Newman Motor Finally Explained?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple switching commutator

I've been trying too design a simple commutator no 'wheel' only magnets.
    2 nights ago I woke up at 4am saying 'teeter totter; 'teeter totter lol!
    1 magnet each end opposite poles, spring one end, dual brushes polarity correct one end. Self oscillating. In my setup when the battery is very weak. When the polarity of spark gaps is switched the moter won't run. Enough said.

Comment

Bromikey,

I actually asked me a few of this Questions too, but seriously, i dont have enough backround to answer it, why he dont do a mass production or sell them puplic. Do YOU have that backround, that you can say it, what his problem is?
      Could be, he sold already a few, as he stated once, could be, that he have other income from a second business, what he maybe have and do this as hobby, or could be, he got other problems by seling it to companies, when he dont have a patent or has some non-disclosure contracts already, what he cant speak about it.
      Or he only likes to show peoples a motor what runs on its own source without depleting it.
      That is something where you didnt really point out as you asked for a closed-loop selfrunner.
      It anyhow gives the impression, you did not really think about his principle, and, like citfa mentions above, it doesnt really matters how much the source is, when it recharges it. It is not only A,ps for Volts, when he keep the source charged.
      I could only think of that, that he did need that much power, to have enough torque and acceleration for this car.

I do not trust Peoples, what claims "something dont work" without tried to build a Device by her own, or had something similar and claim it doesnt work and neither the Economy.
      Ie. what a salesman needs today are sales, not a device what can aave money. Just look at the walmart and the lot of mass ofjunk what they have at her shelves. All made to break in few months and to cheap to repair it, because sales are what counts. And therefor is the supply what they choose.
      Mass articles what are good to make more sales, but nothing for to last for long.
      And best is, when you can make a new cover on this cheap junk and sell it in 6 months again new, because it has one more shiny led on it

It also is hard to say, what you could do with this motors, run a Pump or run a fan with it? It has not the acceleration what you mostly need from a motor or the high rpm what someone mostly need on certain machines.
      But i could figure, you can drive some slow bicycles with such motors, even, you could do it already because the way it is build with a lot copper, it provides really great torque already, with or without chargin its source.
      And i say, even better as the motors, what they already buiild into it right now.

Its also right that you cant trust youtube videos, since there are alot hoaxers and other comedians out, what like to build something with hidden tricks just to fool peoples or bring them to her website to sell any crap plans.

Well, back to the Newman motor. Once someone wrote here, that he bought 2 from his motors, and all what he saw was disturbing the televisions from his neighbours 2 blocks when he let run it.
      The newman motor is right now something i cant suggest, to build and expect, that it simple works right now.
      I dont even know, if its really needed to have so much copper, because the magnets he use at his devices seems even dont saturate the copper complete.
      When someone want to build it, then maybe just take enough copper that you see a strong force when you short the coil by turning the shaft. The commutator is some tricky to play around with it too.
      If you dont want to bother, then just dont build it and forget about it and save your time.
      Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Need too finish it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Showman Joseph Newman

I had to break away without properly finishing my thought. It is too bad for Joseph Newman that he is a backyard tinker and a showman, and not an educated engineer. On top of that, he has some other personality quirks that drive a lot of people crazy. If you want to study someone else who may be on the same track as Newman, I would suggest you follow what Paul Babcock is doing. The common thread is this. They both like big massive copper coils and they both claim to have observed excess energy. There are other bits and pieces, too, but those are the main ones.

Now, you have to admit, if you have read his book, Newman has his own unique theory about how it all works. And, frankly, his theory is unusual and extremely counter-intuitive, especially if you are educated along conventional lines. Essentially, he claims that there is a sort of chain reaction in a mass of copper, when you pass a current through it. The current causes x copper atoms to align their magnetic axis which causes 2x atoms to become aligned which causes 4x atoms, 8x atoms, etc. This means, says Joe, that for some amount of current, you can get a huge disproportionate amount of magnetic force with no additional input of energy. This theory has not been adequately explored, in my opinion, but Joe Newman is not alone in having used his notions to build devices based on his ideas.

Unfortunately, his personality quirks and some of the decisions he has made along the way, have limited, capped or destroyed his reputation. You pick where you stand along that spectrum.

Mistake number one was trusting the US patent system to act without partiality and do their job with honesty and integrity. If you carefully study the history of such things, you should know better than try to patent anything that challenges the hegemony of the government, the banks, the oil interests or any other substantial industry that might feel too threatened. He did and he suffered for it.

Mistake number two was to go nuts with his claims of free energy. This, by itself, is enough to cause all sorts of know-it-alls and academics to try to shoot holes in one's work. People willing to go against the crowd are rare. You have to lay low and let your results talk for you. Let other people make the grand claims about YOUR work, and be self deprecating. One needs to develop a following, a sound financial base, and so many other things, before you "spin out" and lose control.

Mistake number three was to build this huge, expensive demonstration device. Successful revolutionaries in the industrial world started out small and paid close attention to the business side of things. Also, I might add, they were attentive to the people side of things, the politics, if you will. Read the stories of Ford, Edison, Westinghouse, etc. There are many to choose from. I'm trying to remember the name of one other famous inventor that made a huge fortune and changed the world, but it doesn't really matter. The stories seem to parallel each other. Invent a small device and sell 10. Then 100. Then 1000, 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000. Be sure you make a small profit on each one, and increase the profit as you go along. Not doing things this way was a huge mistake. Did he really sell 1 for $2,000,000? It doesn't really matter because the money was totally wasted.

This really focuses the spotlight on the posts by Max. The device tested by the NBS for the USPTO, was really not that large. But, see how things got screwed up? That pretty much proves these three mistakes were devastating. I hope someone gets through to Joe Newman before it is too late and he is able to see the problems he made and rectify them. I believe it can still be done, if indeed, his machine is able to do what he claims. In my view, it is entirely possible, simply not proven to my personal satisfaction.
          There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

personality quirks that drive a lot of people crazy.

Mistake number one was trusting the US patent system to act

Mistake number two was to go nuts with his claims of free energy.

Mistake number three was to build this huge, expensive demonstration device.

Also, I might add, they were attentive to the people side of things, the politics, if you will. Read the stories of Ford, Edison, Westinghouse, etc. There are many to choose from.

I'm trying to remember the name of one other famous inventor that made a huge fortune and changed the world

I believe it can still be done, if indeed, his machine is able to do what he claims. In my view, it is entirely possible, simply not proven to my personal satisfaction.
            Joit let me tell one other thing.

Unless an inventor can either be completely corrupted or exploited

the people that make this world turn won't take you or your device.

Do you know who picks and chooses who's invention is excepted

for manufacturing and distribution?

When you buy a gun to shoot people with, then you will understand

the mind of those who run the world. I doubt you could ever shoot

anyone. The world is run by men who are willing to murder to have

THEIR systems continuing on its present course.

There is no magical/ get lucky invention that make you billions.

You either roll over an take it the way THEY want to give it to

you or you are rejected. You are either inside of the ELITE

families or you are nothing.

All of the big names mentioned here did not get wealthy by accident

or chance. It is a family thing.

Mikey
            Last edited by BroMikey; 06-08-2015, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Also Newman claims that his motors take anywhere

from 3000-7000 lbs of copper magnet wire to be put into

one motor. Not counting all of the machining, just the

copper magnet wire.

That is say a 5000lb medium build midsize motor at approx

going rate of $10 per pound for wire = $50,000

Just for the copper of a middle of the road attempt.

You can buy a lot of jelly beans/ biscuits and gravy for

say a $100,000 dollar motor? Minimum?

Not to mention hiring Joe to make sure your endeavor

doesn't go over $200,000 for a larger motor.

That is a lot of mula for watching 9v battery strings

charge themselves.

Woe Wee isn't that special.
              Last edited by BroMikey; 06-08-2015, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I found a video that shows a modified newman that that uses a wimshurst.
                I like the double newman wimshurst.
                The newman motor
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcmmGGL--J8
                The double newman wimshurst
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq5iWkh58sM

He mentions an improvement when using a spark gap.

In another video shows a high speed low torque.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7HqSVo60KY

What about the ratio of diameters of wimshurst and newman in the double newman ?
                what about wire size and number of turns, the commutator, carbon brushes ?
                Last edited by mikrovolt; 06-09-2015, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikrovolt View Post
                  I found a video that shows a modified newman that that uses a wimshurst.
                  I like the double newman wimshurst.
                  The newman motor
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcmmGGL--J8
                  The double newman wimshurst
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq5iWkh58sM

He mentions an improvement when using a spark gap.

Here is that comment from the owner of the video. He says
                  it is just a DC motor.

The second video the man's primary mover is 2 DC motors

He calls it a cool experiment and probably needs to charge the

battery after a few minutes of operation.

People build the NEWMAN motor and then when it doesn't

work they try to make sense of having it so they hook it

to something else hoping for the right combination of

conversions. Many have stumbled onto free energy conversion

processes by accident just this way.

It is a cool experiment he says, and that is all it is.

The other guy runs a battery flat out in 4 hours so

no recharging of the primary is happening.

I watched a video this week where the guy said he built a big

expensive NEWMAN motor and was on all of the threads with

NEWMAN and he said that NEWMAN was less than honest

when it came down to specific details to run his big replication.

He is all over youtube warning people about what happened to him.

Maybe someday soon a NEWMAN motor will emerge that powers

itself but for now after 40 long years no one has shown one.

I would rather build a window motor like JOHN BEDINI makes.

The principles are very close to the same thing.

Rotating magnets inside of 2 windings arranged pretty much

the same way. One winding above and one below.

To me its a window motor.

It could be a SSG or a window motor or a Newman motor

or a Gray motor or an ADAMS motor or who knows the

other guys names motor

Each one produces a separate characteristic but all

are about a 1 COP.

The key to all magnet motors going OverUnity is to build

magnetic Gates out of magnetic materials that reverse

polarity from the pulsating coils.

jasonTpedersen 1 year ago
                  Not sure how to measure watts out. It was a 18v drill battery and would run for around 4 hours. The battery says 2.5ah. I took that setup apart and used the wheel for a bedini wheel so i cant even test that exact setup anymore. Also , my commutator was good but not any where close to how it should be in order to get a motor of this type to get to over unity. I basicly had a home maid DC motor. But it was a great project and i learned a whole lot from it
                  Last edited by BroMikey; 06-09-2015, 03:23 AM.

Comment

All the replications are clever combinations but not one replication is operating with a rotor weight distribution, slow speed where magnetic characteristics would remotely resemble the original except a scaled working model that Newman himself made.

It's really great to pursue Styrofoam motors if the weight of the rotor is used as to measure of torque on small models. The same with fly wheels the design parameters needs to follow the criteria of the design and that needs specific details for replication and 40 years later there are a few window motors.

newman10.JPG

This lack of details was the mistake of the past. Because there is a large inventory of failed attempts and 40 year old classics which are not detailed
                    there is a discerning group who are finding the fakes. Truth is becoming
                    more important to some and the rest don't care however truth is being sorted into catagories just like all the junk on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by mikrovolt View Post

What about the ratio of diameters of wimshurst and newman in the double newman ?
                      what about wire size and number of turns, the commutator, carbon brushes ?
                      Well, dont know how he can make the wimhurst part more efficient, maybe a bigger segment, maybe more segments. As it shows in more videos, the wimhurst generate faster a charge by faster turns, so maybe a transmission ratio, since he says, a wimhurst have no resistance with load on it.
                      It only looks for me like, that the charging at the way how newman it does is different to the standard way, that spikes are a very fast charging, so that the batteries charge different as normal.
                      Batteries in common seems usual dont work well with charged and quickly discharge, so i am not sure if it really works to charge them back from another source and let them provide the energy.

For the brushes, i think there is carbon taken because it's simple is the most reliable connection. For the commutator it really seems like its better, when you have one what makes more pulses, i still think about, how much more improvement that shorting the coils short before can have, that it can increase the back pulse.

And yes, a flywheel is maybe needed, to slow the rotor a bit to the point, where the current at the coil appears.
                      I ponder a bit about that too, why he has the magnets arranged with a distance between them. Because when you would hold 2 north pointing magnests beside eachother, it gives a stronger field torwards her poles.
                      Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Hi guys I am back

This man is showing a Newman motor self running so there

ya go. Enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcd7B1qoDPE

Comment

Sorry Bro Mikey,

He does not show that motor self running. He clearly shows it is running off the 4 AA batteries. The fact he is getting 14 volts out means nothing if there is no load on the generator side. I can use a scooter motor and turn a wheel with magnets on it and get over 150 volts from the little pump motor coil that Gerard showed us. But I as soon as I put a load on it my voltage drops to about 15 volts and the current on my scooter more goes up.

Please understand that voltage alone doesn't mean anything. And a generator putting out voltage without a load also means nothing.

Keep learning. At least you have shown some degree of discernment lately.

Respectfully,
                          Carroll

PS: I would really like to see his system running with the output fed back to some caps and then dumping the caps to another bank of caps which could run the motor. It seems like a very efficient running motor and might even possibly run itself like you thought.
                          Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Originally posted by citfta View Post
                            Sorry Bro Mikey,

He does not show that motor self running. He clearly shows it is running off the 4 AA batteries. The fact he is getting 14 volts out means nothing if there is no load on the generator side. I can use a scooter motor and turn a wheel with magnets on it and get over 150 volts from the little pump motor coil that Gerard showed us. But I as soon as I put a load on it my voltage drops to about 15 volts and the current on my scooter more goes up.

Please understand that voltage alone doesn't mean anything. And a generator putting out voltage without a load also means nothing.

Keep learning. At least you have shown some degree of discernment lately.

Respectfully,
                            Carroll

PS: I would really like to see his system running with the output fed back to some caps and then dumping the caps to another bank of caps which could run the motor. It seems like a very efficient running motor and might even possibly run itself like you thought.

He shows it self running in that sense that it doesnt consume Power.

Voltage means maybe nothing, but with no context, your sentence mean nothing too, because you dont see how much watts it has nor anyone else see it.
                            But you think you can judge then about it.
                            I am sure that Bromikey did consider this too
                            The Batteries dont show a drop, try that with a conventional motor to run a load or rotor without a single drop at the batteries.

It doesnt really matter if he would has to change the Batteries once a in few Months when they dont need to be charged up again during the run.
                            You seems to want to be such a smart guy, why dont you consider it that way.
                            Dont want it like that? But " uh oh, because there are batteries!"
                            That is ridiculous.

By the way, why do you try right now with any post you do be senior teacher for Bromikey.
                            You see a easy Victim at him ?

Comment

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                              Hi guys I am back

This man is showing a Newman motor self running so there

ya go. Enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcd7B1qoDPE
                              Thanks BroMikey! or maybe I should say BroMighty

Even if a "battery" is in a circuit with a motor as part of a system, and the voltage remains constant or better over a period of time in the battery, and over the same time frame, the system is producing anything that constitutes energy that is dissipated into the environment outside of the system; heat, vibration, light, torque, you name it... And the battery is not receiving energy from the outside environment but only receiving reflected and/or somehow augmented energy that is being put into the motor, Then It is overunity.

MagnaMoRo
                              Last edited by MagnaMoRo; 06-12-2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaMoRo View Post
                                Thanks BroMikey! or maybe I should say BroMighty

Even if a "battery" is in a circuit with a motor as part of a system, and the voltage remains constant or better over a period of time in the battery, and over the same time frame, the system is producing anything that constitutes energy that is dissipated into the environment outside of the system; heat, vibration, light, torque, you name it... And the battery is not receiving energy from the outside environment but only receiving reflected and/or somehow augmented energy that is being put into the motor, Then It is overunity.

MagnaMoRo
                                Yeah the MIGHTY WHITEY

OR Mighty MIKEY 250lbs solid blubber big mouth

Okay then

You and Joit know more than me, it just LOOKS like free energy

because it self runs. Maybe a COP of 1.1 like the SSG bike wheel.

I like your explanation and will consider what it means.

I really do not know for sure if this is OU but the man said

"SELF RUNNING" so I think this is the same thing.
                                Last edited by BroMikey; 06-12-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X