Newman Motor Finally Explained?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 15-C2 or 22-K1

So, to continue, I have plans to build the unit that was tested by Dr. Roger Hastings, described in detail in Chapter 6 of Newman's book.
    This one isn't that big (145 lbs.) and according to the specs produced 10 Watts of output with an input of less than 0.5 Watt.

See attached picture.
    Has anybody replicated this unit, and what were his/her findings?

I want this model on my test bench, and when it's there I plan to build a second better version with some of the components replaced by electronic parts, to improve the overall working of the device and get more out of it.

To be clear on the subject, I have no intend to build a big one with lots of pounds of copper in it. Too expensive for me. Although that has proved to be one great working model, if I understand correctly the theory explained in the book by Newman himself, there should not be a need to do so. Nevertheless I need something to start with, and I think the small unit of Chapter 6 is an excellent starting point.

pjotterkjen
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by pjotterkjen View Post
      So, to continue, I have plans to build the unit that was tested by Dr. Roger Hastings, described in detail in Chapter 6 of Newman's book.
      Thanks for that.

Below is my diagram of Newman's recent design..

While the shorting bands are in contact with the coil contacts, would the coil remain charged?
      Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• New Diagram

Noticing a possible weld.

Maybe the shorting band is continuous.

Hence, a new diagram with a bridge bypassing the source contacts.

Last edited by vidbid; 02-15-2019, 05:34 AM.
        Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• Originally posted by vidbid View Post
          Thanks for that.

Below is my diagram of Newman's recent design..

While the shorting bands are in contact with the coil contacts, would the coil remain charged?
          I think the coil is not directly connected.

The inner ring connections look OK to me.

Based on what I saw in the video so far, the only thing I'm pretty sure of is that the commutator on the outer ring sparks twice each revolution (I earlier thought it was only one time, my fault). Advancing the video a bit, we see the upper brush also sparks twice per revolution. But these upper sparks seem to be somewhat less bright.

So to further reason, if the outer ring has only two long copper strips separated by two gaps (and no bridges), then they still do not represent the FIRE, BLANK, and SHORT segments, which we know are required in this machine to create an excess of electromagnetic energy in the coil copper atoms, as the input voltage pressure generates that as only being the 'catalytic' effect. The coil should be hit with a hammer repeatedly, or as Newman stated more like short strong punches like in boxing.

I'm convinced these three important segments and their critical timing are being handled inside the big cover-up.

pjotterkjen

Comment

• Missing image in the previous post:

----------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by vidbid View Post
            Noticing a possible weld.

Maybe the shorting band is continuous.

Hence, a new diagram with a bridge bypassing the source contacts.

This is the design that I going with presently.
            Last edited by vidbid; 02-15-2019, 05:36 AM.
            Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• Latest Design

I believe that the result of the above design is that the coil remains shorted whenever it is not being charged by the battery.
              Last edited by vidbid; 02-15-2019, 05:37 AM.
              Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• Design - revision

@vidbid: Would you mind explaining how this motor would start running on itself as was shown in the documentary, when the commutator was constantly shorting the coil?

I'm convinced that the big commutator is only there to swap the battery polarity every 180°. For me, it's an eye catcher, a distraction from the real thing. Meaning the FIRE, BLANK, and SHORT segments, are handled inside. They are needed to generate the excess of energy through the amplification that the coil copper atoms cause.

Another reason. Sparks that would be generated by the back EMF when the charged big coil would be shorted out when the rotor turns, would IMO burn the copper away within no time and be VERY visible if the coil was directly connected. Just look at the spark in the barrel-like machine in the video at around 0:23:17. I do not have space anymore to attach more images, otherwise I'd attach a picture of it.

pjotterkjen

Comment

• No Claim Made As To Coil Constatly Being Shorted

Originally posted by pjotterkjen View Post
                  @vidbid: Would you mind explaining how this motor would start running on itself as was shown in the documentary, when the commutator was constantly shorting the coil?
                  Please refer to the posted image for my response:

Last edited by vidbid; 02-15-2019, 05:38 AM.
                  Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• Postimg.org for image hosting

Originally posted by pjotterkjen View Post
                    I do not have space anymore to attach more images, otherwise I'd attach a picture of it.
                    I use postimg.org to host my images free-of-charge; you can use their service without even signing up:

https://postimages.org/

Later note: I don't recommend them anymore.
                    Last edited by vidbid; 02-15-2019, 05:38 AM.
                    Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• Experiment

Check out this experiment.
                      Last edited by vidbid; 02-15-2019, 05:39 AM.
                      Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

I use postimg.org to host my images free-of-charge; you can use their service without even signing up:

https://postimages.org/

Hey nice of you, thanks!

Comment

Please refer to the posted image for my response:

OK, now I see your point. You think the coil is shorted when passing over the two gaps. Let's assume that is the case. Somehow the coil must get blanked (here, blanking means disconnecting the input voltage from the batteries) and shorted in those two little gaps. Twice per revolution.

Exactly where is that done, and how the sparks caused by the back EMF is handled, is still open to discussion, of course.

I'll be commenting on some interesting things related to the commutator I've seen in the videos, later on.

pjotterkjen

Comment

• Big Eureka

To continue this interesting journey...

As said, I'm still assuming that the actual coil shortening happened somewhere inside the cover-up; you can say that that is just my guess of course, but I have noticed in one recent video where a rotating multiple commutator was briefly shown in running condition. See first image, taken of the video 'New Energy Series Joseph Newman 35' at 0:34:01. This type of commutator was mentioned by Newman himself in his book, and was a recommended build by Geoffrey Miller during his presentation. This commutator divides the spark voltage over multiple gaps instead of just one, thereby reducing spark voltage over each gap. Now, my guess is that this commutator type was used in the Big Eureka.

OK. To continue the big giant commutator discussion, it could be the case, that Newman had to align first the rotor to be able to give the coil mass a big punch when connecting the input voltage, so that sufficient torque was produced in the blanking and shorting phases, and the motor started to gain speed.

But, just for everyone's consideration, the videos do show different. When Newman started one of his machines, he always had to turn the rotor quite a bit in the earlier demo units. More recently, during one of his demonstrations with the Big Eureka (with the commutator yellow painted this time) he just started it with a small gentle initial turn force. See the second image, taken of the video 'Newman Demonstration' as of around 0:47:27.

Look closely at the image and then analyse the way the motor started up in the video. When Newman connected the voltage to the motor, it was just random timing, no specific timing there. All the motor needed was a small initial rotational speed. After maybe a 90° turn, the motor started accelerating. The initial input voltage was not that high (Newman most of the time increased the voltage manually, bit by bit).

At that point, when the motor started accelerating, it must have been at the point where the coil was 'blanked' and after that shorted out. This short moment must have produced sufficient torque to speed the whole system up and to get to the next gap.

The specific position of the two gaps at the specific acceleration point as seen in the video can hardly be determined, as the video quality is bad and the segments are barely visible, but from the coil switching (the clicking sound) that can be heard, and the way the rotor speeds up and slows down during each revolution, it surely seems like there is shorting of the coil only twice per revolution... which is simply amazing if that was the case!

Still, I think the sparks on the video shown at the brushes represent only a part of the enormous back EMF that is produced by such a big coil shorting out. I'm convinced this is handled somewhere else in the device. See third image, taken of the video 'Newman Demonstration' at 0:50:28.

So, an amazing and continuous torque would need to be produced to make the machine accelerate like it did. This is actually what makes the machine so special: the torque is produced by the mass of the coil (the aligned atoms caused by the catalytic pulsed input voltage pressure, creating a big magnetic field which turns the magnets attached to the rotor). No need for input current to create torque at the shaft. It is the voltage pressure that is causing a reaction of all the copper atoms (at the speed of light) where such a big magnetic field that the rotating magnets are either pushed or pulled and thereby create torque on the shaft.

This invention is so simple and has been fought so badly against by the vested powers that I can't believe it all really happened. We all owe it to Newman to at least bring this technology forward in his name and restore his damaged name, and bring some light in our planet that is being destroyed bit by bit nowadays, and this won't stop in the future if we just sit and watch and do nothing about the growing problem we all face.

But, we must do it the smart way. There's no way that even today the scientific community will accept this let alone the power brokers and all their investors. That is really a big backbone to break.

My guess? The buzz word of the energy future is EFFICIENCY. For example, Paul Babcock and his associates are showing it through their company that when managed through that word, things can actually change and won't be so hard fought as is with machines that promise that you won't have to pay for your electrical energy anymore. This is what causes all the 'financial resistance' and nothing is done.

EFFICIENCY will make a big improvement on the machines we're using right now, that use any type of motor that draws current. Just change the continuous input current to pulsed input voltage, and apply the basics of the Newman theory and we can have motors that run with very little energy consumption. That should be beneficial for everybody, our planet, and even the power brokers could live with it in a growing economy where we'll still pay for our bill but much much less.

pjotterkjen
                            Last edited by pjotterkjen; 08-19-2017, 01:16 AM. Reason: correcting image URLs

Comment

• @pjotterkjen

To my knowledge, there isn't any evidence to support the position of there being a hidden commutator.

With that being said, I'm aware of Big Eureka's precursor and its corresponding commutator. The reason for its design is to increase the resistance of the commutator contact gaps, but as Geoffrey Miller stated, to the effect, that once Newman achieved what he was looking for, he stopped making enhancements.

I believe that no one can dispute that Big Eureka was the final version, and for that reason, I think it makes sense to study it. Thank you for the images of the spark discharge coming off of the coil contacts, but you'll notice if you watch his videos of Big Eureka, while facing the front of the motor, the commutator revolves in a clockwise direction. I believe the spark discharge is the fly-back discharge coming off of the coil, but that would have stopped once the coil brushes would have contacted the shorting band, probably allowing the magnetic field in the stator coil to remain charged, thereby keeping its magnetic field mostly intact.

That's just my opinion. The only way to test my theory is to build a prototype motor with my design or what I believe Newman's final design to be or to build the above experiment in my previous post.
                              Last edited by vidbid; 08-19-2017, 04:12 AM.
                              Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

@pjotterkjen
                                The only way to test my theory is to build a prototype motor with my design or what I believe Newman's final design to be or to build the above experiment in my previous post.
                                OK, let us know when you have the device on your bench and please share the test results!

pjotterkjen

Comment

Working...
                                X