• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Here’s why high speed ceramic bearings. 8mm
    https://youtu.be/tpsBx4Cy7fo

You can buy a new car for the cost of some of these bearings
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=8mm+ceram...41&ref=sr_pg_2
    Turion,
    Still searching for ceramic bearings for the motor I have.
    MY-1016-B
    The front bearing is:
    ID 10mms OD 25mm

The back bearing is:
    ID 6mm OD 20mm
    Been searching for long time daily. Any particular company besides Amazon? Or maybe I have the wrong motor? Lol for sure!!

I've a very good micrometer in the shop and even used my desk mounted magnifying glass with lights.

There's no hurry, but when I'm ready I'll purchase some. Are all the motors different shaft bearing sizes?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

if this is actually the setup you are running and the boost module is located where you show a “UPS”’ in the schematic, my first thought was “I have no idea how that would provide ANY extra energy to the setup.” According to this schematic all you are doing is putting the UPS in series with the charge battery so the energy from the primary goes through both. Yes, the battery should charge, but NO additional energy is brought into the circuit because the output of the boost is being “used up” by the load. It is not being sent “through” the load to the charge battery.

HoweverI thought about it ALL NIGHT and couldn’t sleep! I realized that since the GROUND on the boost module is a THROUGH connection. (- in is connected to - out) the positive out of the boost module is going through the load and to the - out of the boost module (which is coupled with the - in) and the - in is going to the + of the charge battery. So you are actually running the load between the output of the boost and the positive of the charge battery also, and it is working without the two diodes I recommended, or they exist inside the boost module.

I am not sure you could run it this way with other boost modules, but now that I understand what is going on, I see why it is possible to get the results you are getting. I thought the output to the load was being WASTED in this schematic, so I could NOT understand your positive results. It is NOT wasted. But be aware that it might not work this way with EVERY boost module. They are not all the same circuit, so a missing diode or one in the wrong place could prevent this from happening.

“Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post

Turion,
        Still searching for ceramic bearings for the motor I have.
        MY-1016-B
        The front bearing is:
        ID 10mms OD 25mm

The back bearing is:
        ID 6mm OD 20mm
        Been searching for long time daily. Any particular company besides Amazon? Or maybe I have the wrong motor? Lol for sure!!

I've a very good micrometer in the shop and even used my desk mounted magnifying glass with lights.

There's no hurry, but when I'm ready I'll purchase some. Are all the motors different shaft bearing sizes?
        All mine have an 8mm shaft except the MY1020. I never had to look for other sizes of bearings, so not much help. I will try to look and see if I can find some somewhere.
        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Second day run #3

Run pack start at 23v see picture for 1+hrs into run. See the battery 3 charge right up. Last run took 4WH to charge it yet having started with no more than 10-12 WH this system (with meter losses) has toasted over 15WH plus recirculated 25 WH and it ain't over yet. Not even close.

Dave wanted to see my light.

Last edited by BroMikey; 08-01-2022, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Two questions:
            What kind of batteries are these. Lithium iron phosphate, Lithium iron, or what?
            What kind of light is that and how many watts is it rated for.
            Sounds to me like you are having all kinds of fun!

Now that you have seen it working on your bench in front of you, how likely is it that you will let anyone, even those who quote experts, tell you that it doesn’t work and cannot work?

But the best part is that these principles apply to far, FAR more than this simple proof of concept setup.

Comment

• Not likely even before I run this. John Bedini told us it works and his word is gold

Comment

• Li ion batteries. WH =30 recycled wait 1 hr and restart 4th run start 4:00 pm

Last edited by BroMikey; 08-01-2022, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• I can see why you need a buck converter as the differential changes huge amounts go to battery 3 sometimes excessively draining the primaries and stressing the charging battery. Very important detail. 250ma going to battery 3 at the end while much less in the beginning. All batteries can stand that pounding the size I am using. Learning

Comment

• adios

Orion
                    Last edited by OrionLightShip; 08-07-2022, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Pulsing inductors

Comment

Pulsing inductors

BroMikey, got an answer?
                        Anyone else?

Orion

Comment

• https://www.amazon.com/DEVMO-45-390V...356343486&th=1

At higher voltages small losses don't matter as much. Remember, hIgh voltage DC is DANGEROUS, DANGEROUS, DANGEROUS.
                          Last edited by Turion; 08-02-2022, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrionLightShip View Post

BroMikey, got an answer?
                            Anyone else?

Orion
                            add 6wh plus 19wh =25wh burned. Gonna stop soon

Last edited by BroMikey; 08-02-2022, 04:22 AM.

Comment

I had a setup for my dad's small solar system, where when the sun went down, and he needed to run through the night, I would cascade his system, pulsing through an inductor in parallel with an inverter that received constant current. 6 batteries going to 4 batteries, going to 2 batteries, going to one battery. I could run the 12 volt inverter between each stage and use the inductor to charge up the batteries left behind as you moved from one stage to the next. I added inductors in parallel. I'm not saying that is the BEST system, but I saw what could be done.

The primary of a transformer is an inductor, inductively coupled with the secondary. Recover and "generate."
                              Yes back in the early 2000's John Bedini taught us impulse charging. Not to the degree Dave did it. We had air coils and ferrite. Did you have cores Dave?

Comment

• Originally posted by OrionLightShip View Post

BroMikey, got an answer?
                                Anyone else?

Orion

Comment

Working...
                                X