Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
    Hey ole friend,
    Looks as though you'll need the 2000 volt caps to catch spikes from 10 pounds of coil for sure. Will you place a second coil above the rotor for generating? Yours will be a self motoring unit I believe. Good idea with the upright plastic holders.

My finances and snail speed brain holds up my progress. But as I can still get down to the old shop to build a little more.

Thanks for inviting me to see your build and ideas. With all these storms here in our areas we may need some backup power.

Time to nuke the coffee while watching morning unfold and admire your good handiwork.

wantomake
    Hello Wantomake,

YES! I will make the second top coil as the Diagram recommends as funds become available.

The plastic supports are from an 1/2 inch thick 18 X 30 plain FLAT cutting
    board from Amazon.com . They were all cut to EXACTNESS with an accurate
    table saw and then precision stacked and drilled and bored. The perfect 90
    degree braces were cut from the same type cutting board and are necessary
    the whole unit in alignment.

The commutators and brush holders and brushes are from Eurton Electric Co.
    They have an online buy site.
    The Four hole self aligning bearing supports are from E-bay.com - seller is
    King of bearings.
    The shaft is steel 5/8 dia X 3 feet from Amazon and so are the shaft couplings.
    The hex shaft ( 17 inch length ) is from Speedy Metals.com .
    The 48 magnets are from Super Magnet Store.com and are N42 .
    The Battery holders and 9 volt batteries are by TENERGY and came from Amazon.com also .

After MUCH finger blood and cussing I finally learned the secret to installing the magnets safely and easily on the hex shaft. Simple - was two 4 inch
    pieces of 3/16 weld rod (un coated) . Placed the two countersunk magnet
    holes over the rods inserted into the hex shaft screw holes and then slid the
    magnet down into place. Easy at last.

Once running on its own I will use another coupling (Shown on far right) to attach an AC Delco Alternator to the unit and use it's constant output to
    power my 3000 watt Aims Inverter and Power Computer,Lights, etc @ 120 volts AC.

Enough words. Thanks for listening!
    Happy Sippin!

Respectfully,

Clarence
    Attached Files
    Last edited by clarence; 04-25-2018, 03:42 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Bill Burr - Newmans' Motor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6F6rLdKhzk

Joe Newman according to Bill Burr

Comment

• Originally posted by KI7DJL View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6F6rLdKhzk

Joe Newman according to Bill Burr
        KI7DJL,
        There's only one person that I know is building J. Newman machine right now. Bill Burr is right spot on about the America we know is brain washed to accept what is common place and not try to break free.

What a shame....
        I will break free one day.
        wantomake

Comment

KI7DJL,
          There's only one person that I know is building J. Newman machine right now. Bill Burr is right spot on about the America we know is brain washed to accept what is common place and not try to break free.

What a shame....
          I will break free one day.
          wantomake
          Hello Wantomake,

Been winding the Coil #1 .
          Am almost through with the First 5 LB Spool of # 20 AWG.

Soon as I am through and have Given a brief voltage test to the Coil and Magnet Rotor I will include more Pic's.

Been watching your efforts. Looks Good.

Later - Ole Friend !

Respectfully,

Clarence

Comment

• Clarence,
            Thanks ole friend. Just got in from shop. Good weather and time to work on the project. But enough for one day.

Thanks for the kind words.
            wantomake

Comment

• Same video?

Vidbid
              Is this same video where at the end in a interview he starts cursing and gets very angry with guy on the sofa?

If yes, then hasn't that been rehashed already?

If not. I'll check it out.

wantomake

Comment

• Already rehashed-but not fully understood

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                Vidbid
                Is this same video where at the end in a interview he starts cursing and gets very angry with guy on the sofa?

wantomake
                Hello Wantomake,

Hello Ole Friend,

Yes -rehashed many times by MANY-Understood by FEW. Correctly built built By NONE as far as I know.

I am building CORRECTLY Step by Step.

I finished my wind of the SINGLE 10 LB coil yesterday. Some expense - but
                LOT'S of time and effort.
                Just as a quick Voltage Test of the coil, I positioned it under and Up close as
                possible beneath the Magnet Rotor Assembly by just loosely blocking under the coil form for the quick voltage test.
                Then I took my SERIES 9 volt battery units with a temp DC voltage of 105.40
                volts DC to the coil ends (leaving the Positive end NOT connected yet) .
                Then I hand TOUCHED the Two Positive ends together to give it the test.
                WOW!!!!!!!!!
                The Magnet Rotor blasted into action spinning.
                The Coil in it's form took off in the opposite direction from the rotor spin.
                As a result the Magnet Rotor was stopped by hitting against the Coil Form
                and all action ceased. Then I released the + Positive coil voltage connection.

All this tells me that the Coil Wind was very good and that the magnetic field interaction does exactly as its supposed.
                So Today I will fab the permanent plastic supports to hold the Coil form UP and SECURELY in place and move on with further testing.

All takes time and effort. So hang on Ole Friend!

Respectfully ,

Clarence

Comment

• Nothing to rehash, Newman was a fraud and con man

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                  Vidbid

wantomake

He tried to bilk me out of 150,000 bucks to invest in putting his wonder motor in a car. We were best pals until I said the evil words 'test equipment'. Thats right to seal the deal I told him I needed to test it to make sure it works as advertised, and then he treated me the same way he treated the guy on the video. He knew the damn thing didnt work and would not let anyone near it who could prove it.

Feel sorry for anyone wasting money on miles of wire to build monster coils.

There are far better things to play with like stifflers toys that actually work.

Newman ranks right up there with other magicians like Don Smith and Steven Marks with his mysterious magic tpu!
                  Last edited by Kokomoj0; 05-06-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokomoj0 View Post
                    He tried to bilk me out of 150,000 bucks to invest in putting his wonder motor in a car. We were best pals until I said the evil words 'test equipment'. Thats right to seal the deal I told him I needed to test it to make sure it works as advertised, and then he treated me the same way he treated the guy on the video. He knew the damn thing didnt work and would not let anyone near it who could prove it.

Feel sorry for anyone wasting money on miles of wire to build monster coils.

There are far better things to play with like stifflers toys that actually work.

Newman ranks right up there with other magicians like Don Smith and Steven Marks with his mysterious magic tpu!
                    For those of us that actually build, we will find out for ourselves the "truth" about Newman's motor. Forgive me but I don't know you or the validity of your story. You build it, test it, show your results, then maybe we'll listen. Or not.

I usually don't waste my time with your type of post. Too many nay sayers and those getting checks from oil cartels here.

If we are wasting OUR time and money, then we will know the truth. How do we know you are warning us or trying to stop the truth. No offense.

wantomake
                    PS:I'll not address any such post again.

Comment

For those of us that actually build, we will find out for ourselves the "truth" about Newman's motor. Forgive me but I don't know you or the validity of your story. You build it, test it, show your results, then maybe we'll listen. Or not.

I usually don't waste my time with your type of post. Too many nay sayers and those getting checks from oil cartels here.

If we are wasting OUR time and money, then we will know the truth. How do we know you are warning us or trying to stop the truth. No offense.

wantomake
                      PS:I'll not address any such post again.
                      How does a devcice that maxed out at 67% efficiency produce ou?

American Association for the Advancement of Science

July 11, 1986

SECTION: Vol. 233 ; Pg. 154; ISSN: 0036-8075

LENGTH: 412 words

HEADLINE: Newman's " energy output" machine put to the test; Joseph Newman

BYLINE: Sun, Marjorie

BODY:
                      Newman's " Energy Output" Machine Put to the Test

What's a device with a battery pack, a magnet, and a coil wired together?

For the past 6 years, Joseph Newman, an inventor from Mississippi, has been loudly proclaiming that it's a revolutionary machine which produces more power than it uses. The National Bureau of Standards recently issued its own verdict after analyzing Newman's machine: "In none of tests did the device's approach 100%.... Our results are clear and unequivocal," the bureau said.

Newman has gone to great lengths to try to win a patent on his energy output machine. When the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office indicated in 1984 that the device did not work, Newman sued the agency. He hired a publicist, andthe media often portrayed him as an underdog pitted against the scientific establishment. Then the court ordered Newman to submit the machine to the National Bureau of Standards for testing. Newman reluctantly complied.

A physicist and two electrical engineers from the bureau tested the machine in a variety of ways to measure its energy input and output and used instrumentation that is common in research engineering laboratories. The sole power source of the device was 116 9-volt batteries. According to the test results, the device's efficiency ranged from 27 to 67%, depending on the voltage, the power drawn from the device, and the condition of insulating tape on one of the parts. (The tape kept burning from sparks generated by the machine, which caused the efficiency to drop and had to be replaced frequently.)

According to John Lyons, director of the bureau's National Engineering Laboratory, the device basically converted direct current to alternating current. He noted that there are several machines already on the market that do the same thing, but they run at 90% efficiency or higher. Newman had court permission to observe the bureau's tests, but never
                      appeared for any of the experiments
                      Personally I think you do the ou community a huge disservice when just because I point out that these guys are frauds you sing to the 'faithful' believers by making a drive by hit and run post accusing me being in bed with the oil cartels. That is in fact very offensive.

Its impossible to get ou from coils and caps, sorry to be the spoiler. All one need do is study the laws of entropy as it applies to electricity.

When you consider an electric circuit, you have an energy source which is the emf of the battery. There may be resistive components. One peculiar property of resistive components is that they develop heat. The principle behind it is simple. An electric resistor is a metal having a constant conductivity. A metal contains atoms tightly packed. So even though there are free electron availability in a metal, these electrons find themselves difficult to move through this less inter atomic spaces. The electrons on acquiring energy accelerates through this metal which increases the possibility of inelastic collisions with the atoms. So the electron loses some of its kinetic energy. This energy appears in the form of lattice heat. This is the origin of resistance.

This means that resistance correspond to energy lose of electrons , which in turn refers to the increase in lattice heat. This increase in lattice heat is irretrievable and is lost. By Joule's law we can see that the heat energy dissipated by current I flowing through a resistor of resistance R is:
                      H=I^2*R

This energy in the crystal lattice induce thermal movement of electrons which will be in a random direction. (In the case of emf, it gives the electrons a proper direction to move, but that's not the case when you heat it). This randomness you can define by entropy. We define change in entropy by: dS=dQ/T, where dQ is the change in heat energy between two time intervals and T is the final temperature. Applying the corresponding quantities from the electric circuit analysis you could determine the entropy of the electrons inside the circuit.
                      https://physics.stackexchange.com/qu...ciated-entropy
                      From what I just posted you should recognize who I am Should the day ever come that someone is able to show ou from coils and caps then the circuit is acting like a receiver.

There may be others I do not know about, but I do like stifflers work, and even that is not 'ou', even though he uses 3 coils and a ground wire with no power source what so ever to light several leds through what he is calling spatial coherence, and there has been several successful replications. Stifflers circuit is three meticulously tuned coils with no power supply operating as a high impedance receiver.

Personally, I prefer the tesla approach to coil design, who contrary to edison, calculated the probability of something successfully working 'prior' to building while edisons design philosophy was literally to throw doo doo at the wall haphazardly building until he found something that would stick.
                      Last edited by Kokomoj0; 05-07-2018, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• That's like choosing sides, kokomojo.

in the documentary there are people actually siding with Newman.. who happens to be electrical engineers too..
                        so do the guys who are in Position have higher credibility than those who are not?.. yet they all are electrical engineers?..
                        covered in the video newman's side is contesting that the entire testing was not done properly.. they had the prototype grounded, which it should not, as you would have all the inductive discharges to ground.

unwise for people who are trying to achieve OU..

just because you did not get good terms with the guy doesn't make him a con..

In general, you should not define people by their current behavior.

Comment

• Thanks

Originally posted by ricards View Post
                          That's like choosing sides, kokomojo.

in the documentary there are people actually siding with Newman.. who happens to be electrical engineers too..
                          so do the guys who are in Position have higher credibility than those who are not?.. yet they all are electrical engineers?..
                          covered in the video newman's side is contesting that the entire testing was not done properly.. they had the prototype grounded, which it should not, as you would have all the inductive discharges to ground.

unwise for people who are trying to achieve OU..

just because you did not get good terms with the guy doesn't make him a con..

In general, you should not define people by their current behavior.
                          Hello ricards,

Thanks for your heart felt words of support for this thread.

J W Newman quite openly tested his machines long before he advocated their use by anyone else.
                          When advancing my build Step By Step here at home, I do the same. If there is a problem I simply figure out how to overcome it at that stage of build and when eliminated then move on to the next Step.

At present I am stabilizing the MONSTER COIL (so called) because the magnetic field it produces when PULSED briefly has so much interaction with the magnetic field of the Magnets on the Rotor assembly that it wants to move around quite a bit. Not Good.
                          Having eliminated that I am now working on the Pulse Length and timing
                          sequence .

Next will be the Capacitor charge storage And BEMF.

BTW - the DC voltage at present is only 104.5 at 250 milli Amps.

When finally finished and done the build and all testing will be on record
                          through this thread and will show ultimate Failure or Success - ALL at MY
                          EXPENSE! Kindly DONATED to the MEMBERS.

Respectfully,

Clarence

Comment

• builders have proof

Originally posted by clarence View Post
                            Hello ricards,

J W Newman quite openly tested his machines long before he advocated their use by anyone else.
                            When advancing my build Step By Step here at home, I do the same. If there is a problem I simply figure out how to overcome it at that stage of build and when eliminated then move on to the next Step.

At present I am stabilizing the MONSTER COIL (so called) because the magnetic field it produces when PULSED briefly has so much interaction with the magnetic field of the Magnets on the Rotor assembly that it wants to move around quite a bit. Not Good.
                            sequence .

Respectfully,

Clarence
                            Hey ole friend,
                            Building is proof of concept. If you want to know build it!!!!!

This is why this forum exist. To explore this FE universe. Unexplored. New frontiers. Wonders we've never seen before. Without that spirit of exploration you should not board this ship.

Yes it's at our expense, time, labor, life even. But only the brave and curious will continue onward.

We've only talked via e-mail and here. But I've seen the many photos with defeats and victories. You are a real BUILDER.

That's why I call you ole friend.
                            wantomake

Comment

• https://www.haroldaspden.com/lectures/30.htm

moving Earth magnetic field

that was also a base for all ancient stories about visitors from space and gods who use antigravity flying machines called vimana

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
                                Hello ricards,

sequence .

Respectfully,

Clarence
                                Hello Clarence,

not really a big fan of motor here, as I'm not very good at the phase that you are in now (timing).
                                Usually when tinkering with large coils I tend to stick with battery voltage of 12v.. I tend to blow holes in my winding since I work much with step-up transformers..

on the Inductive discharge capture, I tend to use very high voltage diodes (10kv upwards) especially on such big coils, I find that using only 1kv diodes you get less "charge" per pulse compared to higher kv ratings. (maybe its flowing back.. not sure..) and I find it fascinating that whatever is the voltage rating of my capacitor it is able to convert the Inductive discharge into some form of "charge", without punching a whole in that capacitor.. the only problem that I have experience is when I overcharge it above its rating.

I agree that only in experimenting we can find out the truth..
                                and sorry but there is no failure.
                                as they say failure is only when you stop trying..
                                if it doesn't work, we just gonna have to find another way.

good luck with your build.

Comment

Working...
                                X