Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newman Motor Finally Explained?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pjotterkjen View Post
    OK, let us know when you have the device on your bench and please share the test results!

    pjotterkjen

    I remember that in one of Newman's videos he essentially says the motor is scalable, essentially, that the motor can be any size, so I'd like to build a desk-sized model. To that end, I'm assembling parts to build one.
    Regards,

    VIDBID

    Comment


    • New Commutator Design for Newman Motor

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU8fZIRGhxg

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrIGIZ_s700

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HanLTpjXro

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-VqBBfxadw

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3TwfES2534

      It looks like he is using skate board bearings as the commutator brushes.
      Last edited by vidbid; 08-24-2017, 12:03 PM.
      Regards,

      VIDBID

      Comment


      • New Commutator Design for Newman Motor

        Pretty interesting, thanks for posting this.

        The poster showed an interesting commutator and brush principle, which does only one FIRE and one BLANK per revolution. No SHORT is being applied, which is where the additional energy flows into the overall energy equation. Still, it seems to work pretty well!

        pjotterkjen

        Comment


        • Originally posted by pjotterkjen View Post
          Pretty interesting, thanks for posting this.

          The poster showed an interesting commutator and brush principle, which does only one FIRE and one BLANK per revolution. No SHORT is being applied, which is where the additional energy flows into the overall energy equation. Still, it seems to work pretty well!

          pjotterkjen
          Yes, I thought his idea for the commutator brushes was cool. I don't know if I would use it, but I thought the idea should be saved.

          As for what I'm working on, I'm working on a micro newman motor design. I'm currently looking for a cheap angle grinder. I need it to cut open a MOT. (See the link to a video below.) I want to use the high voltage winding of a microwave oven tranformer as the lower half of my micro newman motor.

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRoPHKpCYmg
          Regards,

          VIDBID

          Comment


          • Originally posted by vidbid View Post
            Yes, I thought his idea for the commutator brushes was cool. I don't know if I would use it, but I thought the idea should be saved.

            As for what I'm working on, I'm working on a micro newman motor design. I'm currently looking for a cheap angle grinder. I need it to cut open a MOT. (See the link to a video below.) I want to use the high voltage winding of a microwave oven tranformer as the lower half of my micro newman motor.

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRoPHKpCYmg
            Yeah, pretty cool solution!
            He also presents his next advancements, replacing the commutator with a Bedini circuit.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt7rSr2FnVI
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7a6Rawsrj4&t=32

            Why not use a hack saw as demonstrated?
            And, I assume you want another high voltage winding for the upper half?
            Anyways, a second hand angle grinder should be easy to find.

            pjotterkjen
            Last edited by pjotterkjen; 08-24-2017, 10:41 PM. Reason: adding video

            Comment


            • Down sized

              Originally posted by vidbid View Post
              Yes, I thought his idea for the commutator brushes was cool. I don't know if I would use it, but I thought the idea should be saved.

              As for what I'm working on, I'm working on a micro newman motor design. I'm currently looking for a cheap angle grinder. I need it to cut open a MOT. (See the link to a video below.) I want to use the high voltage winding of a microwave oven tranformer as the lower half of my micro newman motor.

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRoPHKpCYmg
              Vidbid,
              On your smaller size replication, how many wires in parallel will you wind the coils?

              From the videos J. Newman had a smaller size motor installed in that red car he was testing. I may be getting a little ahead here, but it's a thought. Another member and I are trying a replication of desktop size. It would be easier to test on like a small scooter or something.

              wantomake

              Comment


              • Replications

                Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                Vidbid,
                On your smaller size replication, how many wires in parallel will you wind the coils?

                From the videos J. Newman had a smaller size motor installed in that red car he was testing. I may be getting a little ahead here, but it's a thought. Another member and I are trying a replication of desktop size. It would be easier to test on like a small scooter or something.

                wantomake
                Great to read that some of you are also in the process of building replications. Please keep us all updated!
                So, which AWG copper wire are you guys using?
                And what are you exactly trying to replicate?
                For me, currently I am preparing for having an exact replication of the one shown Figure 22-K1 which was actually tested and ratified by Dr. Roger Hastings to produce more output than input power.

                pjotterkjen

                Comment


                • Long motor

                  Originally posted by pjotterkjen View Post
                  Great to read that some of you are also in the process of building replications. Please keep us all updated!
                  So, which AWG copper wire are you guys using?
                  And what are you exactly trying to replicate?
                  For me, currently I am preparing for having an exact replication of the one shown Figure 22-K1 which was actually tested and ratified by Dr. Roger Hastings to produce more output than input power.

                  pjotterkjen
                  Pjotterkjen,
                  My friend is using 24 awg, but not sure for myself yet. I'm trying the long motor type or the circular type. Don't know the 22-K1 ?

                  I'm still planning my build as this is not a cheap undertaking. I've many generator, electric motors, windmill generator, rotors ,casings and parts to build with. Would be great to build something that can be improved on as I learn and build more.

                  I will share my replicating as I can, but will be really slow going.
                  wantomake

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wantomake View Post

                    Don't know the 22-K1 ?

                    I will share my replicating as I can, but will be really slow going.

                    wantomake
                    Great!

                    22-K1 refers to the figure with a picture on page 67 of the book "The Energy Machine of Joseph Newman", which is a must read, and can be picked up off the internet. See image below.

                    The portable device is actually fully described in Chapter 6 of the book. The model was described as 'portable' and produced more output power (10 Watts) than input power (0.36 Watts) which corresponds to a COP of around 27 which is amazing.



                    pjotterkjen

                    Comment


                    • Newman Motor Unit of figure 15-C2 or 22-K1

                      Hi all,

                      the unit from Figure 15-C2 or Figure 22-K1 I mentioned as shown in the book "The Energy Machine of Joseph Newman", the coil part is reported to weigh 145 lbs.
                      I just found out that if I acquire copper wire for that amount of wire weight, that will cost me a fortune: where I live the cost of 24 or 30 Gauge copper wire is about US $ 90 per 1 lbs...! (I'm based outside the US but pretty close)
                      So, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on cheaper copper wire of mentioned Gauge value, let me know... TIA!

                      And, since I'm talking about buying the components, what would be the very best for the magnets (type, amount and size)?

                      pjotterkjen

                      Comment


                      • Hi,

                        Does this price US $ 90 per 1 lbs include shipping?

                        Anyway, have you searched this wire at ebay? See some choices:
                        https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...+10lb&_sacat=0

                        here is a free shipping offer but only 7 lbs left (7 rolls by 1 lbs, that is):
                        0.25 mm 30 AWG Gauge 460 gr ~1030 m (1 lb) Magnet Wire Coil Enameled Copper

                        another (not free shipping but) cheaper than your above offer:
                        Ÿ*Т’-2: 0.25mm/ 30AWG Enameled Copper Magnet Wire 1.100kg/2.42Lbs.

                        Good luck.

                        Gyula

                        Originally posted by pjotterkjen View Post
                        Hi all,

                        the unit from Figure 15-C2 or Figure 22-K1 I mentioned as shown in the book "The Energy Machine of Joseph Newman", the coil part is reported to weigh 145 lbs.
                        I just found out that if I acquire copper wire for that amount of wire weight, that will cost me a fortune: where I live the cost of 24 or 30 Gauge copper wire is about US $ 90 per 1 lbs...! (I'm based outside the US but pretty close)
                        So, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on cheaper copper wire of mentioned Gauge value, let me know... TIA!

                        And, since I'm talking about buying the components, what would be the very best for the magnets (type, amount and size)?

                        pjotterkjen

                        Comment


                        • Micro-Newman-Motor (MNM)

                          @pjotterkjen

                          I have a hack saw, and I suppose I could use it on the MOT, but I bought an angle grinder at Walmart yesterday for $18 and some change.

                          @wantomake

                          I'm using the high impedance coil or high voltage winding from a MOT (microwave oven transformer.) I'm not sure how many turns there are in it, but it seems like it could be calculated from the number of turns in the primary.

                          Originally posted by per Google
                          A typical home microwave transformer has two secondary windings. One winding provides 3.1 to 3.2 volts, while the high voltage winding provides between 1800 - 2800 volts (average ~2200 volts). The low voltage output is used to light the filament in the microwave-generating vacuum tube (called a magnetron).
                          I was thinking about using magnetic bearings.

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3LNkPAC9k8

                          2x 510087 W/ MAGNETIC Wheel Bearing 2008-2011 Land Rover LR2 02-05 Freelander | eBay

                          https://www.walmart.com/ip/Magnetic-...&wl13=&veh=sem

                          I think this video about passive magnetic bearings is cool:

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fab5UK8vVO0

                          Allows for high RPM rotation:

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R4QQmCY4JU

                          I don't know if it's possible to achieve rotation exceeding 1,000 RPM with a Newman motor, perhaps, if employing magnetic bearings, it would be, but if it is possible to achieve high rotational speed, then perhaps a secondary rotor could be connected to the armature to produce regenerative acceleration.

                          See reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJuwj8RhYHY
                          Last edited by vidbid; 08-27-2017, 12:32 AM.
                          Regards,

                          VIDBID

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gyula View Post
                            Hi,

                            Does this price US $ 90 per 1 lbs include shipping?

                            Anyway, have you searched this wire at ebay? See some choices:
                            https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...+10lb&_sacat=0

                            here is a free shipping offer but only 7 lbs left (7 rolls by 1 lbs, that is):
                            0.25 mm 30 AWG Gauge 460 gr ~1030 m (1 lb) Magnet Wire Coil Enameled Copper

                            another (not free shipping but) cheaper than your above offer:
                            П*ТВ-2: 0.25mm/ 30AWG Enameled Copper Magnet Wire 1.100kg/2.42Lbs.

                            Good luck.

                            Gyula
                            Hey thanks that looks much better.
                            Lots of price differences...!
                            Will need to consider import taxes though, so I'll be on the lookout a bit longer while I'm gathering the necessary bucks.

                            pjotterkjen

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by vidbid View Post
                              @pjotterkjen

                              I have a hack saw, and I suppose I could use it on the MOT, but I bought an angle grinder at Walmart yesterday for $18 and some change.

                              @wantomake

                              I was thinking about using magnetic bearings.
                              Awesome choice magnetic bearings, but also pricey I guess?

                              pjotterkjen

                              Comment


                              • Micro-Newman-Motor (MNM) Build

                                Originally posted by pjotterkjen View Post
                                Awesome choice magnetic bearings, but also pricey I guess?

                                pjotterkjen

                                True. No doubt. Passive magnetic bearings not required.

                                Found interesting video. Many good ideas for prototype:

                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJSL0Xx2rZA
                                Regards,

                                VIDBID

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X