Newman Motor Finally Explained?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGi2kvZH46Y

The work of this researcher was on the right track, but he gave data on his results, a pity that he could not continue, there was much speculation in the comments because he concluded his research.

But there we have his videos and his data, and that allows us to study his progress or challenges to face, all the replicas of the projects guide us and help us advance in replicating and improving them.

I would like to know if BroMikey, did you make a replica of the newton engine and your results, I ask you why you are a very enthusiastic experimenter and researcher

Comment

• I would like to know if anyone else out there has successfully replicated Newman's 200# coil motor. Mr. Geoffrey Miller of Energy Bat labs has constructed several large Newman motors but he does not openly share any of the performance data. This design was released in one of the last editions of Newman's book. It costs about $10,000 to replicate in today's prices. All the Newman motors that I see online are small versions with less than 20lbs of wire. Newman vehemently states that a lot of copper is necessary to achieve the OU effect.

Comment

• If so, to have something Newman tells us, you need a lot of copper, and little current.

But it is good to make replicas, it is understood what Joseph Newman wanted to tell us or try.
        There are very good projects from many users.

In a part of this forum it is said that he shorted the back fem, but if you watch the videos, he has large capacitors where it seems that he was capturing the recoil.
        Let's keep commenting and studying
        Last edited by alexelectric; 07-26-2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Hey Alex,

You're right.. His later models used capacitors and no shorting of the circuit.. If you watch the 2017 Geoff Miller presentation on Newman motors (ETSC) he explains the same. The coil reverses polarity each 1/2 turn and the capacitor catches the back EMF spike on circuit opening. Also, check the drawing I posted on 7/23/21 - it depicts this commutator design.

I see it as four phases of rotation; first 1/4 turn connect coil forward, 2nd quarter turn coil is OFF, 3rd quarter turn coil is connected reverse, 4th quarter coil is off. Capacitor must be an AC capacitor.

I wrapped a 26k turn coil the other day of AWG 30 (1262 Ohms and 22 Henrys) to see how it performed on a pulse motor. I had to give it about 90 volts DC to get good rotation. It seems to act sluggish and could only get about 2.5 watts into it.. but a similar coil with 1000 turns of AWG 18 or 20, 12v will spin the rotor similar speed but at 5Watts input. So I could see the more copper the more efficient the motor becomes.

This made sense to me when I thought about Equations for Magnetic Field Strength, Ohms law, and Power. (forgive me if this is an elementary EE understanding...I'm not an EE)

B~ (I x N).... If I double the Coil turns the current will go down by 1/2; it's a onene relationship
          P~ (I^2 x R)... As I increase the turns the reduction in Current is a squared relationship to Resistance and Power.. so there should be an exponential power efficiency improvement with reduced current...

Example.. I have a hypothetical Coil with 2 Amps Current, 10 Ohms Resistance... P = 40 watts ((2 Amps^2)*10 Ohms)

Now I double the Coil turns, the current gets cut in half, and the Resistance Doubles.. should be same magnetic Field Strength since B ~ I x N (assuming coil radius average doesn't change significantly)

P = 1 x 20 ((1Amp^2)x(20 Ohms)) = 20 Watts... So double the coil size takes 1/2 the power for same Magnetic field strength... or even if my assumptions are off, say it's 25 or 30 watts.. it will be more efficient than first example...

Newman took this to the extreme and had coils in the hundred pounds range and then pumped 1000-2000 volts into them.. The shaft torque produced was able to mechanically power a generator for over unity or a gen coil was wrapped around the drive coils for same purpose..

I believe why his technology did not take off is because so much copper is expensive; 200# x $120/lb = $2.4k for maybe 50 watts production..(I have no idea but it wasn't 10kW or we'd have them on the market today)...

Nonetheless, if there is anyone out there who has built a LARGE Newman motor - I'd love to hear the performance data on it.

Thx

Comment

• picking up the comments
            Has anyone continued with the construction of a Newman engine and can mention their results.
            Newman's work is interesting
            And there are elements that allow better performance to be obtained in Joseph Newman's proposal,
            how is he;
            the magnetic field
            The magnets
            the amount of copper
            the current

now I ask can I make an engine like some of Joseph Newman's engine proposals
            where I used 1 ampere in the coil and get a given power, and then get twice the power at the output and continue using the same amperage 1 amp

Comment

• image_24323.gif
              Does anyone know how many amps this Newman motor consumes at 2000 volts that it can be seen applying to it, and how many hp it generates.

if anyone knows the data please comment

Comment

• I know that the Joseph Newman engine was analyzed and well commented by several users of this forum, and thanks to them we have details of the Newman engine

But I wonder what happened to these researchers who studied and analyzed know about it.
                I'll put them if someone can tell if they changed their name

vidbid

Duncan

clarence

Faraday88

I hope you are well and regards

Comment

• Originally posted by alexelectric View Post
                  I know that the Joseph Newman engine was analyzed and well commented by several users of this forum, and thanks to them we have details of the Newman engine

But I wonder what happened to these researchers who studied and analyzed know about it.
                  I'll put them if someone can tell if they changed their name

vidbid

Duncan

clarence

Faraday88

I hope you are well and regards
                  I'm fine, thank you.

Vin Yasi's answer: Take a close look at the photo, above. Those so-called bar magnets are, in reality, PVC canisters of helium wrapped with an open coil. {"Open" implies not connected to anything and not self-shorted.} Helium will not respond to an electromagnetic field. And Newman's coil does ...

Comment

• Clarence passed away some time ago. His granddaughter e-mailed me after it happened.
                    Don't know the rest.

​​​​​

Comment

• guys I was thinking, but if we follow Energy Hack's reasoning, I've been thinking for some time if it was convenient to make a permanent magnet generator with a stator of large coils of thin wire to have high voltage and few watts, and therefore little resistance in torsion, and then bring the voltage produced back to that of the normal network to power the motor that should do the work, wouldn't it be convenient? If it is true that the magnetic field is produced by the intensity of the current and not by its voltage

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                        Clarence passed away some time ago. His granddaughter e-mailed me after it happened.
                        Don't know the rest.

​​​​​

thanks for the information we remember it with effect you have many projects and ideas on how to obtain better energy efficiency, rest in peace

Clarence

BroMikey

Comment

Working...
                        X