Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Barbosa Leal circuit. What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tachyoncatcher
    replied
    Well

Hi Magnethos,
    I agree with citfta. All I see in those videos are poor measurements and a misunderstanding of Mains. But, in the spirit of seeking understanding, if you want to proceed I would change up a couple things. Your toroid transformer has AC in and DC out. This means it has to, at least, have a couple FWBRs under that tape. I would remove them. Actually, "I" would remove the secondary windings. Next I would connect a load in series with the primary of the toroid on the Phase side. Maybe a 100watt bulb between the breaker and your next tap in your circuit. Then I would test the transformer without any load or large wire in it. The bulb should NOT light up. If the bulb lights up, Your transformer's primary winding has a short in it. Assuming all is well, measure power consumption using a amp meter on the "Phase" wire. Not some Kilowatt meter. Calculate your watts from there. The light bulb will act as a safety should something get shorted. If this device works as advertised, the bulb should not light or at the very most, very dimly. This is what I would do. I'm not suggesting anyone should try the above

If you give us the dimensions of your toroid, I can give you a close idea of the primary windings assuming it is made from silicon steel. Most AC power transformers are.

Good Luck,

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Magnethos
    replied
    Originally posted by citfta View Post
    I watched the video. His toroidal transformer has a lot of turns on the primary side. This limits the current that can flow from the grid. According to the current going in and the current in the loop circuit there must be at least 50 turns or more in the primary winding of the toroidal transformer. Do you know how many turns you have in your primary winding? And also the amount of turns of the secondary that are not inside the toroid will have an effect on the current in the secondary. And the extra turns need to be held tightly together like he shows in the video.
    I've checked the website of the maker of the toroid and I cannot find the number of turns of the toroid. So I cannot answer that question. But it seems that it has a lot of turns, maybe more than 50.

You said me that I've the secondary (the black wire) shorted and it was impossible to run any load because it's shortcircuited. The guy in the video as you've seen is using a closed loop (shortcircuit) and his works good.

Leave a comment:

• citfta
    replied
    I watched the video. His toroidal transformer has a lot of turns on the primary side. This limits the current that can flow from the grid. According to the current going in and the current in the loop circuit there must be at least 50 turns or more in the primary winding of the toroidal transformer. Do you know how many turns you have in your primary winding? And also the amount of turns of the secondary that are not inside the toroid will have an effect on the current in the secondary. And the extra turns need to be held tightly together like he shows in the video.

You should also be aware that it looks like all he is doing is just taking the hot side of the AC line and feeding through the load and into the ground. You can leave all the toroid and heavy wire out and just connect the load directly to the hot wire and the ground and do the same thing. Only the electric company is not going to like you doing that. And they also won't like you connecting this device up either.

I don't see any evidence of extra energy in this circuit. The watt meter is not going to read right when only one side of the line is carrying current through the watt meter. And that is what he is doing when he has the watt meter before the transformer. His amp meter also is showing that same amount of current coming from the grid as the amount going through the load. So I don't understand why anyone thinks there is extra energy there.

Respectfully,
    Carroll

Leave a comment:

• Magnethos
    replied
    Here you've a more detailed schematic of what I'm doing.

I've also thought if connecting the Earth's ground to the power grid's ground in the same place where I connect the toroid transformer could be a problem. That can be causing the problem?

Leave a comment:

• Magnethos
    replied
    Originally posted by citfta View Post
    Your drawing can't possibly work. What you have is basically a transformer with the secondary side (the heavy black wires) shorted out. So the input current will go as high as it can until the circuit breaker trips. Do you have a drawing or link to the drawing you went by to build your circuit?

And only ground fault breakers (GFI) are designed to trip out on an unbalanced condition. Regular breakers don't care where the current goes as long as the current is not too high.
    Here is the link I watched to copy the circuit.
    EDIT:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbNvUZT4NC4
    As far I know, it's the same configuration as the guy is using. But after reading you, it seems that I've modified something and for that reason mine doesn't works.
    The guy in the video is using a circuit breaker like this:

Mine is like this:

Leave a comment:

• citfta
    replied
    Your drawing can't possibly work. What you have is basically a transformer with the secondary side (the heavy black wires) shorted out. So the input current will go as high as it can until the circuit breaker trips. Do you have a drawing or link to the drawing you went by to build your circuit?

And only ground fault breakers (GFI) are designed to trip out on an unbalanced condition. Regular breakers don't care where the current goes as long as the current is not too high.

Leave a comment:

• Magnethos
    replied
    Originally posted by Dupe View Post
    The circuit breaker is a current balanced system where the current drawn from the AC plus side is returned through the AC neutral. However if that balance is disturbed by a current leakage to ground, an in balance results which is detected and throws out the trip!!
    Oh sorry, I forgot to modify the picture.
    There is a small difference. I've updated the picture in the first post. Look again and say me if you keep thinking the same.

Leave a comment:

• Dupe
    replied
    The circuit breaker is a current balanced system where the current drawn from the AC plus side is returned through the AC neutral. However if that balance is disturbed by a current leakage to ground, an in balance results which is detected and throws out the trip!!

Leave a comment:

• Magnethos
    started a topic Problem with Barbosa Leal circuit. What to do?

Problem with Barbosa Leal circuit. What to do?

Hello, I'm trying to replicate the Barbosa Leal (energy from the ground) circuit, but I've a problem. When I try to switch on the load connected to the output of the circuit, the automatic protection circuit from home switches off like when you do a short-circuit.

What can be causing this?

Here there is the schematic I'm using.
    Last edited by Magnethos; 07-02-2015, 05:45 PM.
Working...
X