Magnet motor revelation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsession

Well I am starting over with my magnets! I thought maybe I could get away with something when my magnets were not quite equal as they are weaker ceramics. Hah! Being weaker, the tolerances for the ramps are tighter. Since I have a bazillion ceramics, I will still be using them, but I have set up a rig that will give me a much finer measurement of magnetic strength of each magnet so I can pick the closest ones. I thought I had already done that, but not so much when used. Oh they would spin nice and not stick until turning very slow, but not good enough. Since I gave myself no way to add material to the back of the magnets, unbuild time. That darn superglue is tough to undo.

Yes Mack, I get the importance of the forks and the weakening of the force vectors with the spread, but I believe there is more than just a termination halfway around the attracting magnets. That is what I aim to prove.

Wanto: I'm using scrap metal, particle board, old hard drive, aluminum angle, ceramic magnets, and brass screws with plastic washers. This thing will work! The two magnet version with ramps has already been proven. Persistence, this will be build 3. Wait til you guys see this monstrosity.

Happy Building,

Randy
    _

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMack View Post
      Hey it's only been 5 weeks. After the initial skepticism there's a learning curve you know. Just this morning BroMikey made a statement about a momentous accomplishment, but for some reason it looks like nobody caught it except maybe tachyoncatcher.

Cheers
      Hello MadMack and builders of the Mad design.

Here is one of many ramps I have. This one got flipped over from what

it was originally intended for. It ain't perfect but remember I have these

screwball curvy lines comin at me from these round magnets.

I am learning fast.

I'm gonna whip this one.

You will notice the first part that what the rotor sees, has more mass and

then the shape recedes and is thinner metal before we get to the "V" portion

of the "Y" fork. Plus as the rotor gets closer to the "V" where more metal

is closer again to the rotors travel area. Then the fork/split make the field

vanish into thin air. She kicks past with no returns.

My problem is these stupid round magnets and my rotor to stator gap

is a mile across but still having fun with my weirdo shapes.

This is not my only one that works. I just wanted to show you this one

because it is a flipped over ramp that didn't work the right way?

Notation to serious builders: All other ramps and this as well do not work

unless forks are used and the angle of the entire ramp is perfect.

Other wise the ramp sticks or moves forward and then goes back again.

Last edited by BroMikey; 10-07-2015, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Thanks Randy, how do I fix that?

Cornboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
          On the attraction side bend the tines behind the ramp a good distance BEFORE the attracting magnet. The bend angle should be 30-45 degrees.
          Randy

I don't understand "Bend the tines behind the ramp"? The tines are the ramp.

Please say this another way so I may understand. I want to understand.

Rephrase, I am having brain freeze. Tines bent behind ramp?

Comment

• Photobucket

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
            Thanks Randy, how do I fix that?

Cornboy.
            Cornboy,
            There seems to be a problem with the first page in Photobucket right now. Click the image you want to show, this will take you to a page with only that image. Then click the IMG link on the right. It will flash "Copied". Go back to your post and right click where you want to paste and then left click "Paste" from the menu. The proper language should be in place.

Good Luck,
            Randy
            _

Comment

• OK, the pressure on me is ramping up so here's the rest of it.

You know what it takes to balance the magnets.
              You know a properly designed split ramp will accelerate the rotor and negate the drag from the end of the ramp.
              You know that you have to accomplish both of those design tasks before moving on.

BroMikey has provided the link to K&J that relates to these two drawings and I have previously stated how this shunting will be advantageous. Once again, these drawings only illustrate the method and can be improved upon.

This motor was my first one and I built better ones later using the knowledge gleaned from this one. All you are doing is taking the forces provided by magnets and directing those forces through motion and iron to accomplish a task. That is no more far fetched than using river water to turn a paddle wheel, only the methods are different.

I have given this openly and freely and I sincerely hope all of you will keep on track and share your ideas and results with each other and see this through to success. Persevere and you will succeed. You have everything you need now.

Best regards,
              Mack
              Attached Files

Comment

• More fun

Madmack,
                Hope you stay safe, come to South Carolina we will take care of you. Floods , red necks, and crazies killing people in churches, is all we have here. Other than that it's nice here.

Thanks for everything so far. I'm starting my next build, third one with better materials and vertical not horizontal.

Please stay safe and take care.

I've dreamed of this machine for most of my life. That's why I'm obsessed with it. That's ok I hope.

wantomake

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMack View Post
                  OK, the pressure on me is ramping up so here's the rest of it.

You know what it takes to balance the magnets.
                  You know a properly designed split ramp will accelerate the rotor and negate the drag from the end of the ramp.
                  You know that you have to accomplish both of those design tasks before moving on.

BroMikey has provided the link to K&J that relates to these two drawings and I have previously stated how this shunting will be advantageous. Once again, these drawings only illustrate the method and can be improved upon.

This motor was my first one and I built better ones later using the knowledge gleaned from this one. All you are doing is taking the forces provided by magnets and directing those forces through motion and iron to accomplish a task. That is no more far fetched than using river water to turn a paddle wheel, only the methods are different.

I have given this openly and freely and I sincerely hope all of you will keep on track and share your ideas and results with each other and see this through to success. Persevere and you will succeed. You have everything you need now.

Best regards,
                  Mack
                  I knew it, I knew it!!! We are on the brink!!

Shielding? Yes yes Shielding, we know what that is too.

Gotta put my thinkin cap on all day. Thanks Mack. There is nothing

like a good adventure. Learning new things revives my energies.

Goodness me those two pictures look the same EXCEPT for the back

side of the stator magnet. You trimmed the back end MACK. It is

the little things that keep it going, huh? Yeah!!!
                  Last edited by BroMikey; 10-08-2015, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
                    Cornboy,
                    There seems to be a problem with the first page in Photobucket right now. Click the image you want to show, this will take you to a page with only that image. Then click the IMG link on the right. It will flash "Copied". Go back to your post and right click where you want to paste and then left click "Paste" from the menu. The proper language should be in place.

Good Luck,
                    Randy
                    [/IMG]

Thanks Randy, that's the process I follow but still no go.

@ Mack, take heart Mack, folks here can be very determined to succeed.

Best Regards Cornboy.
                    Last edited by Cornboy 555; 10-07-2015, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Thank You Mack!

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                      Thanks Randy, that's the process I follow but still no go.

@ Mack, take heart Mack, folks here can be very determined to succeed.

Best Regards Cornboy.
                      Thanks Mack!!! This is just the beginning. Feel confident you started a revolution. Ten years from now will be a whole lot different with this motor than it would have been without it. Take care of yourself.

Cornboy: You must be clicking the Insert Image button in the post editing tools. You do not need to do that. Photobucket gives you all the language. Just copy paste and add nothing more. You have extra IMG tags that are messing it up.

Take Care,

Randy
                      Last edited by tachyoncatcher; 10-09-2015, 07:37 PM.
                      _

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                        Goodness me them two pictures look the same EXCEPT for the back
                        side of the stator magnet. You trimmed the back end MACK. It is
                        the little things that keep it going, huh? Yeah!!!
                        Mike,

The difference between the two images is one shunts the face of the stator magnet, the other does not. The face being the side of the stator magnet facing the rotor.

Cheers,

Randy
                        _

Comment

• I assume the one that shunts one side of the face also directs/bends the magnetic field toward the ramp also, increasing the attraction?
                          Kent

Comment

• Originally posted by mkt3920 View Post
                            I assume the one that shunts one side of the face also directs/bends the magnetic field toward the ramp also, increasing the attraction?
                            Kent
                            Hi Kent,
                            I don't think it works like that, but I could be wrong. My thinking is it would tighten the field on the un-shunted side. I think it takes another field to pull or push to cause a distortion of the nature you speak of. The shunts will cause yet another imbalance in our favor.

Cheers,

Randy
                            _

Comment

• Thanks so much Randy, I always had to use insert image, in the past.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Randy,
                                That makes sense. Thanks for the reply.
                                Kent

Comment

Working...
                                X