• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumage View Post
    Dear Dragon.

That is great news, thank you for confirming my findings.

I had deliberately failed to mention the phase shift, sorry, but I needed to know that someone else had also, actually, done the test. I'm glad it was you !!

So the phase shift, probably caused by the distance. This would be a great test to try with a really long separation, might even enhance the received signal further ?

Well there is definitely an observation worth pursuing.

Cheers Grum.
    Grum, I don't feel my curiosity was completely settled from my quick test. Although it gave me a general feel, the phase shift is definitely something to look into. I did some tests quite a few years ago using a single ground - 2 LED's connected reverse of each other (paralleled LED connection) in series with the ground and FG ( Both input and return ). The function generator was set to an RMS level below anything that would light the LEDs then started searching frequencies. The return LED started pulsing as would be the case when you have two frequencies slightly off it returns the difference between the two but at a higher current and voltage level.

Finding that natural ground frequency to "beat" against seems to be the key here. Once the ground frequency is found you can send a second frequency into the ground at a frequency that reflects the frequency you want returned. (i.e. 50 or 60 hz ).
    Last edited by dragon; 04-26-2015, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RAMSET
    replied
    dragon
    your experiments are clearly appreciated .
    However...
    Yikes...new guys with no real personal history here [To reflect "THEIR BEHAVIOR} ..making demands and piling stones to throw ??

@Minsky
    This is why you don't trust freaks who delete posts. Thats not all there was in the post was it ? Did you mention Barbosa and Leal in the post or not ?
    end quote

??
    Last edited by RAMSET; 04-26-2015, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumage
    replied
    Very interesting !!

Originally posted by dragon View Post
    Grum, I just did a quick test and 2.19Mhz is the next peak that appears to achieve a greater return (voltage). I'm seeing this at various frequencies the above being the highest. It appears there is a slight phase shift between them when they become resonant.

If I have time this afternoon I'll put an AV plug on each of the grounds with an amp meter to see if there is a difference in output between them.
    Dear Dragon.

That is great news, thank you for confirming my findings.

I had deliberately failed to mention the phase shift, sorry, but I needed to know that someone else had also, actually, done the test. I'm glad it was you !!

So the phase shift, probably caused by the distance. This would be a great test to try with a really long separation, might even enhance the received signal further ?

Well there is definitely an observation worth pursuing.

Cheers Grum.

Leave a comment:

• level
    replied
    @Minsky. Please stop with your insults here. Dragon is free to post, edit, and delete his comments in any way he pleases, and he doesn't need to explain his reasons to anyone.
    Last edited by level; 04-26-2015, 05:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Minsky
    replied
    I mentioned a project or two that I built in the past that I wasn't ready to openly share on a public forum. The mention I gave didn't reveal anything specific but I thought it might be enough to inspire curiosity. Since there was no intention of revealing information about them there was no need to even mention them.

This is why you don't trust freaks who delete posts. Thats not all there was in the post was it ? Did you mention Barbosa and Leal in the post or not ?

Leave a comment:

• level
    replied
    12 hour battery self loop test - with no captor loop - 13.3V --> 12.42V

@All

Just finished doing a test to see the rate of discharge of a 12v 75 Ah lead acid battery over a 12 hour period, with the battery, a 750W inverter, and an intelligent battery charger (3 stage - 4A, 12A, 25A), with no captor transformer setup used, all connected in a self looping arrangement.
    The starting open circuit voltage on the battery was around 13.3.
    The battery charger was set to automatic mode.

After starting up the self loop, the battery voltage quickly dropped to about 12.9V and continued falling from there over the next half hour.
    After about a half an hour the battery voltage settled around 12.7V and stayed there for about one more hour.
    Now about 1 1/2 hours into the self run test the battery voltage started to very slowly drop from there.
    After the 12 hour self loop period was elapsed the battery voltage was reading 12.42V (while still under load). So it was a drop from about 13.3V (unloaded) to 12.42V (loaded) after 12 hours of self looping (with no captor loop).
    The battery charger maintained a very steady charge current of around 1.6A to 1.7A on the battery for the whole 12 hour period, after the initial first settling down period of about 15 minutes.
    The output power from the inverter, which was powering the battery charger, measured between 35W to 36W for the whole 12 hour time period. This was measured using a plug-in wattmeter. The inverter case was quite warm (around 40C or 104F degrees) for the whole 12 hour period.

It is interesting to me that the battery charger did not increase the charge current through the whole 12 hour period. I don't know why it did not change.
    Edit: Did a bit of more investigating with the battery charger. The battery charger will have a charge current of around 1.6A to 1.7A if it sees a battery of about this size as around fully charged. It looks like the battery charger detection circuitry was not detecting the dropping voltage on the battery due to way things were connected in or whatever. The battery charger is not an expensive type, so it may have some glitches in its detection circuitry.

As the battery continued to discharge, the intelligent battery charger charge current should have been slowly ramping up, but it remained steady at 1.6A to 1.7 A for the whole 12 hours.
    When I tried this same test with a smaller approximately 30 to 35 Ah battery earlier, the charger began to ramp up its charge current to the battery within about 10 to 15 minutes, and the charge current continued to ramp up higher and higher within the first hour. This smaller capacity battery had discharged to about 12.35 volts within one hour in self loop mode with the same charger and inverter.

Has anyone else tried this test? If so, what are your results?
    The idea here is to give something quantitative to compare to before adding a captor loop arrangement into the self loop.

Last edited by level; 04-26-2015, 08:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumage View Post
    Dear Chet.

Many thanks for pushing the envelope, alas some of my test gear would be considered antique by some !!

As a point of note the above experiment was carried out using my UPS so that there could be no interference from my Supply industry provided ground connection.

Dear Dragon.

As Chet has pointed out your insights are of great interest, many, many thanks for sharing them with us.

Cheers Grum.
    Grum, I just did a quick test and 2.19Mhz is the next peak that appears to achieve a greater return (voltage). I'm seeing this at various frequencies the above being the highest. It appears there is a slight phase shift between them when they become resonant.

If I have time this afternoon I'll put an AV plug on each of the grounds with an amp meter to see if there is a difference in output between them.

EDIT: Checked output of each ground - and although the voltage was almost 2x that on the output end the current was 1/2 of the input so there was no noticeable gain. It wasn't a pro test by any means so I'm sure there are some inaccuracies - just a quick test for you and my own curiosity. Each ground was set up with a pair of 4148's and a 10ohm resistor across them which the scope probes were attatched. I ran the span of my FG from 1Mhz to 10Mhz with activity just over 1Mhz 2.1 and 3.3 all else was a flat line on output.
    Last edited by dragon; 04-26-2015, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Minsky View Post
    @Dragon, Is this information still around ? Can we see it ?

I'm not insinuating that you are being deceptive by deleting this information. But this kind of makes me question your true intentions. Or one might think the information that was deleted was faulty and you were covering it up.
    I mentioned a project or two that I built in the past that I wasn't ready to openly share on a public forum. The mention I gave didn't reveal anything specific but I thought it might be enough to inspire curiosity. Since there was no intention of revealing information about them there was no need to even mention them.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Barbosa & Leal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCjxJ7Hb54Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAjGmXdZC2c

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-26-2015, 04:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Minsky
    replied
    There was a little more information than I wanted out there at this time. I didn't have time to edit the post this morning and decided to dump the whole thing to save time. If you saved the drawings then it should be pretty clear. A few dollars in parts and 20 minutes worth of winding will get you there providing you have a couple grounds to work with.
    @Dragon, Is this information still around ? Can we see it ?

I'm not insinuating that you are being deceptive by deleting this information. But this kind of makes me question your true intentions. Or one might think the information that was deleted was faulty and you were covering it up.

Leave a comment:

• Forthebest
    replied
    "Ramset - Have you done any definitive testing on this Jump phenomena ??
    or incorporated this into an "energy from the ground"array ?"

Yes I have, bluntly speaking, I have no intention of sharing that data or my work in this area at this point in time. I laid out the information for others to investigate its potential, nothing more. In relation to the B&L device think of it as a modulator - instead of a magnet your using current (electromagnet) to alter inductance. That loop to ground , assuming its around 30pf, represents approx Xc= 88 meg ohm at 60 hz. At resonance it is zero. If it passes through resonance, as an example, 120 times per second (full cycle) there is a hard pulse sent into the ground allowing current to return through the same link causing huge shifts.

What would happen if there was an exchange of electrons through the ground loop from the current loop in clarences schematic? A shorted inverter...

The way I interpret this device's function is to send the Line voltage into the current loop then the same line on exit is "mixed" with voltage and its amplified current. So my question would be how do you phase mix the high current in the loop with the voltage/current input from the inverter. Leaving only the ground loop as the solution to phasing.

Sorry for being late but wanted to thank you for your answer and proposed solution on ferroresonance ; I guess this phenomenon is one we dont want to see shorting the inverter .... your insight on ground loop phasing is food for thought and work and appreciated as well .

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by totoalas View Post
    Nice info Dragon
    May I know what load application did u test with 400 amps
    In my 3 identica 15 w 220 to 24 v transformer set up with all secondarys removed 2 turns of 10 m m wire in a close loop the loop current is 910amps and the cable is very hot 70 deg C output of 3rd transformer with drill input didnt changed but low rpm on a battery drill

Bro mickey thanks for the inverter 101 and battery very useful in this thread thanks
    You are welcome.

Sounds like you got way more going on than I do. 910amp? Wow Wee

You could heat water fast with that much current. The current is a key to this project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mNclPSS7wQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTh591kwMHk
    Last edited by BroMikey; 04-26-2015, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by totoalas View Post
    Nice info Dragon
    In my 3 identica 15 w 220 to 24 v transformer set up with all secondarys removed 2 turns of 10 m m wire in a close loop the loop current is 910amps and the cable is very hot 70 deg C output of 3rd transformer with drill input didnt changed but low rpm on a battery drill

Bro mickey thanks for the inverter 101 and battery very useful in this thread thanks
    Wow ! Impressive ! 15watt input? 10mm wire is pretty small and certainly wouldn't take long to melt. I guess I'm going to have to try some other transformers and experiment a little...

My first test was using a 200 watt light bulb just to see how hot it would get - no light of course but it heats up quite quickly. I'm doing a series of tests with some Nickle wire currently with some interesting results...

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Nice info Dragon

Leave a comment:

• level
    replied
    Your right, I apologize, it sounds trivial to me but it may not be to others trying to duplicate the results. I see it as a basic step down transformer, nothing all that special. I didn't realize that much current could be made with such a small cost so it's been springing new ideas by the minute...

One more thing, I screwed up in the diagram and labeled the cap I used as 8uf, after other experiments I looked at it and it was a 50uf. Not a big deal, I only used it to set the peak current through the torroid to make sure when I shorted it it wouldn't draw maximum current from the inverter - just adding impedance.
    No problem dragon. I was just kidding around. Good idea on using the capacitor to help limit the current in the primary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X