Barbosa and Leal Devices - Info and Replication Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by masen View Post
    What type of grounding rod is best? Do they need to be copper coated? Does galvanized work or stainless steel?
    The earth is a big ball of steel/iron so when the energy sees a steel rod
    that is nothing special to the earth. The copper is something special to
    electrical charges because copper has a very low resistance.

So when the energy sees your copper rod it wants to go to the path
    or least resistance leaving the high resistance path through the iron ball.

Stick with Clarence and his gift to us. Receive his gift of many man hours
    of trial and error. All of Clarence struggles to overcome the lies of the patent
    documents. Clarence gift is only good if we all receive it.

Thanks Clarence, I heard you the first time

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
      Welcome

484 is your number for 60hz 234vac or 220vac some say 240vac.

Be sure you tell me the size of your toroids. If they are close to Bridgeports then you will be right on. It is the industry standard in most cases.

You will be right on.

Me and hitby are thinking send some ac into the captor at 30,000volts.

The captor excites AND injects ac power using rods then collects many times more from the earth.

But you are going to be away from this design so i hope everything works out. Gotta try something.
      im planning to do the same inject hv from the two prinaries from the 2 ignition coils in last hitbys video to generate current in the captor

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
        The earth is a big ball of steel/iron so when the energy sees a steel rod
        that is nothing special to the earth. The copper is something special to
        electrical charges because copper has a very low resistance.

So when the energy sees your copper rod it wants to go to the path
        or least resistance leaving the high resistance path through the iron ball.

Stick with Clarence and his gift to us. Receive his gift of many man hours
        of trial and error. All of Clarence struggles to overcome the lies of the patent
        documents. Clarence gift is only good if we all receive it.

Thanks Clarence, I heard you the first time

In my opinion it have more to do with the magnetism than a kind of galvanic effect... If so, a big mass or area of steel may attract it... But maybe I'm wrong...
        Clarence, what is your opinion on this important part of the system?

Comment

• Ideal Spacing Between Ground Rods?

Originally posted by wayne49s View Post
          Hi,

Any advice the grounding network? I think this is the most critical part (my previous effort didn't work because of that). What is the spacing between the rods? I might only be able to go about 6 feet because I might hit bedrock; I read the spacing should be twice the rod length. Is there a way to check if the there is enough ground rods by checking the resistance between the neutral post at the inverter and the captor ground terminal?
          Hello wayne49s. This is a very good question. In regards to earth grounding for electrical systems, such as electrical grounding for electrical panels, according to code the minimum distance between two ground rods is about two meters or about six feet. This is actually a compromise distance however. I have read that the optimal distance between two connected ground rods to get the least resistance to the earth is actually 7.6 meters or about 25 feet!

The reason for this is a ground rod needs an area all around it to optimally dissipate any voltage on it to the earth. If another ground rod that is electrically connected to the first ground rod is closer to the first ground rod than 7.6 meters, then the voltage from each ground rod is 'opposing' the voltage on the other ground rod. So it may actually be more effective to have four ground rods in a square pattern distanced about 7.6 meters apart than having several more ground rods spaced much closer together. In the Barbosa and Leal type device the goal may not necessarily be to have the lowest resistance connection to the earth, but on the other hand it may very well be, and wider ground rod spacing may be a better way to go.

The longer the ground rod, the more earth area will be utilized, so, for typical earth grounding purposes anyway, the longer the ground rod you can use the better. So an eight foot ground rod should be better than a six foot ground rod.

I see that Clarence is also earth grounding the neutral from his inverter with four ground rods. When I read through the Barbosa and Leal patent documents that were translated into English, I didn't see that they are mentioning grounding the neutral like that. If that is right, then it might also be worth a try to compare performance with the inverter neutral connected to ground rods, compared with the inverter neutral not connected to any ground rods at all.

I haven't tried building a Barbosa and Leal device (yet ), so the above is just some things to consider. Doing performance comparison tests with different arrangements as suggested above should help to determine if one arrangement is much better than another.

Clarence, what lead you to decide on a distance of three feet between ground rods?

level

Comment

• Originally posted by ewizard View Post
            At first that seemed odd to me also but the water may tend to short out ground currents. While pure water is an insulator all it takes is a small amount of salt or impurity in water to turn it into a good conductor. Too much water may make input and return ground rods appear as one.
            It would seem ground conditions in your specific area (moisture content) will be a factor in rod separation if ewizard's assumption is correct.
            Last edited by Dave45; 04-17-2015, 12:23 PM.
            Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Hi Clarence
              what type of core material did you use ferrite or laminated as a friend reminded me before I buy the core
              also can I use a 220 v ac 60 hz inverter and 220 v ac 60 hz toroid

thanks
              Last edited by totoalas; 04-17-2015, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Core material

Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                Hi Clarence
                what type of core material did you use ferrite or laminated as a friend reminded me before I buy the core
                also can I use a 220 v ac 60 hz inverter and 220 v ac 60 hz toroid

thanks
                HELLO,

The core material is ferrite. it has a distinct advantage over laminated as far as I'm concerned.

thanks,

Clarence

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
                  HELLO,

The core material is ferrite. it has a distinct advantage over laminated as far as I'm concerned.

thanks,

Clarence

Comment

• Rod Distance

Originally posted by level View Post
                    Hello wayne49s. This is a very good question. In regards to earth grounding for electrical systems, such as electrical grounding for electrical panels, according to code the minimum distance between two ground rods is about two meters or about six feet. This is actually a compromise distance however. I have read that the optimal distance between two connected ground rods to get the least resistance to the earth is actually 7.6 meters or about 25 feet!

The reason for this is a ground rod needs an area all around it to optimally dissipate any voltage on it to the earth. If another ground rod that is electrically connected to the first ground rod is closer to the first ground rod than 7.6 meters, then the voltage from each ground rod is 'opposing' the voltage on the other ground rod. So it may actually be more effective to have four ground rods in a square pattern distanced about 7.6 meters apart than having several more ground rods spaced much closer together. In the Barbosa and Leal type device the goal may not necessarily be to have the lowest resistance connection to the earth, but on the other hand it may very well be, and wider ground rod spacing may be a better way to go.

The longer the ground rod, the more earth area will be utilized, so, for typical earth grounding purposes anyway, the longer the ground rod you can use the better. So an eight foot ground rod should be better than a six foot ground rod.

I see that Clarence is also earth grounding the neutral from his inverter with four ground rods. When I read through the Barbosa and Leal patent documents that were translated into English, I didn't see that they are mentioning grounding the neutral like that. If that is right, then it might also be worth a try to compare performance with the inverter neutral connected to ground rods, compared with the inverter neutral not connected to any ground rods at all.

I haven't tried building a Barbosa and Leal device (yet ), so the above is just some things to consider. Doing performance comparison tests with different arrangements as suggested above should help to determine if one arrangement is much better than another.

Clarence, what lead you to decide on a distance of three feet between ground rods?

Hello level,

unknown to all of you I have privy to actual stated by mouth recorded information direct FROM B&L THEMSELVES and their answer when questioned about the subject was 1 meter!!!!!!!

so that is where I came to use the 3 foot linked distance in the series connected rods!!!!!

I will NOT divulge my source to that information from B&L as that would violate the cofidentiality of that person and I will NEVER do such!!!!!!

with respect to the inverter neutral not being grounded at all you will simply have NO PERFORMANCE AT ALL!
                    I had stated way back at OU that this system was BUILT AS ITS OWN SWER system and that was why the rod system should be as FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE
                    FROM ANY MAINS GROUNDING so as to NOT pickup any stray voltage from SUCH!!!! as usual it is apparent there was no GRASP on that information!

thanks,

Clarence
                    Last edited by clarence; 04-17-2015, 02:25 PM. Reason: rest of info

Comment

HELLO,
                      thanks,
                      Clarence
                      The material used in power toroids for 50Hz/60Hz AC use is typically grain oriented silicon steel, which is a different material than ferrites. Ferrites usually are not suitable for frequencies down in the 50Hz to 60Hz range, whereas the grain oriented silicon steel works very well at those low frequencies. The grain oriented silicon steel is formed into thin bands and wound into a toroid. There may be other materials used in 50Hz/60Hz power toroids, but the grain oriented silicon steel material seems to be quite common these days.
                      level

Comment

Hello level,
                        unknown to all of you I have privy to actual stated by mouth recorded information direct FROM B&L THEMSELVES and their answer when questioned about the subject was 1 meter!!!!!!!

so that is where I came to use the 3 foot linked distance in the series connected rods!!!!!

I will NOT divulge my source to that information from B&L as that would violate the cofidentiality of that person and I will NEVER do such!!!!!!

thanks,
                        Clarence
                        Hello Clarence. That's interesting, as one guy who posted to the ou.com thread who had a Barbosa and Leal device in his possession stated that Barbosa and Leal had specified 40 rods, with an area of 30 x 50 meters. Doing a quick calculation, that appears to work out to a rod spacing of about 7 meters spacing between all rods.

See:
                        Energy from the Ground - Self powered generator by Barbosa and Leal - Reply #638
                        « Reply #638 on: March 21, 2014, 02:23:46 PM »
                        "Yes, I will do some more tests even knowing that in the original equipment didn't work with the original owner and didn't work with me. The original owner had a good grounding system but I didn't see how was the tests and connections. When I tried, my grounding was not good like they use to ask for.
                        The excuse that Barbosa gave to the original owner was the inductance in the primary was not right. The inductance was 0.21 Henries and was suppose to be between 0.6 and 0.8 Henries as I told before.
                        The grounding system that they asked for is 40 rods using 35 or 50 mm. Area 30 X 50 meters."

Notice he mentioned that Barbosa and Leal apparently specified a ground rod thickness of 35mm to 50mm, which is 1.4 inches to 2 inches thick! It sounds like they were recommending using pipe for ground rods.
                        A ground rod layout area of 30 x 50 meters and using 1.4 inch to 2 inch thick pipe would not be practical for most people unless you have a ranch or farm, and putting in thick pipe would probably be very hard to do if it is eight foot long lengths.

Edit: I attached a picture of the core that was used in the device that was constructed by Barbosa and Leal. It appears to be an iron or steel motor stator core.

Last edited by level; 04-05-2016, 11:09 PM.
                        level

Comment

• Previous knowledge

Originally posted by level View Post
                          Hello Clarence. That's interesting, as one guy who posted to the ou.com thread who had a Barbosa and Leal device in his possession stated that Barbosa and Leal had specified 40 rods, with an area of 30 x 50 meters. Doing a quick calculation, that appears to work out to a rod spacing of about 7 meters spacing between all rods.

See:
                          Energy from the Ground - Self powered generator by Barbosa and Leal - Reply #638
                          « Reply #638 on: March 21, 2014, 02:23:46 PM »
                          "Yes, I will do some more tests even knowing that in the original equipment didn't work with the original owner and didn't work with me. The original owner had a good grounding system but I didn't see how was the tests and connections. When I tried, my grounding was not good like they use to ask for.
                          The excuse that Barbosa gave to the original owner was the inductance in the primary was not right. The inductance was 0.21 Henries and was suppose to be between 0.6 and 0.8 Henries as I told before.
                          The grounding system that they asked for is 40 rods using 35 or 50 mm. Area 30 X 50 meters."

Notice he mentioned that Barbosa and Leal apparently specified a ground rod thickness of 35mm to 50mm, which is 1.4 inches to 2 inches thick! It sounds like they were recommending using pipe for ground rods.
                          A ground rod layout area of 30 x 50 meters and using 1.4 inch to 2 inch thick pipe would not be practical for most people unless you have a ranch or farm, and putting in thick pipe would probably be very hard to do if it is eight foot long lengths.

Edit: I attached a picture of the core that was used in the device that was constructed by Barbosa and Leal. It appears to be an iron or steel motor stator core.

Hello LEVEL,

Everything you stated was ALREADY previous KNOWLEDGE to me from way back and I also know who the individual you made reference to is ( without having to click on the suggested post )..

I did MOUNTAINS of research BEFORE I ever built my unit and I have my success for that reason!
                          IT was never an "experiment" for me, only a replication.
                          chiefly, that is why I can answer the questions that are asked. Been There Done That.

PS: thanks for the help , you were the main ingriedient in the success.

very respectfully Sir,

Thanks,

Clarence
                          Last edited by clarence; 04-17-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Hello level,
                            with respect to the inverter neutral not being grounded at all you will simply have NO PERFORMANCE AT ALL!
                            I had stated way back at OU that this system was BUILT AS ITS OWN SWER system and that was why the rod system should be as FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE
                            FROM ANY MAINS GROUNDING so as to NOT pickup any stray voltage from SUCH!!!! as usual it is apparent there was no GRASP on that information!
                            Hello Clarence. No offense intended at all, but frankly, as I have mentioned before, all indications from what you have said previously here are that your system is not working as a self running device, so that is why I am throwing out some ideas, in case anyone who still wants to try to build and test with one of these setups wants to try some different arrangements to see if they can get the device to self run, since we don't really know how your own setup is actually performing.

You have actually provided very little test results information so far that anyone can look at to try to determine how your device is performing. If your setup was able to self run, I see no reason why you would not be willing to share some long term test results with everyone here, since all you would have to do is connect in a light bulb and then switch on the device and leave it running for 24 hours or more, while measuring the battery voltage periodically. Since you have so far ignored requests for such a simple test, I can only conclude that your setup doesn't self run. A simple test or two like this would help others here to see exactly how your setup performs in self loop mode for a reasonable duration of time. You should understand that until you provide these sort of performance details, there is no reason for anyone to think your setup is over unity.

So, it is not that people are not getting what you are saying. It is that you haven't provided important details about how your setup actually performs for anyone to try to assess if your device actually performs any better than if you just connect the battery and inverter alone to a light bulb and leave that running for a few hours. People often make mistaken claims about free energy devices in these forums. We have probably all seen that many times. I am not saying I think you are definitely mistaken. I am saying that without you at least presenting some longer duration test results as described above, we have very little to go on. So that leaves you as just another guy saying he has a 'working' free energy device, but not giving anyone any practical test information that they can then evaluate.

Now, BroMikey or others, before you jump all over me, think about what I am saying. I don't think anything I am saying is too unreasonable at all. For those of us who don't know Clarence personally, we have no way of evaluating what he is saying unless he at least provides some practical performance test results. That is just a fact of the situation of communicating in forums of this type. Yes, Clarence could just make up some test results, but that is something we would have to look at and try to evaluate.

Last edited by level; 04-17-2015, 05:09 PM.
                            level

Comment

• Oh my! level, you have done it now! You dared to ask for some proof a device does what it is claimed it does. Haven't you learned by now you can't do that on this forum? I can now predict exactly what will happen next. Instead of getting an answer about the technical questions you have raised you will be attacked on a personal level. Oh, sorry about the pun. It wasn't intended. But I have learned that when someone on here can't or doesn't want to answer a technical question they resort to personal attacks instead. That always makes me wonder what they are trying to hide. Are they hiding the fact they don't really know the answer or do they know but don't want anyone else to know because the answer is not good.

Good luck on getting a real answer. And remember when the personal attacks get boring, like the ranting of a 5 year old, you can always use the ignore button.

Sincerely,
                              Carroll
                              Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• Hello citfta. From what I have see, I don't think Clarence will get involved in personal attacks, but it is possible others might. Personal attacks on an internet forum don't bother me at all, but it does clutter up a thread unnecessarily.
                                level

Comment

Working...
                                X