Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
    Hello BroMikey,

all of these linked schematics shall prove as a very valuable asset to the members for certain!

thanks again for your effort and contribution.

Thanks and cheers,

Clarence
    Originally posted by alamat View Post
    thanks for info

Thanks Guys you are both beautiful people.

I have researched the winding counts and gauge of wire
    for the ALPHA CORE DIRECT specifications. I will make
    another diagram showing this.

Each supplier of a core, designed to operate at 60HZ @117vac,
    will gave this sign (V/Turn)

I will return soon.

Comment

• Before posting the completed exciter winding information
      I have enclosed 3 general diagram segments 1-3 to
      better visualize each function of the entire process.

Comment

• Originally posted by cameleon53
        Hi Clarence,
        from looking at your circuit, I think that the wire of the captor loop should be turn around the earth wire instead of the other. Like you have connected it the capted currant is reduce at 40%. I can be wrong but maybe someone can test it. See what i mean in the drawing.
        Fabien
        Hello,

There are ONLY two transformers in my unit NOT three.
        the CAPTOR LOOP is SUPPOSED TO HAVE AS LOW AS POSSIBLE CURRENT!!!!
        THAT WAY each time A LOAD is placed on the output of the CAPTOR an incremental additional increase is added to the LOOP without quickly OVERHEATING IT!!!!!!

I would desire that people would STOP TRYING TO SECOND GUESS an effective OPERATING SYSTEM that has ALREADY BEEN PERFECTED both by B&L AND myself!!!
        WHAT YOU WOULD DO would QUICKLY OVERHEAT THE LOOP!!!!!
        leave it ALONE!

Clarence

Clarence

Comment

• hi bro mickey and Clarence
          nice diagrams
          toroid winding size
          and info before i buy the core 5,2 inches ?
          thanks

Comment

• Correct toroid specs before ordering

Originally posted by totoalas View Post
            hi bro mickey and Clarence
            nice diagrams
            toroid winding size
            and info before i buy the core 5,2 inches ?
            thanks
            Hello totoalas,

go back to PAGE 1 - POST #6 to get the CORRECT toroid part specification!
            it DOES NOT have a secondary winding on it!!! and that was the way I ordered it and use it!!! YOU- YOU -YOU are going to wind the secondary
            windings on it which MAKE UP THE CAPTOR LOOP! (the 2/1/2 #4 AWG wire).

If you use the part information in recent post it will come with a secondary winding on it which will HAVE TO BE REMOVED. AND it will cost more for something you can't use!

I have tried to get that point across several times but I guess everyone keeps missing it! thanks Sir!

Clarence

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
              Hello totoalas,

go back to PAGE 1 - POST #6 to get the CORRECT toroid part specification!
              it DOES NOT have a secondary winding on it!!! and that was the way I ordered it and use it!!! YOU- YOU -YOU are going to wind the secondary
              windings on it which MAKE UP THE CAPTOR LOOP! (the 2/1/2 #4 AWG wire).

If you use the part information in recent post it will come with a secondary winding on it which will HAVE TO BE REMOVED. AND it will cost more for something you can't use!

I have tried to get that point across several times but I guess everyone keeps missing it! thanks Sir!

Clarence
              Hi Clarence
              your toroid info is crystal clear..... im planning to wind my own primary and just buy the core or as you say which ever is cheaper in China......
              so far no luck on junk amplifier and only a 3 inch toroid is in my spare ...... want to minimize the cost as much as possible with near results .......

thanks again

Comment

• Toroid dimensions for the TD300-1120

Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                toroid winding size and info before i buy the core 5,2 inches? thanks
                Hello totoalas. See Clarence's reply above about reading post #6.
                According to that note, Clarence custom ordered the two toroids without the secondary, so that may be why the part number is designated as TD300-1120-P, rather than TD300-1120. I am attaching the specs on the Bridgeport Magnetics TD300-1120 toroid, for which I would guess the toroid dimensions should be the same as the TD300-1120-P, except that the TD300-1120-P doesn't have the secondary wound on it. Clarence can confirm if these toroid dimensions match his toroids or not.
                Last edited by level; 04-05-2016, 11:09 PM.
                level

Comment

• Thanks Level,
                  I just want the winding turns size for a 110 v primary since cores can easily be bought here in China

most are 22o v ac 50 hz primary Can this be applicable to the circuit also????

Im planning to buy on Sunday so just making sure i got all the info needed

Comment

• Correct as usual level!!!!

Originally posted by level View Post
                    Hello totoalas. See Clarence's reply above about reading post #6.
                    According to that note, Clarence custom ordered the two toroids without the secondary, so that may be why the part number is designated as TD300-1120-P, rather than TD300-1120. I am attaching the specs on the Bridgeport Magnetics TD300-1120 toroid, for which I would guess the toroid dimensions should be the same as the TD300-1120-P, except that the TD300-1120-P doesn't have the secondary wound on it. Clarence can confirm if these toroid dimensions match his toroids or not.
                    Hello LEVEL,

you are amazing sir. your excellent grasp at all times is an outstanding value to all of the members Sir.

The TD300-1120-P is the toroid that I buy and use. know Level that I previously Built the larger SINGLE toroid Modules and fired them up easily and they put out almost the exact same level of Captor AC amps as B&L's did in their early three Gray Box Demo. their value on the second unit was 116.+ and mine was 126.+ that is why I can say and know that this toroid is excellent for the job.

thanks again for your post!

Clarence

Comment

• Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                      Thanks Level,
                      I just want the winding turns size for a 110 v primary since cores can easily be bought here in China

most are 22o v ac 50 hz primary Can this be applicable to the circuit also????

Im planning to buy on Sunday so just making sure i got all the info needed
                      If you are going to wind your own toroidal core no matter what Clarence tells
                      you then I can help you and others so they do not fail. Many people can not get the exact Bridgeport cores where they live and shipping would cost them $200 USD.

Clarence has also pointed out that a third transformer is not needed, however the tiny set of 2 loops electrically connected to the 4 input grounding stakes is technically the third transformer.

Yet Clarence is sure about his diagram having tested this already so please everyone stick to the diagram that Clarence has put up. What I have been doing separating individual circuit branches for your review may be misinterpreted as an open door for redesigning Clarence work.

It is not an open door for changing anything, just a segmented view to help us all get focused on Clarence layout a piece at a time.

If totoalas wants to wing it and wind his own primary for 117vac then he or I could call technical support and ask them how to wind our own and that is what I have been telling everyone that I have been doing for years.

Those guys don't care, they tell me what I want to know WHEN I buy a core, so if you are buying a core that is for 60hz operation at 300va then use 21awg wire and winding only half way around like the picture Clarence posted. If you live inside the USA and can get the cores cheap already wound for $125 each, save yourself the trouble.

If you are able to wind a toroid then you already spent the money on a winding machine and understand how hard winding toroid's are.

totoalas!!! you must look for the information on your core and yes 5.2 dia. Each core material supplier has a number that looks like this

Volts/turn= ???

At "Bridgeport" ALPHACOREDDIRECT it looks like this V/TURN@ 60Hz 15kG

Silicon Steel Toroidal Cores - In Stock

Look at this chart for P/N 110 there you will find a 5.2" O.D core listed. About $40 shipped inside the USA.
                      Next look at the Volts/Turn@60hz the number says .483

This means that each time you wrap a loop of wire around THIS specific core you will get .483volts

Now to find the number of turns is 117vac divided-BY .483 = 242 turns

Now if you are going to use a thinner wire to wind a 234volt transformer (117vac +117vac = 234vac) then you will need twice as many turns.

Maybe 24-25awg wire for 234vac operation at 484 turns at 50hz?

Are you going to operate at 50hz? If so you can not use 60hz winding information.
                      Last edited by BroMikey; 04-17-2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• If transformer cores are purchased for 50hz operation the specs of that transformer must be given 50hz.

Volts/turn@50HZ and 60hz windings are not long enough so excessive current draw will break down the wire. I think it is a 17 percent variation from 50hz to 60hz. Big changes.

To refresh on transformer practices look here. I hope you enjoy it.

Transformers Part 1 - Beginners' Guide to Electronics

The rest of you who do not have the Engineering tools or have the mind for this type of work, stay home and order.

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-17-2015, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• Grounding

Hi,

Any advice the grounding network? I think this is the most critical part (my previous effort didn't work because of that). What is the spacing between the rods? I might only be able to go about 6 feet because I might hit bedrock; I read the spacing should be twice the rod length. Is there a way to check if the there is enough ground rods by checking the resistance between the neutral post at the inverter and the captor ground terminal?

Comment

• Type of Grounding Rods

What type of grounding rod is best? Do they need to be copper coated? Does galvanized work or stainless steel?

Comment

• Thanks Bro Mickey
                              Im trying to make as close as possible on Clarence desi9n
                              Since the output of the inverters are 110 v ac x 2 and in our country
                              220 v ac Live and Neutral ...... im planning to adapt the 220 v ac 60 hz
                              primary

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                                Thanks Bro Mickey
                                Im trying to make as close as possible on Clarence desi9n
                                Since the output of the inverters are 110 v ac x 2 and in our country
                                220 v ac Live and Neutral ...... im planning to adapt the 220 v ac 60 hz
                                primary

thanks
                                Welcome

484 is your number for 60hz 234vac or 220vac some say 240vac.

Be sure you tell me the size of your toroids. If they are close to Bridgeports then you will be right on. It is the industry standard in most cases.

You will be right on.

Me and hitby are thinking send some ac into the captor at 30,000volts.

The captor excites AND injects ac power using rods then collects many times more from the earth.

But you are going to be away from this design so i hope everything works out. Gotta try something.

Comment

Working...
                                X