Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BiTT OverUnity Transformer Bi-Toroid Thane H. Bill A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BiTT OverUnity Transformer Bi-Toroid Thane H. Bill A.

Hi Guys I am starting a new thread so i can post Bi-toroidal Transformer information about my findings. Video's coming. Data coming.

Here is an unloaded waveform from my BiTT that the current and voltage are 90 degrees out of phase.

All of the images and video's I post are my personal views about the Bi-Toroid.

Many experimenters have more scope experience which to me does not make a big difference one way or another if we can't get it to work.

My view about oscilloscope work is that it is a relative gauge as to what might be taking place inside of a circuit. Some forms of energy can not be read on a scope or meter so we can't be so sure until looping is accomplished.

I hope you enjoy this thread because I do. it is my belief that if I start something that I finish it and in the case of the Bi-Toroid is no different.

To finish something I must first get started finding all of the proper tools and following the instructions. Here is the basis of this work.

This is all simple wall current AC fed coils to prove the point about power factor. Also I will brb with tonight's scope shots.

How to Make a Bi-Toroid Transformer and Exceed 100 Percent Efficiency…

Last edited by BroMikey; 11-08-2014, 06:50 AM.

BiTT Scope Shots Nov 2014

Here are a few shots of my BiTT Bi Toroidal transformer. The last few are loaded scope shots and for some odd reason my sine wave looks funny and the current looks crazy to me when loaded.

Comment

Very interesting. I have been looking to make one of theses for a long time.

-Altrez

Comment

Core information update

Originally posted by altrez View Post
        Very interesting. I have been looking to make one of theses for a long time.

-Altrez
        Hello Altrez

Good to see you are still looking for the best experiments.

Glad to see someone is going to make one of these BiTT things run.

The biggest thing about why I started this new thread is there is so much information surrounding this work that I didn't want to clutter up the other one with just my personal pet peeves. I have ideas and they don't always pan out but I am going to follow my gut anyway.

Here is some interesting reading about Ferrofluids in transformers, you see Thanes initial video stated that the goal of his projected work was to lower the input by 50 percent on a large industrial size transformer. This is a big idea.

The operational frequency is 60hz and the transformer is call a Bi-Toroidal Transformer thus Bi.T.T. or BiTT used as an acronym.

Here at the Halfbakery website he is discussing ferrite or iron oxide core material that is more efficient than standard materials. I am not posting this suggesting we all go into the manufacturing of core materials as we the experimenter have enough on our hands to begin with.

It might however shed some light on why those who have done magnetite cores in the past have failed.
        Or if they didn't fail completely they couldn't maintain a standard so each part came out exactly the same.

One of the biggest obstacles in building a BiTT , the size need to power a home, is the core material or I would have one running here today.

Thane said the BiTT could reduce the input by 50 percent and that is a start, wouldn't you agree?

To do this we need a lesser expensive core material that can be shaped to our needs. For instance I have a 300 lb three phase welder transformer that if the core was replaced with the new material, I would be one step closer to having what I need.

Halfbakery: Ferrofluid-Core Electric Power Transformers

Last edited by BroMikey; 11-10-2014, 06:33 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE]

Thane said the BiTT could reduce the input by 50 percent and that is a start, wouldn't you agree?

To do this we need a lesser expensive core material that can be shaped to our needs. For instance I have a 300 lb three phase welder transformer that if the core was replaced with the new material, I would be one step closer to having what I need.

Halfbakery: Ferrofluid-Core Electric Power Transformers

Last edited by BroMikey; 11-13-2014, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Core Material Reading

Ferrite VS Permalloy

Last edited by BroMikey; 11-08-2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

How would you recomand to get started. I need a parts list If we are going to really take this to the next level lets start there

-Altrez

Comment

Bi-Toroidal Transformer

Originally posted by altrez View Post
                How would you recomand to get started. I need a parts list If we are going to really take this to the next level lets start there

-Altrez

A good place to start is by reading these documents from the inventor Thane H.

How to Make a Bi-Toroid Transformer and Exceed 100 Percent Efficiency…

Bi-Toroidal Topology Transformer - Patent application

Here are some pictures of a known trusted inventor who used a large ferrite C-core such as are found in a television high voltage transformer.

You could buy tape and roll some up like this picture shows.

I have no parts list as of yet so this is a wide open field. I am looking for Thanes patent with C-Cores right now, can't find it yet.

Mike

Comment

C-Core Bi-Toroid

Here is the Patent I was looking for

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...79189006,d.aWw

Comment

It looks like a good core is very important for this project. Lots of info to go over but I think I am going to start on a build an post progress to this thread perhaps some other builders will join!

-Altrez

Comment

ZVS driver circuit

Here is the basic idea of how to build a functioning "Zero Voltage Switch" also known as a ZVS circuit. This circuit is not adjustable but gives us a relative guide to incorporating a circuit that pulses a square-wave upward from the zero line once and then down ward once to give us what looks like an AC sine wave in rectangular shapes.

The waveform is at the bottom and is more suitable for driver the Bi-Toroidal Transformer primary winding. Now I need to find the right one of these circuits that is simple like these are yet adjustable.

Flyback driver #3: ZVS - BOGIN, JR.

Comment

Conventional Transformer

Hello Group Members

I ran a test tonight as instructed by the Thane Heins information. This test is done to show the waveform of a conventional transformer compared to the Bi-Toroidal Transformer wave.

Therefore I will post the normal transformers waveform first and the last one will be the Bi-Toroid Transformer so you may compare.

As can be seen in the first three scope shots of a regular transformer, the current and the voltage both travel together in sync, where the last shot does not.

The smaller wave is the current in the first three shots.

Comment

You should press 'channel invert' on one of your scope channels. Your waveforms are 180 degrees out.

Dave

Comment

Machines

@ Dave

Is that what is going on here hum channel invert Okay I saw that in the menu before.

Thanks Dave I will. Did you get any time to build a ZVS? Try that and rectify the output.

I read the patent, it says run the primary near saturation but not.

Mike

Originally posted by Web000x View Post
                            You should press 'channel invert' on one of your scope channels. Your waveforms are 180 degrees out.

Dave

Comment

Anyone know where to buy the Toroid's for the transformer? I cant seem to locate the right sizes to order them.

Thanks!

-Altrez

Comment

Working...
                              X