X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$750 in a Pledge plus one 25kva Transformer

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hitby13kw View Post
    Just checked my stock, happen to have multiple 5, 10, 25, and 37.5 KVA pole pigs on hand - have a good workshop and time,
    what I don't have is the Generator.

Don't have a 50 on hand, but with all the other sizes we could provide multiple input/output current/voltage readings - we have data logging equipment so it would be no trouble to provide raw data over any time domain you want investigated.

Hitby13kw

Hello HITBY

Hang in there and check out this thread. I am looking for Matt and Turion to communicate with us when they are ready. Please be patient.

I just got in late tonight at 12oc.

We will be also watching for a video of you at your shop.

Thank You. Also it will take some time to ready the McCulloch plus getting a hold of a 50kva Pole Pig.

Bro. Mike
    Last edited by BroMikey; 12-30-2014, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Generator

It will be at least the first of the week before I have the generator, as I have to drive up north to pick it up after the swap meet on Saturday. And then I need a day or two to take that thing apart and get some good pictures before I am willing to part with it. I'm pretty busy right now, but I check in here at least once a day.

Dave
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

Waiting and Thinking

Hey Turion

You are indeed a man of your word and I know I can trust you, I hope you will grow to trust me as well. Let me say that nobody has ever been a more rotten guy in the past as I. You may not understand why i say this Turion, but I need to share. I have failed so miserably in the past. Drugs and coming up in the night club scene had practically cost me my life several times.

Mom owned a bar and I failed my first family in my teen years into my twenties. So if you hear me poke fun at some of you guys about the XMAS party it's all in good fun, it just help me to remember where I came from, that is all. I damaged my health doing it. You would not believe it if I told you. The HELLS Angels Motorcycle club in Pontiac Michigan was in my hood, when I was coming up.

Don't take it personal. No one I know has stooped so low as I did early in life, you guys are saints compared to me. Now I rejoice in my second chance or last chance to interact with others on a normal level.

Now with that said I was digging in the ebay files and found this, maybe you already saw this? I am not sure I read all of the posts.

Matt talk to us. I am for you Matt.

@Turion

Here is the link to the gen winding I found. You may not need it Dave but it is there if you do or if other people want one.

McCulloch Stator Assy 21116 for Mite E Lite Portable Generators | eBay

The thing is that if I had this winding I would still need a rotor to activate it and all I could think about is that motorgen set up of yours and how a guys could setup this windding to do the same thing as running it on a gas engine.

HIYBY has a 37.5kva and a 25kva pole pig as he puts it but I think we need to remember the words of Gerard when he said that tuning was an issue.

If we look at the video we see the outside yard area is covered in pole pigs.

This tells me that Gerard tried different sizes and that tuning consisted of finding the right combination of winding to get his results.

So we must conclude that a 50kva and a 25kva is a requirement to get the test results along with the McCulloch windings of course.

Also I have watched his video with the little motors making radiant and wanted to ask you Dave, do you get these types of results with that really kool MotorGen you built?

I am new at thinking about this stuff. So far all I have built that makes radiant is a solid state School Girl oscillator. It looks like to me these motor/gens really crank out some power.

I know from the looks of your rig and then comparing your size windings to that little motor Gerard had, yours must really be exciting to operate.

I am beginning to see why Matt and You want to continue this same type of research. Well It looks similar to me.

I will be looking fore word to our next talk. I thing HITBY13KW is very busy looking for a camera because I have not heard from him at all.

Maybe he doesn't see this new thread yet?

Mikey

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        It will be at least the first of the week before I have the generator, as I have to drive up north to pick it up after the swap meet on Saturday. And then I need a day or two to take that thing apart and get some good pictures before I am willing to part with it. I'm pretty busy right now, but I check in here at least once a day.

Dave
        Last edited by BroMikey; 12-30-2014, 09:10 AM.

Comment

McCulloch Genset

Here can be found the break down sheet for a smaller McCulloch. This shows the parts are still around.

OEM Parts

This one was sold last year for $115

McCulloch Generator - Nex-Tech Classifieds

Here is another break down of a bigger one.

OEM Parts

This one went for less than $50 in 2012

86' McCulloch Mite-E Lite Generator, 3300 Watt, Electric, Briggs and S... - Repocast.com®

Parts Lookup

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-30-2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Old Genset

Here is another oldy but goody Right on EBAY for $200

Vintage McCulloch Mite E Lite MK5 20 115V 230V Portable Genterator 5HP Engine | eBay

Comment

I got a question, why cant any 4HP generator be used?

-Altrez

Comment

hi, i think there is a great posibility that mculloch windings are overunity , this configuration could avoid cogging.

probably would work only with electric motor.

rotors are easy to build, many wind turbines use those magnets rotors and neodimium, that was not available when mcculloch were made.

Comment

Hi. To me it looks like high inductance of his pole motor used as a generator here causes CEMF delay when on load, reducing load on a generator DC motor. And the same thing happens with those can transformers. Thane's AUL effect is based on high inductance generator coils, with a long rise time of currents to get to a point of RPM/frequency threshold, where CEMF from the generator is phase shifted 90 deg. reducing EMF requirements for the system to operate in that range of speed.

Listen closely of what he is saying here, showing the gen part: showing the gen part

"When you start it it has a lot resistance but when you spin it fast the resistance goes away"...

kEhYo
                  “ THE PERSON WHO SAYS IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT THE PERSON DOING IT ! ”

Comment

Resistance

What is resistance?
                    Why does it go away
                    With the motor/gen combo I built, I have had to deal with the attraction of 12 neo magnets to the cores of the 12 coils. So much "attraction" in fact, that I have burnt up two razor scooter motors during testing. They pulled too many amps and "poof!" Until 1200 pm there is "resistance", "drag", "cogging" whatever you want to call it, but after 1200 rpm's it all melts away. At 1800 rpm, something else interesting occurs, but we are talking about resistance right now.

Why the unusual shape of the coils on this particular generator? I'm pretty sure it wasn't just dreamed up by some guy sitting on a toilet with not much else to do. The interaction of the coils with the rotor and back plate was designed, and that's the main reason I want to tear one of these down and take a look at ALL the parts. The casing around the thing could be important too. Without some serious experimenting we have what we always have...a bunch of theories. I don't have a generator yet, but if parts are available, I would order all the ones necessary. We don't need the gas engine to power it, we just need the generator section. I contacted McCulloch to see if they still had parts in inventory with that in mind but have not gotten a response.

Dave
                    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

I think that he means resistance as in resistance to turn the generator as in friction. Off course when under a load condition. And it goes away as the phase angle is increasing with high RPM.
                      Last edited by kEhYo77; 12-30-2014, 05:57 PM.
                      “ THE PERSON WHO SAYS IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT THE PERSON DOING IT ! ”

Comment

for your approval

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                        I thing HITBY13KW is very busy looking for a camera because I have not heard from him at all.

[/SIZE]
                        BroMikey, Found my camera !!! Made this just for you . . . video for Gerard replication

Hitby13kw

P.S. the 37.5kva pole pig (and others) are in the barn being used for another test at this time.

Comment

Video From HITBY

Originally posted by Hitby13kw View Post
                          BroMikey, Found my camera !!! Made this just for you . . . video for Gerard replication

Hitby13kw

P.S. the 37.5kva pole pig (and others) are in the barn being used for another test at this time.

Hello HITBY

Hopefully some of the members will review these units within the group. I see your awesome collection of POLE PIGS, good name for those big dogs. It looks like you are wanting to do the smaller magnetic motor experiments as well. That big resistor is staggering.

Great to have you on board. The camera was moving some but I think the 25kva PIG has two insulators on the top. If this is correct let me know.

In Gerard's video the two transformers have a single insulator denoting a single phase unit. This may or may not be significant.

The main concern is like you say HITBY, if you had a McCulloch genset you could try multiple PIGS to see what worked the best. Step up and down hoping for a set of transformer windings that would best be tuned for one another producing the most results.

It looks like to me you understand the potential hazards of high voltage electricity so we can rest easy concerning your safety. This is a great start and wonderful open door for all of us to test this idea.

Mikey

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-30-2014, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Motors

Hello Altrez

yes all of these 3,4.5.6 hp engines run at the same RPM at around 4000.

2 pole alternators like 2 pole motors operate at 3600 RPM's so on the Generator side increasing the rpm over 3600 rpm's it begins to put out current.

Mikey

Originally posted by altrez View Post
                            I got a question, why cant any 4HP generator be used?

-Altrez

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                              What is resistance?

but after 1200 rpm's it all melts away. At 1800 rpm, something else interesting occurs, but we are talking about resistance right now.

Why the unusual shape of the coils on this particular generator?

I don't have a generator yet, but if parts are available, I would order all the ones necessary.

Dave
                              Hello Dave

I am all ears. Talk more when you can about the effects of your home grown Motor/Gen. Very interesting stuff

This one was sold yesterday. It is the rotor.

McCulloch Mite E Lite Portable Generator Rotor 21103 | eBay

Comment

Well, if my gen was running and doing everything it is supposed to do, I woud be bragging all over the place. I had an epic fail today and smoked about $200 worth of parts and the driver board. I boxed it up and sent it to Matt. LOL. When he gets it all fixed and it is running like it is supposed to, I'll be talking about it. Right now, it has only run long enough for us to do some quick measurements before having one problem or another.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X