Barbosa and Leal Devices - Info and Replication Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Clarence.

Thank you Clarence for surfacing publicly again.

It would be good science if you could post some of your run times and start and finish battery voltages.

I am in a position to replicate as are others because we have the land space.
    Did you do any prior experiments to validate Barbosa Leal or did you just go for it?

I know that Lasersaber has noticed your replication and I am sure he is duplicating.
    Last edited by a.king21; 04-12-2015, 03:05 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by totoalas View Post
      Thanks Clarence and Level
      for the clarity of info you have given......

I remember in one of the substations earthing a gi plate with lots of salt was buried 1 meter deep due to hard rock in the pit.... also how about using the power companys earthing rod installed in my house Can I add them as well...Another earthing point is the water pipe or the earthing stake from a telephone pole .... especially in a concrete jungle lol

Been experimenting with Neutral and ground using amplifier diode circuits
      2 years ago which briefly put in the back burner as I concentrated on Electrical medicine .........

without the battery and inverter and just plain house power supply.... can you share with us your results also.....as Level has said of the cost of replicating
      One can have a choice on being independent from the grid and one hook up with energy saving as well just like hybrid off / grid tie inverter.......

hope to see the other possibilities thanks will start checking on the parts

hope others can test on my suggestions on earthing options
      Hello totoalas,

you know since I don't live in the concrete jungle as you say, a city dwelling proposition hadn't really crossed my mind and I would think that B&L didn't think about either.

its not just "a ground" that is needed for this kind of unit to work properly,
      it needs to be one entirely independent from any form of utility mains possible linkage or all you will be doing is using their grounding to feed the captor neutral and be by passing any of their meters to do so. I'm pretty sure that is illegal.

If you can find any totally isolated ground source that has sufficient square surface area of conductivity to provide enough earth potential to the Captor
      ground return looped about the #4AWG wire ---that would work (a lot of
      words - but needed to keep the point clear).

the square area would have to be large enough and provide enough potential
      to keep the Captor output rms voltage value steady and matching the inverter rms voltage output at the same time. that in a nut shell is what you are trying to achieve. accomplish THAT and you are on the inside looking OUT!

I do hope I am getting the information across so as to be clear to members.
      If I am not succeeding just let me know and I will go at it again.

always remember the name of this unit is "energy from the ground"

thanks,

Clarence

Comment

Hi Clarence
        thanks for the swift reply
        as im out on work in Macau China, I cannot test your set up
        thats why I suggested but I will accomplish that when I come back to Philippines where I have a farm to plant those rods lol

as for captor less battery and charger / inverter with BL first design hope you can test also for starters like me

Comment

utility mains

Originally posted by clarence View Post
          Hello totoalas,

you know since I don't live in the concrete jungle as you say, a city dwelling proposition hadn't really crossed my mind and I would think that B&L didn't think about either.

its not just "a ground" that is needed for this kind of unit to work properly,
          it needs to be one entirely independent from any form of utility mains possible linkage or all you will be doing is using their grounding to feed the captor neutral and be by passing any of their meters to do so. I'm pretty sure that is illegal.

If you can find any totally isolated ground source that has sufficient square surface area of conductivity to provide enough earth potential to the Captor
          ground return looped about the #4AWG wire ---that would work (a lot of
          words - but needed to keep the point clear).

the square area would have to be large enough and provide enough potential
          to keep the Captor output rms voltage value steady and matching the inverter rms voltage output at the same time. that in a nut shell is what you are trying to achieve. accomplish THAT and you are on the inside looking OUT!

I do hope I am getting the information across so as to be clear to members.
          If I am not succeeding just let me know and I will go at it again.

always remember the name of this unit is "energy from the ground"

thanks,

Clarence
          Thanks Clarence,
          Thank you for sharing here.

I'm glad to see this presented here for all to replicate. We live out in the country and I've been trying small tests with earth power and see a lot of return. I already have a small solar setup with inverter powered with bank of batteries in my shop. Want to add this system to it and run my small shop.

Did you try different ways to send and receive the power? Copper pipes, steel rods, copper cables, aluminum cables. Sorry my inquisitive mind experiments all possibilities. Even some I shouldn't.

Thanks for the help,
          wantomake

Comment

Originally posted by totoalas View Post
            Hi Clarence
            thanks for the swift reply
            as im out on work in Macau China, I cannot test your set up
            thats why I suggested but I will accomplish that when I come back to Philippines where I have a farm to plant those rods lol

as for captor less battery and charger / inverter with BL first design hope you can test also for starters like me
            Hello totoalas,

yes B&L in their 2013 demonstration did power their toroid Captor with mains power which only consumed 0.10 amps by the toroids. and that was their point at that time. however the major power that lit their 6 ea 1000 watt lights come from the ground source that he was showing when he lifted and pulled on the green wire to get the audience attention! the phase of the mains he was using also was powering a small amout and that was reflected back thru the meter to the power company so that he was't cheating the power company. they have a SWER type utility system over there.
            Single Wire Electrical Rurality.

this unit with the battery and inverter is its OWN SWER system. ground input by inverter neutral and then ground return as neutral with inverter phase. the powered return neutral receiving most of its power from the earth. you can test like that when you get back. since the actual mains power you would be using is reflected back through the meter to the utility company and you would be paying for what you use is legal but I would NOT
            do it often. just imagine if you were a utility co and you found that somebody was using you for a Guinea pig and and then just flipping you a few quarters.I don't think they would be happy.

I think that's why the Brazilian power company created difficulties for Barbosa and Leal when they investigated and saw how their system could limit some of their Company revenues. I would be pissed.

that's why I love my unit. It's just me in my unpolluted world doing what I like with out disturbing any others as long as I'm here.

Thanks for listening.

Clarence

Comment

In place of ground , grounding, would it be possible to put the ground lines into a lake or ocean, depending on what is more handy ?
              Or even using tall areal grounding, as in some of the atmosphiric power projects ?
              (tall poles high in the air, strung with many wires )

Andrew

Comment

Damaged Toroid

Thank you Clarence for sharing information on your build.
                In the Donald Smith Device thread your post 227 you posted a thumbnail picture of a damaged Toroid did that picture come from a Barbosa Leal device?
                Can you explain the Thumbnail?
                Last edited by ZeroMassInertia; 04-12-2015, 05:50 PM. Reason: wrong post #

Comment

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                  Thanks Clarence,
                  Thank you for sharing here.

I'm glad to see this presented here for all to replicate. We live out in the country and I've been trying small tests with earth power and see a lot of return. I already have a small solar setup with inverter powered with bank of batteries in my shop. Want to add this system to it and run my small shop.

Did you try different ways to send and receive the power? Copper pipes, steel rods, copper cables, aluminum cables. Sorry my inquisitive mind experiments all possibilities. Even some I shouldn't.

Thanks for the help,
                  wantomake
                  Hello wantomake,

1. copper gives the best conductivity and degenerates the least.

2. what you need is to obtain the MOST square area surface contact with dirt . earth that you can get!

3. the area of contact with earth determines how much potential you ca
                  collect.

4. enough potential to make the Captor output voltage rms voltage match the inverter output rms voltage is what you need to achieve.

5. after you match the inverter rms voltage you will need MORE added ground source potential to start carrying loads.

meet all of those things and your home!

simple as that.

my pleasure Sir. thanks

Clarence

Comment

Don't use the mains electrical power to power this setup!

@All, for those familiar with how houses are wired from the power lines, you will know well that you can't power a setup like this from the house mains power, with the phase wire going to one wire on the load and the other wire on the load going to ground. Check Clarence's schematic drawing to see what I am referring to. That will be what is called a ground loop. A ground loop current path will bypass a wattmeter and cause it to read wrong, and can even fool a house mains power meter as well. When you have a ground loop like that, the power is still coming from the mains, even if it doesn't show up on a watt meter at the input of the circuit or on the house mains power meter. Doing such a thing may also bring the power company down on you if they detect what is going on. Stick to the battery and inverter method as the power source, as that is the only way you can avoid a ground loop to the mains electrical power system. The one exception is you might be able to avoid such a problem when powering from the mains if you use an isolation transformer, but isolation transformers can be expensive and have a limited capacity as well.

Caution: Also beware that an inverter with an output of 120 volts or 240 Volts can kill you if you touch live wires, so don't build such a setup if you don't understand such things.
                    You need to take necessary safety precautions.

Last edited by level; 04-12-2015, 05:38 PM.
                    level

Comment

Hi Clarence, glad you decided to try Energeticforum. As I mentioned in PM it may not be perfect here but it's generally a lot more friendly and definitely has moderation if needed. If by chance things go South here you still have that forum I setup you can use as we discussed in PM but you will probably get a lot more interaction here and may pick up some new people here that can contribute more so than you would on my rather isolated invitation only forum.

Since I've already got the most expensive component of this (I think the inverter would be the most costly anyway) I'm still looking seriously at replicating as time allows. At least I believe the true sine wave Trace / Xantrex 4000 watt inverter will be a component that can be substituted for the Aims. I doubt the magic is in the Aims itself My one concern is the difference in battery input voltage as the Trace I have requires 48 volts (at least 4 - 12V batteries in series or 8 6V in series) In fact here are a few comparisons between the 2 units:
                      Aims :
                      90% efficiency full load
                      95% efficiency 1/3 load
                      weight 16 pounds
                      retail cost $795.00

Trace (4000 watt):
                      96% efficiency
                      weight: 140 pounds
                      retail - not sure but I see some for $2800.00 - I think it is hard to find prices on them because people compare them to other inverters that cost far less while not realizing these are intended for full time use with off grid homes and situations requiring reliable high load power.

I'm not suggesting people buy the Trace /Xantrex as it is a serious expense but just sharing what I know if you eventually want something full time to handle high loads this unit can do that. Most other inverters you see on the shelves at your local Walmart or hardware store that claim 2000 or 3000 watt output will fry if run anywhere near that all the time. From what I know the Aims is much better than most of those cheaper units but just by the weight difference alone I know the hardware in it is not as heavy duty as the Trace. But I can assure you it is a lot easier to mount that Aims on the wall than the Trace
                      Last edited by ewizard; 04-12-2015, 05:48 PM.
                      There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroMassInertia View Post
                        Thank you Clarence for sharing information on your build.
                        In the Donald Smith Device thread post 225 you posted a thumbnail picture of a damaged Toroid did that picture come from a Barbosa Leal device?
                        Can you explain the Thumbnail?
                        Hello,

that photo was just to say that B&L did not use micro transformers as they purposely mislead people to believe.

that was one of what they actually used. mine is way better and more efficient!

simply to show they used TOROIDS.

Thanks,

Clarence

Comment

Originally posted by level View Post
                          @All, for those familiar with how houses are wired from the power lines, you will know well that you can't power a setup like this from the house mains power, with the phase wire going to one wire on the load and the other wire on the load going to ground. Check Clarence's schematic drawing to see what I am referring to. That will be what is called a ground loop. A ground loop current path will bypass a wattmeter and cause it to read wrong, and can even fool a house mains power meter as well. When you have a ground loop like that, the power is still coming from the mains, even if it doesn't show up on a watt meter at the input of the circuit or on the house mains power meter. Doing such a thing may also bring the power company down on you if they detect what is going on. Stick to the battery and inverter method as the power source, as that is the only way you can avoid a ground loop to the mains electrical power system. The one exception is you might be able to avoid such a problem when powering from the mains if you use an isolation transformer, but isolation transformers can be expensive and have a limited capacity as well.

Caution: Also beware that an inverter with an output of 120 volts or 240 Volts can kill you if you touch live wires, so don't build such a setup if you don't understand such things.
                          You need to take necessary safety precautions.

Hello LEVEL,

SPOT ON!!!!

thanks,

Clarence

Comment

Originally posted by ewizard View Post
                            Hi Clarence, glad you decided to try Energeticforum. As I mentioned in PM it may not be perfect here but it's generally a lot more friendly and definitely has moderation if needed. If by chance things go South here you still have that forum I setup you can use as we discussed in PM but you will probably get a lot more interaction here and may pick up some new people here that can contribute more so than you would on my rather isolated invitation only forum.

Since I've already got the most expensive component of this (I think the inverter would be the most costly anyway) I'm still looking seriously at replicating as time allows. At least I believe the true sine wave Trace / Xantrex 4000 watt inverter will be a component that can be substituted for the Aims. I doubt the magic is in the Aims itself My one concern is the difference in battery input voltage as the Trace I have requires 48 volts (at least 4 - 12V batteries in series or 8 6V in series) In fact here are a few comparisons between the 2 units:
                            Aims :
                            90% efficiency full load
                            95% efficiency 1/3 load
                            weight 16 pounds
                            retail cost $795.00

Trace (4000 watt):
                            96% efficiency
                            weight: 140 pounds
                            retail - not sure but I see some for $2800.00 - I think it is hard to find prices on them because people compare them to other inverters that cost far less while not realizing these are intended for full time use with off grid homes and situations requiring reliable high load power.

I'm not suggesting people buy the Trace /Xantrex as it is a serious expense but just sharing what I know if you eventually want something full time to handle high loads this unit can do that. Most other inverters you see on the shelves at your local Walmart or hardware store that claim 2000 or 3000 watt output will fry if run anywhere near that all the time. From what I know the Aims is much better than most of those cheaper units but just by the weight difference alone I know the hardware in it is not as heavy duty as the Trace. But I can assure you it is a lot easier to mount that Aims on the wall than the Trace
                            Hello ewizard, thanks again for you generosity and kindness.

all of the specs you show are real nice. I just did what I could for now.
                            your unit makes my mouth drool.!!
                            WOW.

BTW: where can one purchase that - I looked a while back couldn't find.

thanks again,

Clarence

Comment

Originally posted by BobBrown View Post
                              In place of ground , grounding, would it be possible to put the ground lines into a lake or ocean, depending on what is more handy ?
                              Or even using tall areal grounding, as in some of the atmosphiric power projects ?
                              (tall poles high in the air, strung with many wires )

Andrew
                              Hello BobBrown,

I'll have to say that is out of my knowledge.
                              that is where someone can explore and achieve an answer.
                              Would like to know myself.

thanks

BTW: tesla with a unit VERY similar to this DID power the huge induction moter in his 1931 Pierce Arrow car.
                              across the back of it he had a 4 ' x 6 ' aluminum plate as his ambient energy source and history SAYS it worked. I would be pretty sure the way he attached it to the car was well insulated .
                              the whole thing was powered by a 6 volt batt i believe and in those days batt ground was POSITIVE not negative like today?
                              the field is open.

Clarence
                              Last edited by clarence; 04-12-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Hi Clarence, When I was just writing that last post I went looking to see what the current retail on my model inverter was and I wasn't seeing much out there. I even went to Xantrex.com but they don't seem to be making those anymore. I imagine you can Google around and probably find some at the solar off grid web sites that still have some. The one I've got is made to be grid tied if you want also so it can sell back to the grid and it's fully programmable with a built in LCD screen and buttons to set it up in a large variety of situations. I did see that Aims has a high end 12,000 watt ! inverter for less than what I paid for my 4000 watt inverter and with that kind of rating it might be even better than what I've got for high loads although I think the efficiency % was lower. Trace Engineering was either bought out by Xantrex or they merged quite some time ago and I suspect they have tried to stay competitive in a market that is difficult with all the low price Chinese inverters and thus they may have dropped the more expensive units. I do believe Aims has somewhat taken over that market but I wasn't seeing any Aims that are programmable like mine.

I was just looking at ground rods and such and thought I'd mention what I had on the other forum for those thinking about all the hard work of putting in ground rods. While I used PVC this youtube video shows what may be an even better setup that can make the process a lot easier and quicker. The last 8 foot ground rod I had to pound in with a sledge took me about an hour. This method I have used will cut that down a lot. Note this guy uses metal electrical conduit (cheap) to make his water drill. Just don't get caught doing this in California

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kpI8PFNYl4
                                There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Working...
                                X