This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James,
    Not sure what a flywheel would have to do with your work on the Tesla switch. Flywheels are to smooth out systems where you have magnets passing coils that want to attract to the core, or pulse motors that get hit with pulses of power to maintain rotation during the off time.

The only circuit I work with is the three battery circuit, which has been discussed on other threads and here, or the battery switching (rotating) circuit to move five batteries through the three battery setup.

My work has primarily been on motors and generators. The Matt modified pulse motor is the best example of a great pulse motor, although I have been working with another motor design lately that delivers torque for milliamps, and is pretty amazing. I believe it is many times more efficient than the Matt modified motor, but not all the testing is completed yet.

If I were to give you one bit of worthwhile advice about working with the Tesla Switch it would be that you need to get really BIG deep cycle batteries and treat them with respect, meaning do NOT drain them, charge them back up properly, and let them REST before using them again. You will NEVER get the same results with small cheap batteries.

Dave
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
      James,
      Not sure what a flywheel would have to do with your work on the Tesla switch. Flywheels are to smooth out systems where you have magnets passing coils that want to attract to the core, or pulse motors that get hit with pulses of power to maintain rotation during the off time.
      Not for my setup in particular, it is something you call for in your posts repeatedly, the concept of smoothing out variations in the cycle applies whether a motor is attached or not, energy is getting moved/used.

Originally posted by Turion View Post
      The only circuit I work with is the three battery circuit, which has been discussed on other threads and here, or the battery switching (rotating) circuit to move five batteries through the three battery setup.
      This is functionally what the Tesla switch does as far as I understand it, different methods; moving a load and batteries around in such a way that rather than sending the charge to ground you recycle it back into a battery.

If I am wrong please correct me.

My work has primarily been on motors and generators. The Matt modified pulse motor is the best example of a great pulse motor, although I have been working with another motor design lately that delivers torque for milliamps, and is pretty amazing. I believe it is many times more efficient than the Matt modified motor, but not all the testing is completed yet.
      Your work has implications for the broader field, much beyond hyper efficient motors (which are very useful alone).

I am interested in this design if you care to share any of it; My funds are not unlimited though so I build as I can.

>If I were to give you one bit of worthwhile advice about working with the Tesla Switch it would be that you need to get really BIG deep cycle batteries and treat them with respect, meaning do NOT drain them, charge them back up properly, and let them REST before using them again. You will NEVER get the same results with small cheap batteries.
      Dave
      Right now I have 8 little 1.2 amp hour 12 volt hobby batteries, if they get torn up it is fine if we learn more in the process.

Larger batteries taking to conditioning better than smaller ones implies total surface area matters (though it comes to mind that maybe it doesn't, it could be as simple as the total mass of the lead); Tesla indicated that he was exploiting the heaviness of lead and its tendency to have a charge stick to it.

My intuition says this is the electrical elasticity that Maxwell spoke of, biasing a medium to try to have a particular charge/electric field.

The question of where the "free" electrons come from is another matter entirely, whether from quantum fluctuations that are skewed in favor of them coming into existence, an "aether" or whatever it happens to be; larger batteries have a higher surface area/mass for this medium to interact with.

Your "bad" battery from so many years ago suggests that there are atomic level arrangements that can cause a massive current flow under the right conditions; I think that the strange energy pulses bias the plates to try to go into this configuration, the "bad" battery you had was in a state that made going into such a bias was facilitated; running the current flow used up this bias and the battery went back into a more stable state (fixed, no longer useful for that crazy current flow described).

I am reminded of this

Scientists unveil new form of matter: time crystals | Berkeley News

But they are not trying to make current flow, just send a state into the future, we want to both send a state into the future AND have the state be a useful one(a state of potential energy that can be released and harnessed and restored to harness again); the work on this forum is years ahead of what the guys at Berkley are doing, but their results are still interesting information and more of the puzzle.
      Last edited by Diplomacy; 03-23-2017, 08:07 PM. Reason: Typing error, changed an or to of.

Comment

• hi all. here's a dual polarity switching circuit hooked up to 2 phases of the 3 phase floppy drive brushless motor. 12.3 v and 115 ma in. the built in diodes recover the spikes and the return is lineball with driving this motor with single polarity. 32 ma back. will try a string of leds as a timing light to see the on durations. they appear to light up the same both ways across the motor terminals.
        prior to hooking up the motor i had the same circuit set up as a voltage doubler. pic2 12.3 v in charged both caps to 10.9 v, so 21.8 unloaded, (1.4 v less each cap sounds like the combined drop across 1 or 2 diodes and 1 tip), and it sagged to 18 v while input current was about 600ma, hooked up to a small unloaded hobby motor. should have checked current to the motor for an efficiency score. it's a bit halfarsed calling it a dc voltage doubler when it has a mains trafo providing the ac signal. i don't know a good way to make it self switching. astable flip flop circuits get crossed up briefly on changeover, all switching devices on. not ideal.
        there are more possibilities to explore with this relatively simple h bridge. pic3 boosts the 12 v input by around 9-9.5v and pulses a small standard brushed motor.the boost cap has to be charged up first on startup, then s1 connects the motor and the cap stays around 9-9.5v with input current around 640ma. it's 1000uf. i tried a diode inline with my analogue meter across the motor and current was zero, so i would assume the spikes are recovered or wasted in the circuit, but i'm not sure how.maybe with the high revs unloaded the gen effect bemf kills the spikes.
        keen to learn more about your new motor dave and curious as to how you guys get most of your motor input back?
        cheers.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by voltan; 05-12-2017, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Attempts to study the place, time and cause of the idea of a perpetual motion machine are a very difficult task. It is no less difficult to name the first author of such a plan. The earliest information about Perpetuum mobile seems to refer to the Indian poet, mathematician and astronomer Bhaskara, as well as some notes in the 16th-century Arabic manuscripts kept in Leiden, Goth and Oxford. At present, the ancestral home of the first eternal engines is rightly considered to be India. So, Bhaskara in his poem, dating from about 1150, describes a certain wheel with obliquely attached on the rim of long, narrow vessels half filled with mercury. The principle of operation of this first mechanical perpetuum mobile was based on the difference in the moments of gravity created by the fluid moving in the vessels placed on the wheel circumference. Bhaskara justifies the rotation of the wheel quite simply: "A wheel filled in this way with a liquid, being planted on an axis lying on two fixed supports, continuously rotates by itself"

The system of moving water mass in a wheel with vessels tends to be balanced due to the force of gravity of the earth, but can not achieve this in connection with the design of the accommodation of vessels on the wheel. The flowing liquid in the vessels always leaves the position of the wheel in a nonequilibrium state.

If you look at the water wheel of medieval mills, you can definitely see where the idea comes from. The question arises: why did not anyone try to create a project with a single vessel with a volume, a fluid liquid of 2-3 buckets? Gravity of the Earth is one of the available types of inexhaustible energy.

[VIDEO]watch?v=4HKs1FQQx_o&t=35s[/VIDEO]

In France, a project similar to the wheel with vessels was realized, only with a mechanical device for switching loads.

[VIDEO]watch?v=rsBplmMDcRQ[/VIDEO]

Comment

• Conclusion

Videos of people building coils that speed up under load are popping up on the internet like popcorn, yet no one has shown the modified motor running on the 3 battery circuit turning a rotor past some coils (that speed up under load) to produce MORE energy than is used. Is it because we have no builders here, just talkers? YOU HAVE NO EXCUSES!!! Everything you need to know is out there.
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Final numbers

I keep modifying my machine, so the numbers keep changing. When I finally get ALL the bugs worked up, I will probably post something. SO I removed this post.
              Last edited by Turion; 05-30-2017, 03:58 AM.

Comment

• Hi Dave,

thanks for sharing your hard earned results. So if I get this correctly you took your two outer rotors off. It surprises me that you get the same output on your coil pairs with only one rotor in between as opposed to your previous setup. Is this with the same speed or are the rpm's higher now without the load of the two rotors?

Sounds very promising to say the least...

Cheers,
                Mario

Comment

• Thank you for sharing Dave. Interesting how output remains the same with removed rotors.
                  I've got some #24 wire and will rewind at least one of my motors with three strands, as suggested earlier. They're MY1016 24V 280W just shy of 2.25inch without the end caps and will probably take 50 feet per side. I also started putting together a small gen, similar in size what Matt showed - two rotors and coils in between. Been busy with other development for the past couple months and can't stretch a day no matter how hard I try.

Thanks
                  V
                  'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Mario,
                    I think it was a trade off of sorts. The elimination of (basically) 12 neos allowed for increased rpm of the motor which means higher output, and a SIGNIFICANT reduction in amp draw. That was balanced against the reduced amount of flux put out by the magnets to the coil core. Higher rpm but less flux seems to balance with lower rpm and more flux.

Honestly, I think there is a limit to how much flux a core can absorb during the pass of the magnet at a specific speed. So it is possible my magnets on both ends were overkill, putting out more flux than the core could accept. I am wondering if I can go with even SMALLER magnets than I am using right NOW and get the same output. These are the kind of experiments that NEED to be done. If I decrease the diameter of the magnet there is less time that the magnet is affected by the iron core, so less amp draw or drag on the motor, which also allows for higher speeding hence more output. There are SO MANY variables in this stuff it is unbelievable.

Dave
                    Last edited by Turion; 05-11-2017, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• :-)

here we go
                      Attached Files

Comment

here we go
                        For some reason i can't load that picture, in fact this website is
                        locking up even on text from my location.
                        Last edited by BroMikey; 05-24-2017, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• Black Box

It's just a black box with a motor connected to a shaft coming out of it. Nothing exciting. I'm already at work on the next one, which runs on fewer amps and produces more output. I'll just add it to my collection.

Comment

here we go
                            Thanks for all of the information shared over the years, LOOKING BEAUTIFUL!

Enjoy!
                            "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin + Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Here is turions picture, for those that cannot get it.

peace love light

Comment

• Update

My problem now is the output of the generator seems to only meet the demand. Connect to a battery, it only outputs 12 volts 2.3 amps. Connect to a 300 watt light, it outputs 60 volts DC at 2.3 amps.

2.4 seems to be max amp output. And Open voltage is 257. I have seen 257 at 2.4 amps when connected to a battery bank, but I did NOT get the speed up under load during that experiment.

Still lots of things to figure out. I wish I was an electrical engineer. Of course then I would know this couldn't possibly work so would never have tried it in the first place. oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X