X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long motor

Vidbid,
    Thanks for reply.

So you're planning the long motor build. That's were I got the idea to use two coil setup on top and bottom. Also from the videos posted here. That guy was using one MOT coil on the bottom of his unit. I see you must follow the established setups for this machine. The round "upright" machine must be built certain way different from the long or horizontal machine.

Anyway just thinking while typing,
    wantomake

Comment

• Desktop Newman Motor

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
      Vidbid,
      Thanks for reply.

So you're planning the long motor build. That's were I got the idea to use two coil setup on top and bottom. Also from the videos posted here. That guy was using one MOT coil on the bottom of his unit. I see you must follow the established setups for this machine. The round "upright" machine must be built certain way different from the long or horizontal machine.

Anyway just thinking while typing,
      wantomake

Correct. My design is base on Newman's Big Eureka, only mine will be a desktop model. Initially, the HV-MOT will be lower and then an additional HV-MOT for upper level later.

I thought about using an old monitor fly-back yoke HV transformer to produce the HVDC, but I'm not certain if there will be enough current to do that. We'll see.
      Last edited by vidbid; 02-15-2019, 05:58 AM.
      Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• Looks good

Originally posted by vidbid View Post

Correct. My design is base on Newman's Big Eureka, only mine will be a desktop model. Initially, the HV-MOT will be lower and then an additional HV-MOT for upper level later.

I thought about using an old monitor fly-back yoke HV transformer to produce the HVDC, but I'm not certain if there will be enough current to do that. We'll see.
        Vidbid,
        Good picture with diagram. Hope all goes well as you build.

I will be making adjustments to get better results. The first machine I replicated long ago ran with just a single reed switch. One 9 volt battery. The coil was single wire winding of 38 awg from a MOT primary coil.

It was a very crude build but very interesting as well,
        Back to coffee and thinking.
        wantomake

Comment

• Other info on Newman

All,

for those that have interest in reading more about Joseph Newman, here are two additional links:

1. RexResearch page Newman
          Joseph W. Newman: South African Patent Application #831296, "Energy Generation System Having Higher Energy Output Than Input"

2. Patrick J. Kelly eBook edition 2017 Chapter 11, Joseph Newman's Motor.
          http://www.free-energy-info.tuks.nl/PJKbook.pdf

pjotterkjen

Comment

• More Info and an interesting observation

All,

I was just reading a document that Patrick Kelly has on his website:
            http://www.free-energy-info.tuks.nl/DonKelly.pdf

In this document on page 49, the following is written:
            "The project work in this area, to date, has already found that off-the-shelf -tinned-copper buss conductor wire produces approximately
            three times the magnetic field level compared to plain copper conductor wire." [emphasis added]

The above would mean that, if true, instead of having to create a coil with N windings, we could achieve the same results using the mentioned type of wire but N/3 windings.
            Or, when having such a coil with N windings, we'd be able to increase the magnetic field by a factor three. (!)

The same occurs to me with the magnets used by Newman. The first models used circular ceramic magnets, but the he changed to the long models with the hexagonal placed magnets along the ax which were neodymium type magnets.

Then, thinking ahead of my redesign, the commutator was used to obtain two requirements:
            1. each half revolution the input voltage over the coil should flip polarity to keep the push or pull on the magnet such that it would keep rotating;
            2. create an amount of DC pulsed inputs to the coil by the FIRE segment.
            The SHORT segment was eliminated by the use of the capacitors over the coil which suppressed the Back EMF.
            So, it is obvious this commutator could be improved on too.
            Sharp high voltage and supershort DC pulses should improve the alignment of copper atoms in the main coil.

Also, the energy that goes from the coil into the capacitor when the magnetic field collapses could be used to be fed back to the input source using Bedini SG circuitry. Or, when using two battery sources, one would be the input battery and the other would be recharged, and after a while these two batteries could be swapped so that the system becomes a self-running device.

Interesting facts and thoughts I think, while progressing.

pjotterkjen
            Last edited by pjotterkjen; 10-12-2017, 02:34 PM. Reason: name correction

Comment

• link corrections

Originally posted by nilrehob View Post
              A few days ago I found out about this Ukrainian invention:
              404 Not Found
              Above link is dead, but archived here ...
              https://web.archive.org/web/20140308...inciple_en.pdf

What if the rotating magnet where placed inside the coil?
              This might explain how Newmans motor works and why he is shorting the coil after each impulse?

Also interesting in this context is one of Tesla patents nr 390721:
              Retrieving Patent from PAT2PDF.org - Free PDF copies of patents: Download and print!
              (BTW, its "best available copy")
              Correction to link by adding a leading zero ...
              http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat0390721.pdf

Comment

• added links to his book

Fourth edition, full text...
                The Energy Machine Of Joseph Newman, 4th Edition : Joseph Newman : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Eighth edition, full text...
                https://archive.org/details/TheEnerg...wman8thEdition

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

Comment

• Simulation of Joseph Newman in LTSpice

Lowering the capacitor's value helps to more fully suppress the spikes of amps drained from the battery pack. But it also makes it increasingly difficult for the simulator to process an increase of data points to trace.

Lowering the inductance on L2 (representing the permanent magnet) helps increase voltage on the coil, L1, but at the expense of draining more amps from V3. I guess this implies a smaller magnet of super duper strength?

I go with Dr. Hastings' analysis of Newman's 145 lb. coil with 14 lb. magnet described in chapter six of Newman's book. I've managed to simulate some of that data...

16k H and 50K Ohms on the coil. 45 & 1/3 duty cycles per second. I rounded upwards to 50. 304 volts in. I rounded downwards to 300. 667 volts on the coil. I achieved 660. 1.2mA in. I achieved a baseline of 45-50 amps drained from the battery pack, at V1, spiking at 600mA twice per duty cycle at the start and end of each self-short on the coil. Newman's device had an average of 50 mA spikes on the coil. Mine has 21 mA non-spiking curved waves.

The following are the two ASC files, saved from LTSpice XVII...

The Energy Machine of Joseph Newman

The Energy Machine of Joseph Newman, v2
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Newman Motor is Powered by its Rotating Magnet, not by Batteries!

The batteries power the circuit. They do not provide the over-voltage for the coil. That's provided by the spinning magnet.

But the coil has to be charged up with voltage in order to acquire the magnet's energy. And the coil has to be massive so as to be able to hold a very large charge of voltage.

The coil does not provide any power. It simply acquires it from the magnet.

The capacitor, if there is one placed in parallel with the coil, helps suppress spikes. Spikes drain the battery pack without providing any gain in the coil. So, if the capacitor is sufficiently large enough, then the spikes disappear.

With this approach, negative current manifests in the batteries, and both the current and the voltage in the coil is greater than what the batteries can supply it, because the spinning magnet is providing a very large AC influence that the coil responds to by acquiring it and transferring it to the batteries. The current, thus produced, neutralizes the current coming out of the batteries so that they can become recharged. And the coil retains a huge charge of voltage to engage the spinning magnet with enough feedback that the magnet is able to accelerate its rotation and thus give even more energy to the coil until the coil can't assimilate any more and finds its plateau of spin rate.

From this assessment, it's possible to disprove any claims of overunity.

On the other hand, it's impossible to ignore the massive importance of a spinning magnet.

As Paul Babcock has said on numerous occasions: "Magnets have energy."

Pray for Newman - Discussion on the talk page of Wikipedia for the article entitled: Decoupling capacitor.

Chapter Six of Newman's Book plus additional material.

ASC file for simulating Newman's Motor in LTSpice.

My discussion of this simulation on YouTube.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Vinyasi; 01-06-2018, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinyasi View Post
                      Lowering the capacitor's value helps to more fully suppress the spikes of amps drained from the battery pack. But it also makes it increasingly difficult for the simulator to process an increase of data points to trace.

Lowering the inductance on L2 (representing the permanent magnet) helps increase voltage on the coil, L1, but at the expense of draining more amps from V3. I guess this implies a smaller magnet of super duper strength?

I go with Dr. Hastings' analysis of Newman's 145 lb. coil with 14 lb. magnet described in chapter six of Newman's book. I've managed to simulate some of that data...

16k H and 50K Ohms on the coil. 45 & 1/3 duty cycles per second. I rounded upwards to 50. 304 volts in. I rounded downwards to 300. 667 volts on the coil. I achieved 660. 1.2mA in. I achieved a baseline of 45-50 amps drained from the battery pack, at V1, spiking at 600mA twice per duty cycle at the start and end of each self-short on the coil. Newman's device had an average of 50 mA spikes on the coil. Mine has 21 mA non-spiking curved waves.

The following are the two ASC files, saved from LTSpice XVII...

The Energy Machine of Joseph Newman

The Energy Machine of Joseph Newman, v2
                      @Vinyasi :

Very good post. Thanks for the videos. Very good content.

Newman = one of a kind

I also like your video on the Tesla Special Generator, Viz. a vintage watt-hour meter's use as a dipole.

I appreciate your conversational style of videos, and the insights offered are very eye-opening.

Allow me to return the favor: https://www.youtube.com/user/freeanergy
                      Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• Oops. Corrected Simulation and Enhanced RPM with neon bulb.

Originally posted by Vinyasi View Post
                        The batteries power the circuit. They do not provide the over-voltage for the coil. That's provided by the spinning magnet.

But the coil has to be charged up with voltage in order to acquire the magnet's energy. And the coil has to be massive so as to be able to hold a very large charge of voltage.

The coil does not provide any power. It simply acquires it from the magnet.

The capacitor, if there is one placed in parallel with the coil, helps suppress spikes. Spikes drain the battery pack without providing any gain in the coil. So, if the capacitor is sufficiently large enough, then the spikes disappear.

With this approach, negative current manifests in the batteries, and both the current and the voltage in the coil is greater than what the batteries can supply it, because the spinning magnet is providing a very large AC influence that the coil responds to by acquiring it and transferring it to the batteries. The current, thus produced, neutralizes the current coming out of the batteries so that they can become recharged. And the coil retains a huge charge of voltage to engage the spinning magnet with enough feedback that the magnet is able to accelerate its rotation and thus give even more energy to the coil until the coil can't assimilate any more and finds its plateau of spin rate.

From this assessment, it's possible to disprove any claims of overunity.

On the other hand, it's impossible to ignore the massive importance of a spinning magnet.

As Paul Babcock has said on numerous occasions: "Magnets have energy."

Pray for Newman - Discussion on the talk page of Wikipedia for the article entitled: Decoupling capacitor.

Chapter Six of Newman's Book plus additional material.

ASC file for simulating Newman's Motor in LTSpice.

My discussion of this simulation on YouTube.
                        This was a flawed simulation which is evident in the zero input of V(in).

The following attachment and videos are corrected and enhanced with a higher RPM and the addition of a neon bulb making possible the reduction of the simulated magnet's input voltage to a wee 255 micro volts using a mere 700 pico henries to transfer its spin energy to the coil. The total input from the spinning magnet is a mere 8 watts to succeed at negating the amperage on the battery pack.

Despite this latest simulation requires a tightly coupled spinning magnetic field and the coil, it may be possible to build this using the design exhibited in the attachment below along with the latest videos.

LTSpice file ...
                        https://archive.org/download/TheEner...thNeonBulb.asc

Hosted at ...
                        https://archive.org/details/TheEnerg...wmanChapterSix

Search for my videos on this simulation
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Vinyasi; 01-12-2018, 06:07 PM. Reason: updated schematic image

Comment

• Recharging the Batteries with Sufficient Negative Voltage & Minimum Negative Current

Originally posted by Vinyasi View Post
                          This was a flawed simulation which is evident in the zero input of V(in).

The following attachment and videos are corrected and enhanced with a higher RPM and the addition of a neon bulb making possible the reduction of the simulated magnet's input voltage to a wee 255 micro volts using a mere 700 pico henries to transfer its spin energy to the coil. The total input from the spinning magnet is a mere 8 watts to succeed at negating the amperage on the battery pack.

Despite this latest simulation requires a tightly coupled spinning magnetic field and the coil, it may be possible to build this using the design exhibited in the attachment below along with the latest videos.

LTSpice file ...
                          https://archive.org/download/TheEner...thNeonBulb.asc

Hosted at ...
                          https://archive.org/details/TheEnerg...wmanChapterSix

Search for my videos on this simulation
                          Discussing this topic at the Straight Dope forum inspired me to alter this simulation to have more negative voltage on the coil so as to facilitate recharging of the batteries. I have to stop focusing on producing a mere negative current on the batteries if I want them to charge. So, I upped the magnitude of voltage to the absolute value of the batteries plus ten percent times negative one.

Recharging the Batteries
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Doing the RMS thing....

I don't fully understand RMS versus averaging of voltage and amperage across an electrical component. So, I did the best I could in this latest variation of my attempt to simulate Joseph Newman's energy machine in LTSpice...

http://is.gd/newman15jpg
                            http://is.gd/newman15asc

And here's a short video on it...
                            https://youtu.be/qWjcHXuBpxs
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Don't kill the dipole of amps vs volts

Here's a new twist to that famous quote of Tom Bearden...

What if a perpetual motion machine requires that we separate high amps paired with low volts on one side of a circuit - whose division is maintained by an isolation transformer or its equivalent - while on the other side of this divider is the opposite condition: low amps paired with high volts?

This is what Joseph Newman has managed to do: he puts high volts in the battery pack and reduces the amps down to a very low negative value, while also demonstrating high current with low voltage in the rotating magnetic field of his spinning permanent magnet.

The massive copper coil is not the source of energy for his device. It makes isolation, described above, possible.

This is what analysis of my simulations of Newman's device shows me: +60 kilo amps RMS at the rotating magnetic field versus +300 DC volts at the battery pack. Additionally, the battery pack exhibits a little over one milli amp of negative current. The spinning magnetic field requires a mere +255 micro volts injected into the coil to sustain this condition (although only -180 micro volts RMS manages to exit that energy source despite its input of +255 uV). That's a dipole of sorts. Not what has been repeated around for several years, now, as coming from the lips of Tom Bearden (I don't know; maybe he, or someone else, has said this already?).

BTW, I do RMS a little differently then the norm. I take the sign value of the average and attach that to the absolute valued RMS.

And then when I tried to kill this dipole by shorting it out, you know what happens? I get a huge positive (not negative) draw of amps at the battery pack equal to the amps in the spinning magnetic field of the rotating bar magnet/s. Such a condition would surely kill off the amp-hours of that puny string of nine volt batteries in a heart beat. That's why there is the need for isolating the two halves of his circuit from each other: to maintain their distinct differences so as to perpetuate the functionality of his device.

http://is.gd/newman15jpg
                              http://is.gd/newman15asc

PS,
                              I eliminated the self-shorting of the coil during the last 20% of each duty cycle due to it isn't needed anymore now that I have a capacitor in parallel with the coil/s and a neon bulb alongside of the capacitor. Taking away the self-short actually produces a mild gain! And besides, the only purpose for that self-short was to reduce arcing at the commutator. That has already been accomplished by Newman's suggestion, posted in later editions of his book, to use a parallel capacitor for this very purpose. I think the neon helps the capacitor do its job so efficiently, that the self-short gets in the way of optimization.
                              Last edited by Vinyasi; 01-15-2018, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Sorry, I'm not on track with this topic but my intuition tells me that Newman machine is just a bigger version of Richard Willis first prototype (or rather Richard Willis incidentally constructed his first prototype in fashion similar to Newman machine). Try to find photos and compare, you will have very big help for successfully building Newman generator.

Comment

Working...
                                X