Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you

Originally posted by digits10 View Post
    I'm one of the silent followers. . . ok, maybe not so silent I'm reading every one of your posts, and check in several times daily for updates. Just in case you wonder if your posts are benefiting anyone, I appreciate them. Since I'm unable to keep pace with you, I'm just watching right now. But, I'm ready to have at it when you finally reach the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! (Well, if you're Irish I guess).
    Hello Digits10,

Thanks for your support.
    I am Irish.The next few posts will be enlightening also.
    The next one could pertain to you also!

Have a good day,

Clarence

Comment

• Toroid coils

Originally posted by clarence View Post
      Wantomake,

The single primary toroid has 330 turns of say 22-24 AWG mag wire. However, I'm going to use the old standby #20 AWG to finish the secondary on my two .

I would suggest you use the 660 toroid and wind over it for a secondary
      with 330 tourns of #20 mag wire also. Just do a reasonable back and forth
      right hand wind wherever it looks good for you.

The transformers in series are supposed to be balanced with respect to having equal turns ratio, but just for a preliminary trial the lower voltage
      output from the 660 unit may not matter all that much. The dual in series hookup will give double the amperage output anyway. (Hope so.)

Later J,

Clarence
      Wantomake,

I need to speak to you about our 660 turn toroid.
      When I used the primary only toroids in series and then realized they needed
      to have a full secondary also - namely a 330 turn primary AND a 330 turn secondary, I said "OH ****", that means that the B&L actual toroid WAS a
      PRIMARY with a SECONDARY !
      They wound the core with 330 turns ( A standard number for toroid transformers it seems ) on one side of the metal core and wound the other side with 330 turns also.!
      It ALSO gave them the MAGNETIC FLUX separation I was looking for all this time! (SOB)
      This makes our 660 turn toroid primary a blooper! (XXXX - XXXX - XXXX).
      A real screw-up because it covers the WHOLE surface AREA!

Further research into the patent SAYS that their units can be made in a
      SINGLE TOROID TRANSFORMER , or a SERIES DOUBLE TRANSFORMER,
      or a TWO -SERIES DOUBLE TRANSFORMER, or a THREE-SERIES DOUBLE TRANSFORMER, or a FOUR-SERIES DOUBLE TRANSFORMER unit, depending on the CUSTOMERS POWER NEEDS!!!! (AMPERAGE NEEDED) !!
      How about that!

As I said,I will be winding these two Toroids that I have to validate all this info.

Probably going to need several cups to wash this down!

Clarence

Comment

• English and Irish

Hello Digits10,

Thanks for your support.
        I am Irish.The next few posts will be enlightening also.
        The next one could pertain to you also!

Have a good day,

Clarence
        Thanks Digits10,
        It's good to know. I'm mostly for right now just a student in the back of Clarence class room.

I'm English. We have our ancestry from the 1200's and came from Essex county or area in England. The Irish and English working and sharing a cup or pint together. Coffee each morning and a pint or two each weekend. If we lived closer I'd certainly drive ole Clarence mad with my many questions.

If you look around the room you'll spot me, the one with notebooks all around and an eager look on his English face. Or too much caffeine look.

Spot of coffee anyone,
        wantomake
        Edit: Clarence didn't see your new post. I was typing. Will need to order more 20 awg.
        Last edited by wantomake; 08-03-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
          Edit: Clarence didn't see your new post. I was typing. Will need to order more 20 awg.
          Wantomake,

I wasn't real happy about the 660 turn toroid info.

At that time I just didn't put everything together as I should have because of lack of info.

The concept of their (B&L) toroid being an actual input /output explains all those extra wires shown in the tear down photos of "A".
          All that TANGLED wire mess makes a little more sense now.

All things aside, providing this series circuit through the two toroids IS effective then the search for an actual working B&L unit is over!

That would delight me no end.

Time for a sip.

Clarence

Comment

• [QUOTE=wantomake;[/QUOTE]

Wantomake,

For a little insight - use your search and find : Using Power Transformers In Parallel or Series - You Tube.......by electronicsNmore .

That's what I did before I went ahead and made my trial with the two transformers. It also shows the evidence of the output amperage being doubled.

Clarence

Comment

• Same size

Wantomake,

For a little insight - use your search and find : Using Power Transformers In Parallel or Series - You Tube.......by electronicsNmore .

That's what I did before I went ahead and made my trial with the two transformers. It also shows the evidence of the output amperage being doubled.

Clarence
              Clarence,
              One thing he did emphasize on the video is that the two transformers must be same ohm readings or very close to it. I remember how hard it was to wind the last toroid. So not sure I can match the exact number of winds on this next one. But will see what the solo toroid does first.

Working all day at wife's job so maybe some shop time this evening.
              wantomake

Comment

• Balanced toroid transformers

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                Clarence,
                One thing he did emphasize on the video is that the two transformers must be same ohm readings or very close to it. I remember how hard it was to wind the last toroid. So not sure I can match the exact number of winds on this next one. But will see what the solo toroid does first.

Working all day at wife's job so maybe some shop time this evening.
                wantomake
                Wantomake,

I measured the Ohm value on the primary of both my primary only toroids.
                They both measured 1.2 ohms. Yours should measure the same.
                Have decided to do the SOLO Transformer setup also.
                Have been thinking long and hard about the shorted 1.0 AWG thing.
                I know for a fact that there is NO inductive capability in it whatsoever. The only thing it has left alone by it self is an internal high amperage value which can be adjusted by larger AWG wire size AND more passes thru the center of the solo toroid.
                It bothers me that they put this thing in their system. They are definitely NOT dummies. A typical component in an electrical system should have
                conductivity - inductance - and transference. To me since it has NONE of these, the only thing to do is GIVE them to it!
                If the LIVE alternation of the NEUTRAL WIRE output from the toroid were to FIRST
                make a wrap or two around TWO of the Shorted coil turns THAT would INDUCE flow in the thing and then let the sane length of the neutral wire pass through the split bolt connector (by making a bald insulation removal space
                for electrical conductivity and amperage transference) then the ugly old dead thing Could be made useful. The continuation of this same wire can then be connected to the ground earth return and then jointly to a LOAD terminal strip. The Neutral/Earth connection to loads plus the Line feed should then be a power supply with plenty of voltage and amperage.

I will give all of this a trial in the next few days to come.
                I am half way through with the winds on the first Toroid and will finish and check balance on it later today.
                SOLO TRANSFORMER illustration attached in thumbnail.

Later J,

CLARENCE
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
                  Wantomake,

I measured the Ohm value on the primary of both my primary only toroids.
                  They both measured 1.2 ohms. Yours should measure the same.
                  Have decided to do the SOLO Transformer setup also.
                  Have been thinking long and hard about the shorted 1.0 AWG thing.
                  I know for a fact that there is NO inductive capability in it whatsoever. The only thing it has left alone by it self is an internal high amperage value which can be adjusted by larger AWG wire size AND more passes thru the center of the solo toroid.
                  It bothers me that they put this thing in their system. They are definitely NOT dummies. A typical component in an electrical system should have
                  conductivity - inductance - and transference. To me since it has NONE of these, the only thing to do is GIVE them to it!
                  If the LIVE alternation of the NEUTRAL WIRE output from the toroid were to FIRST
                  make a wrap or two around TWO of the Shorted coil turns THAT would INDUCE flow in the thing and then let the sane length of the neutral wire pass through the split bolt connector (by making a bald insulation removal space
                  for electrical conductivity and amperage transference) then the ugly old dead thing Could be made useful. The continuation of this same wire can then be connected to the ground earth return and then jointly to a LOAD terminal strip. The Neutral/Earth connection to loads plus the Line feed should then be a power supply with plenty of voltage and amperage.

I will give all of this a trial in the next few days to come.
                  I am half way through with the winds on the first Toroid and will finish and check balance on it later today.
                  SOLO TRANSFORMER illustration attached in thumbnail.

Later J,

CLARENCE
                  Clarence,
                  Somebody had a good cup of Joe today.

I can't add anything to that post.

Conductivity and amerage transference seems to stop the whole train. Is there suppose to be a transference of amps from the loop to the ground grid wire wrapped around it? Or does that 90 degree wrap cause the electrons to move in a certain direction in the loop? Simply where does the current to power any load come from?

I hate these questions too.
                  wantomake

Comment

• Nice questions! And we"re going to find out!

Clarence,

Conductivity and amerage transference seems to stop the whole train. Is there suppose to be a transference of amps from the loop to the ground grid wire wrapped around it? Or does that 90 degree wrap cause the electrons to move in a certain direction in the loop? Simply where does the current to power any load come from?

wantomake
                    Wantomake ,

Those are nice valid questions - very very reasonable.

As soon as I have my first with it's balanced secondary Toroid completed I am going to do that very build I mentioned and we will get some yes or no's.

I had to make a trip to town today to get some 3/4 inch wide beige masking tape to cover over between the winding layers to stop eye confusion and show only each new individual turn without seeing it AND the previous layer winds at the same time. You Know bout dat.
                    Also picked up Some black and white small AWG gauge stranded wire for the
                    secondary input and output leads.

So now I am back to finishing the last of the winding for the secondary.
                    I also received my 150 volt GDT,s in from mouser and will put one ofthem in the build also. It will link the ground return straight back to the Toroid INPUT
                    hot lead which comes from the mains (or inverter) breaker (safety feature
                    they included in order to have their Patent APPROVED).
                    You need to bear in mind this is NOT connected to the Toroid SECONDARY output HOT lead so it is still NOT a DIRECT connection to the mains with respect to the energy production of the system!

Will try to make the # 1.0 coil look less like a dung pile than previously.

Enough talking, back to working and Sippin.

Clarence

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                      Clarence,

wantomake
                      Wantomake,

Finished the toroid secondary put the setup back together and let the secondary neutral output make a couple of wraps around the shorted loop coil and then on to join the ground return line and then to load terminal.
                      Powered up and did a couple of loads as trials.

Nothing great or outstanding about any of it. After awhile the secondary
                      of the toroid began to show some heat so stopped the unit. This effort to me didn't prove anything so far.?

Am going to wind the other toroid and do the series transformer thing. ??

Clarence

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
                        Wantomake,

Finished the toroid secondary put the setup back together and let the secondary neutral output make a couple of wraps around the shorted loop coil and then on to join the ground return line and then to load terminal.
                        Powered up and did a couple of loads as trials.

Nothing great or outstanding about any of it. After awhile the secondary
                        of the toroid began to show some heat so stopped the unit. This effort to me didn't prove anything so far.?

Am going to wind the other toroid and do the series transformer thing. ??

Clarence
                        Clarence,
                        Good morning coffee and friend !!!

You seem to be getting closer to finding the answer. Will be a few days more until the financial allows me to get caught up with you. Meanwhile still looking over notes and web to find something to contribute here.

This kinda reminds me of Thane Heins Bitt setup with the transformer and coil configurations. Was studying more on transference and stumbled across his invention. His primary voltage is amazingly low with higher secondary output. Of course I've not the vocabulary to discuss his work here.

But there's a similar effect of energy happening between this coil,loop, and smaller (coil)wrap around the loop.

Darn it. If I'd been born smart instead of a coffee lover, we would be finished with this already.

Back to studying with hot cup of coffee,
                        wantomake

Comment

• Make me laugh

Hello Wantomake you make me laugh a lot with Darn it. If I'd been born smart instead of a coffee lover, we would be finished with this already. Thanks a lot. First laugh in the morning.

Comment

• Back to illustration schematic

Clarence,
                            Good morning coffee and friend !!!

You seem to be getting closer to finding the answer. Will be a few days more until the financial allows me to get caught up with you. Meanwhile still looking over notes and web to find something to contribute here.

This kinda reminds me of Thane Heins Bitt setup with the transformer and coil configurations. Was studying more on transference and stumbled across his invention. His primary voltage is amazingly low with higher secondary output. Of course I've not the vocabulary to discuss his work here.

But there's a similar effect of energy happening between this coil,loop, and smaller (coil)wrap around the loop.

Darn it. If I'd been born smart instead of a coffee lover, we would be finished with this already.

Back to studying with hot cup of coffee,
                            wantomake
                            Wanyomake.

Took the primary only coil I had just wound and took the new secondary wing back off of it. All it did was THROW it's load right back on the primary
                            so that route sucks big time.

So now will do the two primary only toroids with the two winds directly on top
                            of the primary winding themselves and NOT on top of the core. Will see if that helps or not.
                            Never know when working with this creature.
                            It shows the two winds of the ground return wire only on ONE of the winds on the bottom torroid.
                            Will do all of that and see how it goes??

EDIT: Had to reorder some more 150 v GDT's from mouser. the last two Fried instantly.
                            Wrong type I guess?

Clarence
                            Last edited by clarence; 08-06-2017, 05:50 PM. Reason: ????

Comment

• Still here

Clarence,
                              Woke up to rain here. Very much needed. Grass is brown. Noticed some cows lounging around on chairs sipping lemonade next to a pool cause there's nothing but hay to eat.

I did try some different loop and coil configurations yesterday just to test some ideas. Nothing worthy to post happened. Placed the primary only toroid(call it"B") in the loop with the coil ("A")and noticed the amps (on the loop)drop to zero if there's no load or short across "B". With "B" loaded or shorted the amperage reads 65~70 Amps in the loop. Big question mark there.

Hope all goes well with your tests and trials.

Coffee in hand, sipping on rainy front porch,
                              Life is good.
                              wantomake

Comment

• Progress made with two toroid method

Clarence,
                                Woke up to rain here. Very much needed. Grass is brown. Noticed some cows lounging around on chairs sipping lemonade next to a pool cause there's nothing but hay to eat.

I did try some different loop and coil configurations yesterday just to test some ideas. Nothing worthy to post happened. Placed the primary only toroid(call it"B") in the loop with the coil ("A")and noticed the amps (on the loop)drop to zero if there's no load or short across "B". With "B" loaded or shorted the amperage reads 65~70 Amps in the loop. Big question mark there.

Hope all goes well with your tests and trials.

Coffee in hand, sipping on rainy front porch,
                                Life is good.
                                wantomake
                                Wantomake,

Did make some progress and gain some noteworthy knowledge at the same time using the two toroid opposing face to face method.

With the two wraps strictly around the primary windings and NOT around the
                                open CORE body at all (that's a NO! NO!) using # 12 gauge stranded wire
                                I got a reading of Twenty AC volts from either end of the wraps back to toroid Line input. It didn't make a damn which end you measured from back to AC line input it always measures the same. That is because the two toroids are opposite faced making each of the ends IN PHASE with each other.
                                So no problem hooking both ends together and using that joint connection as the neutral for a load terminal with the hot lead to the two toroids as the
                                line input for loads.
                                made the loop connection as the schemo shows but haven't got into that yet.

Since the two wraps only produced 20 volts that means each of the wraps gives 10 volts AC neutral output. In a nut shell I have to redo and make a total of 12 wraps on each of the toroid primary winds - this will give me 120 volts to work with and get on with trials involving the ground connection.

Busy farm day today moving bulls back to their separate pasture zones, their entertainment of the ladies is over till next summer!

Off and on rain here and hot.

Later J,

Clarence
                                Last edited by clarence; 08-07-2017, 01:42 PM. Reason: wrong size wire stated!

Comment

Working...
                                X