Clear All

Originally posted by clarence View Post
    Hello LEVEL,

SPOT ON!!!!

thanks,

Clarence
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by level View Post
    @All, for those familiar with how houses are wired from the power lines, you will know well that you can't power a setup like this from the house mains power, with the phase wire going to one wire on the load and the other wire on the load going to ground. Check Clarence's schematic drawing to see what I am referring to. That will be what is called a ground loop. A ground loop current path will bypass a wattmeter and cause it to read wrong, and can even fool a house mains power meter as well. When you have a ground loop like that, the power is still coming from the mains, even if it doesn't show up on a watt meter at the input of the circuit or on the house mains power meter. Doing such a thing may also bring the power company down on you if they detect what is going on. Stick to the battery and inverter method as the power source, as that is the only way you can avoid a ground loop to the mains electrical power system. The one exception is you might be able to avoid such a problem when powering from the mains if you use an isolation transformer, but isolation transformers can be expensive and have a limited capacity as well.

Caution: Also beware that an inverter with an output of 120 volts or 240 Volts can kill you if you touch live wires, so don't build such a setup if you don't understand such things.
    You need to take necessary safety precautions.

Thanks Clarence for addressing this fundamental question that LEVEL spoke about. We all want to know, before we proceed if we are getting our power from the earths dyno or are we getting the power by stealing from the power companies spiderweb of power distribution systems.

I mean that is the first thought that comes into the mind of any passer by.

They assume that the power must be stolen and LEVEL has cleared that up along with your reasons for having the inverter and not looping off the grid.

DO NOT CONNECT TO THE GRID. Very good SIR thank you.

So many will never give this a try til they know where the power in coming from and having fears of being charged with theft. Of course those of us who have gone beyond the Gov/School mental prison know that what is taught there is only half truths to keep the blind leading the blind.

Your system gets energy no different than a solar panel or a wind turbine, the energy is extracted and processed into your house and has NO CONNECTION TO THE GRID.

AH, I feel much better already.

The toroidal's, the inverter, the grounding rod questions are all being answered and repeat answered here on this thread with speed and joy.

Time to put our pennies together. In the coming mouths it should be interesting to see such a system operating. This would add to heighten our desire to make our own units.

Hitby is using grounding rods in another thread from this work and I will save that for over there. Also it might be of interest that a standard UPS box produces a sinwave and I have often thought that it might pass for pure sinewave.

This is due to it having a block transformer on the output. Have you ever thought about a UPS circuit as a possible source for a sinewave?

I guess it is not a pure sinewave, but I really don't know. I should check it on the scope and then I would not have to ask you that question that has been bugging me for sometime now.

This would permit some to have smaller systems if they could use the battery and UPS circuit to initiate 120vac, less grounding rods for apartment dwellers. All they would need would be some wire and smaller toroid's.

Bridgeport is where I buy all of my cores and is an excellent choice. I wind them myself. I like toroidal transformers on my projects because the losses are not so great.

I liked the video of using a length of conduit to pump water down like is used to drill a well for water. The ground can be hard sometimes especially here in Kansas where we have so much rock and shale. Hard, hard ground, they build lime stone houses out here.

The salt mines are all around here only 70 miles away and looked at the map but it is hard to tell. Just got put some rods in first.

How do you feel about a smaller version being shown?

Michael Rowland (Central Kansas)

Comment

Hello BroMikey,

concerning the UPS system B&L in their last demonstration that I saw - they were no longer using a charger/battery/inverter set up but had incorporated their unit as a battery UPS type system which is basicaly dedicated circuits with its internal charger/battery/inverter components any way. I could be wrong about the internal make up of a UPS as I am not REALLY familiar with them to be honest about it. I like Don Smiths familiar self motto! KISS----KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. so that is why I like my set up. you can see it- You KNOW what each component is doing or not doing as the case may be. the circuits are REALLY simple and visible.
      Also it is easy to tell how you are progressing in achieving you goals, etc.

Also I am mindful of LEVEL's train of thoughts also. as you see in my unit several places I use uncovered terminal strips which serve MY purposes but to a unfamiliar handler would be dangerous. 120 volts whether its from mains or an inverter actually can be deadly. most all other loading places I use covered receptacles to avoid uncovered connections and is a better proceedure for sure.

thanks for listening.

BTW: as far as a smaller version I believe the inverter RMS output would wind up defeating you. you would still have to meet that value from the ground potentiol
      in odrer to power mini loads any way - so why small!

Clarence
      Last edited by clarence; 04-12-2015, 10:40 PM. Reason: forgot info

Comment

I’m not very good with electronics’ theory but I would like to open a speculative discussion on the circuit operation. The first thing that grabs my attention is the direct connection of the inverter load output that is driving the primary is also connected to the secondary. Anyone remember Edwin Gray's "Splitting the Positive" Engine. A higher voltage, low amp. and lower voltage higher amp. Then we find a magnetic loop on the other side of the secondary. If we look at the Ground plane system the circuit will send a voltage gradient into the earth.
        Has anyone ever used the electrical shockers to collect earth worms?
        Just my observations someone with more brains than I will get to the bottom of this circuit.
        Attached Files

Comment

Grounding rods
          Usually available are copper coated steel rods 1.0 m length and extendable
          Since Galvanized plate has greater contact surface and boosted by salt can be an alternative as my farm is in a brookside and hard clay than soil ,,, will try
          this material also I saw in some russian videos they used also plates including refrigerator case buried.....

I will open up my previous tests videos when i finished work and maybe start a smaller version first......
          In the last test of Hitby on 2 ignition coils..... the link between the two hv nodes
          can be utilized or at least harvest in the captor since its a closed loop
          either use a tv hv transformer pass the cables around the steel of the transformer and thru the 2 internal coils then you have an extra output to connrect to the captor....just ideas on a smaller scale

another idea is to use capacitive reactive charger in place of the normal charger just what Tinman used using transformer and a normal high amp diode maybe???? lots of ideas to test
          Last edited by totoalas; 04-12-2015, 11:01 PM.

Comment

How to put in a 8 foot ground rod with your bare hands

This is an interesting video. It shows how you can put in an 8 foot ground rod with just your bare hands and a bucket of water. This likely isn't going to work if you have fairly big rocks in the ground or big tree roots, and it takes some work, but it is still impressive that they were able to drive in the ground rod with their bare hands in about 5 minutes. Good trick.
            Driving a Grounding Rod
            Driving a Grounding Rod - YouTube

Here's a much faster and easier way using a jack hammer and a customized fitting.
            The soil may be a fair bit softer and looser in this case however.
            Driving a Ground Rod In 39 Seconds
            Driving a Ground Rod In 39 Seconds - YouTube
            Last edited by level; 04-13-2015, 02:39 AM.
            level

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroMassInertia View Post
              Thank you Clarence for sharing information on your build.
              In the Donald Smith Device thread your post 227 you posted a thumbnail picture of a damaged Toroid did that picture come from a Barbosa Leal device?
              Can you explain the Thumbnail?

Check out this link Zero

Energy from the Ground - Self powered generator by Barbosa and Leal

Here is one more for others

http://www.free-energy-info.com/Chapt3.html

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-13-2015, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by level View Post
                This is an interesting video. It shows how you can put in an 8 foot ground rod with just your bare hands and a bucket of water. This likely isn't going to work if you have fairly big rocks in the ground or big tree roots, and it takes some work, but it is still impressive that they were able to drive in the ground rod with their bare hands in about 5 minutes. Good trick.
                Driving a Grounding Rod
                Driving a Grounding Rod - YouTube

Here's a much faster and easier way using a jack hammer and a customized fitting.
                The soil may be a fair bit softer and looser in this case however.
                Driving a Ground Rod In 39 Seconds
                Driving a Ground Rod In 39 Seconds - YouTube
                Hello LEVEL,

You are headed in the right direction 1000% percent with the videos you show. been there done that!

the method that I my self used was the same as the first video!
                the location will tell the member the best method for his site.

You have made a very valuable contribution to all members by this post Sir.

thanks again for ALL your efforts.

Always,

Clarence

Comment

Hi Clarence!
                  Do you think we can use capacitor insted of battery?? It may have a longer lifespan...
                  All the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Wistiti View Post
                    Hi Clarence!
                    Do you think we can use capacitor insted of battery?? It may have a longer lifespan...
                    All the best!
                    Hello wistiti,

my experience is just to use the Captor output to power the charger and let it
                    keep the battery at a constant top voltage charge and keep the whole system
                    operating continually and use it.

if you have a way to keep the capacitor charged in a similar manner that's strictly up to you.

It is NOT my purpose or INTENT to tell ANY member what to do. if anyone has an effective way to improve the basic unit without killing ITS achievement that would seem to be nice in my view. that would be helping all the other members too. everyones choice at all times.

thanks always,

Clarence
                    Last edited by clarence; 04-13-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

BroMike thanks for the links I was surprised to see Patrick Kelly had such detailed information on the operation of Barbosa Leal device.
                      Last edited by ZeroMassInertia; 04-13-2015, 02:21 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Hi Clarence
                        size of battery ok ive read 40 ah
                        Theres a trade fair in hk and ill shop around for the parts as factory outlets have lots on sale here
                        the earthing rod cost 50 hKD each x 40 plus WOW but still better than solar panel 50 watts costing 500 hkd excluding freight .......and a 2 kw system costing a whoping 100000 hkd...... a fortune compared to your system ......
                        so 20 amp charger, 3 kw inverter, battery, and 2 toroids plus 2 extra power meters........
                        hope to find their china equivalent ........

totoalas
                        Last edited by totoalas; 04-13-2015, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                          Hi Clarence
                          size of battery ok ive read 40 ah
                          Theres a trade fair in hk and ill shop around for the parts as factory outlets have lots on sale here
                          the earthing rod cost 50 hKD each x 40 plus WOW but still better than solar panel 50 watts costing 500 hkd excluding freight .......and a 2 kw system costing a whoping 100000 hkd...... a fortune compared to your system ......
                          so 20 amp charger, 3 kw inverter, battery, and 2 toroids plus 2 extra power meters........
                          hope to find their china equivalent ........

totoalas
                          Hello totoalas,

Glad for your findings and that its and advantage for you to get your parts.

in the end its your location and the resulting rods that it takes that will
                          fullfill your quest. LEVEL in a previous post gave GOOD information for the
                          installation of the rods. the information I gave about enough rods to match
                          rms value to rms value plus a few more rods besides is really important.

to your personal success sir.
                          BTW: You will need to consider the estimate for the total number of footage of the #6AWG wire
                          for connecting the rods. did you consider also an oblong wire clamp for each rod.

Clarence
                          Last edited by clarence; 04-13-2015, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clarence View Post
                            Hello totoalas,

Glad for your findings and that its and advantage for you to get your parts.

in the end its your location and the resulting rods that it takes that will
                            fullfill your quest. LEVEL in a previous post gave GOOD information for the
                            installation of the rods. the information I gave about enough rods to match
                            rms value to rms value plus a few more rods besides is really important.

to your personal success sir.
                            BTW: You will need to consider the estimate for the total number of footage of the #6AWG wire
                            for connecting the rods. did you consider also an oblong wire clamp for each rod.

Clarence
                            I probably order 50 rods and clamps and copper cable which are cheaper in China than here in Macau ....
                            Have you checked the earth resistance of the three set of rod connection so we can have an idea if ever we are near to your arrangement....???

Balbosa Leal Load Test 1 151013 and barbosa Leal Replication 081013 Youtube these are my previous attempts on the circuit and you are correct Clarence I can touch the captor loop current LOL
                            Last edited by totoalas; 04-13-2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by a.king21 View Post
                              Thank you Clarence for surfacing publicly again.

It would be good science if you could post some of your run times and start and finish battery voltages.

I am in a position to replicate as are others because we have the land space.
                              Did you do any prior experiments to validate Barbosa Leal or did you just go for it?

I know that Lasersaber has noticed your replication and I am sure he is duplicating.
                              Hello a.King21,

After I read the B&L patent back and forth SEVERAL TIMES and began to pick
                              out the important information and discovered the slick way they had disguised some facts, I just did it. the only place I screwed up was that I
                              did't catch the hidden deception about the transformer type used. just like a big dummy I used a MOT and THAT was a definite FARCE! I smoked a set of looped secondary wires into VAPOR in less than 5 seconds with a single 7AH
                              battery!! that was a BIG --O S---! I did some more reasearch and found that they were Actually using Toroids. so I've been good ever since.

the next later thing I learned was that I simply needed a LARGER AH battery.
                              I already they knew they were using the Captor output to self run the device - they openly said so various times. that wasn't a hidden secret
                              as far as I'm concerned. the charger keeps the batt at 12-13 v up and down.

my location here for ground potential is lousy to say the least and at times
                              even with sixty rods I can tell that I need another 10 to 20.
                              when it rains here the potential drops off to under the needed rms voltage
                              to consistently carry higher loads. and it has been raining here the last 3 days. so what that does is keep the charger from max performance
                              power wise and the battery voltage because of it will ever sooooo slowly
                              drop. the last time during rain time I ran it for over 4 + hours and it went
                              from 13+ to 12 so i removed the loads and let it charge.

so you SEE I have to take my OWN advice about how to MAKE SURE that enough rods + about ten more or so are in place to prevent problems!!

BUT know definitely that this type unit is a winner.
                              Hope all that helps. I did not mean to ignore you - the time delay was because i simply overlooked your post . I apologize for that Sir.

Thanks for listening.

Clarence

Comment

Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                                I probably order 50 rods and clamps and copper cable which are cheaper in China than here in Macau ....
                                Have you checked the earth resistance of the three set of rod connection so we can have an idea if ever we are near to your arrangement....???

Balbosa Leal Load Test 1 151013 and barbosa Leal Replication 081013 Youtube these are my previous attempts on the circuit and you are correct Clarence I can touch the captor loop current LOL
                                Hello totoalas,

I did not under stand your question about earth resistance with regard to my arrangement? I have not made any resistance test at all to date.

Clarence

Comment

Working...
                                X