Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
    Clerance and others,
    Just a quick thought and question about the telluric currents that flow north and south here in south east. Reading this subject is educational and strange. But is this a current(as in electrical) or wave we are attempting to capture? If current then the rods need to be in direct contact with the dirt. But if wave then could the energy be captured by rods in the ground but not contacting the dirt?

I'm still playing around with the "Kurt oscillator" using car coils and Darlington pair and drove a piece of pvc in the ground with sealed bottom to keep water out. Dropped galvanized landscaping nail in it with wire attached. Placed it south and have a 8' copper pipe in the ground north. Then placed a return pipe(copper) west as a return. AC will not record on the meter, but rectified dc does.

This isn't helpful since this is about capturing ac from the earth. But just trying every way to tap into earthship power.
    wantomake
    Hello wantomake,

as a famous saying goes "I want to make one thing perfectly clear...." HA!HA!
    most people - at least I perceive it so - when they speak of "current" in reference to anything electrical are speaking as a COMBO value ie. meaning
    Voltage/amperage . I never confuse the issue. if I am speaking with reference to a voltage value I say VOLTAGE. if I am speaking of a amperage
    value I say AMPERAGE.

a particular case in point is how I determined the magnetic anomaly for my site location. I found that whether I had a continuous string of equal spaced
    series connected rods in a 10 ft string or 20 ft string or 30 ft string or 40 ft string or 60 ft string and whether they faced north, south, east, or west NEVER MADE ONE IOTA OF DIFFERENCE AT ALL in a reading I could get easily! the value ALWAYS came out basically the SAME. what I would do is take my Fluke DVMM and set it on DC voltage and then take the red probe and insert it into the end of the wire at the beginning rod in the connected series and then PUSH the BLACK probe down directly into THE EARTH and it would immediately start a DC reading in voltage on the meter and would climb fairly fast until it would reach a same average reading and then STOP.

what it was doing was reading the potential CONSTANT that was being given to it by the earth for my location and dumping it back to ground enabling a reading.

When I figured out what was going on then I went to a GEOMAGNETIC MAP
    and saw right away that that value coincided EXACTLY to my site location!

the map came with a colored scale value chart that was rated in TESLA values but my 0.467 DC voltage agreed even with those values!
    I should have attached that scale before I made this reply but i failed to do so. now i will have to include it in a next post.

thanks

Clarence

Comment

• Map

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
      Clerance and others,
      Just a quick thought and question about the telluric currents that flow north and south here in south east. Reading this subject is educational and strange. But is this a current(as in electrical) or wave we are attempting to capture? If current then the rods need to be in direct contact with the dirt. But if wave then could the energy be captured by rods in the ground but not contacting the dirt?

I'm still playing around with the "Kurt oscillator" using car coils and Darlington pair and drove a piece of pvc in the ground with sealed bottom to keep water out. Dropped galvanized landscaping nail in it with wire attached. Placed it south and have a 8' copper pipe in the ground north. Then placed a return pipe(copper) west as a return. AC will not record on the meter, but rectified dc does.

This isn't helpful since this is about capturing ac from the earth. But just trying every way to tap into earthship power.
      wantomake
      Hello,

this is the scale and part of the map I mentioned.
      having learned how lousy my location was with respect to the earth magnetic field helped explain to me my need for 60 + rods.

hope that helps somehow.

Clarence
      Last edited by clarence; 03-26-2016, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• scale amount?

Thanks Clarence,
        I looked up my area and the value is 188-251nT. From the map scale this was the highest.

I get .86-1 volt dc from my fluke meter. Straight measurements from the dirt.

wantomake
        Last edited by wantomake; 04-20-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Nice!

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
          Thanks Clarence,
          I looked up my area and the value is 188-251nT. From the map scale this was the highest.

I get .86-1 volt dc from my fluke meter. Straight measurements from the dirt.

wantomake
          Hello wantomake,

that really sounds NICE for you!

woluld LOVE to have that area!!!!!!

Best to you Sir,

Clarence

Comment

• Is the drawing still incorrect?

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

Yes I am wondering if this last drawing is perfect. Thanks for flagging me on this entry and will can change it if needed. This is the purpose of repeating the drawings so we are all very sure.

According to Clarence last post the 4awg winding are wound one clockwise and the other counter clockwise from top to bottom and the wires on the bottom connect straight across and the wires on the upper portion connect straight across to each other. No crisscrossing of wires please.

This is the way i see his post and If I am wrong Clarence will correct me.

Here is the latest full Clarence schematic.

Hi BroMikey - and greetings to everyone else here. I have been following this thread and I have finally come to a point where my mind won't wrap around something. 2 Things to be exact.

1. I have noticed that the 4 AWG wire in this drawing is not the same as the wire in Clarence's photo. I see that it was noticed but I don't see where the correct drawing is posted. Is there a corrected drawing? In Clarence's photo the wire that leaves the bottom of the winding on the left toroid connects to the wire at the top of the winding on the right and the wire that comes from the bottom of the winding on the right connects to the wire at the top of the winding on the left.

2. I don't understand how the primary(L/N) winding can be clockwise on the left toroid and counter clockwise on the right toroid (I am referring to the drawing here). No matter which way you turn a toroid with a CW winding, it always remains a clockwise winding . Which means the only way this is possible is if you order the toroids wound one CW and one CCW... Is this what we are supposed to do? I cannot find any reference in the discussion on ordering differently wound toroids. So please tell me am I smoking crack or is this drawing misleading?
            When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. Its only difficult for others. Its the same when you are stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
              Right-ONow yer cookin
              so whats the core type ?
              Hope Clarence can enlighten us before we cook our toroids lol

Comment

• Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                so whats the core type ?
                Hope Clarence can enlighten us before we cook our toroids lol
                Exactly what you said it was Grain oriented silicone...........Etc....

It is the industry standard FOR 60hz/50hz

Ferrite's generally (Not always) are for audio frequencies and up. That is pulse tech/switchmode.

You need the cheap stuff but they are heavy.

I will say this again.

When you find a 60hz core forsale GET the "VOLTS/TURN" number.

I refer you to the previously displayed charts. ALPHA CORE DIRECT.

This company sells cores as well, without the wire on it. Their division to sell
                you a core is NOT Tortran. Their core company NAME is ALPHA CORE DIRECT

So go to their core selection guide @ ALPHA CORE DIRECT

In the selection guide for a 5.2' dia (O.D.) O.D.=outer diameter

Now look for the VOLTS/TURN.

When you find it "the price is" I think $30? Maybe $35 + Shipping

Once you get the idea what you need then you can look around
                and you will know what you are looking for.

Stick with me.

Mikey

Comment

• Originally posted by Fjohnnyb View Post
                  Hi BroMikey - and greetings to everyone else here. I have been following this thread and I have finally come to a point where my mind won't wrap around something. 2 Things to be exact.

1. I have noticed that the 4 AWG wire in this drawing is not the same as the wire in Clarence's photo. I see that it was noticed but I don't see where the correct drawing is posted. Is there a corrected drawing? In Clarence's photo the wire that leaves the bottom of the winding on the left toroid connects to the wire at the top of the winding on the right and the wire that comes from the bottom of the winding on the right connects to the wire at the top of the winding on the left.

2. I don't understand how the primary(L/N) winding can be clockwise on the left toroid and counter clockwise on the right toroid (I am referring to the drawing here). No matter which way you turn a toroid with a CW winding, it always remains a clockwise winding . Which means the only way this is possible is if you order the toroids wound one CW and one CCW... Is this what we are supposed to do? I cannot find any reference in the discussion on ordering differently wound toroids. So please tell me am I smoking crack or is this drawing misleading?
                  Dude keep looking at it. This is the updated drawing. follow the wires with your finger around as you wind from the top down. The top down.

Start at the TOP. Did you see it? CW and CCW? You will.The primaries are opposite wound.

Comment

• Pay attention! Please!

Originally posted by Fjohnnyb View Post

Hello Fjohnnyb,

1. the toroid primaries are NOT WOUND DIFFERENTLY!!! PERIOD!
                    they are EXACTLY THE SAME!

2. IT IS THE WAY YOU ORIENT THE TOROIDS TO EACH OTHER THAT ACHIEVES THE CW AND CCW EFFECT THAT IS NECESSARY!!!!!!!!!

3. when you wind the #4 wire secondary as I have showed you (PHOTO ATTACHED AGAIN) you ESTABLISH THE CW AND CCW on EACH of the toroids!!!!!!

4, after you have wound each secondary PROPERLY then take BOTH THE
                    toroids and place them side by side IN FRONT OF YOU!!!!
                    then take the left toroid assembly and spin it around in FRONT of the
                    other one!!!! what you have accomplished by this is to ORIENTATE the
                    toroids in the PROPER MANNER OF CW/CCW - CW/CCW.

5. now connect top #4 to top#4
                    now connect bottom #4 to Bottom #4

their is NO CROSSING FROM BOTTOM TO TOP OR TOP TO BOTTOM AT ALL!!!!!!

I fail to understand what is so difficult for you to understand this SIMPLE process.

JUST LOOK AND STUDY THE PHOTOS!

best to all,

Clarence
                    Last edited by clarence; 03-26-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• okay let me say first of all that I still am working on the drawing VS
                      the pictures myself. Thank you for being patient. Let me think about
                      my drawing some more and I will be back to show you what I think
                      I am doing wrong.

The biggest problem I am having is with the statement that both
                      toroidal are wound the same.

If both toroids are wound the same then I am lost.

Mikey PS I apologize for the delay and will do my best to study the diagrams. Wait I think I see it now
                      Last edited by BroMikey; 04-21-2015, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Clarence I need to ask you if Tortran sends you both toroids with
                        there primary windings CW or CCW? If they are both the same?

Or does one toroid say PART 1 and the other say PART 2 ???

If they are both wound the same then are they wound CW or CCW?

I see you have wound on the 4awg secondaries very clearly but my
                        question is are the primaries identical.

I have been involved with groups who wind toroids CCW in the northern hemisphere and the folks in the southern Hemisphere wind them CW, so
                        I know the difference.

But like you say, in relationship to what? Well, in relationship to the secondary I guess is what we are talking about.

I am making some drawings and will show them off soon.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Michael Rowland (Central Kansas)

Comment

• Clarence thank you very much for all of the efforts you are going through to try an help people figure this stuff out. I had a couple of questions I was hoping you could answer for me.

1. On your inverter kill-a-watt meter, when under a load of say your refrigerator or shop-vac what is the wattage or amperage reading? I would imagine it would be close to zero because of the reflected power correct?

2. Your battery charger, is there a need to have such an expensive one vs something like a simple 20amp car battery charger?

Comment

• In this discussion we will take a look at the winding directions of
                            a toroidal transformer. In the diagram CCW means
                            (COUNTER CLOCKWISE) and CW = (CLOCKWISE).

At no time can a CW wound winding ever become a CCW winding
                            without removing the wire and rewinding in the opposite direction.

In these 4 stations we are looking at the Primary winding. During our
                            review we may discovery that Tortran is sending Clarence identically
                            wound Toroid's and primaries in one direction only.

If this is true then we may conclude that for the primaries connected to the inverter in parallel opposing windings are not good for the project. Up until now all we have to go on concerning the primaries is that TORTRAN winds them.

In the event we find that both Tortran winds are either CCW or they are both CW, we can conclude a number of things. In other words if we
                            find that the Tortran special order transformers are NOT a right and left set
                            then we can go forward for the purpose of dissecting this project.

If so this would make my new diagram incorrect.

Comment

• Next I did what I was told to do. Clarence said to do this several
                              times and i failed to give proper attention to his foto.

I have enlarged and grey scaled his foto into what looks more
                              like a drawing now, so we can get our focus off of the pretty colors
                              and more onto the actual path the the secondary windings take.

I have used a yellow drawing pencil to chart the direction of
                              each winding. THEY ARE BOTH CCW WOUND.

I never noticed this before now and I repeat the secondaries
                              are both wound exactly the same as Clarence has stated before.

Sorry Clarence I don't know what's wrong with
                              me sometimes. I would start up my violin of troubles and excuses
                              but I hate to bust out balling nation wide

Okay back to the drawing board. My diagram is out of wack and I
                              will fix it now. I do not know if the primaries are CCW or CW but
                              it does not appear to be significant.

What is important is that Clarence got me to look close and the 2 CCW secondaries must be crisscross connected, so I will correct the Diagrams.

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-21-2015, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• Forget the CW / CCW notion.

Primaries are built with the same winding tool (Tortran manufacturer)

Primaries ares connected : Black toroid wire to black toroid wire to Line (inverter)
                                White wire to white wire to Neutral
                                So primaries are in phase

Secondaries are identically wound ( by us)
                                and connected in phase (top to top, bottom to bottom)
                                ALL THE TIME, the 2 transformers try to produce the same secondary currents
                                which cancel each other out.
                                We get a loop without huge current and then no big primary power demand.

Clarence, correct me if this is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X