• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DadHav
    replied
    Originally posted by Midaztouch View Post
    Hey John

I don't know what's happening with the other thread. I can only speculate that it's done. After 1 million views, still working on the 5 pole motors and release of forum members personal info... Everyone should be too ashamed to post anything over there. Because of all that nonsense, I do not desire any relationship with that thread.

As for me, currently I'm on a tropical island till the end of the summer.

This long break as given me a lot of time to relax and think. You came to mind a few times. You are one of the few people who has the experience, skill and equipment to build one of these motors properly. So, let me run this by you. I want to see what you think....

16 armature poles, 4 magnets, each armature pole wrapped with a singular coil(the way you suggested)... Motoring on attraction mode & Generator on repel mode, total of 16brushes(8 pairs /channels of brushes)... Or do you have a better idea to work with the parameters of the motor that I gave?

Keep it Clean and Green
    Midaz
    Hello Richie, I hope you have a good time on vacation. I don't purposely want to discourage you but I still remain skeptical about the whole concept. In three years I haven't seen the slightest evidence to convince me the asymmetrical motor will out perform the OEM. Anyone can make a motor go faster but it's certain to draw more amperage. Until someone shows a demonstration that a motor can have more RPM and or torque than the OEM without drawing more current then it's not better than the symmetrical. Of course it would be a different story if the two where close but you could get additional power from a generator coil. If the generator coil can be sent back to the motor in order to have more RPM's or torque then it still doesn't mean anything unless the current draw doesn't go up higher than the OEM under load. In the beginning the generator coil was supposed to help the motor get closer to unity but there has never been an example of energy savings from it, only additional current draw. If I'm wrong about published test results, I wouldn't mind seeing reference to something to get me enthused. I'm sorry I can't suggest anything that might help. Here's the thing that bothers me. In order to have generator coils you have to give up coils that are your prime movers. Am I wrong about that? Some people actually hook up the generator coil to the battery and think the generator coil is responsibly charging the battery or putting more energy into the motor. If fact the generator coil when connected to the battery turns into a motor coil like the other one. I've watched for a test that shows a motor having the torque of the OEM while not using all the coils to do it but haven't seen it yet. I'll add this though, If you wind each leg separately and add more magnets I'm pretty sure your RPM's will go down. With that though I think there is a possibility that the torque might go up, and therefor you might need less gearing in the power train. So all this along with all the brushes that I detest make me sit back and watch for something exciting to happen and change my mind. If I spend more time on this project it will probably be on a brushless solution to a motor that can save energy. You saw my video a few times I imagine.
    Once again Richie I wish you luck and hope you come up with something that works well.
    John

Leave a comment:

• Midaztouch
    replied
    Originally posted by DadHav View Post
    Richie,
    Did everyone stop working on asymmetric motor projects? There hasn't been anything on either forum for over a month. Are people posting somewhere else?
    John
    Hey John

I don't know what's happening with the other thread. I can only speculate that it's done. After 1 million views, still working on the 5 pole motors and release of forum members personal info... Everyone should be too ashamed to post anything over there. Because of all that nonsense, I do not desire any relationship with that thread.

As for me, currently I'm on a tropical island till the end of the summer.

This long break as given me a lot of time to relax and think. You came to mind a few times. You are one of the few people who has the experience, skill and equipment to build one of these motors properly. So, let me run this by you. I want to see what you think....

16 armature poles, 4 magnets, each armature pole wrapped with a singular coil(the way you suggested)... Motoring on attraction mode & Generator on repel mode, total of 16brushes(8 pairs /channels of brushes)... Or do you have a better idea to work with the parameters of the motor that I gave?

Keep it Clean and Green
    Midaz
    Last edited by Midaztouch; 07-31-2015, 04:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DadHav
    replied
    What's up?

Richie,
    Did everyone stop working on asymmetric motor projects? There hasn't been anything on either forum for over a month. Are people posting somewhere else?
    John

Leave a comment:

• Midaztouch
    replied
    Originally posted by ren View Post
    A/Hrs (or capacity) stay the same in series. So 12v 10A/Hr in series with 12v 10A/Hr = 24v 10A/Hr.

Midaz, what type of batteries are you intent on running here? Li-Po? NiMH? SLA?

Regards
    Hi Ren

How are you doing? Building anything? Any thoughts that you want to share?

As far batteries, a dozen bricks of lipos are in the distant future but I will work with what I can get my hands easily and abundant... Lead acid batteries.

Keep it Clean and Greeen
    Midaz

Leave a comment:

• ren
    replied
    Originally posted by grounded View Post
    the batteries you mean ?

did you run them in parallel before ?

series :
    -------
    2 x 12v ... becomes 24v, with half amps.

more speed, with shorter run-time.

parallel :
    --------
    2 x 12v ... stays 12v, with double amps.

less speed, with longer run-time.

Connecting Batteries in Series or Parallel

id stick with parallel myself probably, if the bike drives ok.
    electric vehicles suffer enough already with short run times

A/Hrs (or capacity) stay the same in series. So 12v 10A/Hr in series with 12v 10A/Hr = 24v 10A/Hr.

Midaz, what type of batteries are you intent on running here? Li-Po? NiMH? SLA?

Regards

Leave a comment:

• Midaztouch
    replied
    any new updates for the electro-bike ?
    Hey Grounded

I got most of the major parts for my EV Build. Recently. I haven't done anything physical for the build. My motor is pretty straight forward, no extra brushes.... But I usually think about, how to collect energy with the extra brushes. The thing that intrigues me about collecting energy with the extra brushes is keeping the coil magnetic fields from overlapping.

General consensus with these motors is to run the motor on attract mode and collect energy from the repulsion Induction.

When the motor is powered on attract mode the amps are less and the torque is less...
    This is the important part ---> Theoretically, the torque would be increased/added to, when you collect energy on the repulse mode coils.

Do to the nature of the independent brushes, I would use a 24pole, 4 magnet A1MoGen like this....

4 channels in series with the thickest gauge wire as possible without heating for motoring.
    &
    4 channels(The extra brushes) in parallel for the collection of energy with Amps in mind.

*use singular coils the wrap around each/one rotor pole/leg.

Keep it Clean and Green
    Midaz
    Last edited by Midaztouch; 06-28-2015, 07:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• grounded
    replied
    any new updates for the electro-bike ?

Leave a comment:

• Midaztouch
    replied
    the batteries you mean ?

series :
    -------

parallel :
    --------

Your post about battery info is good.

The key point in my last post was testing the motor in series.

With the dual comm motors, you can run the motor in series or parallel ..... The thinking is kind of like your post about batteries.

In Parallel (4inputs) the motor can use more power... In Series (2inputs) the motor can use less power....

Or

In parallel you should use a thinner wire with more turns per coil ... In Series you should use a thicker wire less turns per coil. .... The debate is which way is best. And why!? It's a balancing act of RPMs vs torque, basically.

Kogs has been the best person at wire gauge choices for the Imperial so far. His input/calculations was very valuable for the N/S motor but he hasnt shared any thoughts yet the all North designs... Also, We must wait for Ross to finish his last bit of testing, then he will be able to give some sound advise for wire resistance and ohms targets.

Keep it Clean and Green
    Midaz
    Last edited by Midaztouch; 05-30-2015, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• grounded
    replied
    the batteries you mean ?

series :
    -------

parallel :
    --------

Last edited by grounded; 05-30-2015, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Midaztouch
    replied
    you need to leave all this ufo stuff behind midaz.
    you keep having a go at his ways, in almost all of your posts.

no dis-respect intended, just my observations.
    im not favouring anyone, im on both your sides.

hows the bike going by the way ?
    whats left to do, fit the chain ? ... and the thumb throttle ?
    did you say you were re-wiring the whole motor before fitting it ?

i wanna see it smoke lambo's off the lights (0-30 atleast), after that its not a fair fight.

curious to see what its run-time is too, what amp-hour are the 2 batteries youve got. are they deep cycle ? i cant remember

The bike is no problem. Just small details. The whole thing is the motor. I had a big mistake. I took the motor apart without thinking about running it in series first! The motor seemed to run fine on 12v & 24v to me. I used 18awg @ 220c. I could touch the wires after 30mins at 12v... Everyone said the 20amps at no load was really high, the motor will catch fire, space heater, ect.. So, I let the critics get in my head and l istened to them.. Without thinking it out throughly, I took the A1MoGen apart hastily to rebuild it better... Rookie mistake, My bad!

I wish one person used some constructive criticism and said, "Midaz, run the motor is series. That should drop the amps to a better range."... But it's all good! I should have been thinking instead of listening to the negativity.
    At least I found out that the A1MoGen runs like a "Normal" DC Motor on a DC Power Supply.

I built the Imperial North/South motor back in the day. That N/S design had the strongest torque... When I connected the A1MoGen to that big 12v 72amp Bosch Lead Acid battery. The motor was alive! .... The torque had to be comparably/most likely stronger then the north/south wind Imperial. And I only used 23 turns of 18awg for my "test" build. The imperial's magnets are the same size as 5poles. The singular coils use all 5armature pole/legs to drive the motor on repulse mode.

There is NO share of different coils polar fields(N/S) in the armature poles/legs with the A1MoGen = Singular Coils. The armature legs are 100% north or 100% south. I see this as a major advantage! More concrete testing is needed.

I'm playing it cool right now and being patient. I need to use the right gauge wire. I'm thinking about running the motor in series and definitely using 6poles for the singular coil winds.... But I'm open to suggestions on wire gauge.

Keep it Clean and Green
    Midaz

I paid for my motor parts with shipping to Japan. I need to use it the way that seems correct to me or the best way. That has always been my goal.
    Last edited by Midaztouch; 05-30-2015, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• grounded
    replied
    you need to leave all this ufo stuff behind midaz.
    you keep having a go at his ways, in almost all of your posts.

no dis-respect intended, just my observations.
    im not favouring anyone, im on both your sides.

hows the bike going by the way ?
    whats left to do, fit the chain ? ... and the thumb throttle ?
    did you say you were re-wiring the whole motor before fitting it ?

i wanna see it smoke lambo's off the lights (0-30 atleast), after that its not a fair fight.

curious to see what its run-time is too, what amp-hour are the 2 batteries youve got. are they deep cycle ? i cant remember

Leave a comment:

• grounded
    replied
    nice clown boots there rich, heheh

Leave a comment:

• citfta
    replied
    I see Dufo has once again demonstrated he has the mental abilities of a 10 year old bully. I guess since he has lost almost all of his followers he has to find some other thread to harass. Such a sad thing to see a grown-up act so childish. Wait a minute! I made the assumption he was a grown-up. Maybe he really is 10 years old. That would explain why he always turns to insults instead of rational discussion.

Carroll

Leave a comment:

• Midaztouch
    replied
    UFO

No one can have open conversation on your thread. If anyone asks a question that you disagree with, you go ballistic/crazy on them. The same goes on if anyone points out that you made a mistake.

This is open forum. Anything anyone brings here will be scrutinized from people and over the world and from different educational levels. The main objective is to build the best complete unit. To do that, people must explore other concepts and discuss objections. Henceforth the name "Open Source".

For the last 6mts, you have done nothing but insult and vent. No actual Scientific work. I hope that changes soon.

I look forward and I wish you the best of luck on your 1,000,000 clicks celebration. I hope your Grand finale will clear up all doubts. That way, you start your own forum gracefully.

Keep it Clean and Green
    Midaz

By all means, my thoughts and opinions do not reflect the thoughts of Raul.
    Last edited by Midaztouch; 05-26-2015, 01:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HuntingRoss
    replied
    There is one important point I didn't pick up on.

If the design in my previous post is indeed supposed to motor with all the brushes...then we have N / S / N / S field configuration which makes this quote a little hard to sustain :

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
    Dual Commutator Machines generates a "One Way Flow" within rotating fields...this has long, very long implications that range from flux flows to electrical fields flow...besides no constant colliding of electrons/flux...
    The coils will need to flik-flak every quarter turn and that sounds like A LOT of "constant colliding of electrons/flux"

Maybe that is the elephant you're referring to ?

Good Hunting

mark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X