X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks good

Originally posted by clarence
    Wantomake,

Just a few quick words. I finally have my solid iron core ready and am ready to apply the 660 coil turns.
    Took a long time and lots of effort - shortly should be able to test the iron for magnet ability.
    Then will go from there.

Clarence
    Hey Clarence,
    Looks good. Been trying some simple test on mine. Wrapped a short 10 foot piece of mag wire around one side and placed a compass next to the core. Used a 9 volt battery to touch to the two wire ends momentarily. The compass needle jump back and forth for a minute or so after the voltage was applied for just a second. Then the compass would settle down.

Hope this is PMH in this iron core I'm seeing. Or whatever it's interesting. Can't wait for mag wire to come in and wrap this core to extract that earth energy.

Will wait to see your results,
    wantomake

Comment

• Try this

Originally posted by fer123 View Post
      Hello Mr Clarence and All.

The construction of the toroid look complicate but what I can see after long time decoding that picture is on top of the primary is two bucking coils, when you see the toroid picture from the center left two wire connected together and look one wire only for left and only one wire for right, the end two wires one is connected to blue?? going to load ,and other?? big question. They do the winding to be confuse whit bifilar coils but I don't thing so. Best wish.
      Fer123,
      Give this cold rolled iron toroid a try. Follow Clarence instructions to wind it. Let us know what you get. Use 20 gauge magnet wire.

wantomake

Comment

• Toroide

Hello Wantomake, I will try to replicate It with cold rolled steel, I will try to follow Mr Clarence instruction but most of the time he goes one step further, thanks we keep in contact. Best wish.
        Last edited by fer123; 05-09-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fer123 View Post
          Hello Wantomake, I will try to replicate It with cold rolled steel, I will try to follow Mr Clarence instruction but most of the time he goes one step further, thanks we keep in contact. Best wish.
          Hello fer123,

Any time you need info or how-to just let me know and I will be glad to help!
          In the next days -for you I will show layer by layer turns so you can always
          come on line and look back to see what and how was done.

Thanks,

Clarence
          Last edited by clarence; 05-10-2017, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• First layer

fer123

First layer - 266 turns # 20 Mag wire.
            Now will reverse winds back to beginning for second layer

Later

Clarence
            Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good

Originally posted by clarence View Post
              fer123

First layer - 266 turns # 20 Mag wire.
              Now will reverse winds back to beginning for second layer

Later

Clarence
              Clarence,
              Nice windings. My core is 2" long so it may take 330 turns per layer. The ID being 3.25" should be large enough to use good size spool to hold wire as I wrap the core.

Fer123,
              The size of the core is 5.1" OD x 3.25" ID x 1 1/2" or 2" long. Clarence and I are trying to get our builds close to same as possible to exchange notes as we go. I've been following his instructions mostly as we build.

Let us know how it goes,
              wantomake

Comment

• Second layer information

fer123

When you reach the point of turn #number 330 STOP and make a simple loop
                in the mag wire of about 2 inches as shown in the photo.
                Cut three small pieces of shrink tubing and place them one at a time shrunk on the small loopThen continue on for several more turns and then stop again
                so you can put a couple drops of super glue around the base of the heat shrink
                to keep everything in place and prevent the mag wire from crossing over itself.

I used brown grocery bag paper between layers as they did. will not use paper on the last layer though - to much trouble to keep it in place while winding.
                Instead will use some colored painters masking tape to cover the outside
                and inside edges - it sticks by itself and is going to be covered anyway!

WHY USE TAPE OR PAPER?
                Damn simple really!!!! If you would be looking at mag wire turns on top of previous layer turns of mag wire it only takes about two minutes for your eyes and brain to lose focus- it would get where you could not tell which was which and soon you would be crossing over turns you had just made!! THAT IS A NO NO!
                The difference in color removes that problem.
                DO NOT USE INSULATION TAPE! USE the masking tape !
                Insulation tape prevents you from being able to slide the mag wire up close to itself on the previous turn on the inside of the core. you want ALL of the inside of the turns without gaps.
                The turns on the outside of the core can and will have gaps because of the difference in circumference.

Hope all this helps.

Onward,

Clarence
                Attached Files

Comment

• toroid

Thanks for the step by step instructions mr Clarence and Wantomake, I have to wait for the wire because I was doing the 2 coils one beside the other and spent all of It ,now much more clear.I'll be collecting the info from you, hope we have the desire output. Best wish.

Comment

• Waiting

fer123,
                    I'm waiting on my wire also. Should be here on or before Saturday.

I hate the waiting.
                    wantomake

Comment

• Layers and turns finished

Thanks for the step by step instructions mr Clarence and Wantomake, I have to wait for the wire because I was doing the 2 coils one beside the other and spent all of It ,now much more clear.I'll be collecting the info from you, hope we have the desire output. Best wish.
                      fer123,

Finished the all the layers and turns:
                      1. first layer = 266 turns.
                      2. second layer = 266 turns
                      3. partial third layer = 128 turns
                      Total turns = 660 turns

As you can see in the photo I covered all the previous turns of the second layer with a single layer wrapping of some cheapo masking tape. served it's purpose and worked nice.

Tomorrow I will measure the inductance and ohm values to see what they are. Will also pulse it two separate times amounting to a full second each time with a 12v dc battery to see if it retains a magnet characteristic in the core.

Will go from there.

Later,

Clarence
                      Attached Files

Comment

• .finished product

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                        fer123,
                        I'm waiting on my wire also. Should be here on or before Saturday.

I hate the waiting.
                        wantomake
                        Wantomake,

This is the finished product.
                        Will do some tests on it tomorrow
                        to see if it was worth the effort.

Hope yours is easy to get done brother!
                        Hope the same for you too fer123.

Sincerely,

Clarence
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Toroid

Hello Mr Clarece your toroid look pro, not only nice but really complicate to replicate without your step by step, thanks. Hope the test is positive because you deserve It, for your effort, perseverance.

Comment

• Thanks

Hello Mr Clarece your toroid look pro, not only nice but really complicate to replicate without your step by step, thanks. Hope the test is positive because you deserve It, for your effort, perseverance.
                            fer123.

Thanks Sir!
                            your kindness is always evident and well appreciated.

Best wishes Sir,

Clarence

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
                              Wantomake,

This is the finished product.
                              Will do some tests on it tomorrow
                              to see if it was worth the effort.

Hope yours is easy to get done brother!
                              Hope the same for you too fer123.

Sincerely,

Clarence
                              Clarence,
                              Me too on the effort part. I've been disappointed many times with builds that didn't produce. But I guess it's part of this FE journey to set us all free.

Thanks for the encouragement I hope so too.

I'll have this Kindle tablet close so I can check in.
                              wantomake
                              Last edited by wantomake; 05-11-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Small tests

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                                Clarence,
                                Me too on the effort part. I've been disappointed many times with builds that didn't produce. But I guess it's part of this FE journey to set us all free.

Thanks for the encouragement I hope so too.

I'll have this Kindle tablet close so I can check in.
                                wantomake
                                Wantomake,

Checked coil continuity and was good.
                                Checked coil ohms and was 2.9 ohms - the unit Arivaldo broke down
                                and made measurements on years back - his coil ohm reading was 3 ohms
                                with 600 turns so don't see any earth shaking difference in that.
                                Checked the coils inductance reading and it was .154 Henry .
                                The Arivaldo unit was .21 Henry and B&L told him it should be tween .060
                                to .080 Henry. The difference in all is due to the particular metal and shape and dimensions of the core - mine is somewhere in the middle so I'm not
                                upset about that reading either.

When I started to set the toroid unit in place to get my whole unit ready for testing I saw that I will have stabilize and strengthen the input and output
                                leads with # 10 wire and strong heat shrink tube cause the 20 AWG mag wire wont handle much abuse for sure.

A lot more other daily needs and farm work have priority right now so testing and results will take back seat at present.

Till Later,

Clarence

Comment

Working...
                                X