No announcement yet.

William F. Skinner - 1939 Gravity Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I got to see some parts of it today. I like the diagrams and graphics here, too. Watching pieces of the video today made the whole thing "click" in my mind. Seems like a rough POC would be easy to put together with stuff I have around here.

I didn't get through the whole video yet, but any chance you measure input vs output?

Comment

bearing

Originally posted by artoj View Post
      Thanks Aaron, lots of great work, it looks like this will be a goer. Here is some ideas about the lower pivot and engagement to the transfer sprocket. Regards Arto

Also these ideas.
      Ok, I see what you're getting at. I just used a bushing type bearing with flange...the bushing doesn't only just let a shaft turn like a bearing but the ones I use can actually pivot. So putting the lever shaft through this kind of bearing, it automatically allows it to have more than just a perpendicular relationship between the shaft and bearing. I'll post a picture later.
      Sincerely,
      Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
      Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
      RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

~Gri to Aaron~

Originally posted by [url=http://www.energeticforum.com/viewthread.php?post=256533]Aaron[/url]
        Gri, I still don't know what you're really asking.
        You have tested the copy-pasting
        of posts with overunity's default quotes
        from overunity to energeticforum.
        And it is visible why the link in pasted quote header
        can not be operable.

Now please repeat the same action
        with my definite post
        1939 Gravity Power - multiply power by 1200% .

Originally posted by [url=http://www.energeticforum.com/viewthread.php?post=256533]Aaron[/url]
        If you need a link that goes directly to a post,
        use the link to the #x at the top right (not the permalink)
        and it will take you directly to a post.
        I have implemented the operable link format
        for vBulletin forum
        in quote headers in this my post.
        Unfortunately, this format is not being used BY DEFAULT
        and even is not being suggested anywhere on the display -
        instead of (or besides) the permalink.

The # link is also bad -
        the links operability should have been preserved by the developers
        for cases of free moving of the original posts
        along different threads,
        when the position of the posts will change inside a next thread
        and will stop the operability of the links in quotes' headers
        because of position number of the original post
        having been moved.

Comment

more ideas

Thanks Aaron, great video. Here is more stuff I drew last night. Regards Arto.

Comment

that's great, artoj, a U-joint for the base, super simple. The main source for u-joints that I know of is from cars. Does anyone know of a source of smaller ones?

Also, a ball joint for the top input lever might be useful.

Comment

cv joint

Automotive cv joints will work as well.
              William Reed

Comment

Pulley sizes

Here are some more crucial details that is important to replicate Skinners original. The motor is similar design and power to Skinners and was popular in the 1930's. Regards Arto.

Comment

Here are some car parts that will work for the bottom joint on the output shaft. These type of wheel hubs come commonly with a rotary code sensor. I hope this helps.

1139591D2FrontW_00000064270.jpg
                  Last edited by rosehillworks; 06-01-2014, 03:59 PM.
                  William Reed

Comment

ATV's (all terrain vehicles) have smaller, lighter, but very strong CV joints. They are much cheaper than automotive joints and can be purchased used at ATV salvage yards.

Comment

Originally posted by gene gene View Post
                      ATV's (all terrain vehicles) have smaller, lighter, but very strong CV joints. They are much cheaper than automotive joints and can be purchased used at ATV salvage yards.
                      Thanks! that's the kind of thing we need, cheap and readily available parts!

Comment

Originally posted by velacreations View Post
                        that's great, artoj, a U-joint for the base, super simple. The main source for u-joints that I know of is from cars. Does anyone know of a source of smaller ones?

Also, a ball joint for the top input lever might be useful.
                        3 4" Round x 1" DD Black Powder Coated Steering Shaft U Joint Column Size Column | eBay

Steering U joints are cheap and if you have close junk yard they easy to get. Soak them in a little penetrating oil if bound up.

Matt

Comment

You are correct, however for the large axial loads which these devices would develop when using large heavy weights it seems to me that the automotive parts might be appropriate. If you look closely at the hub I posted they are easily mounted on a piece of flat plate steel, and it would not be hard to mount any sprocket that you might need for the drive mechanism directly to the wheel hub.

Originally posted by gene gene View Post
                          Last edited by rosehillworks; 06-01-2014, 05:52 PM.
                          William Reed

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                            3 4" Round x 1" DD Black Powder Coated Steering Shaft U Joint Column Size Column | eBay

Steering U joints are cheap and if you have close junk yard they easy to get. Soak them in a little penetrating oil if bound up.

Matt
                            oh yeah, that's a great idea, too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Aaron

"Where I want to go with it as time permits is to have a Scotch Yoke type assembly like in a Bourke Engine but the input is the shaft off centered and the output is the back and forth action moving levers."

Perhaps a hypocycloidal gear would be appropriate in this mechanism.
                              tusi_gears_animation.jpg
                              Last edited by rosehillworks; 06-01-2014, 08:36 PM.
                              William Reed

Comment

Ellipse

Here are some more updates, I totally agree with Aaron that an elliptical path is required. Here are some more pics. Regards Arto.

Also this updates the pulleys pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X