Barbosa and Leal Devices - Info and Replication Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wantomake,

Loving hearing from you. Like the coffee part too, Just had mine - feel better.
    I'll try to answer a few questions I think I see in your posts.
    No there is no input toground. Here's What the GDT does: Once its break over Voltage
    is reached and passed (90 volts in this case)Then regardless of the input voltage the
    voltage that it will allow thru DROPS to or around 60 volts. The OTHER voltage that is needed comes from the ground via the ground rod grid line (GREEN LINE) . In this case that voltage is supplied by the Utility Company through it's own grounding system. Loving It ! So did B&L in Brazil !
    Instead of the Utility Company supplying ALL the AMPERAGE the CAPTOR ALSO supplies
    AMPERAGE by INDUCTING it INTO the # 6 AWG wire with it's turn and a half around the LOOP COIL.

The Smart Charger and Inverter are not in the picture because I am strictly using
    Utility Company Power in the case. NO batteries, No Inverter, No chargers of any kind.

Do you have Utility power at your shop or No ?
    If you use an inverter that has a built in GFCI as a plug in it may auto kick off when you switch it on. I purposely used the Go Power 300 watt inverter because it did not have
    a GFCI plug in - It would just growl like a mad dog and maybe shut of or not.
    You can also just build whats in the photo and the take it up to you house if you have any ground rods there.

Any way, what ever route you go give me a holler back when you can.
    My new monthly utility bill account starts today so I am going to use it to run my frig and microwave for all of this new time and then compare bill time- use hours and cost
    for this period. It should for sure be less. I will post all that info here on the forum when it comes in.

Enough talk.

Thanks J ,

Clarence
    Last edited by clarence; 07-21-2017, 02:25 PM. Reason: added info.

Comment

• Cool

For this new design, how many ground rods are needed?

Comment

• Part "B" of last post

Originally posted by clarence View Post
        Wantomake,

Loving hearing from you. Like the coffee part too, Just had mine - feel better.
        I'll try to answer a few questions I think I see in your posts.
        No there is no input toground. Here's What the GDT does: Once its break over Voltage
        is reached and passed (90 volts in this case)Then regardless of the input voltage the
        voltage that it will allow thru DROPS to or around 60 volts. The OTHER voltage that is needed comes from the ground via the ground rod grid line (GREEN LINE) . In this case that voltage is supplied by the Utility Company through it's own grounding system. Loving It ! So did B&L in Brazil !
        Instead of the Utility Company supplying ALL the AMPERAGE the CAPTOR ALSO supplies
        AMPERAGE by INDUCTING it INTO the # 6 AWG wire with it's turn and a half around the LOOP COIL.

The Smart Charger and Inverter are not in the picture because I am strictly using
        Utility Company Power in the case. NO batteries, No Inverter, No chargers of any kind.

Do you have Utility power at your shop or No ?
        If you use an inverter that has a built in GFCI as a plug in it may auto kick off when you switch it on. I purposely used the Go Power 300 watt inverter because it did not have
        a GFCI plug in - It would just growl like a mad dog and maybe shut of or not.
        You can also just build whats in the photo and the take it up to you house if you have any ground rods there.

Any way, what ever route you go give me a holler back when you can.
        My new monthly utility bill account starts today so I am going to use it to run my frig and microwave for all of this new time and then compare bill time- use hours and cost
        for this period. It should for sure be less. I will post all that info here on the forum when it comes in.

Enough talk.

Thanks J ,

Clarence
        Clarence,
        Ok, you're using mains power. The shop is solar only. I can run a long drop cord to get mains. But I did get part way on the reassembly before leaving this morning. My inverter doesn't have GFCI as it's not growled at me any. But I did purchase a smaller inverter 750 watts pure sine wave I believe.

I'll take this tablet to refer to your picture I downloaded.

Will post results.
        wantomake

Comment

• GDT size?

Clarence,
          These are the numbers on the GDT package.
          Y08SV-272B
          Sankosha
          Qty 10

I think these are wrong voltage, size or something. I got a drop cord down to the shop. Plugged it into a GFCI receptacle and it (growled) tripped the reset button. Ok. Makes sense. So plugged in to a non GFCI receptacle and no problems. The power stops at the GDT. I carefully touch a 120 ac neon lamp across the GDT block connections and the load gets voltage. A lot of voltage. The neon almost melts!!!!! That's a direct short from hot to ground I know, but it's not that much voltage usually.

But what do you think. Are these the wrong size GDT?

I have more questions but those can wait.
          wantomake
          Edit: Datasheet says 250 volt ac rating. So I need correct size.
          Last edited by wantomake; 07-21-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Mine already in use today

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
            Clarence,
            Ok, you're using mains power. The shop is solar only. I can run a long drop cord to get mains. But I did get part way on the reassembly before leaving this morning. My inverter doesn't have GFCI as it's not growled at me any. But I did purchase a smaller inverter 750 watts pure sine wave I believe.

I'll take this tablet to refer to your picture I downloaded.

Will post results.
            wantomake
            Wanto make ,

Sounds good to me.
            Used mine on microwave a couple of times today.
            My drop cord to it is a # 10/3 50 foot and gets the job done. If yours is longer it might drop some voltage and change power range of a micro-
            but I'm sure you already know that. Just thinking to my self.

Hope you results are as good or better than mine. I say that only because of soil resistivity with respect every different location. This reclaimed swamp/rice land I don't believe is to hot.

Best to you,

Clarence

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
              Wantomake,

Here is the Photo and the connections shown in it.
              Holler back when you can or want.

Respectfully,

Clarence

Comment

• Depends

Originally posted by digits10 View Post
                For this new design, how many ground rods are needed?
                digits10,

If you are using mains - probably one.

If you don't have the special toroid 660 turn # 20 AWG thatWantomake and I built the don't waste you time or effort. You will get nowhere in a hurry.
                Sorry bout that.

Best,

Clarence

Comment

• Winners

Clarence,
                  What's the numbers on your GDT package? I believe i have the wrong voltage size.

wantomake

Comment

• Progress

Clarence,
                    Great. Mains & a ground rod is no problem here. Any chance of sending a diagram when it's convenient? I started (and stopped) with the two toroid transformer design back at the beginning of the year. Looks like I need a single coil & a gdt?
                    On an aside - so the electricity being pulled (the extra amps) - where is it coming from? Radiant energy or something?

Comment

• Gdt

Clarence,
                      What's the numbers on your GDT package? I believe i have the wrong voltage size.

wantomake
                      Wanto make,

Sorry was offline.
                      Got it from DigiKey Their # 800 344-4539
                      Actual GDT is90 V 20% 1oka Through Hole

Hope this Helps,

Clarence

Comment

• Questions

Originally posted by digits10 View Post
                        Clarence,
                        Great. Mains & a ground rod is no problem here. Any chance of sending a diagram when it's convenient? I started (and stopped) with the two toroid transformer design back at the beginning of the year. Looks like I need a single coil & a gdt?
                        On an aside - so the electricity being pulled (the extra amps) - where is it coming from? Radiant energy or something?
                        digits10,

I don't do diagrams or schematics.
                        Look at the last photo I sent to Wantomake - it says it all.
                        The toroid , as I said, has a special CORE with a special 660 turn winding.

The unit is constructed so that the extra comes from the GROUND!

Best, Clarence

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
                          digits10,

I don't do diagrams or schematics.
                          Look at the last photo I sent to Wantomake - it says it all.
                          The toroid , as I said, has a special CORE with a special 660 turn winding.

The unit is constructed so that the extra comes from the GROUND!

Best, Clarence
                          digits10

The attachment shows where you can order the same build that We made by hand. The lead time for one of these orders is two weeks.

Best,

Clarence
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Ordered

Originally posted by clarence View Post
                            Wanto make,

Sorry was offline.
                            Got it from DigiKey Their # 800 344-4539
                            Actual GDT is90 V 20% 1oka Through Hole

Hope this Helps,

Clarence
                            Clarence,
                            Got three ordered. Not sure delivery date yet.

Anyone interested, here is the link to the one I ordered:
                            https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...9-B-ND/1219534

Hope the link works,
                            wantomake

Comment

• Size

Clarence,

Hope the link works,
                              wantomake
                              Wantomake ,

If you have anything lower than 90 you cal use that . say a 75 v?
                              EDIT: Did you see the info on the order method for the same toroid coil we made?

Clarence
                              Last edited by clarence; 07-21-2017, 08:58 PM. Reason: Added Info

Comment

• Keep after it

Clarence,

Hope the link works,
                                wantomake
                                Wantomake,

Tomorrow AM I will be helping my daughter-in-law in stall a new water well tank.
                                However I will be checking in quite often to see if you need anything.

Best to you J ,

Clarence

Comment

Working...
                                X