Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 474C7E78-0519-44CF-8EED-8A000BEBD512.jpeg
    Data the boys sent me at the end of the day yesterday. I thought the column with total volts it it was "interesting". I told them volts x amps = watts of power output. I would not have figured it the way they did, but the answer is correct, so who cares. probably bi. He likes to pick nits.
    Last edited by Turion; 12-05-2020, 05:58 PM.
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
      474C7E78-0519-44CF-8EED-8A000BEBD512.jpeg
      Data the boys sent me at the end of the day yesterday. I thought the column with total volts it it was "interesting". I told them volts x amps = watts of power output. I would not have figured it the way they did, but the answer is correct, so who cares. probably bi. He likes to pick nits.
      I'll will be back to run numbers. 115 x4= 500watts input plus or minus. Thanks guys, check back later.
      First 8 hour sleep in 2 weeks, had a bad bug.

pair 1 = 318 x 1.4
      pair 2= 0
      pair3= 310 x 1.47
      pair4= 316.5 x 1.5
      pair5= 152 x 1.4
      pair6=298 x 1.4

RPM=3400
      Last edited by BroMikey; 12-06-2020, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• How is this being measured? Is this open circuit voltage and short circuit current? or voltage/current through a load... if so what was the load... Just curious...

Comment

• Dragon,
          This is through a load. They are using my light board so I happen to know it is populated with 300 watt bulbs. A pair of coils is connected to each bulb, and that is the data measured across the load.

They sent me a video of the test. They turned on one light at a time, tested it, and turned it off. That is the recorded data I sent. Now I wasn’t there, but it appeared TO ME from the sound that each coil was slowing the motor a bit except ONE. And that coil sounded like it was causing the motor to speed up. I wouldn’t be surprised if THAT was the coil with the lowest output. Also, at the end of that video they flipped ALL the lights on and it sounded to me like the motor was slowing down. If so, that would be a fail. I am asking for RPM after each light is added.

I have asked them to repeat some of these tests, as well as leaving the lights on as they flip each new one on.

If that one coil is indeed speeding up the motor when connected to a load, I would expect it to put out far below its max possible output. In my experience, that is exactly what happens. It needs to be neutral to give the most output possible.

“Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Also how much the test light bulbs (415v to 2 bulbsyikes) slow down the rig is important. As an example if the rotor slows way down from 3400rpm to 2900prpm or is it more like 3408rpm down to 3300?

From 3400 to 3375 is a nothing value change and should be considered a success for now.

Comment

• Super... thanks for the reply. Are you going to make the test video available?

Comment

Then I can start looking at how many wires I must have connected in series to achieve the -0- point where the motor neither accelerates nor slows down when the coils are under load. The more wires I can put in parallel, the more amps I get. The goal is to run the motor on one coil pair.

This is Mr. Dave, more cables connected in parallel for higher amperage, the test I did with the coil of 12 wires, connected in series of 4, and the three configurations that it gives, connected in parallel, gave me a voltage to turn on a 75 watt light bulb, and to turn on a car light at 12 or 24 volts, change the configuration to one more parallel connections and thus, turn on the car light.

but when I had the series connections of 4, and 3 parallel, I connected a transformer of 120 v -12 volts, and turned on the car light.

Well you can see that various configurations and arrangements can be made, adapting it to the required needs.

I did all this with a coil, I am about to test the pair of coils, and continue to seek to optimize this great project of Mr. Dave, for me it is a recognition of his tireless work and search to improve the prototypes to generate energy.

Comment

• 30 strand coil has 9 combinations
                  24 strand has 8 combinations
                  18 strand gas 5 combinations
                  12 strand gas 6 combinations

30 strand is tough to wind by hand and so is 24, although I have done it.

I KNOW a six magnet 10.5 diameter rotor turned at 2800 rpm will achieve the required results on a coil of only 3 strands each 1000 feet long, because that was my first coil and machine and it worked. And then it didn’t when the battery got just the smallest bit discharged. Then the next day it did. It took me weeks to figure out why

Comment

• Update:
                    https://youtu.be/jSABbTAz9-Y

and again
                    https://youtu.be/rGvU22elUxI

Last edited by Turion; 12-07-2020, 01:13 AM.

Comment

30 strand coil has 9 combinations

30 strand is tough to wind
                      I just wound a 51 strand by hand 72 feet long, had to make a slight twist as I rolled it all up so roll was even.

If I ever do one again I will use my machine. The reason I did that one in the yard was for my boy who is a beginner.

BTW I need more information on Greyland's run. Do you know if the data is with all of them turned on at once? Or is that data for a single coil pack test, one at a time? Slows way down? one or all? If that data is for one I can only imagine how slow it is running on all 10 coils. Stall?

Nice set of black blocks Mr DaveAndele

12 coils at the same time lighting the 6 three hundred watt bulbs = 6 X 300w =1800watt
                      Last edited by BroMikey; 12-07-2020, 03:03 AM.

Comment

What a beauty of assembly, you can see that it will be much better, good job Mr. Dave

Comment

• I talked to Greyland last night. He says he has run all 12 coils at the same time lighting the 6 three hundred watt bulbs. According to him it only slows down when the pair of coils that is only putting out like 150 volts is connected to a load. Which makes me feel better. There is NO slow down when all the other coils are connected to a load at the same time.

Honestly, that’s not what I think I heard in the video, but he has no reason to blow smoke.

The data was one coil at a time connected to a load.

I got the new generator all together and bolted to the frame. It’s sitting on my bench right now. I will be ordering some pulleys to go on the motor shaft and generator shaft tonight in case I can’t find any in town tomorrow. Extras never hurt. Will work tomorrow on getting coils locked into the machine and tuning it. Will also work on mounting bracket for motor. Lots to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

I just wound a 51 strand by hand 72 feet long, had to make a slight twist as I rolled it all up so roll was even.

If I ever do one again I will use my machine. The reason I did that one in the yard was for my boy who is a beginner.

BTW I need more information on Greyland's run. Do you know if the data is with all of them turned on at once? Or is that data for a single coil pack test, one at a time? Slows way down? one or all? If that data is for one I can only imagine how slow it is running on all 10 coils. Stall?

Nice set of black blocks Mr DaveAndele

12 coils at the same time lighting the 6 three hundred watt bulbs = 6 X 300w =1800watt
                            This math is clear with drive power at 450w-500watts and outputting 1800watts = COP = 3+

For the dummies out there this is more out than in. A dummy can be trained unlike an idiot. See the 3 stooges for the definition of "idiot"

Comment

• [QUOTE=Turion;n501694]I talked to Greyland last night. He says he has run all 12 coils at the same time lighting the 6 three hundred watt bulbs. According to him it only slows down when the pair of coils that is only putting out like 150 volts is connected to a load. Which makes me feel better. There is NO slow down when all the other coils are connected to a load at the same time.

That pair of coil is not right, and that they are renting the motor, better change them for the ones that give you 300 volts, and you will see that you will have more gain, it seems that you already have better results.

Very well. In your project, Mr. Dave, the one who is showing us, go safely and cautiously, not for wanting to show the results anymore, you will have a breakdown, there is time, and thanks for sharing

Comment

• A week from Thursday I am meeting Greyland and his team and we will be testing the generator. I will be able to record volts, amps, RPM and whatever. I hope to test the NEW machine before that, but haven’t been able to mate it to a motor yet. Still working on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X