What is Cold Electricity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Cold Electricity?

Let's imagine a simple circuit composed of a battery, a CSR (a current sense resistor) and a resistor for a load. A simple DC circuit. You hook this circuit up and a few seconds later the load resistor is hot, the CSR is hot and the battery is getting warm.

You pick some different components and hook them up. This time, the load resistor gets hot, but the battery and CSR stay cool. You can't feel them getting warmer and your thermometer seems to tell you "nothing is changing temperature wise" in regards to the battery and the CSR.

Probably half of you out there know exactly where this is leading. I'm not aiming this at you. This is for the readers that come on this forum saying, "I want to do what you are doing, but I don't know anything about electricity or electronics. All I know is that Tesla was a genius and his discoveries have been lost."

If you think you have a valid comment or question, I will be glad to hear it. But, it seems to me that a bunch of shallow thinking is getting promoted on this forum. (And I have been a member for quite a while now.)

When Tesla talks about radiant, that is THE SAME THING that we know as radio waves. True, there are radial and longitudinal components, but they are both radio waves. We also have a new vocabulary when it comes to inductors, capacitors, and a whole slew of other new stuff. But, cold electricity is nothing more or less than high voltage, low current circuitry.

If you think you know a better definition or description of cold electricity, this would be a good place for you to lay your cards on the table and explain what you think cold electricity is.

To expand on my thoughts, in great detail and with examples, please download and carefully examine the attached zip file which contain a spreadsheet. It simply uses Ohm's law and the power equation (watts = volts times amps) to show what happens in the simple (DC) circuit described above. It should be very helpful to you, if you are a beginner in the area of electricity and electronics.

Good luck with your experiments and I hope you come up with something that will change the course of history.

Also, by the way, I saw a video posted recently in which a well regarded member of this community discussed a circuit idea related to the notion of cold electricity. I really started to wonder what he is thinking. So, please, share your ideas here if you think I'm on the wrong track.
    Attached Files
    There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Hi Wayne,

What a brave person you are to try and bring some sanity to this forum. I wish you luck on that.

I would add one other qualification for "cold electricity". High frequency is also a factor. A high voltage low current DC source does not behave the same as a high voltage low current rf source. And I believe that what a lot of people on this forum are describing as "cold electricity" is nothing more than the normal behavior of rf energy.

Respectfully.
    Carroll
    Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Hi Wayne
      This topic ought to bring out some colourful conversation
      By its very name, "cold", there is an endothermic quality to this form of energy, the way I see it. That is, instead of giving off heat, it acts in the opposite way, running cold. As you say, it involves low current. In my understanding, it is current/amperage that is tied to exothermic reactions or heat production.

I would argue, based on my experience that you don't need hi voltage for CE. I do agree with your position that there is little to no conventional current/amperage involved. However, voltage level may well play a factor in the density of a cold charge, dictating its ability to perform work. Higher voltage >>> higher charge density >>> greater ability to perform work.

I would also take a slightly different view on the role of HF. In my experience, CE is accessible at relatively low frequencies. However, the key to tapping into it seems to be tied to resonance, or resonant frequency. In terms of HF, the higher you go with overtones, you may also be able to access greater charge densities.
      But there's something about a coil at resonance that seems to render it capable in certain instances of drawing in a CE charge.

Great topic!
      Bob
      Last edited by Bob Smith; 09-16-2015, 05:19 PM. Reason: correction of term

Comment

Originally posted by wayne.ct View Post
        This time, the load resistor gets hot, but the battery and CSR stay cool. You can't feel them getting warmer
        I don't know the answer but I can say that the only time i have come across cold electricity was at the UK Free Energy conference '07, maybe '08. We had a demo of pulsed cracking of water into HHO, the Dave Lawton method, and part of the equipment went white. This was frost.

Comment

I think the relevant word here is "Electricity".

Hot "water" and cold "water" are the same thing.

Similarly hot "electricity" and cold "electricity" are the same thing.

I believe there is a conventional explantation of semiconductor switches getting
          cold, I've read it but cannot recall where.

In my opinion there is only one electricity, it can cause heating or it can
          cause cooling depending on what is actually happening.

Comment

If you think you know a better definition or description of cold electricity, this would be a good place for you to lay your cards on the table and explain what you think cold electricity is.
            This is a good topic to hash out, because I think it lies central to our discovery and understanding of the type of devices characterized as free energy or overunity.

The first consideration is symmetry. If we can agree there is such thing as hot electricity, it only seems natural to suspect there is an opposite, behaving very similar but when the two are combined in equal quantities, you get a neutral or balanced result. Nature has a fascination for ying and yang.

I have been studying the Ruslan Kulabuhov device for months now and Ruslan himself has stated the two key components of this device are Cold Current and Back EMF. This particular device uses a rigid earth ground where it would appear electrical charge is kept in balance.

Another concept I think is key, is inertia. If you have an electrical flow of current and you abruptly stop it, the current itself has inertia, it continues to move some amount, some distance for some time after the gate is closed. So one has to ask themselves what happens just past the gate. Certainly you don't pull an electrical vacuum at that point; something must fill that void. My thinking is the "void" is filled with this mysterious cold current. If you allow the hot current to reverse direction and go back to that void, you lose the cold current, but if you don't let the hot current reverse by adding a second gate, now you have forced nature to show its other side.

The best way to visualize the above scenario is to look at the operation of a hydraulic ram pump.

Comment

My personal opinion is that "cold electricity" is a figment of Gerry Vassilatos' imagination. Cold is just a lack of heat. It isn't some separate thing. You'll notice in all of the accounts discussing "cold electricity" that what is actually cold is some device, not the electricity itself. So it could be said that the electricity is somehow affecting the device such that it sheds heat, leaving less heat in the device than in the surrounding environment.

Tesla did this with vacuum tubes when he was experimenting with Roetgen rays. What he was doing was using electricity to enhance the degree of vacuum in the bulbs. From "On Roentgen Rays" article of March 11, 1896 in Electrical Review: “After some time the reddish light subsides, the streams becoming again white, whereupon they get weaker and weaker, wavering around the electrode until they finally disappear: Meanwhile, the phosphorescence of the glass grows more and more intense, and the spot where the stream strikes the wall becomes very hot, while the phosphorescence around the electrode ceases and the latter cools down to such an extent that the glass near it may be actually ice cold to the touch. The gas in the bulb has then reached the required degree of rarefaction.” The entire article is worth the time to read it.

On Roentgen Rays by Nikola Tesla

When Tesla talks about radiant, that is THE SAME THING that we know as radio waves. True, there are radial and longitudinal components, but they are both radio waves. We also have a new vocabulary when it comes to inductors, capacitors, and a whole slew of other new stuff. But, cold electricity is nothing more or less than high voltage, low current circuitry.
              Radiant energy is a generic term meaning energy which is radiated. It isn't some exotic, unknown, mysterious "new" untapped energy source. At least not as used by Tesla, although today it is made to seem that way. Actually Crookes was the first one that I am aware of that used the term "radiant energy" and he got it from an 1816 paper titled "On Radiant Matter" by Michael Faraday. Faraday was making a case that "radiant matter" should be considered a fourth state of matter along with solid, liquid, and gas. We know "radiant" matter today as "plasma".
              Crookes, On Radiant Matter

I disagree with you about radiant energy being radio waves unless you consider X-rays and particles emitted by atomic decay and cosmic rays to be radio waves. Tesla considered the "rays" to be particles which carried an electrical charge which also bleeds into wireless transmission of energy - particles traveling in straight lines that carry electrical charge.

There's a long, drawn out explanation at the following link that traces how the idea evolved through time from "radiant matter" to "radiant energy" to what we today call "atomic energy" or "nuclear energy". See Reply #19 at the following link:
              Understanding Tesla

Again Gerry Vassilatos is largely responsible for most of the BS surrounding "radiant energy". There are a couple of telling features about his "Secrets of Cold War Technology" book that identify it as pure contrivance. First, there are no references for any of the claims made in the book. And if it is read carefully you will see that he makes assertions that could only be known if he witnessed some events that occurred before he was born. Although an enjoyable read it is full of BS and should be considered fiction - fiction needs no references.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog-One View Post
                This is a good topic to hash out, because I think it lies central to our discovery and understanding of the type of devices characterized as free energy or overunity.

The first consideration is symmetry. If we can agree there is such thing as hot electricity, it only seems natural to suspect there is an opposite, behaving very similar but when the two are combined in equal quantities, you get a neutral or balanced result. Nature has a fascination for ying and yang.

I have been studying the Ruslan Kulabuhov device for months now and Ruslan himself has stated the two key components of this device are Cold Current and Back EMF. This particular device uses a rigid earth ground where it would appear electrical charge is kept in balance.

Another concept I think is key, is inertia. If you have an electrical flow of current and you abruptly stop it, the current itself has inertia, it continues to move some amount, some distance for some time after the gate is closed. So one has to ask themselves what happens just past the gate. Certainly you don't pull an electrical vacuum at that point; something must fill that void. My thinking is the "void" is filled with this mysterious cold current. If you allow the hot current to reverse direction and go back to that void, you lose the cold current, but if you don't let the hot current reverse by adding a second gate, now you have forced nature to show its other side.

The best way to visualize the above scenario is to look at the operation of a hydraulic ram pump.

That's very close to my views on this as well.

Another way I've heard it described was as 'coherent electricity' instead of 'cold electricity'. Think of it as the difference between laser light and regular light.

Much like the different properties between a light bulb and laser beam, coherent electricity would have different properties in the same electrical circuits. It may act on battery chemistry differently, or have different magnetic properties (or no magnetic properties?), or act on dielectrics differently, etc. Anyway, it's a good starting point to understand when we hear about some overunity devices being hard to measure. Bedini talks about pulses that can't be measured with any meter or scope but can charge a battery just fine.

Because you are extracting from a below-ground state, the electricity produced may be in this coherent state before being scattered by resistive circuits.

Comment

Good to see so many people start grasping this simple idea....

Comment

Continuing the pondering that 'cold electricity' is actually 'coherent electricity' (the same difference as laser light vs conventional scattered light).
                    Lets look at various systems and see if we can narrow down a few more properties of coherent electricity.

Bedini speaks of 'Pulses that cannot be picked up on a scope or meter, but will charge a battery just fine'. The conclusion from this:
                    * Coherent cannot be picked up directly with a shunt because the resistance scatters coherent EM back into conventional EM. This would be akin to shooting a laser into opaque glass. The glass lights up but scatters the beam in the process.

Floyd Sweet's videos shows him managing to run motors and light bulbs just fine on coherent electricity, which would lead to one of two conclusions:
                    * 1: Coherent electricity has an associated magnetic field just like conventional electricity
                    or
                    * 2: The resistance of the wire is converting coherent electricity back to conventional, and that is where the magnetic field is coming from. Coherent electricity either has no direct magnetic field or its magnetic properties mimic a superconductor.
                    I don't know the answer but I suspect the 2nd proposition is closer to reality. If the 2nd is the case, this form of electricity might be called 'electro-dielectric' as opposed to the 'electromagnetic' that we are used to.

Don Smith and Eric Dollard and others reference FTL propagation in dielectric setups. This suggests that:
                    * Coherent electricity likely has dielectric properties, making its propagation velocity likely around 1.53c.
                    It also suggests that:
                    * Capacitors can convert coherent to conventional.

Almost every system seems to light bulbs just fine, and with a rare exception in certain HV Tesla circuits, few report their bulbs running cold. This would mean:
                    * Resistance converts coherent to conventional.
                    If we're designing a circuit based on this, it means:
                    * In general, any wire where coherent EM flows should have low winding resistance. Secondary and load side of circuit should minimize resistance.

Systems that report getting cold seem to do so in different regions. Bedini reported the magnets themselves got cold, Sweet said directly shorting leads would create frost on the wires, one odd experiment on OU forum mentioned when he blew a MOSFET that the junction was ice cold. This would suggest that:
                    * The below-ground energy well can be generated multiple ways in multiple places.
                    * Coherent EM is almost universally derived from a coil and magnetic field, and has dielectric properties.

One more consideration to determine where coherent EM comes from in an OU circuit:
                    * Since coherent electricity seems to flow toward below-ground-state regions, energy may not actually be flowing foward, but instead flowing backward into the sink. I'm not sure how to exploit this in a circuit, but it's still worth mentioning.

--------------------------------------------

On toward creating coherent EM:

* Laser light is created when over-exited particles return to a ground state. Following that logic, Coherent EM should arise from electrons falling into a below-ground state.

* Laser light propagates best in a low resistance path. Coherent EM likely needs a low resistance path to flow as well (short wire, thick wire, silver coated wire, litz wire)

* Diode laser light comes from the gap between the P+N junction in a transistor, and propagates at a 90deg angle to the impressed dielectric field.

And lastly:

* Laser light is generated as a one-way action. Energy translated into light does not get reflected back into energy, at least at the source. Receiving laser light on the other end does not affect the source in any way.
                    In a circuit, this means we need to generate currents that do not reflect back to the source (heat pump, water hammer, diodes, parameter variation, etc).

--------------------------------------------

I don't have any neat experiments to show off, yet.
                    Just trying to narrow down a few parameters so when we build our circuits, we are not completely in the dark.

Comment

Since coherent electricity seems to flow toward below-ground-state regions, energy may not actually be flowing foward, but instead flowing backward into the sink

Comment

Cold Electricity is many things

It has been 7 days since I started this thread. Sometimes I don't have time to check in consistently.

It seems that there are many ideas for a definition of cold electricity, including the idea that it is an entirely imaginary notion. Skipping that opinion, it appears that cold electricity is one or more of the following.

1. Cold charge (and what exactly is that?)
                        2. That which produces a endothermic condition
                        3. Something pertaining to frequency
                        4. Something pertaining to charge density
                        5. Something related to back EMF
                        6. Something having to do with inertia of electrons
                        7. An electrical vacuum
                        8. A mysterious cold current
                        9. X-rays
                        10. Another name for coherent electricity.

As far as I can tell, we don't really have a consensus view of cold electricity. No one mentioned the thermoelectric effect, also known as the Peltier effect. It seems that the idea of cold electricity may have originated with Gerry Vassilatos. Thanks for everyone's comments in the thread. It does seem there is some measure of sanity and insanity within the community.

Also, by the way, I should have said radiant is electromagnetic waves instead of radio frequency. That way, X-rays would be included along with lower frequency EM we call radio waves.
                        There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

Of course radio waves or electromagnetic waves, of special kind.
                          Like polarised light or laser or other way of coherent or isolated or twisted or intermittent or undulated wave....and it's interaction with matter...

Comment

You might have an easier time identifying what it is if you reach some consensus about what it does (i.e., what are its manifestations)- my two cents' worth.
                            Bob

Comment

No one mentioned the thermoelectric effect, also known as the Peltier effect.
                              Good point!!
                              Not sure , but Iotayodi's post of a vortex tube might describe this, where positive electric flow creates our negative gradiant that sucks in energy from the other side of a PN junction.

----------------

This actually gives us a few experiments to narrow down the source if a peltier is indeed a manifestation of 'cold electricity'.

* Stick a big neodymium magnet next to a peltier module junction and measure the difference in performance with, without, and at various angles. If there is no change in current flow or temperature, then it would suggest cold electricity does NOT have magnetic properties (assuming Peltiers are a manifestation of it).

* Same experiment as above, except use a big coil instead of a magnet and apply sharp DC pulses or AC sinewaves. It may only respond to changing magnetic fields and not static fields. Repeat the experiment in reverse and try to get a voltage on the coil by pulsing the peltier. Look for one-way actions

* Use a peltier module as the 'air gap' in a simple transformer and measure effects between transformer windings and peltier junction. Does one field induce power in the other?

* Find a way to put a peltier in a static or dielectric field and measure the results. Like putting one near a tesla coil terminal and measure the results. Repeat with a running peltier and measure changes in temperature or current flow. If cold electricity has dielectric properties, you may see some changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X