeding to death. I won’t try again.
    oh I absolutely understand your obstacle. Iron in the form of glass, nearly impossible to cut without splintering. I learn now a laser cnc is used to cut shapes but it would be better to find spools the same size that except square cores the same mass. If a square style core spool can be found, I have not looked. I tried to cut this stuff (Nano crystalline) with scissors and the material scatters and sprays all over the floor. Chips everywhere. Maybe I can bust it off with another device. Slitting saw blades are used to segment rolled up ribbon toroid's. These slitting blades work but each piece must be held in place during the cut.

Let me think about it. I knew we would get around to this one day. Been hot after the info from the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    3/4 or.75 by 3” is the core size. I will happily purchase 24 of them. I have an entire roll of metglass. Enough to do 12 coils. But it is probably 8-10 inches wide and razor sharp. I tried trying to make a core out of it years ago and ended up about bleeding to death. I won’t try again.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    BTW Bedini was operating at around 30hz. Most of his bike wheels never went faster than 150-300 rpm and these were taped on Ferrite magnets say 10 poles and other that went a few r's faster were 6 magnet poles.

Again 30hz is not 1000hz we are growing fast those school girl projects. Time to man up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X