Understanding magnets - with EFD and the SPM lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding magnets - with EFD and the SPM lens

This by Steve Bowman, very nice document on how magnets work, attached here for posterity.

And I must say we all gotta get a hold of that Superparamagnetic Lens
    Attached Files
    Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

Superparamagnetic lens

The lens is available from Magnetostatics, no mention of the price. Anyone dares to email and enquire?

Comment

Looks like an improved magnetic field viewing film, like this one:

You can buy that kind of films on ebay and it is not very expensive
      It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Yeah I've been meaning to buy some of that film and somehow I never end up doing so. Matter a fact I'll go look now...

Comment

two spinning vortexes with a spinning torroidal disc in the middle... this is what i was trying to say before.

take this 2D image and mentally spin it on its axis...

Comment

"There is something to be said for clarity..."

There are 3 axes, which one?

Comment

just follow the pictures "spin arrows"

draw a line from the north to the south, along the y axis.

there is something in this techology that is not sitting right with me though... let me think on it for a while. if you look at the machine taking these "photos" there is a steel or aluminum housing surrounding the magnet. i think it is causing an "squashed" appearance to the magnetic field.
              do you see where the gold arc goes right through the labelled "s" at the top, and the "n" at the bottom? this should extend out farther than the ends of the magnets. it is a bit perculiar. also, the torroidal (zero point spin disk as they call it) should be slightly wider.

Comment

Originally posted by adam ant View Post
                just follow the pictures "spin arrows"

draw a line from the north to the south, along the y axis.

there is something in this techology that is not sitting right with me though... let me think on it for a while. if you look at the machine taking these "photos" there is a steel or aluminum housing surrounding the magnet. i think it is causing an "squashed" appearance to the magnetic field.
                do you see where the gold arc goes right through the labelled "s" at the top, and the "n" at the bottom? this should extend out farther than the ends of the magnets. it is a bit perculiar. also, the torroidal (zero point spin disk as they call it) should be slightly wider.
                I see what you mean now, sorry I'm left handed so sometimes what other people consider obvious it escapes me, and vice versa.

You are right about possible distortions, but it might be that it's shot on an angle as well and that's why we are seeing this kind of curvature.
                Since that SPM is two pieces of glass sandwiching a thin layer of nano-particles, it is possible that the steel or aluminium ring housing the assembly is causing the distortion.
                If true that's a pretty bad oversight on the manufacturer part and lack of full R&D and QE. They could've used ceramics or some plastic or anything but metal...

Comment

tell me the difference between magnetism and electricity...

Comment

I dare not - Tesla himself couldn't define what electricity is and I'm a far smaller person than he ever was.

Comment

One can help cause the other. However, each one can perfectly exist without the other. They are compliments and not opposites.

Tesla used the term electricity to describe the aetheric electricity of nature and not voltage with "electron" current in a wire lighting a bulb.
                      Sincerely,
                      Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                      Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                      RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Originally posted by amigo View Post
                        I see what you mean now, sorry I'm left handed so sometimes what other people consider obvious it escapes me, and vice versa.

You are right about possible distortions, but it might be that it's shot on an angle as well and that's why we are seeing this kind of curvature.
                        Since that SPM is two pieces of glass sandwiching a thin layer of nano-particles, it is possible that the steel or aluminium ring housing the assembly is causing the distortion.
                        If true that's a pretty bad oversight on the manufacturer part and lack of full R&D and QE. They could've used ceramics or some plastic or anything but metal...
                        Steve did a poor job of 'cut and paste' with that image.
                        You can see the original here: http://www.magnetostatics.us/l1i5g6o...%20moebius.jpg

There's no metal ring around the circumference of the lens. The glass sheets are sealed with UV optical adhesive (Norland #63).
                        You can get a better idea of how the nano-particles respond to a magnetic field here: Nanomagnetics.us
                        This website should be up and running by the end of the year.

Comment

not on the lens itself, the housing or base of the unit. in the PDF file there is a photo which (unclearly) shows some sort of metallic container or device on the bottom. corrct me if i am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by adam ant View Post
                            not on the lens itself, the housing or base of the unit. in the PDF file there is a photo which (unclearly) shows some sort of metallic container or device on the bottom. corrct me if i am wrong.
                            There is no metal supporting the lens, or encasing it. I'm not sure what you see, but it may be the support bracket for the incandescent lamp I used for illumination.

The test jig I used for capturing this image consists of a PVC ring painted flat black that supports the lens, and it's mounted on a movable stage (up-down) like an optical microscope uses. Below the lens assembly is another PVC housing painted black that the light source is contained in. The mounting hardware is brass and aluminum (non-ferrous).

I can upload the test jig on my server for you to view, if you desire- and provide a link to it here.

Comment

not necessary, i just wanted to make sure of exactly what i was looking at.

Comment

Working...
                              X