• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clarence
    replied
    Originally posted by cameleon53
    Hi Clarence,
    from looking at your circuit, I think that the wire of the captor loop should be turn around the earth wire instead of the other. Like you have connected it the capted currant is reduce at 40%. I can be wrong but maybe someone can test it. See what i mean in the drawing.
    Fabien
    Hello,

There are ONLY two transformers in my unit NOT three.
    the CAPTOR LOOP is SUPPOSED TO HAVE AS LOW AS POSSIBLE CURRENT!!!!
    THAT WAY each time A LOAD is placed on the output of the CAPTOR an incremental additional increase is added to the LOOP without quickly OVERHEATING IT!!!!!!

I would desire that people would STOP TRYING TO SECOND GUESS an effective OPERATING SYSTEM that has ALREADY BEEN PERFECTED both by B&L AND myself!!!
    WHAT YOU WOULD DO would QUICKLY OVERHEAT THE LOOP!!!!!
    leave it ALONE!

Clarence

Clarence

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Before posting the completed exciter winding information
    I have enclosed 3 general diagram segments 1-3 to
    better visualize each function of the entire process.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by clarence View Post
    Hello BroMikey,

all of these linked schematics shall prove as a very valuable asset to the members for certain!

thanks again for your effort and contribution.

Thanks and cheers,

Clarence
    Originally posted by alamat View Post
    thanks for info

Thanks Guys you are both beautiful people.

I have researched the winding counts and gauge of wire
    for the ALPHA CORE DIRECT specifications. I will make
    another diagram showing this.

Each supplier of a core, designed to operate at 60HZ @117vac,
    will gave this sign (V/Turn)

I will return soon.

Leave a comment:

• alamat
    replied
    thanks for info

Leave a comment:

• clarence
    replied
    Segmented schematics

Hello BroMikey,

all of these linked schematics shall prove as a very valuable asset to the members for certain!

thanks again for your effort and contribution.

Thanks and cheers,

Clarence

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Hello BroMikey,

You did well.
    However there is always the possibility that some viewer will just look at the segmented schematic WITHOUT READING YOUR EXPLANATION and think that that is all there is to completing the device! the HURRY UP LOOK DON'T DON'T READ syndrome has been a pain in the tooch before.

If you were able to include ALL of the circuits IN COLORED FORM that would be a valuable TOOL for all the members.
    I'll have to say that at present that's something that I DON'T know how to do!
    So if you CAN - GO FOR IT! the members WILL appreciate it I'm sure!

Thanks Bro,

Clarence
    Agreed one more is coming that being the battery circuit.
    I changed ALL of the diagrams to say 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and so on.

also NOT A COMPLETE DIAGRAM has been added to the first example.

Thanks for confirming that thought I had as well. Also i am putting these always all together so when I am finished I will edit all of my posts to show them as one page.

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-16-2015, 07:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• clarence
    replied
    Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
    Yer alright Clarence.

Here I segmented your layout again to help folks like me visualize each
    function or pathway of the circuit. Take away
    the battery charging loop, take away the twin toroid exciter circuit and this is what you get.

Just a diagram segment to keep everyone thinking about the hook up path. I can see it so clear now.

Hello BroMikey,

You did well.
    However there is always the possibility that some viewer will just look at the segmented schematic WITHOUT READING YOUR EXPLANATION and think that that is all there is to completing the device! the HURRY UP LOOK DON'T DON'T READ syndrome has been a pain in the tooch before.

If you were able to include ALL of the circuits IN COLORED FORM that would be a valuable TOOL for all the members.
    I'll have to say that at present that's something that I DON'T know how to do!
    So if you CAN - GO FOR IT! the members WILL appreciate it I'm sure!

Thanks Bro,

Clarence

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Hello BroMikey,

GET IT BIG BOY! your'e GOOD.
    I've got your back whenever you need info.
    some times I say things blunt but don't be offended by it cause i'ts not intended that way.!

CHEERS.

Clarence
    Yer alright Clarence.

Here I segmented your layout again to help folks like me visualize each
    function or pathway of the circuit. Take away
    the battery charging loop, take away the twin toroid exciter circuit and this is what you get.

Just a diagram segment to keep everyone thinking about the hook up path. I can see it so clear now.

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-16-2015, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Hello BroMikey,

some times I say things blunt but don't be offended by it cause i'ts not intended that way.!

CHEERS.

Clarence
    Oh!! A real man not wearing his feelings on his shirt sleeves? Woe dude my main man it's like water in the desert.

Tiger by the tail song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeOddejiGw
    Last edited by BroMikey; 04-15-2015, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• clarence
    replied
    Hi Clarence

I needed that because these new technologies seem so different to me especially with this area of the circuit. So what I am learning is that the inverter is connected to these twin primaries and are more like exciter windings.

This is enough of a discovery for today to keep my enjoying this project like a kid nursing his "ALL DAY SUCKER" I really like this one.

I like to isolate circuit functions limb by limb and this is when I noticed how little energy it actually takes to run the toroidal primaries.

On the practical side I much agree, use what works well and keeps the resistance low, it was just that I kept following the circuit around and when I got to the toroidal cores turn ratio I became puzzled.

See the toroid's are my main focus right now and I wanted to figure out the math on how 2 turns CW and CCW might fit with the 2 primaries wound CW and CCW. First I thought hummm... 10awg windings can't be right and thanks to Clarence we KNOW
    what the average power handling is and those "SKILLED IN THE ART"
    of winding transformers would know how to answer my question.

Next I went to the website where you have shown the transformers
    are built and I looked over the standard materials for 60hz power transformer cores. In our case the cores are bigger than normal power transformer cores because these cores are isolation cores.

What that means is that isolation transformers need 2 of the approx same size winding like a primary generally and this takes more room than a normal design.

In a normal design particularly with THEIR 300va 117vac toroidal transformers they put down a primary of 21awg and then a few turns of 18awg to get a 28v-0-28v secondary side. This is a normal 300va step down and takes up less space. That core diameter is approx 3.5 O.D. for regular designs.

Then i noticed the core with windings looked more like a 6" diameter in your device and I see now that the bigger core was needed to get the 2-3 loops of big heavy AWG ott wire through it.

The engineers at Bridgeport I talked to on the phone are nice people and have always answered all of my design questions, I like them for this reason.

Thank you for your quick response Clarence that helps us all to filled in the unknowns of the puzzle. This will help those who have a few even smaller toroidal around to wind their cores properly to get the good results that you have gotten.

I am growing an extra set of eyeballs following this circuit around and back again and when I get a tiger by the tail I don't let up it's plain to see

Mikey
    Hello BroMikey,

CHEERS.

Clarence

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Hi Clarence

I needed that because these new technologies seem so different to me especially with this area of the circuit. So what I am learning is that the inverter is connected to these twin primaries and are more like exciter windings.

This is enough of a discovery for today to keep my enjoying this project like a kid nursing his "ALL DAY SUCKER" I really like this one.

I like to isolate circuit functions limb by limb and this is when I noticed how little energy it actually takes to run the toroidal primaries.

On the practical side I much agree, use what works well and keeps the resistance low, it was just that I kept following the circuit around and when I got to the toroidal cores turn ratio I became puzzled.

See the toroid's are my main focus right now and I wanted to figure out the math on how 2 turns CW and CCW might fit with the 2 primaries wound CW and CCW. First I thought hummm... 10awg windings can't be right and thanks to Clarence we KNOW
    what the average power handling is and those "SKILLED IN THE ART"
    of winding transformers would know how to answer my question.

Next I went to the website where you have shown the transformers
    are built and I looked over the standard materials for 60hz power transformer cores. In our case the cores are bigger than normal power transformer cores because these cores are isolation cores.

What that means is that isolation transformers need 2 of the approx same size winding like a primary generally and this takes more room than a normal design.

In a normal design particularly with THEIR 300va 117vac toroidal transformers they put down a primary of 21awg and then a few turns of 18awg to get a 28v-0-28v secondary side. This is a normal 300va step down and takes up less space. That core diameter is approx 3.5 O.D. for regular designs.

Then i noticed the core with windings looked more like a 6" diameter in your device and I see now that the bigger core was needed to get the 2-3 loops of big heavy AWG ott wire through it.

The engineers at Bridgeport I talked to on the phone are nice people and have always answered all of my design questions, I like them for this reason.

Thank you for your quick response Clarence that helps us all to filled in the unknowns of the puzzle. This will help those who have a few even smaller toroidal around to wind their cores properly to get the good results that you have gotten.

I am growing an extra set of eyeballs following this circuit around and back again and when I get a tiger by the tail I don't let up it's plain to see

Mikey
    Last edited by BroMikey; 04-15-2015, 06:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• clarence
    replied
    Thats the good stuff Wizzz..........

Check me out on this side, enclosed for serious builders is a foto

Here we see some inconsistances that I need to have cleared up.

I wind cores and the information does not jive with normal transformers.

The inverter to cores diagram has been altered to focus on the transformer
    primaries connected to a 10awg wire. The question I have is this.

What awg wire in on those primaries? 21awg is standard. A 300va winding
    generally uses 21awg. Please clarify if anyone knows about transformer windings. It is easier to call Bridgeport I understand, in the mean time we need to understand somethings about this system that we have overlooked.

The primaries are not taking much of the inverters power using a 300va
    winding. And having the 2 primaries connected to a 10awg wire should not be a requirement with normal designs.

If you understand my question please feel free to answer or maybe Clarence can tell us that the primaries in fact do not use a 10awg magnet wire.

Thank you, Mikey
    Hello @ ALL,

The transformer winding remains the same standard wiring that bridgeport magnetics uses. however after the wire extends so far out of the primary as to be practical I stepped it up to a #10 awg tinned multistrand wire.

Now why do you suppose ole sneaky Clarence would do something like that?
    PRACTICAL!
    that word is my second name in life! after a short period during building
    the SMALL wire leads would BREAK off at their terminals AND they wern't LONG ENOUGH to reach where I needed to CONNECT THEM!!!!!!!!! ALSO #10 has less resistance.

Get a grip people! Anything I do is ALWAYS PRACTICAL!

Thanks for listening!

Clarence

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by totoalas View Post
    It looks like somebody has a corner on the market already.

Thanks Totalas

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by level View Post
    Hello BriMikey. The '10 AWG' marked on the schematic is obviously for the connecting wires between the two toroids, not an indication of the wire gauge of the primary windings on the toroids. The wire gauge of the primary windings would be whatever wire gauge Bridgeport Magnetics uses for their primary windings on their 300 VA rated toroids.
    Thanks Level

I was losing grip for a minute. but you backed me up on this. The bridge port boys use 21awg. Or 20awg at the most for standard transformers but isolation cores are bigger making the overall look of the toroid seem like my 2000va units. The 300va core standard is 3.5" not 5.2"

This stuff is out there, 10awg wire powering a 21awg set of primaries?very interesting.

Mikey PS Level I am glad you filled in so many blanks for us.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    GERADOR CAPTOR DE ELÉTRONS, CERTIFICAR, REGULAMENTAR E AUTORIZAR
    comment by Mr rocha 1 year ago from Brazil

Leave a comment:

Working...
X