https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irUXauA16Vg
    Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• Thank you Clarence !!

Comment

• Good coffee and success

Hello ole friend!!
        Glad you're still building. Sitting here in South Carolina rain just started but the coffee is good.

I was very excited back when I first built the toy size Newman motor. There is much more to be explored and understood with this invention. Too bad lack of prosperity prevented the larger build.

Share as you can here. I know this forum is not kind sometimes, but like the human mind it can be evil or an instrument to build, support, encourage others and lead.

I'm watching and know you are the later.
        Always a pleasure my friend,
        wantomake

Comment

• For me it"s back to jwn blue print and instructions

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
          Hello ole friend!!
          Glad you're still building. Sitting here in South Carolina rain just started but the coffee is good.

I was very excited back when I first built the toy size Newman motor. There is much more to be explored and understood with this invention. Too bad lack of prosperity prevented the larger build.

Share as you can here. I know this forum is not kind sometimes, but like the human mind it can be evil or an instrument to build, support, encourage others and lead.

I'm watching and know you are the later.
          Always a pleasure my friend,
          wantomake
          Hello Wantomake Ole Friend,

I have had to completely dismantle my first replication and start anew.
          The first just did not cut it.
          So this time I will follow His Diagram and instruction to the letter!
          Ordered and received my steel hexagonal shaft which is 17 inches long.
          Will take it to the machine shop next week and a half to have the 5/8 steel round shafts installed in each end and retained by a 3/16 torsion pin.
          Have the 1.5 UF 2000 volt capacitors to harness the BEMF and keep the
          9.5 volt incremental battery bank more than charged. Have the magnets already and the sufficient wire spools (20 AWG) for coils also.
          Will use the same commutator set up as the first but it will a TWO commutator system same as His.
          Also the commutator system and the magnet system will be TWO separate
          units and simply Coupled together as He stated.

Will start out with just one coil as He showed and will add the others as He advised also.

All will take some time - but that goes with the course!
          Will keep YOU informed as progress (good) takes place.

Thanks for the support Ole Friend!

Respectfully,

Clarence

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post

Will keep YOU informed as progress (good) takes place.
            Yes keep us updated Clarence and please upload some pictures if you will.

Regards,
            pjotterkjen

Comment

• Updates

Originally posted by pjotterkjen View Post
              Yes keep us updated Clarence and please upload some pictures if you will.

Regards,
              pjotterkjen
              @ ALL,

Will do updates - But will be SEVERAL weeks or so
              simply because it takes me time to get things done.

Respectfully,

Clarence

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
                @ ALL,

Will do updates - But will be SEVERAL weeks or so
                simply because it takes me time to get things done.

Respectfully,

Clarence
                Good Monday morning my ole friend!!!!
                Coffee and a new week go together.

I will be very busy and not posting for a while. Trying to list our house to sell and purchase another larger house and shop.

The shop is four times larger than mine. Two garage doors cement floor. Working hard to get all things done. I could just imagine how many unfinished projects would fit in that empty shop!!!

Still checking in from time to time.
                wantomake

Comment

• One step then the next

Good Monday morning my ole friend!!!!
                  Coffee and a new week go together.

I will be very busy and not posting for a while. Trying to list our house to sell and purchase another larger house and shop.

The shop is four times larger than mine. Two garage doors cement floor. Working hard to get all things done. I could just imagine how many unfinished projects would fit in that empty shop!!!

Still checking in from time to time.
                  wantomake
                  Hello and greetings back to you friend.
                  As a trial step to attach the mags to the 1 3/4 inch height hex shaft I found that to get 3 North mags and then 3 South mags as JWN shows and did it can be done but unless attached in place as it is done - they are HIGHLY UNSTABLE and WILL always un-attach themselves into stacks of three of their own making. (That is a real B to undo then!)
                  To prevent that I KNOW that each mag will have to be attached one at a time to IT"S location by a # 8 countersunk steel screw.
                  MEANING each flat LENGTH (17 inches) will have to be laid out EXACTLY and
                  then drilled and tapped For 8/32 NC screws.
                  Six flats for each mag with it"s 2 countersunk holes = 16 Drill&Taps per Flat
                  @ 6 Flats = 96 TOTAL Drill&Taps!!!!!! GOING TO BE REALLY SLOW!!!

All of this BEFORE I take it to the machine shop!
                  Probably going to be a LOT of coffee between now and back from machine shop event!

OH WELL - one foot in front of the other.

Happy Sippin Ole Friend !

Clarence
                  Last edited by clarence; 03-05-2018, 06:43 PM. Reason: math mistake

Comment

• Back from shop

Hello Wantomake,

Received Hex Shaft Back this AM.
                    Will do some drilling and tapping for magnet placement through the night.
                    Just going step by step.
                    Pic's below.

How's the sippin?

Best:
                    Respectfully ,

Clarence
                    Attached Files

Comment

• On the right road

Originally posted by clarence View Post
                      Hello Wantomake,

Received Hex Shaft Back this AM.
                      Will do some drilling and tapping for magnet placement through the night.
                      Just going step by step.
                      Pic's below.

How's the sippin?

Best:
                      Respectfully ,

Clarence
                      Looks good and interesting.

That vendor's work looks as to have spared you a lot of time plus good balance. Always better to leave that to the pros.

After the rotor is good then the coils? Always the balancing isn't it. Right coils and rotor.

We need to rent a really large seaside bungalow, invite these energeticforum builders and sit around exchanging ideas and sippin your favorite.

Sippin my morning favorite coffee,
                      wantomake

Comment

• Next step attaching the magnets

Looks good and interesting.

That vendor's work looks as to have spared you a lot of time plus good balance. Always better to leave that to the pros.

After the rotor is good then the coils? Always the balancing isn't it. Right coils and rotor.

We need to rent a really large seaside bungalow, invite these energeticforum builders and sit around exchanging ideas and sippin your favorite.

Sippin my morning favorite coffee,
                        wantomake
                        Good Hearing From You Wantomake,

Yes The machinist was a Real PRO and his work was Excellent.
                        My next step is to finish the drill and tap and then install the magnets.
                        Then the unit Surround framework will be fabricated and assembled.
                        Included in the Framework will be the Commutator Assembly with its Dual
                        16 bar commutators and brush assemblies.

The last Items will be the Single Coil - Parallel Capacitors - And series 9.5 volt battery banks .

All of this will take awhile so won't be posting for awhile. Not that it matters anyway. All I've seen members do is take a quick look and blast on by like a
                        dust Devil! (Looking for a Quickie that has no cost and doesn't require any time!) Sad!

Well, time to get with it - daylights Burning.

Happy Sippin! I know I will.

Respectfully,

Clarence

Comment

• More than we see

Good Hearing From You Wantomake,

Yes The machinist was a Real PRO and his work was Excellent.
                          My next step is to finish the drill and tap and then install the magnets.
                          Then the unit Surround framework will be fabricated and assembled.
                          Included in the Framework will be the Commutator Assembly with its Dual
                          16 bar commutators and brush assemblies.

The last Items will be the Single Coil - Parallel Capacitors - And series 9.5 volt battery banks .

All of this will take awhile so won't be posting for awhile. Not that it matters anyway. All I've seen members do is take a quick look and blast on by like a
                          dust Devil! (Looking for a Quickie that has no cost and doesn't require any time!) Sad!

Well, time to get with it - daylights Burning.

Happy Sippin! I know I will.

Respectfully,

Clarence
                          Thanks ole friend,
                          Won't be long until you'll be powering the neighborhood.

I look forward to your progress on this build. Aaron mentioned there are more builders usually that chose to stay in the background. That may be true here also.

Your choice of coil size/shape and awg will be interesting to see. Yours is the first horizontal build I've seen. Interesting indeed.

Keep up the great work. Let me know as you can.
                          wantomake

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                            Thanks ole friend,

I look forward to your progress on this build.

Your choice of coil size/shape and awg will be interesting to see. Yours is the first horizontal build I've seen. Interesting indeed.

Keep up the great work. Let me know as you can.
                            wantomake
                            Hello Wantomake,

Attached is a Pic of the build to date.
                            Took a long time to get this far.
                            Still need to get the second commutator with its brush holder. Pic only shows ONE.
                            Will be winding the single core on the core form shown in the Pic. Will be of 10 lbs of # 20 AWG magnetic wire -single strand.

The 4 pack Tenergy series 9 volt 250 mAH will be up sized to quite a few more of the 4 packs to give as high a voltage as possible in the limited space you see available.

The BLACK Capacitors you see are 1.5 uF in a three series config and are rated at 2000 volt DC.

Slowly getting there as money permits.

Sip some for me OLE Friend!

Respectfully,

Clarence
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Good coffee and friends

Hello Wantomake,

Attached is a Pic of the build to date.
                              Took a long time to get this far.
                              Still need to get the second commutator with its brush holder. Pic only shows ONE.
                              Will be winding the single core on the core form shown in the Pic. Will be of 10 lbs of # 20 AWG magnetic wire -single strand.

The 4 pack Tenergy series 9 volt 250 mAH will be up sized to quite a few more of the 4 packs to give as high a voltage as possible in the limited space you see available.

The BLACK Capacitors you see are 1.5 uF in a three series config and are rated at 2000 volt DC.

Slowly getting there as money permits.

Sip some for me OLE Friend!

Respectfully,

Clarence
                              Hey ole friend,
                              Looks as though you'll need the 2000 volt caps to catch spikes from 10 pounds of coil for sure. Will you place a second coil above the rotor for generating? Yours will be a self motoring unit I believe. Good idea with the upright plastic holders.

My finances and snail speed brain holds up my progress. But as I can still get down to the old shop to build a little more.

Thanks for inviting me to see your build and ideas. With all these storms here in our areas we may need some backup power.

Time to nuke the coffee while watching morning unfold and admire your good handiwork.

wantomake

Comment

• This is a really amazing thread

This is an amazing subject

Comment

Working...
                                X