No announcement yet.

Steele Braden Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's one frustrating video - the one thing you want to know about is the step-down current but there's ne'er a mention of it! He says in the comments that he was uploading a video on this, even mentioning that he measured 20 amps at the 30 volts he shows in the video, while also quickly adding that it wasn't 'proven' - that's damn impressive, especially as he seems to be cranking the Wimshurst by hand, to limit the voltage! Those step-down transformers must be really inefficient as well. Think what current you'd get with properly designed ones! Pretty much the makings of a Testatika there methinks. If he did upload another video, I can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by sprocket View Post
      That's one frustrating video - the one thing you want to know about is the step-down current but there's ne'er a mention of it! He says in the comments that he was uploading a video on this, even mentioning that he measured 20 amps at the 30 volts he shows in the video, while also quickly adding that it wasn't 'proven' - that's damn impressive, especially as he seems to be cranking the Wimshurst by hand, to limit the voltage! Those step-down transformers must be really inefficient as well. Think what current you'd get with properly designed ones! Pretty much the makings of a Testatika there methinks. If he did upload another video, I can't find it.
      I think this may be it:

Tesla coil "the true secret" how it was really used. - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by john_g View Post
        Thanks for the link. That can't be it though, that was uploaded a few months before the voltage-step-down video - April 2013 as opposed to June 2013. So plenty of time has elapsed since then. Also, he's discussing transferring electricity over the air in the above video, whereas the step-down transformers were a direct-link affair. He's also calls 2 volts "usable power" above, even mentions charging a 1.2v battery with it - an almost embarrassing use of his stated 800,000 volts, especially when you consider the 600 watts he talked about later on in the comments.

Anyone else find his audio unbearably loud? I have to turn my volume way down when listening to him.

Comment

This looks similar to "Onezime P Breaux us pat 4127804"
          See P J Kelly Chapter 7 pages 514 and 531

Comment

Patent

I may not get a chance to check out that patent for a few days. I fly to North Carolina today and will visit Matt Jones over the weekend. But thanks for posting it. I look forward to reading it.
            Dave
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
            —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

Continued.

And this idea of charging two capacitors then shuttling the charge between the two through a pickup coil seems similar to Harold Aspden's magic capacitor although he thinks that aether would do the trick.

And could the swiss machine with two capacitors (leyden jars) initially charged up by wimshirst machine work along similar lines.

Lots of similarities.

Comment

Originally posted by sprocket View Post
                This is the video where he shows current:
                how to make a electrostatic step-down transformer, part 2, ampere test, Wimshurst to low volt DC.

Comment

Another way to make HVDC

Dave, et al

A source of HVDC to run your motor that some may find easier to build than a Wimshursts . . . . . always more than one way to do something

hydroelectric electrostatic generator the Lord Kelvin water drop generator

Comment

Originally posted by prembold View Post
                    Thanks for that, don't know how I missed it! Unfortunately that video is as unsatisfactory as the first - now he's showing (very erratic) current, but no voltage!!! And he's not even powering a load, just a dead-short through the meter. Given that it's almost certainly fitted with a 10 amp fuse, there's no way it could be passing 20 amps. One 12v halogen bulb across the output (which would draw at least a couple of amps) and everything would have been crystal-clear. Hell, he even admits that his 'test' is completely unsatisfactory in the video-comments.

Without (at least) simultaneous voltage & current readings, those videos are pointless, which judging by this construction abilities, is something he was no doubt well-aware of. Personally I think he's just taking the p*$%. Since 9-10 months have passed without the promised follow-up video on accurate power-out readings, I think it's safe to conclude there's no real power being produced by his 'transformers', which is a pity. I was quite excited there for a while.

Scouring the net, the only other thing I could find regarding this 'down-conversion' is here.

Comment

Chris Carson's experiment from 1988

Hey Guys,

Looks like Steele Braden is picking up where Chris Carson left off in 1988. Check out my posts in this thread:

http://www.energeticforum.com/eric-d...p-dollard.html

especially posts #22 and #24.

I am extremely glad to see more work being done on this idea!!!!

Best regards,
                      Peter
                      Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
                      Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
                      Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

@ Turion, Nigelfpower, & prembold,
                        With respect to HV to LV converter circuit, I have found this circuit in YT:
                        High Voltage to Current Converter -Improved version 2.0 - YouTube
                        and the hand drawn schematics is attached.
                        It seems quite workable for this Braden Motor-Generator to convert its HV output into lower voltage and high current.
                        Please comment and feel free to experiment with the aforementioned idea.

aron5120
                        Attached Files

Comment

Responses from Steele

Info from Steele for you all.

Garrypm
                          Stepdown
                          I have not tried ign. Coil in reverse, but assumed that these are designed to operate when the 12vdc input is suddenly interrupted.
                          We have to feed the HT (input) as an AC current which is sinusoidal, so has a SLOW rise and fall voltage, which may not be very efficient.
                          Steele.

John g
                          This is certainly a novel method of transforming HT to low voltage that I have not come across.
                          Will it work with ACHT input? I don’t know.
                          Steele.

Kenssurplus
                          I have built and tried most of the Don Smith circuits – with no success.
                          Unfamiliar with this one.
                          Steele
                          Last edited by Turion; 02-18-2014, 04:01 AM.
                          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

Hi Steele,

My version of the rotary capacitor was not part of Don Smith's circuitry. I was simply doing as Don suggested and working in reverse. Starting with what I wanted (240 VAC 25 kva) and working backwards yeilded this:

240 volts AC <- 25 kva pole pig transformer <- 13.8kv AC <- rotary variable capacitor to induce AC in the pole pig <- 13.8kv DC in dc storage caps <-high voltage FWBR <-Don Smith secondary resonant circuit <- Don Smith primary resonant circuit <- NST or ZVS supply <- 12 VDC battery.

My testing of the rotary capacitor showed very little if any output by backfeeding the NST I was using. This was my test setup:

High voltage DC insulation tester applied to high voltage storage capacitors (4X .01M 4kv in series to ground - shoud withstand 16 kv) then to the rotary capacitor rotor (voltage up to 6kv before arcover inside the rotary capacitor). The 180 degree opposed stators each tied to their respective NST HV terminals. Ground of the insulation tester and the ground lug of the NST tied together (I had assumed center tapped NST?). Analog AC volt meter attached to the 120 VAC connections of the NST. If this had proven even marginally sucessful then I would have continued with the pole pig.

If I did something wrong, or have an incorrect concept or procedure, please anyone step up and say something.

Comment

More from Steele

nigelfbower
                              Re “Onezine P Breaux us pat 4127804
                              Patrick Kelly and I discussed this at great length some years ago.
                              This was at a time I was not willing to share (silly me) to have my system put on Pats site, so Pat went ahead and published the Breaux version instead.
                              From studying this in depth, it has become apparent to us that Breaux never built his machine or any working prototype.

The Swiss machine, as you suggest, could possibly be using two large capacitors in a similar fashion for back and forth charge transfer.
                              Steele.

Peter Lindemann
                              Hi Peter, I am honoured to have your comments on my machine.
                              The most puzzeling aspect to me about Chris Carsons original, beautifully constructed machine, is the small size of the rotors and stator plates, with rather large air gaps.
                              Since he was not using any insulating material between the rotors and the stators, and just relying on air-gap distance for insulation, this sets the maximum voltage useable.
                              Output of this type of machine is dictated by rotor and stator metallic surface area, “air gap” distance between rotors and stators, and voltage.
                              All of these factors must be optimised to get the best out of the machine.
                              He spoke of running the machine up to 10,000 RPM.
                              Obviously to obtain some useful power out of it.
                              I am of the humble opinion that LARGE diameter rotors with a much slower practical speed is the way to go, well insulated, small rotor/stator gap and the highest practical voltage without arc-over.
                              The only “down” side of my machine, is that it has to be rather bulky for practical amounts of output power.

Comment

Only a Demonstrator

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                                nigelfbower
                                Re “Onezine P Breaux us pat 4127804
                                Patrick Kelly and I discussed this at great length some years ago.
                                This was at a time I was not willing to share (silly me) to have my system put on Pats site, so Pat went ahead and published the Breaux version instead.
                                From studying this in depth, it has become apparent to us that Breaux never built his machine or any working prototype.

The Swiss machine, as you suggest, could possibly be using two large capacitors in a similar fashion for back and forth charge transfer.
                                Steele.

Peter Lindemann
                                Hi Peter, I am honored to have your comments on my machine.
                                The most puzzling aspect to me about Chris Carson's original, beautifully constructed machine, is the small size of the rotors and stator plates, with rather large air gaps.
                                Since he was not using any insulating material between the rotors and the stators, and just relying on air-gap distance for insulation, this sets the maximum voltage useable.
                                Output of this type of machine is dictated by rotor and stator metallic surface area, “air gap” distance between rotors and stators, and voltage.
                                All of these factors must be optimized to get the best out of the machine.
                                He spoke of running the machine up to 10,000 RPM.
                                Obviously to obtain some useful power out of it.
                                I am of the humble opinion that LARGE diameter rotors with a much slower practical speed is the way to go, well insulated, small rotor/stator gap and the highest practical voltage without arc-over.
                                The only “down” side of my machine, is that it has to be rather bulky for practical amounts of output power.
                                Turion,

My post was only to show precedent and to help others understand that the principles you are talking about are real and workable. Your claims of drag-free operation were also witnessed in Chris's machine.

Chris Carson's machine was a "proof of principle" prototype. The capacitance was small, due to the limitations you mention. I don't think Chris's design was superior to yours in anyway, other than it was built 26 years ago and proved everything you are claiming now. As I said, I am glad to see more work being done on this method, as I know it is a viable path to producing a truly drag-free generator.

I wish you total success in the development of such a machine.

Great work!!!

Peter
                                Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
                                Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
                                Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

Working...
                                X