Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dragon
    replied
    I don't believe it matters if you use either pure sine or modified sine for testing purposes. If there is a gain it has to come from another source. There is, however, an efficiency difference between the sine and modified - not necessarily the efficiency of the inverter but the efficiency in which the inverter drives a given load. Inductive loads such as motors and transformers don't process the modified as well making the load less efficient and has a tendency to produce more heat also they tend to be noisey producing a buzz instead of a smooth hum.

The small test set up of the B&L I made I used both as a test - Xantrex ProwattSW 600 and a cheap Vector 600. Both ran the loads just fine, the vector created more heating in the toroids. Neither showed any gains in output potential. I tested with and without the smart charger, run times were longer without the charger in line.

If the B&L guys are on the level, then there is a considerable amount of information not shown which is understandable given their desire to protect their invention. What is shown in these and other pages on the net will likely not produce the results they are claiming.

If we consider the overall efficiency of all the components, assuming all are in the 95% efficiency range (being optimistic) - battery charge/discharge cycle, inverter, torroids, and charger we have an average efficiency of around 81%. So right off the top there is a 19% loss we have to make up for from an outside source just to break even.

On a lighter note, all the components purchased for this project can be put to good use in other ways. I was fortunate enough to have everything I needed to assemble this project for testing so my investment was from previous projects and back up units for existing power needs.
    Last edited by dragon; 06-25-2015, 03:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• level
    replied
    Originally posted by clarence View Post
    I don't waste time hopping down the TEST bunny trail (also known as experimenting).
    I just go straight to implement and use. major difference!
    Ok, so you are able to power a load of 100 kW or more while drawing less than 1000W from your battery and inverter? This is what Fernando is said to have observed regarding what a working Barbosa and Leal setup is supposed to be able to do when powered from a battery and inverter.
    Last edited by level; 06-25-2015, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• level
    replied
    Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
    - Your primaries look a little scorched. Brown under the tape. If your leads melt their insulation and the coating on the winding then you could have a short and might need to rewind the primaries. Disconnect your primaries and check the resistance. They should be equal. Oh, and not zero.
    Good point. djarno if your setup is still popping the breaker when you plug it in, then a check to make sure the primary windings have not developed a short circuit using an ohmmeter check, as tachyoncatcher described above, would be a good idea. To give you something to compare to, the 220V primary winding resistance on one of my toroidal power transformers is around 3 ohms. Ohmmeters probably don't measure very accurately at all at that low of a resistance, but that should give you an idea. As tachyoncatcher mentioned, the primary winding resistance should be something more than 0 ohms on both your toroids.
    Last edited by level; 06-25-2015, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• clarence
    replied
    No testing!

Originally posted by level View Post
    Hello Clarence. No one said anything about using a small battery. I believe those particular setups you mention were claimed to be providing very large output power in the order of hundreds of kiloWatts while drawing around 500W to 1000W from the battery.

One of their other setups which I believe Fernando is supposed to have observed earlier, which I quoted the description of above, was described as only drawing 252W from the battery and inverter, and was said to be powering a load of 1610 Watts. In the tests you mention which are producing much higher output power, it was described as a 2000W inverter. I saw no mention of it having to be a pure sinewave inverter. If the information presented about the earlier test drawing 252W from a battery and inverter to power a load with 1610 Watts is accurate, then a 500W to 750W inverter should be enough to do some basic testing of a Barbosa and Leal setup, and should be able to power a load of around 1 kiloWatt or more while only drawing two to three hundred Watts or so from the inverter. It seems it is not necessary to try to power loads of hundreds of kW just in order to do some basic testing. Smaller loads can be used at first to test if there is any over unity there. You most likely don't have to run a Barbosa and Leal setup at max capacity just to see how it performs. People can start out with testing smaller loads of say hundreds of watts, and in that case you shouldn't need a really high capacity inverter.
    I don't waste time hopping down the TEST bunny trail (also known as experimenting).

I just go straight to implement and use. major difference!

Leave a comment:

• level
    replied
    @ ALL
    this in the attachment is the actual battery and Inverter B&L used during their testing with Fernando present!

It is NOT a tiny inverter and NOT a small battery!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a BOSCH S4 93 AH battery and a 2000 watt/to 4000 watt and I believe the wording says its a SINE inverter.
    look at the photo and take it to the BANK!!!!!
    Hello Clarence. No one said anything about using a small battery. I believe those particular setups you mention were claimed to be providing very large output power in the order of hundreds of kiloWatts while drawing around 500W to 1000W from the battery.

One of their other setups which I believe Fernando is supposed to have observed earlier, which I quoted the description of above, was described as only drawing 252W from the battery and inverter, and was said to be powering a load of 1610 Watts. In the tests you mention which are producing much higher output power, it was described as a 2000W inverter. I saw no mention of it having to be a pure sinewave inverter. If the information presented about the earlier test drawing 252W from a battery and inverter to power a load with 1610 Watts is accurate, then a 500W to 750W inverter should be enough to do some basic testing of a Barbosa and Leal setup, and should be able to power a load of around 1 kiloWatt or more while only drawing two to three hundred Watts or so from the inverter. It seems it is not necessary to try to power loads of hundreds of kW just in order to do some basic testing. Smaller loads can be used at first to test if there is any over unity there. You most likely don't have to run a Barbosa and Leal setup at max capacity just to see how it performs. People can start out with testing smaller loads of say hundreds of watts, and in that case you shouldn't need a really high capacity inverter.
    Last edited by level; 06-25-2015, 12:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• clarence
    replied
    Missed the mark again!

Well, I can't say for sure that you don't need a pure sinewave inverter, but I would think a regular inverter should be fine if you are just testing with loads like light bulbs or electric heaters. I would think a 500 watt to 750 watt or so inverter should be more than sufficient if Barbosa and Leal's claims are valid.
    @ ALL

this in the attachment is the actual battery and Inverter B&L used during their testing with Fernando present!

It is NOT a tiny inverter and NOT a small battery!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a BOSCH S4 93 AH battery and a 2000 watt/to 4000 watt and I believe the wording says its a SINE inverter.

look at the photo and take it to the BANK!!!!!

LATER,

Clarence
    Last edited by clarence; 03-26-2016, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    I should have said:

PUT A BREAKER ON THE TOROIDS. But you gonna do it

the way you want. I hope you don't burn down your house

and kill yourself. Now this is good English

Personally I would use a breaker but I don't want to sound

like a broken record, twisting anybody's arm.

With a 100 amp breaker on the 400 amp wire is the

smart safe way to operate. Did you get it, that time?

The CAPTOR TOROIDAL'S use 400 amp wire so

use at least a 20amp breaker if you are not sure

if the connection you made is upside down or

backwards. Just when you think you have it

some other mistake is made.

Use a breaker on the BIG WIRE. I don't think

a picture is needed if you know English

I understand that you already have a breaker.

That is not what I have been suggesting here for 3

posts. The 400 amp wire carrying the high current

that melted in front of you is where a larger breaker

COULD be used if people want to make sense.

Every other person coming by here looking at all of these

mistakes and what the consequences might be, may

feel better about starting this experiment if a means of

setting up with a safety breaker was put into the works.

If a breaker is used in the 400 amp line to setup the CAPTOR

it will not destroy the project. Just good common sense which

most of you people seem to have very little of.

Hook it one way the breaker POPS, hook it the right way

the breaker does not pop. Come on guys make sense.
    Last edited by BroMikey; 06-25-2015, 12:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tachyoncatcher
    replied
    Progress

djarno, You're learning. Bravo to you sir! Just don't kill any chickens or yourself. A few things that I see that might be nothing or everything.

- Your primary looks to be wound around the entire toroid instead of just 160 degrees as suggested by Clarence. Aside from the unknown magnetic interference on the large inductor (wire), this can cause a larger inrush of current when you switch it on due to greater saturation requirements. Clarence's model of 160 degrees helps with this.

- Your looped wire around the large inductor is open at one end. While I have seen different versions of how it is connected, I have never seen it open, as your is.

- Your primaries look a little scorched. Brown under the tape. If your leads melt their insulation and the coating on the winding then you could have a short and might need to rewind the primaries. Disconnect your primaries and check the resistance. They should be equal. Oh, and not zero.

Welcome to the world of alternate energy. We all get there by smoking a little wire from time to time.

@Clarence, Thanks for the kind words. The respect is mutual.

Take Care,

Randy

Leave a comment:

• level
    replied
    Originally posted by djarno View Post
    The secondary's are now winded correctly.
    I'm receiving an inverter of 200 watt or so on Friday by mail of an 'supporter'.
    You're English isn't the best either. Electronic wise I don't know the English words.
    Adding an picture or diagram does wonders, atleast for me.
    Goodnight.
    Hello djarno. Your English is perfectly fine. Quite a bit better than BroMikey's English. Also, it was already perfectly clear that you have the secondary wound correctly now.

Leave a comment:

• djarno
    replied
    Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
    Good to C-U still spoon feeding our favorite skeptic

Great document Clarence, I gotter saved in a safe place.

Djarno has low English and is a wild card. But he is using one

breaker so this is good. Maybe he is going to win this time.

Do you think he connected the 2 toroids up backwards?

Or is Djarno only using 1 toroid? He must not understand the

past posts with diagrams and writing?

I think we need a translator.

This should be interesting, Djarno is going to be a winner.
    The secondary's are now winded correctly.

I'm receiving an inverter of 200 watt or so on Friday by mail of an 'supporter'.

You're English isn't the best either. Electronic wise I don't know the English words.

Adding an picture or diagram does wonders, atleast for me.

Goodnight.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    these attachments are from the Fernando Demonstration in Brazil!
    it is in response to Fernandos questions for infomation about their
    DEVICE as you call it!

The attachment shows their response both in English and their native language.

so much for hot wind!
    Good to C-U still spoon feeding our favorite skeptic

Great document Clarence, I gotter saved in a safe place.

Djarno has low English and is a wild card. But he is using one

breaker so this is good. Maybe he is going to win this time.

Do you think he connected the 2 toroids up backwards?

Or is Djarno only using 1 toroid? He must not understand the

past posts with diagrams and writing?

I think we need a translator.

This should be interesting, Djarno is going to be a winner.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    [QUOTE=djarno;277282]
    Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
    breaker is like 4 meters away .

So no, I don't add another breaker on the circuit I think
    Okay let me say again.

"BREAKER ON THE TOROID'S"

The big wire, the larger wire, put an EXTRA breaker

then you can hook it up backwards and it will be safe.

I see you do not understand. To bad 4 U.

You better get a translator.

Leave a comment:

• level
    replied
    ... so when you think you want to teach me about B&L , step back and think again! HA! HA!
    Hello Clarence. My interest here is in trying to figure out if there is something to Barbosa and Leal's claims. Most of my free time for experimenting is on other experiments of my own personal ideas and designs, but I am still doing some Barbosa and Leal experiments from time to time when I can find the time, as I still haven't ruled these guys out yet.

Leave a comment:

• clarence
    replied
    Pesn is a lieing fraud!- you missed the mark again!

Hi Clarence, Yes, I have read them, thanks.
    Here is a quote from the PESN site about those tests:

"On December 12, Evolucoes Energia ran such a test, showing that the energy amplification effect also works when running from a battery through an inverter.
    They hooked the Captor to a 90 Amp-hour battery with a DC/AC inverter that drew 21 A at 12 Volts DC that, in turn, fed the Captor with 252 W at 230 V. They then hooked a 1,000 W lamp and a 600 W heater with a total load of 1,610 W. That comes to a ratio of nearly 6.4 times the power drawn from the inverter -- not as good as what they observed at a higher power level from the grid, but definitely an overunity effect of a very significant level."
    PESN rep witnesses Evolucoes Energia's Captor off-grid overunity

Based on this, if correct, they were drawing 252 Watts from the battery (21A x 12V) and powering a load of total 1610 Watts, if the heater and lamp were fully powered and the heater was turned on to max heat. If someone can replicate that, that would be impressive.
    PESN and Sterling DID NOT have anything to do WITH OR FINANCE ANY PART of the demonstration event!
    All of Fernandos expenses were paid for by a Friend of mine here in the USA!
    Fernando made the mistake of E-mailng Sterling as a friend about his adventure there in Brazil and Sterling then fraudently claimed he had financed FERNANDO as HIS REP.for the event which was just another one of his known BALD FACED LIES! Sterling h is known for his failing mental problems by the majority of the world nowdays. a pity but true none the less!

I was given access to all of Fernandos PAID FOR information by my friend
    and there is A LOT that has never been revealed and probably won't be!
    so when you think you want to teach me about B&L , step back and think again! HA! HA!

Leave a comment:

• djarno
    replied
    [QUOTE=BroMikey;277280]
    Originally posted by djarno View Post

Also let me suggest another way to protect your secondary.

Since Clarence says that when the system is IDLING

(NO POWER RUNNING) the amp draw on the big wire IS NOT large.

USE A BREAKER!!!!!!!!! USE A 40 AMP BREAK BETWEEN.

Then if the break does not POP!!!! take the breaker out.

Do you understand???? I can repeat for you.

USE a breaker to connect BIG WIRE first.

THEN TAKE THE BREAKER OFF!!!!

I hope you understand and this helps you.

This way if the connection is wrong no damage.

USE A BREAKER? DO YOU UNDERSTAND???

Good to see someone trying hard.
    breaker is like 4 meters away .

So no, I don't add another breaker on the circuit I think

Leave a comment:

Working...
X