difference between ac and dc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the "Rotating Magnetic Field" That Tesla is famous for NOT "AC"

Ultimately, most people misunderstand Tesla's fame surrounding alternating current.

In an obscure article, and in HIS OWN WORDS, Tesla believed his discovery of the *rotating magnetic field* (that allowed his brushless motor to work) was his most important contribution to society. In the same article, Tesla goes on to talk about a Mr. Ferrari who codiscovered how to make a brushless motor around the same time, and goes over the controversy surrounding this predicament. The same happened with polyphase AC transmission--there was a guy in Sweden who beat Tesla to the punch line.

To conclude, Tesla DID NOT invent AC, if you believe that then you are absolutely nuts. What he did do, by way of his brushless AC motor and generator patents, was to popularize, in AMERICA, the use of AC in electric power transmission. The reason why AC is the better choice for this task is simple: You can easily change the VA relation by using transformers to change the value of volts and amps. That is, by stepping up voltage and stepping down current OR stepping down voltage and stepping up current--power remains the same. Thus, you can reduce transmission line losses by using extremely high voltages at the sending end and low voltages at the receiving end, which minimizes the I^2R losses that DC transmission lines have a hard time avoiding because there wasn't a simple way to change the VA relation of DC currents at that time. Thus, the voltage you applied at the sending end of transmission line was the same voltage at the receiving end (neglecting losses). This is why the I^2R losses were so great with the DC system, and also why it was unwieldy at that time (in regards to changing the VA characteristic)

These are the two most important contributions that Tesla made in American society. Some may say that his contributions to radio were more important, but ultimately Tesla's most successful are brushless polyphase motors and the power transmission structure that they use.
    Last edited by upgradd; 12-03-2014, 11:23 PM.

Comment

the rotating magnetic field was sure the thing that tesla did,
      they had lots of AC at the time before tesla invented the AC motor,
      but the AC ran on 400Hz, they used it for lighting and heating, but motors would not run on it.
      the first people that he got to build his motor design could not get it to run well on 400Hz, it just could not take any load without slipping to much.
      when they dropped the frequency to 60Hz like he said to build it, then it worked perfect
      but they had to build new generators for 60Hz, and he had to convince them to build them.
      that means they already had 400Hz AC ones on hand

Comment

you guys have seen this picture, right?

ever seen timecube? .com. i watched a video with that guy, and the comments on the sucktubes down there, where mostly people taking up for einsteins, linear or however it is thing, whatever against this guys, comments.

with the geometry and the nature way of explaining dc and ac is what i was looking for. geometry explained to tesla thats how ac worked, or ran. there is a night and a day. timecube says that. or that guy who says that. imagine earth beinga cube. thats what he's saying. hes saying earth and the people of earth will rot away unless we fix things right. ac is a power source. .. dc is too. theres dusk and theres dawn. theres spring and fall theres summer and there's winter. whatever i usually know geometry has 4 sides to everything because everything has to be a 4 sided object.

Comment

Ldrancer

Its actually pretty simple explained.
          You have seen a Sine wave allready.
          It has a half circle to the upper side and a half circle to the lower side.
          That two waves are created from the Magnet, when it passes a coil.
          The Magnet has one Pole what creates a "push" to one Side and the other Pole "push" to the other side. So you have basically a Pole what drags and an other what push.
          DC is when you have steady energy into one Direction, like when you have a discharge as you have at a Flash.
          And seems that is why Tesla said, DC is the natural form of Energy, because it comes first ie, discharge from a Cloud into earth (or opposite)
          and when it goes through a certain Stone, it can magnetize it, that you got a Magnet, what can create AC Energy again.
          Magnets are also created with DC because of its steady Energy into one Direction.
          And that then explains now the Drag and Push Poles at a Magnet too.
          AC mostly get rectified into DC and lead through certain ways at you electrical Device or are used not rectified on Resistors like Lamps or Motors.

But you see also, that you cant really say AC "travels" through a Line, when its a push/pull Current.
          Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by ldrancer View Post
            ever seen timecube.com.
            I forgot all about that site. It's one of the most rambly nonsensical things I've ever read.

Comment

whats more rambly and actually nonsensical to me is blackholes, and what they, say of tesla. how the world would be mad, and how they made a comic saying he was a mad scientist and made superman, from that.

but then were all using nuclear power, and motors in cars that are about 20 percent efficient with the fuel it uses, while they come up with the most retarded ideas to turn food into fuel most stupidest insane stupid crap, ive ever heard. While making tenths of percents if not hundredths, of a percent, of change in the efficient of fuel burning, or they say economy, with all the stupid gadgets they strap all over it everywhere
              Last edited by ldrancer; 12-15-2014, 01:46 AM.

Comment

anyway, i already explained it myself once. i think its one of the most informative like, quickly like websites ive ever seen. he's been on shows, that guy makes talks about that. maybe you hsould watch him. hes an old kind of man, and its pretty neat and he's pretty informative. i dont think hes not informative at all.

i think if you dont look at it this way, then your a stingy ass son of a b.
                thats all.

that picture i put is a ramp, its not gravity.. how can you spin something around something else and it not have a pull. .. it would work both ways.
                Last edited by ldrancer; 12-16-2014, 06:06 AM.

Comment

AC is about alternating current but remember we can apply an alternating voltage to a coil and still get a DC waveform current under some circumstances. The alternating voltage if it is shorter in duration or less in magnitude in one direction will not reverse the current flow if the inductance and frequency is high enough. AC and DC are about current flow but we tend to use the terms to apply to voltage too.

Comment

current flow and voltage.

ok i just wanted to say.

isn't free energy, like the same thing as slavery? i was just thinking about it. ive thought this before, but wanted to ask, what do you guys think about it?

Comment

current flow and voltage.

ok i just wanted to say.

isn't free energy, like the same thing as slavery? i was just thinking about it. ive thought this before, but wanted to ask, what do you guys think about it?
                      Can you specify that more?

Is'nt it a good thing when you sow out less then you can earn?
                      Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Ernst

Are you the guy that built the WARDENCLYFFE YURT?

Comment

well, slavery isn't free. you put in, some. but you get back out more than you put it. it's not totally free, you know. you gotta, house and feed. like using a horse to plow a field. same way.

whats a wardenclyffe yurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Joit View Post
                            Can you specify that more?

Is'nt it a good thing when you sow out less then you can earn?

Colossians 3:22 ESV

Slaves, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord.

so nothing morally wrong about owning slaves. nothing wrong with just .. them staying in their own country either. and letting them you knmow, build up big civilizations.... and prospering the earth, which they don't do.

Comment

Totally incredible day today showing how to create energy and put back in grid. I am giving you a point at 3 hours and 8 mins in Keshe Knowledge Seeker Workshops on Livestream but suggest you see the whole video to learn, even though they had tech problems at the start for over 10 or more mins.

Comment

Colossians 3:22 ESV

so nothing morally wrong about owning slaves.
                                Yeah so beat them racist, huh?Just pound on them

it's cool. Just cheat them it's okay they are slaves

And keep the money for your self.

That way you and your super smart friends can stock pile millions

stolen from those sub species/slaves who are low life folks

anyway.

Yeah kick them slaves around and keep their income, give them

a pair of shoes while you buy a Porsche. Nothing

wrong with slaving out folks.

This is not a bible practice, sorry.

Better go look up the words and actions concerning proper

Bible explanations. Workers/ sheep/ helpers/ have always been

part of getting the work done. The version of slavery today

is cruel and unusual punishment.

Quoting the Bible as a way to say this world should have slaves

shows me you are young and have never been a slave.

The Bible version of slavery was so good that the workers

did not want to be free from it. The worker would have

a choice to be free or to be a worker for his master FOREVER

and a good Master was hard to find.

Free to die of starvation is not freedom any how.

There are several forms of slavery spoken of in the Bible

and most people barely grasp the milk toast Jesus loves me

no matter what hog wash lie that they are taught.

It is no problem though because HE is coming and this

next time HE won't be hanging in HIS own blood begging

folks to do right.

Comment

Working...
                                X