Hi guys I am back

This man is showing a Newman motor self running so there

ya go. Enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcd7B1qoDPE

Leave a comment:

• Joit
    replied
    Originally posted by mikrovolt View Post

What about the ratio of diameters of wimshurst and newman in the double newman ?
    what about wire size and number of turns, the commutator, carbon brushes ?
    Well, dont know how he can make the wimhurst part more efficient, maybe a bigger segment, maybe more segments. As it shows in more videos, the wimhurst generate faster a charge by faster turns, so maybe a transmission ratio, since he says, a wimhurst have no resistance with load on it.
    It only looks for me like, that the charging at the way how newman it does is different to the standard way, that spikes are a very fast charging, so that the batteries charge different as normal.
    Batteries in common seems usual dont work well with charged and quickly discharge, so i am not sure if it really works to charge them back from another source and let them provide the energy.

For the brushes, i think there is carbon taken because it's simple is the most reliable connection. For the commutator it really seems like its better, when you have one what makes more pulses, i still think about, how much more improvement that shorting the coils short before can have, that it can increase the back pulse.

And yes, a flywheel is maybe needed, to slow the rotor a bit to the point, where the current at the coil appears.
    I ponder a bit about that too, why he has the magnets arranged with a distance between them. Because when you would hold 2 north pointing magnests beside eachother, it gives a stronger field torwards her poles.

Leave a comment:

• mikrovolt
    replied
    All the replications are clever combinations but not one replication is operating with a rotor weight distribution, slow speed where magnetic characteristics would remotely resemble the original except a scaled working model that Newman himself made.

It's really great to pursue Styrofoam motors if the weight of the rotor is used as to measure of torque on small models. The same with fly wheels the design parameters needs to follow the criteria of the design and that needs specific details for replication and 40 years later there are a few window motors.

newman10.JPG

This lack of details was the mistake of the past. Because there is a large inventory of failed attempts and 40 year old classics which are not detailed
    there is a discerning group who are finding the fakes. Truth is becoming
    more important to some and the rest don't care however truth is being sorted into catagories just like all the junk on ebay.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by mikrovolt View Post
    I found a video that shows a modified newman that that uses a wimshurst.
    I like the double newman wimshurst.
    The newman motor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcmmGGL--J8
    The double newman wimshurst
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq5iWkh58sM

He mentions an improvement when using a spark gap.

Here is that comment from the owner of the video. He says
    it is just a DC motor.

The second video the man's primary mover is 2 DC motors

He calls it a cool experiment and probably needs to charge the

battery after a few minutes of operation.

People build the NEWMAN motor and then when it doesn't

work they try to make sense of having it so they hook it

to something else hoping for the right combination of

conversions. Many have stumbled onto free energy conversion

processes by accident just this way.

It is a cool experiment he says, and that is all it is.

The other guy runs a battery flat out in 4 hours so

no recharging of the primary is happening.

I watched a video this week where the guy said he built a big

expensive NEWMAN motor and was on all of the threads with

NEWMAN and he said that NEWMAN was less than honest

when it came down to specific details to run his big replication.

He is all over youtube warning people about what happened to him.

Maybe someday soon a NEWMAN motor will emerge that powers

itself but for now after 40 long years no one has shown one.

I would rather build a window motor like JOHN BEDINI makes.

The principles are very close to the same thing.

Rotating magnets inside of 2 windings arranged pretty much

the same way. One winding above and one below.

To me its a window motor.

It could be a SSG or a window motor or a Newman motor

or a Gray motor or an ADAMS motor or who knows the

other guys names motor

Each one produces a separate characteristic but all

are about a 1 COP.

The key to all magnet motors going OverUnity is to build

magnetic Gates out of magnetic materials that reverse

polarity from the pulsating coils.

jasonTpedersen 1 year ago
    Not sure how to measure watts out. It was a 18v drill battery and would run for around 4 hours. The battery says 2.5ah. I took that setup apart and used the wheel for a bedini wheel so i cant even test that exact setup anymore. Also , my commutator was good but not any where close to how it should be in order to get a motor of this type to get to over unity. I basicly had a home maid DC motor. But it was a great project and i learned a whole lot from it
    Last edited by BroMikey; 06-09-2015, 03:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mikrovolt
    replied
    I found a video that shows a modified newman that that uses a wimshurst.
    I like the double newman wimshurst.
    The newman motor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcmmGGL--J8
    The double newman wimshurst
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq5iWkh58sM

He mentions an improvement when using a spark gap.

In another video shows a high speed low torque.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7HqSVo60KY

What about the ratio of diameters of wimshurst and newman in the double newman ?
    what about wire size and number of turns, the commutator, carbon brushes ?
    Last edited by mikrovolt; 06-09-2015, 03:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Also Newman claims that his motors take anywhere

from 3000-7000 lbs of copper magnet wire to be put into

one motor. Not counting all of the machining, just the

copper magnet wire.

That is say a 5000lb medium build midsize motor at approx

going rate of $10 per pound for wire = $50,000

Just for the copper of a middle of the road attempt.

You can buy a lot of jelly beans/ biscuits and gravy for

say a $100,000 dollar motor? Minimum?

Not to mention hiring Joe to make sure your endeavor

doesn't go over $200,000 for a larger motor.

That is a lot of mula for watching 9v battery strings

charge themselves.

Woe Wee isn't that special.
    Last edited by BroMikey; 06-08-2015, 03:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied

personality quirks that drive a lot of people crazy.

Mistake number one was trusting the US patent system to act

Mistake number two was to go nuts with his claims of free energy.

Mistake number three was to build this huge, expensive demonstration device.

Also, I might add, they were attentive to the people side of things, the politics, if you will. Read the stories of Ford, Edison, Westinghouse, etc. There are many to choose from.

I'm trying to remember the name of one other famous inventor that made a huge fortune and changed the world

I believe it can still be done, if indeed, his machine is able to do what he claims. In my view, it is entirely possible, simply not proven to my personal satisfaction.
    Joit let me tell one other thing.

Unless an inventor can either be completely corrupted or exploited

the people that make this world turn won't take you or your device.

Do you know who picks and chooses who's invention is excepted

for manufacturing and distribution?

When you buy a gun to shoot people with, then you will understand

the mind of those who run the world. I doubt you could ever shoot

anyone. The world is run by men who are willing to murder to have

THEIR systems continuing on its present course.

There is no magical/ get lucky invention that make you billions.

You either roll over an take it the way THEY want to give it to

you or you are rejected. You are either inside of the ELITE

families or you are nothing.

All of the big names mentioned here did not get wealthy by accident

or chance. It is a family thing.

Mikey
    Last edited by BroMikey; 06-08-2015, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wayne.ct
    replied
    Showman Joseph Newman

I had to break away without properly finishing my thought. It is too bad for Joseph Newman that he is a backyard tinker and a showman, and not an educated engineer. On top of that, he has some other personality quirks that drive a lot of people crazy. If you want to study someone else who may be on the same track as Newman, I would suggest you follow what Paul Babcock is doing. The common thread is this. They both like big massive copper coils and they both claim to have observed excess energy. There are other bits and pieces, too, but those are the main ones.

Now, you have to admit, if you have read his book, Newman has his own unique theory about how it all works. And, frankly, his theory is unusual and extremely counter-intuitive, especially if you are educated along conventional lines. Essentially, he claims that there is a sort of chain reaction in a mass of copper, when you pass a current through it. The current causes x copper atoms to align their magnetic axis which causes 2x atoms to become aligned which causes 4x atoms, 8x atoms, etc. This means, says Joe, that for some amount of current, you can get a huge disproportionate amount of magnetic force with no additional input of energy. This theory has not been adequately explored, in my opinion, but Joe Newman is not alone in having used his notions to build devices based on his ideas.

Unfortunately, his personality quirks and some of the decisions he has made along the way, have limited, capped or destroyed his reputation. You pick where you stand along that spectrum.

Mistake number one was trusting the US patent system to act without partiality and do their job with honesty and integrity. If you carefully study the history of such things, you should know better than try to patent anything that challenges the hegemony of the government, the banks, the oil interests or any other substantial industry that might feel too threatened. He did and he suffered for it.

Mistake number two was to go nuts with his claims of free energy. This, by itself, is enough to cause all sorts of know-it-alls and academics to try to shoot holes in one's work. People willing to go against the crowd are rare. You have to lay low and let your results talk for you. Let other people make the grand claims about YOUR work, and be self deprecating. One needs to develop a following, a sound financial base, and so many other things, before you "spin out" and lose control.

Mistake number three was to build this huge, expensive demonstration device. Successful revolutionaries in the industrial world started out small and paid close attention to the business side of things. Also, I might add, they were attentive to the people side of things, the politics, if you will. Read the stories of Ford, Edison, Westinghouse, etc. There are many to choose from. I'm trying to remember the name of one other famous inventor that made a huge fortune and changed the world, but it doesn't really matter. The stories seem to parallel each other. Invent a small device and sell 10. Then 100. Then 1000, 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000. Be sure you make a small profit on each one, and increase the profit as you go along. Not doing things this way was a huge mistake. Did he really sell 1 for $2,000,000? It doesn't really matter because the money was totally wasted.

This really focuses the spotlight on the posts by Max. The device tested by the NBS for the USPTO, was really not that large. But, see how things got screwed up? That pretty much proves these three mistakes were devastating. I hope someone gets through to Joe Newman before it is too late and he is able to see the problems he made and rectify them. I believe it can still be done, if indeed, his machine is able to do what he claims. In my view, it is entirely possible, simply not proven to my personal satisfaction.

Leave a comment:

• maxc
    replied
    Need too finish it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Joit
    replied
    Bromikey,

I actually asked me a few of this Questions too, but seriously, i dont have enough backround to answer it, why he dont do a mass production or sell them puplic. Do YOU have that backround, that you can say it, what his problem is?
    Could be, he sold already a few, as he stated once, could be, that he have other income from a second business, what he maybe have and do this as hobby, or could be, he got other problems by seling it to companies, when he dont have a patent or has some non-disclosure contracts already, what he cant speak about it.
    Or he only likes to show peoples a motor what runs on its own source without depleting it.
    That is something where you didnt really point out as you asked for a closed-loop selfrunner.
    It anyhow gives the impression, you did not really think about his principle, and, like citfa mentions above, it doesnt really matters how much the source is, when it recharges it. It is not only A,ps for Volts, when he keep the source charged.
    I could only think of that, that he did need that much power, to have enough torque and acceleration for this car.

I do not trust Peoples, what claims "something dont work" without tried to build a Device by her own, or had something similar and claim it doesnt work and neither the Economy.
    Ie. what a salesman needs today are sales, not a device what can aave money. Just look at the walmart and the lot of mass ofjunk what they have at her shelves. All made to break in few months and to cheap to repair it, because sales are what counts. And therefor is the supply what they choose.
    Mass articles what are good to make more sales, but nothing for to last for long.
    And best is, when you can make a new cover on this cheap junk and sell it in 6 months again new, because it has one more shiny led on it

It also is hard to say, what you could do with this motors, run a Pump or run a fan with it? It has not the acceleration what you mostly need from a motor or the high rpm what someone mostly need on certain machines.
    But i could figure, you can drive some slow bicycles with such motors, even, you could do it already because the way it is build with a lot copper, it provides really great torque already, with or without chargin its source.
    And i say, even better as the motors, what they already buiild into it right now.

Its also right that you cant trust youtube videos, since there are alot hoaxers and other comedians out, what like to build something with hidden tricks just to fool peoples or bring them to her website to sell any crap plans.

Well, back to the Newman motor. Once someone wrote here, that he bought 2 from his motors, and all what he saw was disturbing the televisions from his neighbours 2 blocks when he let run it.
    The newman motor is right now something i cant suggest, to build and expect, that it simple works right now.
    I dont even know, if its really needed to have so much copper, because the magnets he use at his devices seems even dont saturate the copper complete.
    When someone want to build it, then maybe just take enough copper that you see a strong force when you short the coil by turning the shaft. The commutator is some tricky to play around with it too.
    If you dont want to bother, then just dont build it and forget about it and save your time.

Leave a comment:

• maxc
    replied
    simple switching commutator

I've been trying too design a simple commutator no 'wheel' only magnets.
    2 nights ago I woke up at 4am saying 'teeter totter; 'teeter totter lol!
    1 magnet each end opposite poles, spring one end, dual brushes polarity correct one end. Self oscillating. In my setup when the battery is very weak. When the polarity of spark gaps is switched the moter won't run. Enough said.

Leave a comment:

• wayne.ct
    replied
    Additional comments

First, Thanks to Max for explaining his comment. Yes, your comment is appropriate.

Second, I see Carroll and I have a lot in common. We apparently have the same Newman book!

Third, Newman is a showman and not the engineer he would like to be.

Tough for you, Joe.

Leave a comment:

• citfta
    replied
    WOW WOW WOW

I am so glad to see you are finally starting to wise up and not believe everything you see on YouTube or hear about from this source or that source. I actually have an original Joseph Newman Energy Machine book from back in the 1980's. I was very intrigued by what he wrote. But then I saw an article where he was actually driving a car powered by one of his motors and some 9 volt batteries. I am sure you are thinking the same thing I thought. He can run a car on 9 volt batteries! That is amazing! Then I found out he was using a couple of thousand of them connected in series and parallel to give him a couple of thousand volts at a few amps. He was just trading volts for amps. Nothing magical or OU about that at all. I was very disappointed in him.

Now maybe you can understand why those of us that have been at this a while are not so quick to jump on the bandwagon for every guy that comes on YouTube or this forum claiming he's "GOT IT" and then doesn't show any real proof he has anything.

I most definitely believe OU is possible. But I am very skeptical of those making wild claims when they show nothing to back those claims up. And since I have been at this a while I have seen a lot of the same old stuff shown over and over again that still doesn't work.

Respectfully,
    Carroll

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    I believe I believe

Originally posted by Joit View Post
    J. Newman complained about, that they grounded the device
    https://youtu.be/pHUbRC5Pigo?t=39m15s
    Joe has been pushed around long enough. Maybe a factory

in the last 40 years could have gotten some of that energy

from one of these machines. Maybe a Small business could have

seen some saving from one of Joes machines? Nothing.

Maybe in the last 40 some year someone somewhere could show

how much money they saved running one of these machines?

Nothing.

Maybe it is not cost effective. Maybe some have tried it.

You would think that a small factory would have taken Joe N

on for a few bucks to see if the machine could save money.

Nothing.

You would think that factories running $100,000 power bills

could afford several thousand to save 10X that much.

Nothing.

If Joe is really doing what he says maybe he could run something

non stop, such as a large water pump shooting the water into

the air to show farmers around the world that he has a free

never ending water fountain.

Nothing.

Joe keeps saying that people COULD pump water and that people

COULD do this this and people COULD do that with his machine

but never a working example, never.

Nothing in 40 years that shows a closed loop self runner.

Nothing.

Does any one ever think about how long 40 years is?

40 years is plenty of time to show a functioning working example

of a self running machine powering something especially with

Joe starting out in the 70's as a young Engineer so highly

intelligent. Of course Joe says all of those standing around

must not be very smart because they don't believe his carnival

sales approach is really real stuff.

Nothing from nothing = Nothing

And that is all we as the general populous has for a working self

runner.

Zero.

Leave a comment:

• Joit
    replied
    J. Newman complained about, that they grounded the device
    https://youtu.be/pHUbRC5Pigo?t=39m15s
    Last edited by Joit; 06-07-2015, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X