• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico Bike ..is it OU Or ?...

Any feed back or comments would be welcome

Mexican students invent eco-friendly motorbike

respectfully

Chet K
    Last edited by RAMSET; 05-14-2015, 06:46 PM. Reason: Removed word from title
    If you want to Change the world
    BE that change !!

In praise of Don Smith

Don Smith explains how to build it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWLk3psFx0Q

5min in if you want to skip (I advise you to watch the whole video 1 to 6)

Now you know what the capacitors are there for.

Comment

In the video Don talks about a circuit for a 10v operational
      device to run a motor.

Does anyone know what that circuit looked like?

The only circuit I see is of Don running high voltage.

Mike

Comment

Would the caps used on a motorbike have to be big like Farads ???

I liked an HV vid posted a while back where the guy filled up his room with Leyden Jars.

Edit
        Recycling glass jars and fizzy cans can be fun. Wonderful stuff glass, not too leaky, but there is probably better.
        Last edited by lotec; 05-15-2015, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
          In the video Don talks about a circuit for a 10v operational
          device to run a motor.

Does anyone know what that circuit looked like?

The only circuit I see is of Don running high voltage.

Mike
          Don gave the principle of operation. If you watch the video series it's quite clear.
          Carlos Benitez used the same principle in a series of patents from 1914 to 1918.

Google is your friend here.

Comment

Hi to all

According to the video of the news does not seem OU. I understand that is recharged by the power of pedaling, and then use the engine to go up a road.
            I have not seen any electric scheme, some link?

Last edited by torpex; 05-15-2015, 03:50 PM.
            Regards
            http://Cacharreo.com.es/foro

Comment

Originally posted by a.king21 View Post
              Don gave the principle of operation. If you watch the video series it's quite clear.
              Carlos Benitez used the same principle in a series of patents from 1914 to 1918.

Google is your friend here.

Thanks KING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwiQGxkXC9U

Comment

I don't think so

torpex
                I don't think it has Pedals ??
                Stefan has some Pics here

R-Walker Selfsustaining Free Energy bike from Mexico

thx

Chet K
                BE that change !!

Comment

Ok, I am wrong

@Ramset
                  Thanks for the link to OU
                  I have read all the thread and I have seen external links.
                  In the news, little technical information, almost everything is copy and paste
                  A little info:
                  Estados | Estudiantes de robótica del COBAO quieren viajar a Rumania - Diario Oaxaca

Battery start spark
                  A toothed belt moves the toothed wheel
                  Inside of the rim there is a dynamo, this collects the energy to run the electric motor

The set consists of battery, electric motor (2700 rpm) , toothed belt, toothed wheel, dynamo, capacitor

0.3 volts are lost in the conversion process

Sometimes they say that the battery is used only for the initial spark
                  Sometimes they say it is used to drive the electric motor

The battery has been 5 months without recharging

They claim self-sustaining, this was the goal in the initial project

I thought it was a green project, now I have my doubts.

EXPORECERCA JOVE 2015 - YouTube
                  Small appearance on the minute 6:16

Another interesting link:
                  Alumnos del Cobao ganan premio en el Torneo de Robótica de Barcelona | Noticiasnet
                  Regards
                  http://Cacharreo.com.es/foro

Comment

Thanks for looking it up.

I allready wondered, why someone start jabbering something about Don Smith, what is once not related here when you look at the video and 2nd anyone can really doubt, that this guys ever heared from don smith.
                    Some Guys really need to stay more sober before they start writing.

From the Pictures is to see that there is a generator at the back wheel like a dynamo, and some leads to the supercaps. So nothing big fancy here.
                    Even tho they claim that it becomes self-sustaining at a rpm over 2000.
                    Last edited by Joit; 05-16-2015, 01:37 PM.
                    Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

torpex
                      Thanks for the contribution ,they are /were at a contest in Romania...
                      The claims of self sustaining must be explained a bit more IMO.

hopefully some clarity will be forthcoming ,regenerative braking is
                      really nothing extraordinary ,and all their other claims of long distance ,high speeds and not having charged the battery in 5 months ...

odd indeed.

Thx
                      Chet K

Edit
                      Stefan just received a reply from the inventor
                      copy paste from here.

R-Walker Selfsustaining Free Energy bike from Mexico

Stefan
                      I just got a message from Victor. He wrote:

Hola soy el creador de r-walker. Una disculpa por no haber contestado antes este mensaje estabamos preparando nuestro viaje a rumania. Ahorita estamos en la competencia infomatrix y lo estamos presentado.. Mucho gusto mi nombre es victor ricardo matias garcia.
                      Que es lo que te gustaria conocer acerca del r-walker.

Means:

Hello I am the creator of r-walker. An apology for not answering before this message we were preparing our trip to Romania. We are right now in the Infomatrix competition and we are presented .. Much like my name is victor ricardo matias garcia.
                      What do you like to know about the r-walker.

I wrote then back:

Hi Victor,
                      many thanks for answering.
                      Yes, I have seen that you went to Romania for this competition.
                      I hope you will win there.
                      Well, you have a pretty long name, I hope it is okay when I just call you Victor ?
                      I am writing this via the Google Translator website because I can not speak Spanish language.
                      I can only speak German language, my mother language and English language.
                      I hope the translation via Google Translator is readable for you.

Well, we are all very exited about your invention.
                      Is it only a range extender so you can drive further with one battery charge ?
                      Or do you really need not to charge your battery at all ?

Some people speculated that the Reuters report on your bike device had a wrong translation and your circuit might be only a range extender circuit, so you can drive longer with one battery charge ?

Otherwise will you soon publish some more data about it ?
                      Are you going to Open Source this technology ?

Are you using the BackEMF from the motor to recharge your Super Capacitors
                      and thus recharge your battery ?
                      Or do you have invented a special "back drag" free generator ?
                      Normally you always have the Lenz law against you to generate enough energy in the generator to overcome the losses.

So can you tell us some more information about this ?
                      Maybe some other people can try to replicate it and confirm your circuit ?

Many thanks.
                      Looking forward to hear more from you.
                      Regards, Stefan.
                      Last edited by RAMSET; 05-16-2015, 01:57 PM.
                      BE that change !!

Comment

Originally posted by Joit View Post
                        Thanks for looking it up.

I allready wondered, why someone start jabbering something about Don Smith, what is once not related here when you look at the video and 2nd anyone can really doubt, that this guys ever heared from don smith.
                        Some Guys really need to stay more sober before they start writing.
                        Hi JOIT

I wondered why the young man mentioned Don Smith as well so
                        I followed the video link over to youtube where some off conference
                        of DON talking about regenerative acceleration, this is a very old subject.

So what the young man pointed out was that DON talked about this
                        stuff decades ago and the patents are even older than that. We
                        have 100 years of catching up to do so all information should be
                        reviewed even if it comes from a liar something can be learned.

Even a liar has to tell lies to cover his lies and by doing so reveals
                        the truth.

I get fed up with all of the unfounded claims too, JOIT.

Regenerative braking is a process of motor coil phasing to
                        use,capture,reuse REACTIVE POWER or phantom power in a
                        way that the motor speeds up under load.

DON talks about it in the video posted.

Don really ticks me off with all of his drooling after that stroke
                        he had, but I got to hand it to him for trying. He was so old
                        in the video I could not make it all out. Very frustrating to listen.

Mikey
                        Last edited by BroMikey; 05-17-2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

BroMikey,

Where in the world do you come up with these off the wall definitions? Regenerative braking has absolutely nothing to do with a motor speeding up under load. Regenerative braking is a control system that allows you to use the motor as a generator when the load is driving the motor. The power is then put back into the battery to extend the distance you can go. It is a common system used in electric vehicles. Downhill runs can then be used to help recharge the battery. But it has nothing to do with a motor speeding up under load.

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

Regenerative braking is a process of motor coil phasing to
                          use,capture,reuse REACTIVE POWER or phantom power in a
                          way that the motor speeds up under load.

Mikey
                          Carroll
                          Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Originally posted by citfta View Post
                            BroMikey,

Where in the world do you come up with these off the wall definitions? Regenerative braking has absolutely nothing to do with a motor speeding up under load. Regenerative braking is a control system that allows you to use the motor as a generator when the load is driving the motor. The power is then put back into the battery to extend the distance you can go. It is a common system used in electric vehicles. Downhill runs can then be used to help recharge the battery. But it has nothing to do with a motor speeding up under load.

Carroll
                            Yes you are right sorry guys I meant to say "Regenerative Acceleration.
                            One man named Thane said he found out how to regenerative accelerate motors while studying braking. This adventure is many many years old.

So you are right to correct me.

Mikey PS I went back and fixed the error.
                            Last edited by BroMikey; 05-17-2015, 12:47 AM.

Comment

With caps that big maybe it could be run like a Tesla switch with rejuvanitive topups

Comment

Working...
                              X