Nasa says EmDrive does work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasa says EmDrive does work

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Nasa says EmDrive does work and it may have also created a Star Trek warp drive

Not being a Trekie I don't know how a warp drive is supposed to work, comments anyone?

I think this site should be an improvement:

Evaluating NASA’s Futuristic EM Drive | NASASpaceFlight.com

Comment

Here is a little Movie from that link with the comments on
      testing in atmosphere as well as the more recent testing in a Vacuum, although
      I suspect the Vacuum testing must still go further to
      solidify the claim..also everyone wants the "show me what your doing
      to make these claims " disclosure and obviously this has issues with proprietary
      rights with the experimenters and some of their possible funding..a real issue for cash strapped NASA.

like being between a rock and a hard place.
      the Vid
      Newsy | Is A NASA Lab About To Crack Interstellar Travel? | Multisource Video News Analysis

thanks
      If you want to Change the world
      BE that change !!

Comment

It seams to me that Gene Roddenberry had more than just a vivid imagination, he was in fact well connected at NASA. It is also known that many truths are released through the movie industry and that the technology level is well in advance of what we are told.

While many believe that the fastest aircraft is the SR71 Blackbird, NASA has filmed many things that move in the high atmosphere, at incredible speeds. While many have developed into "conspiracy theories", the fact remains they did film something, and the way the cameras panned to catch the footage it does seem that this filming was deliberate. What is powering such craft?

The release of information regarding a warp drive does not surprise me, I believe they had some of the principals of that many years ago, and Gene Roddenberry included it in his Star Trek series. Its a little like Jules Verne's story of the Nautilus which seemed incredible at the time of printing.

Only time will tell us how much he knew and how much actual information is contained within the series. It now seems that not only the weaponry but the warp drive is real. What about the warp coil and the matter/antimatter warp core? What about the matter transporters and food replicators? It life imitating art or art imitating life?

While it seams we are at a very embryonic stage with this technology, it may be the case that the technology is much more advanced that we know. Its all very occult.

Comment

i just want to share my point of view about warp driver or faster than light, i think it's related to what called wormhole where they could build a shortcut between galaxy, so it's possible to travel in great distance without spending million of years doing so with our today technology .

creating a wormhole look like creating a black hole and this involve the risks behind treating this kind of energy, black hole is a pure negative energy where the time stop in the gateway and being negative inside it ! anything enter this special zone will be simply recycled , there is a shortcut there but it can't be controlled ... the engine must have a power to driver an entire galaxy to be able to make such wormhole... so the idea as i see it seem to be impossible!

Comment

My three minute introduction to warp theory.

Originally posted by med.3012 View Post

i just want to share my point of view about warp driver or faster than light, i think it's related to what called wormhole where they could build a shortcut between galaxy, so it's possible to travel in great distance without spending million of years doing so with our today technology .

creating a wormhole look like creating a black hole and this involve the risks behind treating this kind of energy, black hole is a pure negative energy where the time stop in the gateway and being negative inside it ! anything enter this special zone will be simply recycled , there is a shortcut there but it can't be controlled ... the engine must have a power to driver an entire galaxy to be able to make such wormhole... so the idea as i see it seem to be impossible!
            Im not sure that worm holes or black holes as we know them, exist in reality, it remains a mathematical construct of the cosmologists. There are however some anomalies that have been identified as black holes, but as yet the proof is not there.

Now lets look at the idea of warp drive, im not talking about Star Trek or even the work at NASA. Warping a local area to create thrust is not a new idea, take a look at an airoplane wing. The curved upper surface causes an increased velocity of the air therefore lowering pressure above the wing, this causes lift. This is a mechanical example of a warping of the environment to create an upward force. It requires a medium in which to operate.

If the vacuum of space is indeed a sea of of something, be it the aether or something else, it seems logical that using the right mechanism, it can be warped. We know space has electrical charge, magnetism and many other things in it, so even though there is little matter we do have a warp-able medium.

In space we have an added advantage in that friction is so small that we can consider it negligible, so even a tiny force can result in huge velocities given sufficient time. This is rocket science

Propellants are not needed to produce thrust, only a means of warping a field which is easy, all you have to do is turn on a coil within a magnetic field. In the vastness of space, magnetic fields may be so varied and rarefied that magnetism alone isn't enough, but there are other fields too such as electrical, radiation etc. Notice how black holes, worm holes, quantum and string theory isn't required either, its nothing magical, just basic provable science.

How we power such a device in space is another problem.

A warp bubble is just a local area within the range of our mechanism that is warped.

Comment

Warp-speed at Startrek is something like hyper speed.
              The parts from the movie showed there that its instead driving with 80 mph over a highway, its like drinving with 280 mph over the highway.
              They did not claim its faster then light what i have seen at the movies.
              Only the stars animation did run faster.
              But its anyway all made at a Studio.
              Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Joit View Post
                Warp-speed at Startrek is something like hyper speed.
                The parts from the movie showed there that its instead driving with 80 mph over a highway, its like drinving with 280 mph over the highway.
                They did not claim its faster then light what i have seen at the movies.
                Only the stars animation did run faster.
                But its anyway all made at a Studio.
                hehehe yes, warp speed in the movie context is the speed which is achieved when the warp drive is engaged. Then they qualify it with warp factor 1, 2, 3 and so on, the thing is I have read somewhere that this was based on NASA science. For me it is meaningless but to some scientists it may be quantifiable. In the movies at some point after warp 9 time travel occurs. This is where I disagree with science and the movies, I don’t believe it is possible to reverse time but that may be just my lack of imagination

The best way I could describe an analogy of a warp bubble is like this:- by some means we are able to create an area of high pressure behind us while lowering the pressure in front. The result is a push forward. As I said, this could be physical like air pressure or it could be magnetic and electrical fields. Quite simple really, every coil does it.

Comment

I don't think its really anything new for the NASA.
                  They made already experiments with this effects and don't know, what else more.
                  T.T. Brown was someone who did a lot stuff with things like this.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Townsend_Brown
                  So they put out maybe only a little piece of that what they already know and sell it as something unusual new.
                  Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Correct, and im sure they looked at Browns work too.

Comment

Notice the news almost a year ago.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRdNj0_8JU

Having a variety of engines might give astronauts more options
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcEc7dnRppw

Collisions with astroids and space debri can be reduced
                      by plotting the safest route even if it takes longer saftey is more important.
                      Last edited by mikrovolt; 05-04-2015, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikrovolt View Post
                        Notice the news almost a year ago.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRdNj0_8JU

Having a variety of engines might give astronauts more options
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcEc7dnRppw

Collisions with astroids and space debri can be reduced
                        by plotting the safest route even if it takes longer saftey is more important.
                        One of the major obstacles to space travel is space debris, space is full of it. while a small particle could pass through an unmanned craft, as long as it does not hit critical components in a critical way, the spacecraft can continue without problems. If any part of the pressure vessel that a manned spacecraft has, is damaged, it becomes a life threatening event and so must be repaired. This is likely to happen in a prolonged long distance high speed craft, so as well as developing engines we have to consider building shields to protect us from such events.

Comment

Working...
                        X